Prove there's a god.
AYAMHUAYAM

Indio, CA

#702346 Mar 14, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Karl isn't a high school dropout.
The Redneck is a dropout (or a flunk out).
His sole consolation is that Einstein dropped out.
HAHAHAHAHA
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Employers Beware:

***Time(and therefore wage)-thieving RiversideRedneck* cheating area employer***

To summarize to date:
47,110 posts in 20 months. 2355 posts per month.
At 12 hours per day invested, 80 posts per day, rounded. 6.8 posts per hour, averaged over the 12-hour day of posting time.
12 hours per day, 335 days (reduced for 1 day/week not posting)(generous allowance), that's 4020 hours annually.
Notice, in that time subject has not only posted, but researched(?) googled, etc., to prepare for responses.
Typical 8-hour per day job ='s 40 hrs/wk or 2000 hours/year.
Looks like Redneck spends twice as much time on Topix as he does at his "job", and leaves precious little time after posting (records show a pattern of not less than 12 hours per day online) to actually be "at" - let alone "perform" - his "job".
To finish, Redneck then (without even allowing for travel time, etc.) somehow manages out of the remaining 4 hours per day he has left after his primary duty (Topix) and his secondary duty ("job"))to divide between personal needs, family time, sleep and so forth.
Looks like he's screwing everything he claims to be sacred to him - family, friends, its supposed God, and work.

What a fine example this psychologically unbalanced and impaired specimen is to his cause.
OCD much?

(PS: It is safe to assume/presume that >95% of Redneck's contributions on Topix are of about as much value as when he applied chicken manure to his head in hopes of curing his baldness...).

*AKA Idi utt.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#702347 Mar 14, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell as described by Jesus is the place of outer darkness. It is separation from God. Eternal separation. Jesus spoke in metaphor when describing Hell. The metaphor used was that of Gehenna, a garbage dump outside the city walls of Jerusalem. Other metaphors included flame. The story from Luke of the rich man is another metaphor. Flames represent burning with envy and remorse. Wanting relief from the sadness, but finding none. Susie is correct in saying there won't be real flames. You're correct in saying that it will be eternal.
Dude, surely you jest? I guess that rich man wanting water was thirsty because of envy and remorse and not Heat? Thirsty for the word I guess. you're right about one thing, there will be no relief.. If Heaven is literal, you can bet He!! is as described. Even Satan probably feels Remorse. wondering what He thinks?
AYAMHUAYAM

Indio, CA

#702348 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why half of America believes evolution is stupid, because it's stupid.
Thanks.
That's right, the stupid half of America believes evolution is stupid.

Thanks for the clarification.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#702349 Mar 14, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
The ultimate losers in life, such as Retarded Redneck and Ghost Writer, are cowardly slaves to ignorance, intolerance and violence inciting dogma because they don't have the guts to cope with life without their delusions of imaginary friends and afterlife paradises.
Ghost Writer wrote:
Do you have proof that I have ever used violence against someone for the purpose of informing them of my beliefs?
Where in the previous post does it say you've personally been programmed to commit acts of violence? Christianity is a death-denying hate cult with ignorance, intolerance and violence inciting dogma. You're an utterly despicable coward making a complete ass of yourself in an international forum!
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#702350 Mar 14, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
First Council of Nicaea 325
your point?

Was Jesus’ body really absent from his tomb? Through excavations of first-century tomb sites, archaeologists have been able to ascertain the security of Jesus’ tomb. A narrow ramp would have led to a low entrance, and a large stone weighing nearly two tons would then be rolled down this ramp and sealed in place across the door. While it would not have been difficult to put the stone into place, it would have required the strength of multiple men to push the stone back up the ramp...the tomb site was known to Christian and Jew alike. If the grave had not been empty, it would have been impossible for a movement based on the Resurrection to have come into existence. Skeptics could have easily quelled the movement by producing Jesus’ rotted corpse

C DUNN
DARTMOUTH APOLOGIA
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#702351 Mar 14, 2014
AYAMHUAYAM wrote:
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
Employers Beware:
***Time(and therefore wage)-thieving RiversideRedneck* cheating area employer***
To summarize to date:
47,110 posts in 20 months. 2355 posts per month.
At 12 hours per day invested, 80 posts per day, rounded. 6.8 posts per hour, averaged over the 12-hour day of posting time.
12 hours per day, 335 days (reduced for 1 day/week not posting)(generous allowance), that's 4020 hours annually.
Notice, in that time subject has not only posted, but researched(?) googled, etc., to prepare for responses.
Typical 8-hour per day job ='s 40 hrs/wk or 2000 hours/year.
Looks like Redneck spends twice as much time on Topix as he does at his "job", and leaves precious little time after posting (records show a pattern of not less than 12 hours per day online) to actually be "at" - let alone "perform" - his "job".
To finish, Redneck then (without even allowing for travel time, etc.) somehow manages out of the remaining 4 hours per day he has left after his primary duty (Topix) and his secondary duty ("job"))to divide between personal needs, family time, sleep and so forth.
Looks like he's screwing everything he claims to be sacred to him - family, friends, its supposed God, and work.
What a fine example this psychologically unbalanced and impaired specimen is to his cause.
OCD much?
(PS: It is safe to assume/presume that >95% of Redneck's contributions on Topix are of about as much value as when he applied chicken manure to his head in hopes of curing his baldness...).
*AKA Idi utt.
Great post! However, none of the Retarded Redneck's comments have had any value.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#702352 Mar 14, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Your state of mind has no affect on me. I'm am not in danger anyway so I have no need to pacify you laziness. If you want to know, educate yourself. Christ was Jewish.. Google what that means :)
Sheol
Sheol? The Grave, Lol! His Jewishness went out the window with Kaifus and the Den Of Vipers he preached against. His own teachings shot that down Susie. The Resurrection overcame the Grave( Sheol)

https://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/hell-sheol...

that will tell you about that lake of fire
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#702353 Mar 14, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
you might enjoy this Susie
J. Warner Wallace
I was an atheist for 35 years. I was passionate in my opposition to Christianity, and I enjoyed debating my Christian friends. I seldom found them to be prepared to defend what they believed. I became a Police Officer and eventually advanced to Detective; I spent twelve years working cold-case homicides. Along the way, I developed a healthy respect for the role of evidence in discerning truth, and my profession gave me ample opportunity to press into practice what I learned about the nature and power of evidence. Throughout all of this, I remained an "angry atheist," hostile to Christianity and largely dismissive of Christians.
But I have to admit that I never took the time to examine the evidence for the Christian Worldview without the bias and presupposition of naturalism. I never gave the case for Christianity a fair shake. When I finally examined the evidence fairly using the tools I learned as a detective, I found it difficult to deny, especially if I hoped to retain my respect for the way evidence is utilized to determine truth. I found the evidence for Christianity to be as convincing as any cold case I'd ever investigated.
From angry atheist, to skeptic, to believer, to seminarian, to pastor, to podcaster and author, my journey has been assisted by my experience as a detective. I want to help you understand how evidence is used to make a case and then show you the evidential strength of the case for Christianity. I'll teach you the principles of cold-case investigations and help you to utilize these investigative tools to make the case to others.
I have this book tricki. It's very good.
AYAMHUAYAM

Indio, CA

#702354 Mar 14, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post! However, none of the Retarded Redneck's comments have had any value.
Mayhap I should've been less generous and not utilized Gaussian distribution.
But I am nice that way.
(Eventually, I do judge everybody, y'know!)

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#702355 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
All of those examples and from scientists.
ALL!
All of that isn't from scientists, all of that is shit corporations that lobbied to make you think it was science. You have to distinguish between commercial bullshit and real science, yeah I know you can't tell the difference, don't read the magazine adds and believe TV commercials.
Chances are , that's gonna be bought and paid for by the snake oil vendors.

You got none of that information from a real scientist.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#702356 Mar 14, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If 50,000 people believe something that's stupid,
it's still stupid.
He is stuck in stupid , but he likes it there.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#702357 Mar 14, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is always an emotional argument, never a rational one.
There are so many things that are out of our control, and we are so programmed to cling to life. Humans are also social creatures, and we grow up in a culture of acquisition. All of these things make us afraid of and mournful of death. But of course the dead do not suffer, any more than any of us suffered before we were born. We cannot comprehend not existing, even though all of us did not exist once and will not exist again in our futures at some point. The suffering of death is for those who don't die; it's for those who lose someone to death. Having someone you care about die is hard because you, the survivor, experience loss. Especially for one's own children. We have such hopes for them, and to have them die before us can be such a loss, such a sense of failure and robbed opportunity. But the reality is that, whether we live one year or 100, it's an incredibly short amount of time. Ask any elderly person how long they think their lives have been. It's why time seems to speed up as we get older; it's a matter of perspective.
So don't mourn for the dead, for they do not suffer. Mourn for your own loss and make peace with it. Be grateful that the one who died existed at all and that you knew them and loved them.

no thanks

All four Gospels assert that the first witnesses of the empty tomb were women. In first century Palestine, the testimony of women was considered to be of no value, such that they were not even allowed to testify in a Jewish court of law. Accordingly, it is shocking that the primary witnesses of the empty tomb recorded in the Gospels were women who were friends of Jesus

cc dunn
Dartmouth apologia

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#702358 Mar 14, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
At that age, kids aren't old enough to make such important decisions as to what they will learn and what they won't.
Creationism IS NOT SCIENCE, IT IS RELION AND YOU *KNOW* IT IS RELIGION.
No religion in public high school science classes. Period.
That is what happened in Europe, and that is why people were burned alive at the stake. Arr Arr will tell you they weren't tortured, they were merely "executed."
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Okay, what makes you think that high school kids shouldn't be allowed to choose which science classes they will take?
I explained that. "Algebra, or basketball?" asks the skateboard rider. "Hmmm....."
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know where you live, but here in NY kids are allowed to choose between different types of math, different types of science, vocational, different types of phys. ed. and so on. As long as they meet the core requirements for graduation, they're allowed to pick electives. Are you telling me that a high school senior, ready to apply for colleges, shouldn't be allowed to choose?
I'll concede that. I mean, as long as they meet the core requirements you mentioned.
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text> Even if ID were offered as a voluntary elective?
Not ID, because that is not science--that is religion. "Design" requires a "designer."
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text> Because if that's what you're saying, then you could also be accused of forcing "Darwinian Evolution" on a person. That argument cuts both ways.
You're wrong, and you know it. Darwinian evolution is not religion, it's science. No "designer" involved.
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>2) Isn't illogical to assume that just because the middle ages was a dark time that it would happen again in our own modern Western society?[/QUTOE]

Not really. "Those who forget the mistakes of the past are condemned to repeat them in the future." Santayana

[QUOTE who="Ghost Writer"]<quoted text>I know you're sensitive to what happened then, but surely in modern Western society we're not going to see mass executions for heresy. That's a little **too paranoid** isn't it?
Remind me to tell you about the break-in I had a couple of years ago.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#702359 Mar 14, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is always an emotional argument, never a rational one.
There are so many things that are out of our control, and we are so programmed to cling to life. Humans are also social creatures, and we grow up in a culture of acquisition. All of these things make us afraid of and mournful of death. But of course the dead do not suffer, any more than any of us suffered before we were born. We cannot comprehend not existing, even though all of us did not exist once and will not exist again in our futures at some point. The suffering of death is for those who don't die; it's for those who lose someone to death. Having someone you care about die is hard because you, the survivor, experience loss. Especially for one's own children. We have such hopes for them, and to have them die before us can be such a loss, such a sense of failure and robbed opportunity. But the reality is that, whether we live one year or 100, it's an incredibly short amount of time. Ask any elderly person how long they think their lives have been. It's why time seems to speed up as we get older; it's a matter of perspective.
So don't mourn for the dead, for they do not suffer. Mourn for your own loss and make peace with it. Be grateful that the one who died existed at all and that you knew them and loved them.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Your hate for it makes your argument against it an emotional one.
What's *your* excuse?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#702360 Mar 14, 2014
<quoted text>Not only has your christ never been proven, your own buybull *dis*proves it.
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
Dorothy, you cannot prove that garbage. don't address posts like that to me
god, bring such intense pain to Dorothy, that she will seek your face like a flint. whatever it takes, for as long as it takes, make her desperation so debilitating that she will discover YOU ARE, when all hope vanishes. you make all the difference, forever and ever
You haven't read the thing, have you?

And who the hell is "Dorothy?"
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#702361 Mar 14, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Where in the previous post does it say you've personally been programmed to commit acts of violence? Christianity is a death-denying hate cult with ignorance, intolerance and violence inciting dogma. You're an utterly despicable coward making a complete ass of yourself in an international forum!
It sounds more like a description of a military organization. I've served in the Army voluntarily.
In basic training the drill sergeants told us "Don't die for your country! Make the enemy die for his country!" Isn't that "death-denying?" I'd say so. The military has a zero tolerance on drug illegal use. Are they intolerant too? I'd say so. The US Army massacred American Indian men, women, and children at Wounded Knee in 1899 It was out of ignorance and hatred that this massacre happened. Is the US Army a "hate cult?"

DId you know that the U.S. military killed more innocent civilians in the bombing of Hiroshima, and Nagasaki than all of Christianity killed in the Inquisition and the Crusades? And who did Christian forces fight against? The Muslims. And let's not forget the Salem Witch Trials. 19 women killed. And who put a stop to it? A Christian. Get your facts straight dip-shit. You might want to have your facts in order before coming at me. Good-night little buddy!:)

And for those who might think I'm anti-American or anti-military, I'm not. I just wanted to put "Screwge" in his place.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#702362 Mar 14, 2014
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born

now remember, nothing was written down soon after he rose from the dead

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#702365 Mar 14, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> It is all in the translation.. Which I am sure you would never understand
Translation: "The witch has stumped me again, damn it."
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#702366 Mar 14, 2014
<quoted text>Not only has your christ never been proven, your own buybull *dis*proves it.
<quoted text>
You haven't read the thing, have you?
And who the hell is "Dorothy?"
you're dorothy

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#702368 Mar 14, 2014
<quoted text>
The practice is stregheria, the person is a strega. Yes, it's Italian. More Tuscan, actually, from the north. Similar to Gardner's Wicca, but that's because he borrowed so heavily from the Italian tradition to create his own.
Susie Delusional, on the other hand, is one of those hateful little christians who just...well, that pretty well sums it up. Just another insecure christian, looking for validation from without, and somehow she believes hatred, stupidity and ignorance will grant her that.
<quoted text>
You are nothing more than a hateful little fucktard christian like porter. You two deserve each other.
<quoted text>
That's what your posts demonstrate.
<quoted text>
No one; I don't believe in hell. Hell belongs to you christians; enjoy.
<quoted text>
That's what you christians do to me; I merely tell you that it's *your* hell, and that *you* can go there. What's wrong with that?
<quoted text>
Yeah, sure, whatever.....(gesu cristo, che pezzo di...)
<quoted text>
I saw it already. And as I told you, rejection of eternal punishment is to deny one of the main foundations of your own religion.
And where the hell do you get the idea that I'm trying to "damn" people? That's a christian activity.
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> The second you said. "I hope you burn in the hell you believe in", a decent person would never think that way.
Yet you and your brother in christ porter want me to burn in your hell.

There's my post up there. Show me where I said "I hope you burn in the hell you believe in."

You believe it's okay for you to lie, and put words into someone else's mouth, because you're a christian, don't you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min funnyyyy 31,248
Little Jojo 2 hr KoKos Sassy 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Rosesz 687,346
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 4 hr Frustrated 268
Most Criminals Are DEMOCRATS! 7 hr Jimmy D Cricket 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Not Govt Controll... 286,595
-----*ANTICHRIST on world stage----- 10 hr NewsGlobal 1
More from around the web