Prove there's a god.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#702128 Mar 14, 2014
Nawton wrote:
<quoted text>
Repent from what?
from your foolish and wicked decision as defined in our conversation above, of course!

sheeesh - it's like arguing with a brat to pick-up his room!
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#702129 Mar 14, 2014
Ask him in. Just do it!

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#702130 Mar 14, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So...
http://www.history.com/topics/einsteins-life-...
...did Einstein. So what?
Are you Dan Quayle?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#702131 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not his Irish-ness that makes Liam Neeson badder than Chuck Norris.
He trained the A-Team, Batman, Obi Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader, he is both Aslan and Zeus, making him the god of two religions and wolves fear him.
Hey nano, look!!!

It's your Einstein.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#702132 Mar 14, 2014
tricki wrote:
Ask him in. Just do it!
"Harvey" said not to trust him..........
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#702133 Mar 14, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother is not only a historian but an editor as well. I didn't dare fail English or History in school. LOL Special Ed. is a great field to work in. I have a few friends that work with special needs kids. My first academic love is history. Any history. Ancient history is a real challenge to investigate because so much time has passed. I'm still waiting for the release of a publication indicating that a fragment of the Gospel of Mark found in 2012 is from the first century. If it's true, it will validate the way textual criticism examines ancient documents and put the skeptical world on notice. Of course the hyper skeptics (topix variety) will claim it's a hoax or a conspiracy or some other whacked out bullshit. They crack me up. LOL
Where did you learn to lie? Don't answer:-) you are so transparent it is hilarious. Truly the funniest thing around.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#702134 Mar 14, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you learn to lie? Don't answer:-) you are so transparent it is hilarious. Truly the funniest thing around.
From the same place you did...the pedophile priests in your church.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#702135 Mar 14, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
your opinion
Obviously, yes.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#702136 Mar 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD
There's no credible historical evidence the biblical Jesus ever existed. There's absolutely no scientific evidence in support of a supernatural creator. You're a mentally retarded redneck making a complete ass of yourself in an international forum and should be institutionalized immediately, boy.

San Francisco

#702138 Mar 14, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
don't preach.
This from a Christian? LOL! Puhleeeze.

San Francisco

#702139 Mar 14, 2014
tricki wrote:
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
Can he mend a broken heart? You ain't kiddin he can. it just isn't that tough to find out for oneself
<quoted text>
Dorothy, are you a fundamentalist, a know-it-all, a snake-handling preacher?
you are annoying when you step out of the roles you play and begin proving what a small, opinionated, ignorant, bossy, demanding, poorly educated, pompous fool you really are. aka.a spoiled brat.
you mend your heart. god mends hearts, too. don't presume you know what my god can do. you see?
What are you babbling about and who is Dorothy?

San Francisco

#702140 Mar 14, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as this may shock or offend, the short answer is yes. It goes much deeper than just the issue of how He died. The crucifixion wasn't the worst part of Jesus' suffering. It was the separation from God during those final moments that was the real suffering. If you want a detailed explanation I'll be glad to go into detail.
Please do. Be aware though, it will be difficult if not impossible for you to convince me that requiring torture is loving behavior.

San Francisco

#702141 Mar 14, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like asking what the color blue tastes like. It's faulty understanding of the concept of omnipotence. God cannot do that which is impossible to do. Like making 2 + 2 = 5. Adding more power to a being doesn't make the impossible become possible. Omnipotence isn't a state of having no limitations. It's a state of being able to do what is possible.
By the way:
What's the difference between a psychotic person and a neurotic person?
A psychotic person is convinced that 2+2=5. A neurotic person knows 2+2=4 but it really bothers him.:)
If God cannot do what is impossible, then God doesn't define what is possible or impossible, and thus not only is God not omnipotent, but something else is more powerful than God.

San Francisco

#702142 Mar 14, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
look em up. get back to me with the best answers you find and I'll be glad to help
why did you rape that little boy in broad daylight at the garage at 1pm when you said you were going home at 9:30? answer me now
Since you seem confused, let me explain how discussion works: someone asks a question, then the other person answers it and then the two comment on their views of the matter. If you don't know the answer, then don't respond. Likewise, if you can't be more Christ-like in your behavior, it's probably better if you just don't comment at all.

San Francisco

#702143 Mar 14, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
are you preaching that I shouldn't grieve? how do you know the dead don't suffer? you believe suffering isn't used by god to nudge people to look to him?
If you read what I wrote, I did not say not to grieve, however there is no point in grieving for the dead, because they are dead. Grieving is for the living. Grieve for your own loss. And if God is loving then no, it would not use pain as an educational tool.

San Francisco

#702144 Mar 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
here's an idea: instead of just talking about these alleged reasoning, facts and reality, how's about clearly articulating some, because SO FAR i'm only getting attacks against what i'm puting out there and NOTHING from you about what it is that you believe:-)
Why would you be attacked for anything Waaasup? Don't you always engage in a mature and respectful conversation, presenting yourself as a serious Christian with consistently Christ-like behavior? Don't you exemplify Jesus' message?

I believe that, at least for myself, the main point of life is to acquire knowledge and wisdom, and to do that you need to vet all information to establish it's credibility. Faith is not a reliable epistemology, and cannot lead to either wisdom or truth. In fact, it will inevitably lead away from them. How can it do otherwise?

San Francisco

#702145 Mar 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i like science! do you mind articulating some scientific facts that you think i might disagree with?:-)
here's a fact that i'm boldly challenging you to prove wrong:
JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD WHO CAME TO EARTH, DIED ON A CROSS, WAS RAISED FRRM THE DEAD AND IS NOW SEATED IN HEAVEN WITH ALL AUTHORITY AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE FATHER!!!
Prove that Ganesha is not the son of Shiva.

You see, it's the responsibility of the one making the claim to prove it's validity. So, please prove that the deity you cite exists, and that Jesus is it's only son.

San Francisco

#702146 Mar 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
please allow me to dismantle this evil accusation with fact:
FAITH is not about what a Christian does or doesn't do nor how they perform; FAITH is putting one's trust in what the LORD JESUS CHRIST did for us once and for all time on the CROSS! "IT IS FINISHED!" - Jesus
you're very welcome!:-)
Why do you conclude that faith leads to the conclusion that Christianity is valid but all other religions, which also function on faith, are not?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#702147 Mar 14, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a Christian? LOL! Puhleeeze.
Preaching is not reserved for Christians.

The Topix Atheist! loves to preach.

San Francisco

#702148 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Preaching is not reserved for Christians.
The Topix Atheist! loves to preach.
Yes, but obviously a Christian who does preach is being a hypocrite when telling others not to preach. I thought that was obvious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 6 min MUQ2 430
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 6 min WasteWater 2,305
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min here 55,895
the REAL REASON Ron Goldman was stabbed...64 TI... (Aug '15) 20 min andet1987 18
News Albright Blasts Bush Mideast Response, Cites Ir... (Jul '06) 58 min Divorce Lawyer 57
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 182,931
Have a wonderful safe evening....o.k.?? 4REAL 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr RoSesz 650,010
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 20 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web