Prove there's a god.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#702263 Mar 14, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you get tired of making up BS about an. Imaginary deity?
I wish I could take credit for figuring out the deeper meaning. Theological scholars figured this out a long time ago. Like, 2,000 years ago.:)
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#702264 Mar 14, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am well qualified, and if the religious claims are accurate, any person wishing to find the christian god is promised success.
What are your qualifications Karl?

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#702265 Mar 14, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Now Susie, how can you say Jesus is guiding you, when you don't believe what He said? please explain to me, how you take what he says about it? and believe you me, I will understand very much so..
I do believe what Jesus said, I just have a different understanding than you do. Haven't you expressed on more than one occasion that you are not a Christian? If that is true, then you will never understand.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#702266 Mar 14, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you babbling about and who is Dorothy?
;;
why do you ask?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#702267 Mar 14, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Hundreds of scientists for over a hundred years have searched the whole Sinai desert for signs of a million plus people crossing it for 40 years and have found absolutely nothing.
To me that is valid proof that it never happened.
What evidence do you submit?
Let's start with the stele of the Egyptian ruler Merneptah, it says:

"The Canaan has been plundered into every sort of woe...
...Israel is laid waste and his seed is not;"

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#702268 Mar 14, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
The Topix Atheist! only needs to say they have qualifications, they don't need actual qualifications.

“I love Jesus”

#702269 Mar 14, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, here we go. Buckle up that sharp intellect of yours. It could be a bumpy ride.:)
(I almost said "wild ride" but didn't want you to think I was making a pun of your screen name- it was accidental until I noticed that you spelled it Wilde - I presume for Oscar? LOL)
The reason I answered yes is because of the nature of the relationship between God and Jesus. In John 1:1 the theological context is that Jesus is the begotten Son of God, and is the representative of God. He has been with God since the beginning of creation, and shared in God's purposes.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
-John 1:1 (NIV)
Therefore, Jesus and Yahweh are intertwined from time eternal, spiritually wrapped up in one another. Their souls are connected in that father-son intimate bond.
When Daniel wrote his prophecy about the Messiah being "cut off" it was a reference to God's judgement against sin being placed on the shoulders of the Messiah, and would give the appearance that nothing had been accomplished.
"After this period of sixty-two sets of seven, the Anointed One will be killed, appearing to have accomplished nothing, and a ruler will arise whose armies will destroy the city and the Temple. The end will come with a flood, and war and its miseries are decreed from that time to the very end." -Daniel 9:26 (NLT)
This is indeed what happened when Jesus was crucified. Only non-Roman criminals were crucified, and it was culturally viewed as a curse. It was believed that nothing good could come from being crucified. Jesus' disciples went into hiding after His arrest and subsequent execution.
Isaiah 53:4-6 tells us about God's judgement coming down on the only one who could shoulder such a heavy load.
4 Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God for his own sins! 5 But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed! 6 All of us have strayed away like sheep. We have left God's paths to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on him the guilt and sins of us all.-Isaiah 53:4-6
Jesus suffered physically yes. But the worst suffering came in the form of being cut off from His father. Punishment was coming down and Jesus took the collective punishment of death (eternal separation from God) for all who had lived and all who would ever live. But it goes further than that. Jesus went through with this in perfect obedience in our place. Not only did He die for us, but He lived perfectly for us as well. This is the other part of the theological lesson that people forget. It was as if God was placing judgement on the one person who DIDN'T deserve it, in order to decorate us with the highest honor, so we could have eternal life in the presence of God.
He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.-2 Corinthians 5:21 (NASB)
Jesus died in our place and perfectly obeyed in our place. A person who is born again is born in spirit and not bodily. The regenerated spiritual person then tries to imitate Christ's love for others in appreciation for those two concepts. Sacrificial love and perfect obedience.
I wish that everyone had the gift of wisdom you display. it is an honor to read your very thought out post. It is like you reach deep in my soul and pull out everything I want to say but I cannot seem to find the words. You my friend have that power :)

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#702270 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. There are thousands upon thousands of scientists that explore and/or believe in Creation.
The list is WAY to big to post on Topix.
"Scientists alive today who accept the biblical account of creation"
"Note: Individuals on this list must possess a doctorate in a science-related field."
http://creation.mo bi/creation-scientists
If 50,000 people believe something that's stupid,

it's still stupid.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#702271 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Actually, most modern scholars place Jesus' birth around 6-4 BC.
Actually, the scholars who have studied the precious little evidence supposedly in support of an historical Jesus agree he never existed. You'll never meet a more severe case of mental retardation via Christian indoctrination than yourself. Your infantile posts are ridiculed on a daily basis as you continue to humiliate yourself in an international forum. You're a complete waste of a sperm cell with nothing of value to contribute to society and should be institutionalized immediately for professional treatment of your mental illness, kid.

“I love Jesus”

#702273 Mar 14, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you want to believe Susie Homemaker, I mean Susie D.
Well, I can tell you Susie, that I'm not religious, and it's pretty obvious that I have a better understanding of what is written and it's supposedly interpretation than you do, and you're confessing to be a follower of his word.
That was/is the reason I wrote that I'm confused. That confusion had nothing to do with my knowledge of what is written within the pages of the bible.
The Fear I had of addressing other questions to you was one more out of concern for your mental state of being, which I consider to be already on shaky ground.
There are many things written in the Bible that even the greatest of scholars cannot understand or comprehend. What makes you, a nonbeliever; think you have one up on a person that actually has faith and a measure of understanding given by God. Naturally, you see words on a page and you dictate meanings where I search for a greater understanding. I think you lack interpretation and that could be why you are confused. You want to spoon feed me doctrine you do not even believe in and I won't bite. I have the ability to discern for myself thank you
If you were a doctor and I were an electrician, would you take medical advice from me? If I told you I knew more than you about medicine and that I had a better understanding of the medical world, you would scoff me. Well, this is me scoffing you.

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#702274 Mar 14, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Karl isn't a high school dropout.

The Redneck is a dropout (or a flunk out).

His sole consolation is that Einstein dropped out.

HAHAHAHAHA
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#702275 Mar 14, 2014
Susie D wrote:
I wish that everyone had the gift of wisdom you display
Susie Delusional, you're a stark raving mad insane lunatic who mistakes the blissful ignorance of fellow Christian godbots for brilliance.

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#702276 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Topix Atheist! only needs to say they have qualifications, they don't need actual qualifications.
So says the loser high school dropout.

“I love Jesus”

#702277 Mar 14, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you want to believe Susie Homemaker, I mean Susie D.
Well, I can tell you Susie, that I'm not religious, and it's pretty obvious that I have a better understanding of what is written and it's supposedly interpretation than you do, and you're confessing to be a follower of his word.
That was/is the reason I wrote that I'm confused. That confusion had nothing to do with my knowledge of what is written within the pages of the bible.
The Fear I had of addressing other questions to you was one more out of concern for your mental state of being, which I consider to be already on shaky ground.
At one time I was a homemaker and there was not shame in that. I am the one who had my children and I am the ONLY one who had a hand in raising them, if only parents understood passing the most important job off for someone else to do. However, today I have a career and my children are all but grown so I cannot for the life of me understand why you think I would find that offensive; you know you meant that as a stab. I guess you paid someone good money to do your job because you were lazy or just not interested in doing something important. I have been fortunate and blessed to be apart of what is the most important profession in the world; a mother. Next would be an educator; without either, where would our world be? Noting you do will ever match up to those two professions.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#702278 Mar 14, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
If 50,000 people believe something that's stupid, it's still stupid.
That's why half of America believes evolution is stupid, because it's stupid.

Thanks.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#702279 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no one really knows. Hardly anyone had birth records back then, Jesus was one of them. Notice we have no birth records of Joseph or Mary, either.
But we also have no birth records of Julius Caesar, Philo or Shakespeare too. So what? Birth certificates were not commonplace for most of human history.
That's common knowledge, why do you call that a win for karl?
I was just reading about his birth on the computer and it said most scholars date his birth 6~4bc but it sounded a little shaky.. ah, nothing, just fkn with karl..I think karl was asking Sarcastically about Jesus birth, in that no one really knows..

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#702280 Mar 14, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
Actually, the scholars who have studied the precious little evidence supposedly in support of an historical Jesus agree he never existed.{SNIP}
Wrong, skippy.

No rational person believes that what has not been proven is false.

What can be said with certainly is that there is no consensus that Jesus didn't exist.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#702281 Mar 14, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
So says the loser high school dropout.
Do you honestly think you're insulting me by constantly repeating yourself about me dropping out of high school?

Let's see if you can answer an honest question; Why did I choose to drop out?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#702282 Mar 14, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Karl isn't a high school dropout.
Speculating again?

karl doesn't even write with an eighth grade level.

You don't care because he's a fellow atheist.

Hypocrite.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#702283 Mar 14, 2014
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
we would have to meet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 52 min candlesmell 703,781
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 53 min NotSoDivineMsM 88,354
why Donald Trump is president (Oct '17) 1 hr Joe Fortuna 37
Division Of Cold Dead Hands 3 hr Happy 1
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 3 hr poodawg 66
Trump is Gods anointed!!! 5 hr doG mnaDed lyoH r... 1
dried poppy pods (Apr '13) 6 hr poppy pod 29