Prove there's a god.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#702036 Mar 13, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Public executions via cricifixion - yep that is what we need to be instilled again.
If that isn't eveolution, then I'm a monkey's uncle!!
;O)
his suffering was more immense than i can handle. he went willingly- to pay a debt of mine. a debt i didn't know i had.
my debt burgeoned into a frightful lion, clawing and roaring, prepared to pounce and rip my guts out.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#702037 Mar 13, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
The practice is stregheria, the person is a strega. Yes, it's Italian. More Tuscan, actually, from the north. Similar to Gardner's Wicca, but that's because he borrowed so heavily from the Italian tradition to create his own.
Susie Delusional, on the other hand, is one of those hateful little christians who just...well, that pretty well sums it up. Just another insecure christian, looking for validation from without, and somehow she believes hatred, stupidity and ignorance will grant her that.
<quoted text>
You are nothing more than a hateful little fucktard christian like porter. You two deserve each other.
<quoted text>
That's what your posts demonstrate.
<quoted text>
No one; I don't believe in hell. Hell belongs to you christians; enjoy.
<quoted text>
That's what you christians do to me; I merely tell you that it's *your* hell, and that *you* can go there. What's wrong with that?
<quoted text>
Yeah, sure, whatever.....(gesu cristo, che pezzo di...)
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> That is the difference between you and me,
The differences between us, little girl, are greater in number than stars in the sky.

And to quote the musician Alan Parsons, "I wouldn't want to be like you."
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>even though I do not believe in eternal punishment,
Even though your buybull threatens you with it. Or didn't mommy and daddy read you that part at bedtime?

Y'wanna do something constructive? I mean,*really* constructive?

Go tell your sister you love her, and quit pestering the shit out of me.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#702038 Mar 13, 2014
<quoted text>
You really are unbelievable.
You christians feed each other with your hate for anyone who dares to point out your hypocrisy, or even doubt your god.
You don't "think Strega is passed down" because YOU DON'T THINK.
It would never occur to you to *ask* the Strega what they think, would it? You just sit there and assume, and suck up to porter---the most hate-filled poster in Topix history. And DON'T take my word for that; ask around.
I dare you to ask around, if you aren't too afraid of learning something.
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Now isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?
No.

Go away.

Have you hugged your sister today?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#702039 Mar 13, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that empirical science will tell us everything we will ever need to know?
I don't, because "everything" is a mighty big word.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#702040 Mar 13, 2014
At that age, kids aren't old enough to make such important decisions as to what they will learn and what they won't.
Creationism IS NOT SCIENCE, IT IS RELION AND YOU *KNOW* IT IS RELIGION.
No religion in public high school science classes. Period.
That is what happened in Europe, and that is why people were burned alive at the stake. Arr Arr will tell you they weren't tortured, they were merely "executed."
1) Okay, what makes you think that high school kids shouldn't be allowed to choose which science classes they will take? I don't know where you live, but here in NY kids are allowed to choose between different types of math, different types of science, vocational, different types of phys. ed. and so on. As long as they meet the core requirements for graduation, they're allowed to pick electives. Are you telling me that a high school senior, ready to apply for colleges, shouldn't be allowed to choose? Even if ID were offered as a voluntary elective?
Because if that's what you're saying, then you could also be accused of forcing "Darwinian Evolution" on a person. That argument cuts both ways.

2) Isn't illogical to assume that just because the middle ages was a dark time that it would happen again in our own modern Western society? I know you're sensitive to what happened then, but surely in modern Western society we're not going to see mass executions for heresy. That's a little **too paranoid** isn't it?

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#702041 Mar 13, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother is not only a historian but an editor as well. I didn't dare fail English or History in school. LOL Special Ed. is a great field to work in. I have a few friends that work with special needs kids. My first academic love is history. Any history. Ancient history is a real challenge to investigate because so much time has passed. I'm still waiting for the release of a publication indicating that a fragment of the Gospel of Mark found in 2012 is from the first century. If it's true, it will validate the way textual criticism examines ancient documents and put the skeptical world on notice. Of course the hyper skeptics (topix variety) will claim it's a hoax or a conspiracy or some other whacked out bullshit. They crack me up. LOL
No, not a hoax.

But you would do better if you didn't reveal your agenda so easily.

Of course, your initial bias makes for a faulty investigation.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#702042 Mar 13, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Posting on topix is a "profession"?
Beating babies and women, destroying strangers property, lying constantly and babbling like a lunatic is his "religious profession".

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#702043 Mar 13, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is always an emotional argument, never a rational one.
There are so many things that are out of our control, and we are so programmed to cling to life. Humans are also social creatures, and we grow up in a culture of acquisition. All of these things make us afraid of and mournful of death. But of course the dead do not suffer, any more than any of us suffered before we were born. We cannot comprehend not existing, even though all of us did not exist once and will not exist again in our futures at some point. The suffering of death is for those who don't die; it's for those who lose someone to death. Having someone you care about die is hard because you, the survivor, experience loss. Especially for one's own children. We have such hopes for them, and to have them die before us can be such a loss, such a sense of failure and robbed opportunity. But the reality is that, whether we live one year or 100, it's an incredibly short amount of time. Ask any elderly person how long they think their lives have been. It's why time seems to speed up as we get older; it's a matter of perspective.
So don't mourn for the dead, for they do not suffer. Mourn for your own loss and make peace with it. Be grateful that the one who died existed at all and that you knew them and loved them.
Your hate for it makes your argument against it an emotional one.

Redondo Beach, CA

#702044 Mar 13, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No, that would be Obama, the subversive.
I think you might like Obama.
I can tell you why if you ask by pm.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#702045 Mar 13, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
Do you believe that empirical science will tell us everything we will ever need to know?
Scientific knowledge continually increases, but science will not unravel all of the mysteries of the universe in any of our lifetimes. There's no alternative to science and reality.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#702046 Mar 13, 2014
<quoted text>Not only has your christ never been proven, your own buybull *dis*proves it.
Dorothy, you cannot prove that garbage. don't address posts like that to me

god, bring such intense pain to Dorothy, that she will seek your face like a flint. whatever it takes, for as long as it takes, make her desperation so debilitating that she will discover YOU ARE, when all hope vanishes. you make all the difference, forever and ever

“"None shall pass"”

There

#702047 Mar 13, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That's called a "learning curve".
Sadly, yours appears to be flat.
His is retrograde.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#702048 Mar 13, 2014
It was inevitable.'Cosmos' has been accused of taking a jab at Catholics in its premiere episode:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/cosmos-accu...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#702049 Mar 13, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Paul, NOT Jesus. I wanted RED WORDS.. Jesus never speak about homesexuality yet many people are quit to jump the wagon and declare Jesus hate gay people; I do not buy that :)
Agreed.

Redondo Beach, CA

#702050 Mar 13, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Beating babies and women, destroying strangers property, lying constantly and babbling like a lunatic is his "religious profession".
Haha, very good.

He is a piece of work, isn't he?
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#702051 Mar 13, 2014
Creationism IS NOT SCIENCE, IT IS RELION AND YOU *KNOW* IT IS RELIGION.
Ghost Writer lacks the intellectual capacity to comprehend that intelligent design or Christian creationism isn't science. No child should be introduced to religious dogma in the public schools. Hopefully, no child will be introduced to ignorance, intolerance and violence inciting religious dogma anywhere on earth in the coming decades. Religious brainwashing is child abuse.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#702052 Mar 13, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> I never said I do not believe in "hell" . Actually what I said is I don't believe hell is a place of eternal punishment or that someone will burn for eternity. I prefer to believe the Jewish translation. The God I feel I know would never punish his children for eternity for such a short time span that we spent on this earth. Do I think we answer for what we do wrong? Yes, but for all eternity in such pain NO!
You are very confusing, you seem to contradict your bible and it's teaching every time you post.
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> I don't believe hell is a place of eternal punishment or that someone will burn for eternity.
So you believe that this punishment that a non believer will suffer is only temporary?
I must ask you, do you know the definition of Eternal? It basically means forever,
and your bible refutes what you just posted i.e. Matthew 25:46
According to your bible, Jesus warned of hell and it's eternal fire. >Matthew 18:8<
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Do I think we answer for what we do wrong? Yes, but for all eternity in such pain NO!
Explain to me your interpretation of punishment.

I have lots of questions, but I fear directing them to you is not a wise decision.
Strike that last question I asked you.

Location hidden

#702053 Mar 13, 2014
Nawton wrote:
<quoted text>
But weren't the apostles believers?
Yes, but not all believers left their homes and families to follow him around the countryside.

There are militant atheist leaders who also travel with an entourage, helpers who are "of one mind and purpose", like Jesus and HIS apostles.

The difference IS that Jesus never asked for donations of money to further HIS cause. Maybe you should ask yourself why militant atheists do the same thing that they condemn televangelists of doing. Christianity and atheism are both ideologies, an ideology is nothing more than a concept. If Jesus didn't ask for cash from "believers" then why does atheism need cash to exist in the minds of atheists? The Horsemen are no better than televangelists; nothing but users and con-artists.

Location hidden

#702054 Mar 13, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you might like Obama.
I can tell you why if you ask by pm.
Not interested.

Redondo Beach, CA

#702055 Mar 13, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but not all believers left their homes and families to follow him around the countryside.
There are militant atheist leaders who also travel with an entourage, helpers who are "of one mind and purpose", like Jesus and HIS apostles.
The difference IS that Jesus never asked for donations of money to further HIS cause. Maybe you should ask yourself why militant atheists do the same thing that they condemn televangelists of doing. Christianity and atheism are both ideologies, an ideology is nothing more than a concept. If Jesus didn't ask for cash from "believers" then why does atheism need cash to exist in the minds of atheists? The Horsemen are no better than televangelists; nothing but users and con-artists.
Did they use sunscreen of some sort when they traveled through the countryside with Jesus?

It's hellishly hot in that part of the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min Pres Mr Donald J ... 675,593
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 55 min Pres Mr Donald J ... 110,469
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 58 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,717
Hell Angels motor cycle group (Jul '11) 2 hr mechanic 106
what lurks amongst us 3 hr Sethlong 4
2017 human slave 3 hr Sethlong 6
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr Classic 4,083
More from around the web