#701758 Mar 13, 2014

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#701759 Mar 13, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the drivel you post
are you saying you lie in your posts?
I told you before karl, I don't lie.. I do BS tho.. A Lot! The Cross is Idolatry and Christ would not have had anything to do with it, it's of man, not Christ. Probably about overcoming the Torture and Romans, Not to mention Death. A symbolic gesture of Christ living in them and they in him..

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#701760 Mar 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christian cross is a symbol of love and sacrifice, not a symbol of death.
it is often depicted with a suffering body hanging in subjugation.

subjugation, torture, death, cowardice,

perfect for christianity.

Location hidden

#701761 Mar 13, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll wait for the Blu-ray release. The trailer looks intriguing, the casting looks good, and if the screenplay holds together, it might be enjoyable. Don't look for me to fall to my knees when it's over...
are they running any other comedies the same night?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#701762 Mar 13, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
HaahahaaHaa ...hold on, you wanna know.... HAHAHAHAA ...lemme get this right, hahahh, you're asking..hAHAHH ... "gonna go see it" hahaaaHAHAHAHA whew...gimme just a sec hahahhhahh HaahahaaHaa ...hold on, you wanna know.... HAHAHAHAA ...lemme get this right, hahahh, you're asking..hAHAHH ... "gonna go see it" hahaaaHAHAHAHA .... HaahahaaHaa ...hold on, you wanna know.... HAHAHAHAA ...lemme get this right, hahahh, you're asking..hAHAHH ... "gonna go see it" hahaaaHAHAHAHA whew...gimme just a sec hahahhhahh HaahahaaHaa ...hold on, you wanna know.... HAHAHAHAA ...lemme get this right, hahahh, you're asking..hAHAHH ... "gonna go see it" hahaaaHAHAHAHA......hold on, you wanna know.... HAHAHAHAA ...lemme get this right, hahahh, you're asking..hAHAHH ... "gonna see it" hahaaaHAHAHAHA whew...gimme just a sec hahahhhahh HaahahaaHaa ...hold on, you wanna know.... HAHAHAHAA ...lemme get this right, hahahh, you're asking..hAHAHH ... "gonna go see it" hahaaaHAHAHAHA.....whew, I'm okay now.
No.
I suggest you keep your meltdowns private.

Location hidden

#701763 Mar 13, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes because sacrificial love is the highest type of love there can be. The cross is also a symbol of triumph over the darker forces of hatred and lust for power. Roman crucifixion was the most horrible way to die in antiquity. Using the cross as a symbol shows that the love of God can overcome the most horrendous hatred of mankind. Actually the word "mankind" is something of an oxymoron. Man isn't always kind.
subjugation
torture

christianity

take up your cross and follow me

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#701764 Mar 13, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
considered one of the very worst ways to die
reason it was employed --- to generate fear.
and is a perfect symbol for christianity
Correct. Funny how godbots donít actually know the history of their belief

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#701765 Mar 13, 2014
Anon wrote:
I'll wait for the Blu-ray release. The trailer looks intriguing, the casting looks good, and if the screenplay holds together, it might be enjoyable. Don't look for me to fall to my knees when it's over...
Thanks for your honesty. It's a rarity amongst the atheists here.

You'll see some of their posts ragging on the film, like scar's meltdown or Scrooge calling it filth just because it's a Biblical-based story.

That's nuts. I saw Halloween without wanting to murder anyone afterwards. It's just a movie....

And Russell Crowe is a bad ass.

Location hidden

#701766 Mar 13, 2014
the talk wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a corrupt mind. Too bad you're not a computer. You would be bashed to smithereens by now.
ask me for my address porter

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#701767 Mar 13, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes because sacrificial love is the highest type of love there can be. The cross is also a symbol of triumph over the darker forces of hatred and lust for power. Roman crucifixion was the most horrible way to die in antiquity. Using the cross as a symbol shows that the love of God can overcome the most horrendous hatred of mankind. Actually the word "mankind" is something of an oxymoron. Man isn't always kind.
Very well written.

<standing ovation>

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#701768 Mar 13, 2014
Candice wrote:
God loves you
Well, Aphrodite does, at the very least...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#701769 Mar 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The Christian cross is a symbol of love and sacrifice, not a symbol of death.
wilderide wrote:
Oh, Jesus was never tortured and killed on a cross then? Do tell.
Nah.

It's likely beyond your comprehension.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#701770 Mar 13, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Read it again, please: "No, it's confirmed by research, verifiable physical evidence, and scientific consensus."
Nothing in science is confirmed by a show of hands.

Consensus is irrelevant to fact.

#701771 Mar 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your honesty. It's a rarity amongst the atheists here.
You'll see some of their posts ragging on the film, like scar's meltdown or Scrooge calling it filth just because it's a Biblical-based story.
That's nuts. I saw Halloween without wanting to murder anyone afterwards. It's just a movie....
And Russell Crowe is a bad ass.
There you go vilifying atheists again.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#701772 Mar 13, 2014
Right. You prefer to buy into stories about talking snakes, women dropping in from out of the sky, people being swallowed by whales, a sun that revolves around the earth, and burning bushes that talk.
<quoted text>
What *other* parts of the bible do you not believe?
I do not believe the way you worded it, you have an elementary understanding of the Bible and of Christianity.

But since you couldn't care less, that's fine.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#701773 Mar 13, 2014
<quoted text>
I would recommend that Arr Arr watch an episode or two of "Cosmos," but he'd probably just shoot his TV instead. After all, science comes from de debbil!!
<quoted text>
YOU seem to think it is, when it serves *your* purposes.
<quoted text>
See what I mean?
"The Bible" is a TV show about a myth; "Cosmos" is a TV show about science.
I'll take science over myth any day.
I was merely mocking you for suggesting a TV show to learn science.

Do you understand mocking?

Location hidden

#701776 Mar 13, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a different one than what you currently have. There are different ways of looking at this issue.
<quoted text>
Wouldn't the concept of "sin" be a product of free will? A person can choose to do either right or wrong. The act of choosing indicates free will doesn't it?
If the consequence for sin was (and is) death, which is basically separation from God, then wouldn't it be loving of God to find a way for humankind to come back into His presence? And if God's son Jesus had the same supernatural powers as God, then it's not a human sacrifice is it? For the sake of argument, let's suppose that God created all life. It doesn't matter how it was done or how long it took. So let's not quibble over that. If God really did create all life, and if His son had the same supernatural powers as God, then isn't it reasonable to conclude that Jesus could in fact raise Himself back to life through some kind of regeneration of cells?
Is the only reason that you view it as a "human sacrifice" is because you and I can't do that kind of thing?
gods do not feel pain

gods do not "die"

substitutional atonement is the filthiest philosophy ever invented.

symbolized by a cross, perfect --- for christians

“Drive by wire”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#701777 Mar 13, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Donít know if you are talking about me, Iíve probably said similar to tricki trixi in the past but anyway I can certainly second those sentiments
Actually not you, but ....
that makes at least three of us.:)

#701778 Mar 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was merely mocking you for suggesting a TV show to learn science.
Do you understand mocking?
Do you understand learning?

“Drive by wire”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#701779 Mar 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing in science is confirmed by a show of hands.
Consensus is irrelevant to fact.
Never was the show of hands alone, it was the hands raised after the question.

" I have read these works and agree this is the best possible answer to the question."
All in favor....

You seemed to have missed that part.

Now one you and wasssup may understand,

99 out of 100 dentists agree that , while candy is fine and sure tastes dandy...
Sex doesn't rot your teeth.

agree?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min AnnieJ 609,730
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min Freebird USA 176,192
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min hojo 578,615
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 33 min mee 93
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr bacon hater 97,960
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr okimar 53,324
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Neelakaran 5,908
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 269,990
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr IWANNAPLAY 187
More from around the web