Prove there's a god.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#702010 Mar 13, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Sheez - looks like the "Chinese finger torture" joke didn't work.....tough audience, huh?
How 'bout this one.....
Did you know Chuck Norris was in Star Wars, the movie?
Yeah - he played "The Force!"
ba-da-boom!!
C'mon, I know you are smiling on the inside.....let's see it!!
:o)
Cheers everyone!
Chuck Norris does not call the wrong number, you answer the wrong phone...:)

“I love Jesus”

#702011 Mar 13, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
" I would like for you to show me in those red letter where JESUS mentions homosexuality while you're at it??"
Isn't it only Paul in the New Testament who mentions homosexuality??
Yes Paul, NOT Jesus. I wanted RED WORDS.. Jesus never speak about homesexuality yet many people are quit to jump the wagon and declare Jesus hate gay people; I do not buy that :)

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#702012 Mar 13, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote (to RR):
<quoted text>
You're welcome.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?! how many times have i flattered you,
Is *that* what you call this?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> it ain't my philosphies that i wanna shove down your throat, hon;-)
You call that "flattery??"
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> but all i get is "you're rancid rat's poop...blah blah blah":-(
BECAUSE YOU EARNED IT.

You don't want to know that, do you? Just pull it out of your head, throw it away, and continue on as before.

Waaasssuuup: "But I'm a christian! God *tells* me I can do whatever I want, because he forgives me! I'm allowed to hate, I'm allowed to lie, I'm allowed to steal and tell women I want to shove my dick down their throats, and then tell everyone how good I am! My savior forgives me! Why won't you love and respect me??"

Official notice, Shorty: I hate your fucking guts, and I wish you a long, miserable, pain-filled life.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#702013 Mar 13, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Question: do you think your response is an example of Christ-like behavior?
<quoted text>
Attn Wilderide:
This is Shorty's idea of christ-like behavior:
<quoted text>
I'll bet waaasssuuup fantasizes about sodomizing 11-year-old girls. After all, his "jesus" forgives him.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
*****EVIL AND MALICIOUS ACCUSATION ALERT********
You forgot this one:
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> it ain't my philosphies that i wanna shove down your throat, hon;-)
EVIL CHRISTIAN WOULD-BE RAPIST AND SODOMIZER ALERT!!

Too bad there isn't a hell, you bastard, because you deserve it.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#702014 Mar 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In high school science class, I was taught about the nine planets in our solar system.
We were all taught about fictitious global warming from science.
Our parents and grandparents were taught the Expanding Earth theory in science class.
Einstein taught his Static Universe theory.
Spontaneous Generation was taught by science for nearly 2,000 years.
Miasmatic theory of disease was found true by science, until it was found false.
For nearly 2,000 years, bloodletting was taught by science as an actual medical healing practice.
For over 200 years, European scientists in geography taught us that California was an island, separate from the mainland.
I know, I know..... Science can contradict itself and correct itself. And that's OK. That's how scientific research goes.
So which science do you want taught in class?
Science theory or science fact?
Because history shows us that science is wrong far more often than it is right.
Boy you sure went to a lousy high school.:-)

The controversy about Pluto had been going on for years, and lately what with the Hubbell space telescope and all, we have learned whats going on out there and also decided what size was required for planetary status....and alas, Pluto didn't measure up.

Now please list all the science findings that are true.

And a resounding NO to your belief/hope that science is wrong more often than not.

So you just recently got out of high school?..:-)

“I love Jesus”

#702015 Mar 13, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opening statement was along the lines of why do you hate god? It was the part of your post that prompted me to respond. Christianity only came into it on the second paragraph.
Actually you only quoted part of that assumption. I wonder why? Surely you are an honest christian? Perhaps not.
You made the statement, that is enough to advise people of your belief that people must believe in god because you do. You make comparisons that are irrelevant because you have no understanding of the other side of the argument.
But what has belief got to do with making a statement? Ahh, I get it, I believe in god because I say so – right?
You did not do a very good job of mincing words. Just because I make a proclamation of being a Christian by no means suggest I think YOU or anyone has to believe in God just because I do. I think your statement adversely is a comparison to you. You have no understanding of the other side of the argument and this is irrelevant to your post. There are many reason why I believe in God; many. None of which included the phrase “because I said so”. Total speculation on your part; an assumption. ASS(of)U(not) ME

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#702016 Mar 13, 2014
wilderide wrote:
Yahweh never established itself?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yahweh?
Oh you mean God.
Why didn't you just say that? Why throw in an arbitrary Hebrew word in an English written sentence?
Because the god you believe in was invented by a Hebrew.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#702017 Mar 13, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
I strongly doubt anyone who was ever crucified would agree with you.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Being executed on a crucifix would be extreme painful, yes. But that doesn't make it a torture device,
?

??

whiskey tango foxtrot??

“I love Jesus”

#702018 Mar 13, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that.
I think that you can have a spiritual connection at multiple scales. And connectivity is a key element of spirituality. The other major elements are awe, gratitude, and a sense of mystery.
I consider it a psychological phenomenon, view it as a gift of evolution, and call the capacity to have that experience the spiritual faculty.
Other people consider it an intuitive awareness of a deity, but in my opinion, they have mistakenly let their proclivity for agenticity into the mix, where agenticity is defined as the tendency to see sentient, volitional, purposive agents capable of acting on the world underlying natural phenomena - the same psychological phenomenon that caused ancients to assign nymphs, spirits, and gods to assorted realms like the woods, the sea, or the skies.
No matter how you view it, we are one force and we are all connected in a way that is unexplainable. It is nice talking to someone who gets that even if we do not agree on the why or how at least we have an understanding; it is actually fascinating.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#702019 Mar 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta stop ya there, you're wrong.
"Yahweh" is simply "God" in Hebrew. That's not His name.
God doesn't have a name, He introduced Himself to Moses as "I am that I am".
No he didn't; that's a fairytale.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#702020 Mar 13, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Lethal injection comes immediately to mind. Pretty much any execution device would involve less torture than crucifixion. And moreover, wasn't suffering supposed to be a critical part of Jesus' death? It seems to me you are arguing against one of the fundamental dogmas of your own religion.
If you don't like torture, that is to your credit, but then that must cause you alot of cognitive dissonance around your choice of religion.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't like torture but my preferences aren't the debate.
The debate is whether or not the crucifix is a torture or execution device.
Crucifixion is ultimately a form of slow and painful execution, period.
As I've stated, there are execution devices and there are torture devices. One is made to kill, the other is made to inflict great pain.
Do you *really* believe that shit you just wrote??

Madonna!!

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#702021 Mar 13, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably because there were different versions of the "god(S)" used within the Judaic religion before the full move to monotheism, at which time, the "Yahweh" was the final version and that didn't become set in stone, so to speak, until after the exile.
So, at times, that name, and the "god", changed, each with attributes that changed as the "god" changed.
That's the part of your religion/deity belief you don't want to know about.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
If it was written originally in English, they'd have wrote God.
In Spanish, Dios.
In Arabic, Allah.
In Italian, Dio.
In German, Gott.
In Dutch, Gud.
But they wrote in Hebrew, so they wrote Yahweh.
All the same word, just in different languages.
"God" is not a name, it's a job description.

Yahweh is a name. Jehovah is a name.

Zeus, Apollo, Mercury, Aphrodite, Diana, Venus, Hades, Mars, these are names of gods.

Stop denying what you know is true.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#702022 Mar 13, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>So, now you're willing to use an argument that is quite similar to the one presented - that you utterly rejected at the time - that up until DNA was discovered and known to be what it was, as far as science was concerned at the time -(since science wasn't aware of DNA at the time)- was unknown.

So, in that same sense, before spontaneous generation was known to be false - no one at the time - knew differently, until science discovered that was false. From that point forward, the information improved concerning that particular subject.

This is why you are seen as buffoonish and purposefully obtuse, because you waffle from one side to the other, and act as if you have integrity.
I approve of this post.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#702023 Mar 13, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism isn't a religion. Atheism is the lack of belief in the absurdity of supernatural deities without evidence. A lack of belief in anything isn't a foundation for a religion.
Do you believe that empirical science will tell us everything we will ever need to know?
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#702024 Mar 13, 2014
the talk wrote:
<quoted text>
You learned to be hateful and arrogant from being an atheist.
So whats YOUR excuse Porter boy?

Oh thats right youre kristain

www.evilbible.com

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#702025 Mar 13, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
Shortened so I could also get a word in edgewise.:)
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwinian evolution, like I said above, is demonstrable fact and it is science so it is a reasonable thing to teach in schools. I don't know of any schools that teach secularism, but I suppose any class that puts the lie to Christianity, or any other religion, is a secular class.
Teach religion at home or in church, teach science in schools.
Every body in America knows about your religion....what more informing do you want?
Do you think you're fooling anyone with your semantics??
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice reply. For what it's worth, I don't advocate any acts of violence or harassment perpetrated by one group onto another. I don't advocate a school official enforcing prayer on those who don't want it.
What I do object to is total segregation in public schools. At the high school level, kids should have a choice. Offer a variety of classes. If kids want to learn Intelligent Design and Darwinian Evolution, then teach both. I say let them decide for themselves.
No. No, no, no, no, no.

High school kid: "I don't wanna learn algebra, it's too hard. I wanna learn basket ball." See where I'm going with this, Gee Dub?

High school kid: "I don't want to learn evolution, it's too hard. I wanna learn creationism instead."

At that age, kids aren't old enough to make such important decisions as to what they will learn and what they won't.

Creationism IS NOT SCIENCE, IT IS RELION AND YOU *KNOW* IT IS RELIGION.

No religion in public high school science classes. Period.
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text> But my view is that as long as one side holds influence in the halls of education, the other side is oppressed.
That is what happened in Europe, and that is why people were burned alive at the stake. Arr Arr will tell you they weren't tortured, they were merely "executed."
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>That argument applies equally to both sides. If one is to be honest about it.
If you want to talk honesty, why don't you admit that creationism is not science, but religion in disguise?

Do you also believe that astrology is just as valid as astronomy?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#702026 Mar 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
This is all pretty good fantasy, but the cross was put forth by Constantine after he assumed power and created the church state and Christianity as the national religion he held the cross banners for the New Roman Armies that adopted it some 300 years after the events you speak of. There were crosses before associated with the Christian faith but they looked different than the cross that is used today, here's the story.
"He does not know it yet, but that prayer will change the course of Christian history as well as of western civilization. Later he will tell his friend Bishop Eusebius the incredible story of that hour. When Eusebius reports it in his history, he admits it is hard to believe.
What happens that is so hard to believe? Constantine suddenly sees a bright cross of light emblazoned against the noonday sky and upon it the inscription:“In hoc signo vinces”—“In this Sign Conquer.”
It brings Constantine the assurance he needs. He accepts this as the answer to his prayer and orders his soldiers to inscribe crosses on their shields. Encouraged by his vision in the heavens, he hurls his troops against his rival Maxentius at Rome’s Milvian Bridge. Surprisingly, Constantine is victorious. Maxentius is among those who drown in the Tiber.
Afterward Constantine does not forget to whom he owes his victory. For close to two hundred and fifty years, since AD 64 when Nero initiated violence against it, the Christian church has been a persecuted minority in Roman lands. Only a few years earlier, between 303 and 311, it suffered through Diocletian’s savage “Great Persecution.” Now Constantine issues orders that the Christian church is to be tolerated just as other religions are. Although he does not make Christianity the official religion of the empire, Constantine bestows favor on it, builds places of worship for Christians, and presides over the first general church council. He becomes the first emperor to embrace Christianity and will be baptized on his death bed—waiting so late for fear his duties as emperor might cause him to sin after he receives the solemn rite, blotting out its efficacy."
https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/inc...
Here is a famous painting by Raphael of Constantine's vision.
http://roxanaarama.com/wp-content/uploads/201...
More proof
http://roxanaarama.com/2013/04/11/constantine...
The Persians used it before Constantine and who knows how long the Mayans did.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#702027 Mar 13, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
ditto christ
Not only has your christ never been proven, your own buybull *dis*proves it.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#702028 Mar 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Edison wasn't a professional?
Benjamin Franklin wasn't a professional?
Albert Einstein wasn't a professional?
Bill Gates isn't a professional?
Walt Disney, George Burns, Charles Dickens? They weren't professionals?
Finishing high school on time is not a prerequisite for having a good career.
Dork.
Sooooooo you would encourage kids to drop out of high school?

Not wise, Arr Arr, not wise at all.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#702029 Mar 13, 2014
the talk wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite it being the right answer, you rejected it.
How many cans of paint have you huffed today?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min Jim-ca 53,373
Got my ex pregnant before break up. What do I do? 33 min onemale1 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min Phooey 693,592
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 1 hr Peter Ross 56
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,483
Can Chinese girls date foreign men? 1 hr Puttin Bro 2
Who are the most racist people towards inter-ra... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 15
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) Mon dirtyguy34 35
More from around the web