Prove there's a god.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#701941 Mar 13, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to prove it....its already been done.
ditto christ
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#701942 Mar 13, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as this may shock or offend, the short answer is yes. It goes much deeper than just the issue of how He died. The crucifixion wasn't the worst part of Jesus' suffering. It was the separation from God during those final moments that was the real suffering. If you want a detailed explanation I'll be glad to go into detail.
why do you love jesus?
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#701943 Mar 13, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
As much as this may shock or offend, the short answer is yes. It goes much deeper than just the issue of how He died. The crucifixion wasn't the worst part of Jesus' suffering. It was the separation from God during those final moments that was the real suffering. If you want a detailed explanation I'll be glad to go into detail.
Please don't. You'll only further humiliate yourself. A person lacking the capacity to differentiate fantasy from reality is insane. Organized religion is a hoax founded to control the gullible and Christianity is a derivative cult with very little originality. It's time for you to acknowledge that you're mentally ill and seek professional help, kid.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#701944 Mar 13, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Can God create something so heavy that he cannot lift it?
That's like asking what the color blue tastes like. It's faulty understanding of the concept of omnipotence. God cannot do that which is impossible to do. Like making 2 + 2 = 5. Adding more power to a being doesn't make the impossible become possible. Omnipotence isn't a state of having no limitations. It's a state of being able to do what is possible.

By the way:

What's the difference between a psychotic person and a neurotic person?

A psychotic person is convinced that 2+2=5. A neurotic person knows 2+2=4 but it really bothers him.:)
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#701945 Mar 13, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How can Jews share the word of God when they don't proselytize and moreover believe that God's favor is a matter of racism?
And how do you explain how Jesus failed to meet the prophesied requirements of the messiah? According to God-inspired Hebrew holy scripture, the messiah would *within his lifetime*:
- Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
- Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
- Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
- Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world &#8213; on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
Jesus failed at all those things. And also, the messiah was/will be fully human, not a god/demi-god.
For more info, here is my reference, written by Jews themselves: http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html
look em up. get back to me with the best answers you find and I'll be glad to help

why did you rape that little boy in broad daylight at the garage at 1pm when you said you were going home at 9:30? answer me now

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#701946 Mar 13, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
Teach religion at home or in church, teach science in schools.
In high school science class, I was taught about the nine planets in our solar system.

We were all taught about fictitious global warming from science.

Our parents and grandparents were taught the Expanding Earth theory in science class.

Einstein taught his Static Universe theory.

Spontaneous Generation was taught by science for nearly 2,000 years.

Miasmatic theory of disease was found true by science, until it was found false.

For nearly 2,000 years, bloodletting was taught by science as an actual medical healing practice.

For over 200 years, European scientists in geography taught us that California was an island, separate from the mainland.

I know, I know..... Science can contradict itself and correct itself. And that's OK. That's how scientific research goes.

So which science do you want taught in class?

Science theory or science fact?

Because history shows us that science is wrong far more often than it is right.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#701947 Mar 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that's right.
You think only those that have graduated college have professions.
Moron.
High school dropouts don't.

Loser.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#701948 Mar 13, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You know a lot of the stuff you write here doesn't make much sense...like the above post for instance.
can i help you?
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#701949 Mar 13, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't. You'll only further humiliate yourself. A person lacking the capacity to differentiate fantasy from reality is insane. Organized religion is a hoax founded to control the gullible and Christianity is a derivative cult with very little originality. It's time for you to acknowledge that you're mentally ill and seek professional help, kid.
Appeal to emotion and ad hominem fallacies. I feel no humiliation. Your attempts to shame those who disagree with you falls on deaf ears here. If you have a logical point, then please make it. Getting angry and engaging in such childish rants accomplishes nothing other than self satisfaction. If that's your goal, you'll have to engage in it with somebody else.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#701950 Mar 13, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is always an emotional argument, never a rational one.
There are so many things that are out of our control, and we are so programmed to cling to life. Humans are also social creatures, and we grow up in a culture of acquisition. All of these things make us afraid of and mournful of death. But of course the dead do not suffer, any more than any of us suffered before we were born. We cannot comprehend not existing, even though all of us did not exist once and will not exist again in our futures at some point. The suffering of death is for those who don't die; it's for those who lose someone to death. Having someone you care about die is hard because you, the survivor, experience loss. Especially for one's own children. We have such hopes for them, and to have them die before us can be such a loss, such a sense of failure and robbed opportunity. But the reality is that, whether we live one year or 100, it's an incredibly short amount of time. Ask any elderly person how long they think their lives have been. It's why time seems to speed up as we get older; it's a matter of perspective.
So don't mourn for the dead, for they do not suffer. Mourn for your own loss and make peace with it. Be grateful that the one who died existed at all and that you knew them and loved them.
are you preaching that I shouldn't grieve? how do you know the dead don't suffer? you believe suffering isn't used by god to nudge people to look to him?
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#701951 Mar 13, 2014
Casper, last chance came and went. You didn't fool me.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#701953 Mar 13, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Appeal to emotion and ad hominem fallacies. I feel no humiliation. Your attempts to shame those who disagree with you falls on deaf ears here. If you have a logical point, then please make it. Getting angry and engaging in such childish rants accomplishes nothing other than self satisfaction. If that's your goal, you'll have to engage in it with somebody else.
Beautiful. You tell her Casper. Amalgamated, you listen to Dorothy, okay?
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#701954 Mar 13, 2014
the talk wrote:
<quoted text>
All it would take is showing school kids your vile and demented posts and they would realize the importance of bringing back Christianity into the school systems as soon as possible.
I show people every day what a horrible sack of shit you are and it really does leave an impact on their minds as to how destructive atheism is to the human psyche.
Your hateful bitter life reveals just how void and empty your heart and mind is of any peace.
I think she's cute

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#701956 Mar 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In high school science class, I was taught about the nine planets in our solar system.
We were all taught about fictitious global warming from science.
Our parents and grandparents were taught the Expanding Earth theory in science class.
Einstein taught his Static Universe theory.
Spontaneous Generation was taught by science for nearly 2,000 years.
Miasmatic theory of disease was found true by science, until it was found false.
For nearly 2,000 years, bloodletting was taught by science as an actual medical healing practice.
For over 200 years, European scientists in geography taught us that California was an island, separate from the mainland.
I know, I know..... Science can contradict itself and correct itself. And that's OK. That's how scientific research goes.
So which science do you want taught in class?
Science theory or science fact?
Because history shows us that science is wrong far more often than it is right.
No, history shows us that science is self correcting and always moves forward, amassing information and increasing our knowledge about the world around us as it does that.

Religion is static.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#701959 Mar 13, 2014
Nawton wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, are you by any chance related to the poster 'dr Shrink'?
you mean dr. sally shrink? we were engaged! how'd you know I knew her? Wonderful cook and babysitter.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#701960 Mar 13, 2014
the talk wrote:
<quoted text>
He is an atheist. Even a discussion with a monkey could help an atheist.
And I'd like to take this chance and say, on the behalf of all atheists, thanks for the help~/.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#701962 Mar 13, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered that one Kaitlin. Here's the link:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
It's what I believe to be true and if you stop to think about it, of all the possible explanations, I think it's the one with the best chance of making sense. I try to give questions careful thought and really reason through them. Even if you disagree with me,(which is fine by me) I think I did fairly well. My area of expertise is history after all.:)
I saw the answer; I just didn't think it was a satisfactory one. Ah, well; c'est la vie.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#701963 Mar 13, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
I will claim to speak for all atheists, agnostics, and non-believers and state that we don't care what you believe when it comes to your religion. If you want to run around in 'magic' underwear and throw baptismal water around while babbling incoherently about an invisible spirit in the sky....we just don't care. Seriously, we could care less.
Seriously, I *couldn't* care less.
thewordofme wrote:
However we DO care when we are told we also have to wear 'magic' underwear, recite the same mantras, adhere to the same dogma, ingest the same orthodoxy and indoctrinate our children in the above mentioned crap....or, we are somehow evil and shameful heathens.
Yeah, that really makes us care.....
We are seriously pissed that you keep trying to insert your insane god into our public schools and that you or your church teach YOUR children to bully and terrorize any who disagree.
So this is really a 'war' on proselytizing and trying to change schools and our American culture of inclusiveness. We are only requesting you stay out of public schools, quit trying to make America an exclusively 'Christian Nation', and stay out of our face with your weird beliefs.
Not a war on Christianity....just a hard request for you Christians to police your own peoples actions. You know, like follow the constitution and keep religion out of all things public.
To the rest of the post,*oo*-rah.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#701964 Mar 13, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
High school dropouts don't.
Loser.
Thomas Edison wasn't a professional?

Benjamin Franklin wasn't a professional?

Albert Einstein wasn't a professional?

Bill Gates isn't a professional?

Walt Disney, George Burns, Charles Dickens? They weren't professionals?

Finishing high school on time is not a prerequisite for having a good career.

Dork.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#701965 Mar 13, 2014
tricki wrote:
www.dailytarheel.com
Bart Ehrman is undoubtedly a gifted scholar, but in his recently published book, Did Jesus Exist?, he has poured scorn on the views of the independent scholar D.M. Murdock (a.k.a. Acharya S), accusing her of various failings...Michael Lockwood
a Murdock fan up in arms! they are all over.
in the history of the world, no boob like this complete doofus, murdie has received the kind of fanatical support she enjoys. ever. especially in light of her lack of achievement in any regard.
curiously, her devotees sound exactly like she does. it's really a miracle!even if you despise god, as she does!
one could almost swear it was the non-scholar herself, the shameless, self-promoting birdbrain, if you didn't know better. odd, isn't it, that her groupies do so much to promote her? seems she rarely has to utter a sound on her behalf.
what a scholar
Judging by the number of posts you've made to yourself re: Murdock, you really *are* terrified by what she wrote.

Good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 5 min Doctor REALITY 95
Good Nite, my Fellow Dorkinsteins! 12 min Doctor REALITY 1
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 14 min Doctor REALITY 2
Black/White mindsets, relations, and fears in A... 28 min Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Rosesz 699,379
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Lliar 71,504
After 2 years of being together, we broke up. 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 447,390
Are black people descendents of Cain from the l... (Feb '11) 4 hr Johnny 100