Prove there's a god.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#701003 Mar 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Christianity changes not only due to scientific advancement but also linguistic, societal, philosophical and moral advancements."
<quoted text>
Please quote saying, or even implying, that I have admitted the Bible being literally worthless.
If you can't, honesty would dictate that you recant this post of yours.
"Please quote ME or MYSELF saying, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah recant blah blah blah."

^^^Is grammatically correct^^^

Honesty dictates that you should not be attempting to tell your superiors about the understanding of the English Language.

Recant?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! !

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#701004 Mar 10, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:

What does that mean to you? What precisely is the difference? In your opinion, have men added their own ideas to your bible or not?
Yes, actually. I think some men have added things in to create their own bibles, such as Joseph Smith when he created the Mormon Bible, or Thomas Jefferson who did the same.

Does that take away from the Holy Bible? No, not at all.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#701005 Mar 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
one could rightly assume that any "fact" in science might very well be proven wrong at a later date. This is why is distrust science so much.
Who do you think you're fooling? You distrust science because you have been taught to by people that you trust more.{{{SNIP}}}
No, that's not true at all.

You'll have to take my word about me instead of your assumptions about me. You see, I know me better than you do.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#701006 Mar 10, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
BTW - Ben Adam just accused Riverside Redneck of being extremely violent in a previous post. do you have anything to say to him about that, or are you just a very evil and hypocrtical monster?
Now I have two of you to whom I owe zero respect.
Riverside Redneck has a history of violence that we know about through his own admission. Ask him about it yourself.
He's right, though. I have no history of being extremely violent, as your pal Ben lied about.

Now you're trying to fool yourself ( and others?) that I have a "history of violence".

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#701007 Mar 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Christianity changes not only due to scientific advancement but also linguistic, societal, philosophical and moral advancements."
<quoted text>
Please quote saying, or even implying, that I have admitted the Bible being literally worthless.
If you can't, honesty would dictate that you recant this post of yours.
Here.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There are many Christians out there that question or refute the subjects on your list, I'm one of them.

What part of the bible were you referring to, when you said you found it questionable or that you had refuted portions of it?

The worthless parts, obviously.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#701008 Mar 10, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
"Please quote ME or MYSELF saying, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah recant blah blah blah."
^^^Is grammatically correct^^^
Honesty dictates that you should not be attempting to tell your superiors about the understanding of the English Language.
Recant?
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! !
Superiors?

Like you? That doesn't understand the meaning of recant? To say that one no longer holds an opinion?

Here, let me google that for you....

http://lmgtfy.com/...

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#701009 Mar 10, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous.
You don't get simply decide to call mathemtics 'nature's language'!
I can assure you when I earned my mathematics degrees I was in the college of natural sciences, not the languages department.
Not natures, by far..... it is human understanding that created counting.
That way we can measure these things.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#701010 Mar 10, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous.
You don't get simply decide to call mathemtics 'nature's language'!
I can assure you when I earned my mathematics degrees I was in the college of natural sciences, not the languages department.
Don't worry about "screwge" (a.k.a. Scrooge, Myth Buster, Pomona Atheist, etc, etc.) He/she/it is just an angry lunatic who tries to degrade anyone who doesn't agree with him/her/it. Prisoner of hatred and victim of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I'd bet money on it.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#701011 Mar 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Superiors?

Like you? That doesn't understand the meaning of recant? To say that one no longer holds an opinion?

Here, let me google that for you....

http://lmgtfy.com/...
Your concession is noted.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#701012 Mar 10, 2014
the talk wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not Porter, Kaitlin.
I'm not Kaitlin, hell bitch.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#701013 Mar 10, 2014
the talk wrote:
<quoted text>
So you enjoy knowing that people will go to Hell? You enjoy the filthy practice of homosexuality where people enjoy sharing their shit with each other and spread diseases?
You are one sick human.
Very good, luggage lifter. How many shirts in your preacher's luggage?

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#701014 Mar 10, 2014
the talk wrote:
<quoted text>
Myths would never make a rational person angry and furious, they would never "get your goat". You seem highly irritated.
Dream on. LOLOL!

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#701015 Mar 10, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Internet. My wisdom is free of charge, I'm not religious :D
Cool!
:-)
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#701016 Mar 10, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
"Science is based on observations and experiments. There's absolutely no blind faith required in studying science, boy."
Yes, science is based on observations and experiments. Very good! No blind faith you say?

Okay. Let's try this out. Billions of years ago nobody saw the universe begin. And science has already proven that the universe is expanding, which means it DID have a beginning. There is NO credible evidence to suggest that the universe has always existed, or that there is a multiverse.

Hawking holds the position that the universe is past eternal despite evidence to the contrary. Hawking is a brilliant scientist and yet curiously holds a position based on blind faith when all cosmological indications are contrary to that. Hawking is wrong. Sagan is wrong. YOU especially are wrong. And I enjoy pointing that out using your own words and dogma against you. Thanks for playing.:)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#701017 Mar 10, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good, luggage lifter. How many shirts in your preacher's luggage?
What is a luggage lifter?
Nawton

Upper Darby, PA

#701018 Mar 10, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
dude said - "Almost all scientists (who don't work for religious sects) agree on evolution"
Jesus said "as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the end"
almost all people (except for Noah and his family) agreed that the idea of God was obsolete...and then came the rain....
...then came the rain.
How is it that 40 days of rain covered the highest peaks on earth?

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#701019 Mar 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know how it goes. I am sure the “christians” in the class will have something to say about it (without and proof of course) but the fact remains that without morality the social aspect of humanity (and other social groupings in animals) just don’t work.
It should be very interesting. Keep you posted.
Nawton

Upper Darby, PA

#701020 Mar 10, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, science is based on observations and experiments. Very good! No blind faith you say?
Okay. Let's try this out. Billions of years ago nobody saw the universe begin. And science has already proven that the universe is expanding, which means it DID have a beginning. There is NO credible evidence to suggest that the universe has always existed, or that there is a multiverse.
Hawking holds the position that the universe is past eternal despite evidence to the contrary. Hawking is a brilliant scientist and yet curiously holds a position based on blind faith when all cosmological indications are contrary to that. Hawking is wrong. Sagan is wrong. YOU especially are wrong. And I enjoy pointing that out using your own words and dogma against you. Thanks for playing.:)
What about Einstein's formula for light travel.
Is e=mc2.
Is that valid or bogus?

BTW, hawking holds the position of the big bang, a point where the physical universe began.
He does not believe in a past eternal physical universe.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#701021 Mar 10, 2014
Nawton wrote:
...then came the rain.
How is it that 40 days of rain covered the highest peaks on earth?
It wasn't just rain, it was "springs of the great deep" (underground water) and "floodgates of Heaven" (God Himself).

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#701022 Mar 10, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever metaphor fits one's culture is a valid myth.
That is the problem with Christianity and Islam, they try to force an invalid construct onto modern civilization. It is why they expanded into the "third world" where ignorance and desperation thrives.
That's about right. The religions do better in the 3rd world, not because people there are stupid, but because they don't have access to as much information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 54 min Seentheotherside 687,387
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Worth Repeating 31,361
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 2 hr Black Flag 4
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 2 hr Will lowe 10
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Seentheotherside 6,491
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Lol U suck big D 286,597
Does a cell Phone still ring if a battery has g... (Oct '07) 5 hr Unicorn2331 35
More from around the web