Prove there's a god.
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#700596 Mar 9, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Do you think that faith has made you a better person?
you are going to hell

“ChristianityIs AMental Disease”

Since: May 10

And The Cure Is Education

#700597 Mar 9, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
All liars go to hell
Have fun while you're there. Stock your cooler.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#700598 Mar 9, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...you're full of compassion....
<quoted text>
Holy shit, you haven't taken a single break since last night, have you?
I went and had dinner, I watched a couple of movies with my girlfriend, went to the bathroom, had sex, slept all night, made coffee this morning, had breakfast and more sex with my girlfriend, watched a couple of episodes of Carl Sagan's "Cosmos..."
And you're still here, trying to defend calling your sister a bitch because she's a wiccan and you're a hateful christian.
Dude, how fucked up is *that?*
LMAO@U!!!
HaHaHa, you are something else lady..
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#700599 Mar 9, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm happy to disappoint you insane sock muppet people to find out we're actually two different people, thank you. Btw we also happen to be completely different sexes you
moronic froot loop fundie.
Stop deluding yourself, Dort!
You're one of the most staggeringly ignorant self-righteous bigoted redneck bitches in the history of topix. You're ugly to the bone and rotten to core.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#700600 Mar 9, 2014
<quoted text>
I look forward to any afterlife that may await us. I'm sure that there is no hell. Such a thing is beneath the dignity of a god. It's beneath my dignity, and I suspect yours as well.
I'm sure there's a hell. Just not the hell that extremist fundies or Dante's Inferno celebrate. To me, hell is eternal existence without love, light, or joy. It's darkness and loneliness. Loss of love. An eternity of deep regret and longing.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#700601 Mar 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Did you write a ruthless post to her?[Graceless joke censored due to painful pun overloead]
LMAO!! Good one!!

Question: Do midgets have a shorter life expectancy than average humans?
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#700602 Mar 9, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any god ever existed.
Why on earth would I try to prove the existence of something that has never existed?
You're not making very much sense.
Well just humor me. Try. I'm sure you can do it. I'm not asking you to believe. I'm just asking if you are willing to try.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#700603 Mar 9, 2014
<quoted text>
OK. As you just read, my conception is a little different and probably a little simpler.
<quoted text>
To me, the things you believe based on evidence are different from those which you choose to believe without it.
I get what you're saying. For me, it's best described as trust in light of the evidence as I understand it.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#700604 Mar 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Do the words "morning" and "evening" fit into your semantic calculus anywhere? When we talk about the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur), a 24 hour day, and the "day of the dinosaurs" - tens of millions of years - only one has a morning and an evening.
That's certainly true. But how is it used in Genesis? From God's perspective or human perspective? If my belief about subliminal influence is correct (and let's suppose for a brief exchange of ideas that it is - humor me) then it's entirely possible that the author of Genesis was writing from God's perspective subconsciously and the entire narrative refers to time dilation. Impossible? I would say not impossible at all.

What say you?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#700605 Mar 9, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Well just humor me. Try. I'm sure you can do it. I'm not asking you to believe. I'm just asking if you are willing to try.
Am I willing to try and prove the existence of something for which there has never been any proof that it ever existed in the first place?

I can't think of a more meaningless task.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#700606 Mar 9, 2014
tricki wrote:
dort (tlw) wrote,
I didn't see any significant difference between the origins the stories of Yahweh and those of Zeus, Wodin, Allah or Quetzalcoatl. tlw
the lying witch, dort, deleted my post where i proved she's a liar and she lied about this issue. tell us about any differences you did find. liar you can't tricki
lying witch doesn't present evidence just i said
Do you think that if I would be a better person if I abandoned my humanist values to embrace the system that molded you? Could I hope to find a peace that passeth all understanding like you have? Could I expect to receive the fruits of the spirit such including love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control? Please tell me how. Mr. tricki. dort witch
Sorry. I didn't realize that you were tetched. Never mind.

Fennario

#700607 Mar 9, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
I'm sure there's a hell. Just not the hell that extremist fundies or Dante's Inferno celebrate. To me, hell is eternal existence without love, light, or joy. It's darkness and loneliness. Loss of love. An eternity of deep regret and longing.
I asked you earlier why you thought that living without a god would be harder later than now, but you must not have seen the post. I can attest to the fact that it's easy and quite fulfilling now, so why not then as well? Should I be expecting to be injected with deep regret and longing at death? If so, why would anybody want to do that to me? Who would benefit?

Fennario

#700608 Mar 9, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
LMAO!! Good one!! Question: Do midgets have a shorter life expectancy than average humans?
Funny. Do they suffer more in crowded elevators?
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#700609 Mar 9, 2014
When they are on the run like now, they are even funnier.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#700610 Mar 9, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I willing to try and prove the existence of something for which there has never been any proof that it ever existed in the first place?
I can't think of a more meaningless task.
I'm not saying you have to believe the evidence we use is true. I do believe it's more plausible than the counter-arguments. I'm just asking you if you would want to try it. Simple.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#700611 Mar 9, 2014
<quoted text>
I asked you earlier why you thought that living without a god would be harder later than now, but you must not have seen the post. I can attest to the fact that it's easy and quite fulfilling now, so why not then as well? Should I be expecting to be injected with deep regret and longing at death? If so, why would anybody want to do that to me? Who would benefit?
I wouldn't say "injected" as you put it. I'd say your conscience will become much more sensitive at death and you'll be highly sensitive. Much more so than what you feel now. I think it will be that way for everyone. I think that our conscience is the cognitive part of our soul. Without hope of something better than this life AFTER this life, I think you're short-changing yourself. That's all. If you're comfortable, that's your choice. We're not exactly likely to convert one another. But you asked, and so that's what I think and believe.

Fennario

#700612 Mar 9, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
That's certainly true. But how is it used in Genesis? From God's perspective or human perspective? If my belief about subliminal influence is correct (and let's suppose for a brief exchange of ideas that it is - humor me) then it's entirely possible that the author of Genesis was writing from God's perspective subconsciously and the entire narrative refers to time dilation. Impossible? I would say not impossible at all. What say you?
Not impossible, but not very godlike.

I always try to talk to my audience in language that I expect them to understand and from the perspective that I expect them to have, as I have here on this thread. I just left a post to tricki acknowledging that I only now recognized that he can't handle an ordinary conversation, and I will no longer write to him like he can. I would expect at least as much from a god.

The most parsimonious explanation for why the creation account refers to days with a morning and evening is not some tortured account invoking a god that suddenly forgot who it was writing to, but the words of ancient and simple people that thought that the world was created in seven literal days, and told (then wrote) about it without divine intervention.

I'd like to see an example of the god you believe is there occasionally exceeding my expectations rather than repeatedly needing to have his choices that don't meet them explained, and making choices that don't imitate its nonexistence - the same thing that we would expect naturalistically were there no god intervening. It is impossible for me to believe that such a god is there under such circumstances, a fact that itself needs explaining if the bible god that wants me to know it, love it and worship it really exists.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#700613 Mar 9, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's certainly true. But how is it used in Genesis? From God's perspective or human perspective? If my belief about subliminal influence is correct (and let's suppose for a brief exchange of ideas that it is - humor me) then it's entirely possible that the author of Genesis was writing from God's perspective subconsciously and the entire narrative refers to time dilation. Impossible? I would say not impossible at all.
What say you?
So now you're saying your deity "inspired" certain parts of your mythology to be written from it's perspective(time dilation), intermingled with the parts it "inspired" to be written for humans to understand(time), because "it" felt that conflating two viewpoints would be beneficial in some way?

I wanted to address this portion of your post, too
Ghost Writer wrote:
If my belief about subliminal influence is correct (and let's suppose for a brief exchange of ideas that it is - humor me) then it's entirely possible that the author of Genesis was writing from God's perspective subconsciously(...)
I know it's a worn out subject/point, but doesn't that negate the freewill - necessity/claim/component - of Christianity that Christians claim >must< be?
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#700614 Mar 9, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
I'm sure there's a hell.
I don't doubt that anyone in your presence for more than a minute feels like they're in hell on earth. Still, heaven and hell are juvenile myths created to control retarded and revolting piles of shit like you.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#700615 Mar 9, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
I get what you're saying. For me, it's best described as trust in light of the evidence as I understand it.
A religiously brainwashed mentally retarded godbot's willful ignorance of science isn't proof for the existence of their imaginary friend. You're an utterly despicable death-denying coward who desperately clings to Christian pseudoscience bullshit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min MUQ2 14,757
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 39 min Peace_Warrior 615,722
Play "end of the word" part 2 1 hr Aussie Kev 726
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Patrick Daniels 627,864
Drink2Connect - 9835 0388 Cass Koh Buy Yamazak... 2 hr Drink2Connect 1
Drink2Connect: 9835 0388. Buy Dom Perignon 2006... 2 hr Drink2Connect 1
Massage by a male therapist (Oct '13) 2 hr Drink2Connect 4
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Frank Merton 180,088
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 278,516
More from around the web