Prove there's a god.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#700391 Mar 8, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Kaitlin is far from stupid. While she says things to shock people, she's no dummy. This doesn't mean I approve of everything she posts. But if you show her respect, she'll show it back. It might take a while, but in the end it's better to disagree with a person you can respect and tolerate than a person you can't. I have zero respect for Scrooge as an intellectual or civilized personality because he gives no respect outside of his own small world.
The only issue I have with Kaitlin is that she insists on reading the Bible in it's most literal sense, and even then she treats me with respect when we disagree on this. Will she ever share my beliefs? I doubt it. But I respect her as a person and at least I can spar with her to sharpen my own skills. That's good enough for me.
<quoted text>
Stop playing victim, or you'll be one all your life.
Odd, how you ignore the shit you threw in my face first; I just threw it back, and you cried like a little girl with a skinned knee.
Instead of calling your sister a bitch because she's a Wiccan, try asking her about what she believes. Grow up.*Learn* something.
I dare you.
I have yet to cry over your childish rants; they are not interesting to me. Why don’t you go back through the threads, you will see that you commented to me first in a negative way. You’re the one who made the first post to me and it was filled with hate all because I said I was a Christian. You hate people who are Christian. I remember well, then you ranted on and on how I wanted you to burn in hell. I then explained I did not believe in that concept, you said I must be JW.

You actually believe you have an effect on me; that is funny. Dear, you are the one that takes this way to serious. Has there been a day that you haven’t posted? This forum is your life; you have nothing better to do but call people who disagree with you names and then act like you are on some moral higheway. I went back over 6 months and guess what? You have posted about every day for hours on end. I suggest you put down your computer and LIVE a little; get a job and stop having hard working people take care of you; please get off Welfare and gain a little self-respect. You must be a very sad person filled with so much hate that you live on topix

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#700392 Mar 8, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Shut me up; you're the one who thinks they have power. The only person I have "burnt" is you and it kills ya don't it?
Grow up, little girl.
tricki

Denver, PA

#700393 Mar 8, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. The differences are that three are very much alike which suggests that the authors used each others Gospel accounts to fill in missing information. The Gospel of Mark was likely written first and very likely within 25 years of Jesus' death by crucifixion. Some scholars have reason to believe Matthew wrote first. I'm not sure myself, but I think they can make a pretty good case in support of this argument. Then there's Luke. Now I'm aware that some scholars attribute them to another source such as "Q" or "M". The last Gospel is John's and was likely written by John in about 65-69 A.D.
Luke's Gospel starts with a prologue in which the author states that he has carefully investigated everything. It's the only gospel in the N.T. to make that claim. Mark's gospel is likely the eyewitness account of the apostle Peter. It's believed that Mark learned to read and write in Hebrew and later in life learned to write in Greek. His grammar in the gospel that bears his name is actually quite bad. The ending seems to be missing, and there are different competing theories as to why. Matthew's gospel seems to focus on Hebrew traditions, with a Hebrew audience in mind. Matthew is quite likely the only one of the twelve disciples to be considered as literate at the time of Jesus' ministry. This makes sense if he was truly a tax collector. It provides decent tentative support to the argument that he wrote his gospel first.
John wrote his gospel using a third person literary style. John is the only disciple to make the claim that he stayed with Jesus during the crucifixion.
What else would you like to know?
Each gospel was written with every person in the entire world in mind

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#700395 Mar 8, 2014
Susie, get yourself a case of mental floss and clean that plaque out from between your ears.

Apologize to your sister for calling her a bitch.

Grow up.

“I love Jesus”

#700396 Mar 8, 2014
She knows I am everything she wants to be, but she hasn't got the guts to give it a try.
And she calls her own sister a bitch. Just 'cause sis is a Wiccan.
<quoted text>
You don't want to be hot, smart and sexy? You avoid intelligence, compassion and razor-sharp wit?
Okay.
You got drool hanging on your chin.
I am sexy, smart and fun. I am full of compassion which you lack and you need a sharpening stone because that wit is dull; just like your intellegence. I wish you had sharp wit, then you would know a joke when it is posted but you rant on and on about something over and over because you have no sense of humour at all. Please apply to Mickey D's and get of welfare so you can build your self-esteem. Take a bath, you smell like a wet dog and you are scratching; you must have fleas.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#700397 Mar 8, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>I have yet to cry over your childish rants; they are not interesting to me. Why don’t you go back through the threads, you will see that you commented to me first in a negative way. You’re the one who made the first post to me and it was filled with hate all because I said I was a Christian. You hate people who are Christian. I remember well, then you ranted on and on how I wanted you to burn in hell. I then explained I did not believe in that concept, you said I must be JW.
You actually believe you have an effect on me; that is funny. Dear, you are the one that takes this way to serious. Has there been a day that you haven’t posted? This forum is your life; you have nothing better to do but call people who disagree with you names and then act like you are on some moral higheway. I went back over 6 months and guess what? You have posted about every day for hours on end. I suggest you put down your computer and LIVE a little; get a job and stop having hard working people take care of you; please get off Welfare and gain a little self-respect. You must be a very sad person filled with so much hate that you live on topix
That's a long-winded way of saying you don't want to learn anything.

I'm beginning to think that you actually *believe* the bullshit you're spewing. If that's true, then I suspect you've suffered a psychotic break.

Seek therapy.

“I love Jesus”

#700398 Mar 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Grow up, little girl.
You go first ;)

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#700399 Mar 8, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Present the evidence. I'm asking you to provide evidence that there was never a man or woman named Adam or Eve, or their were never two brothers named Cain and Abel. You seem pretty sure of yourself, so go for it. You claimed that Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel never existed.
This should be interesting.
You write:
"You claimed that Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel never existed.

I almost always add the little disclaimer...'as written in the Bible'. Didn't that time...thought I was going to debate someone with intelligence.

Yes there have been thousands, if not millions, of Adam's and Eve's throughout history....some, I'm sure, even married each other. I don't know about the brothers as I have never met anyone called Cain....A few Abel's though.

Paleoanthropologists and archaeologists have been saying for years that we have the bones that evidence mankind's long long ago commonality with chimps and Bonobos and Australopithecines and the later, but still very long ago Homo species such as Homo-erectus, Homo-habilis, Homo-Hiedelbergensis, etc., etc.

Then DNA science came along and backed-up what the bones have been saying. From DNA and the bones we know humans arrived in the record about 200,000+- years ago...in Africa.

We know that some very early pre-humans left Africa earlier than 120,000+- years ago and spread into Asia, Korea, Japan. Some humans left Africa about 50,000 years ago and some encountered Neanderthals and mated, some did not meet the Neanderthals, and all populated Europe and Asia, australia, eventually the South Pacific Islands....and eventually into North America some 15,000+- years ago.

We can follow the migrations with blood/gene/DNA testing and information. There is consensus among most scientists that evolution and the movement of pre-humans and Homo-sapiens and Neanderthals is correct and only details are being filled in now. There has also been found other Homo-species recently....Homo-floresiensis and Homo-denisova...they seem to have died out over 15,000 years ago

DNA evidence shows that the Human Homo-sapiens line has not been anywhere close to only one mating pair (or four if you count the Noah story)

Most of the dissenters are the evangelical fundamentalists in America.

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/past-exhibiti...

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/arti...

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#700400 Mar 8, 2014

“I love Jesus”

#700401 Mar 8, 2014
<quoted text>
You told me right here in front of all these people a few nights ago that you call your sister a bitch.
You can't change that.
You lying xtian.
You claimed I called my sister a bitch because she was wiccan, Now, you can't change that and it is a lie;

How does that phrase go.. Let lying dogs lie...LMAO.. Another play on words for ya Katie just incase you missed it AGAIN..

“I love Jesus”

#700403 Mar 8, 2014
<quoted text>
I'm beginning to think that you actually *believe* the bullshit you're spewing. If that's true, then I suspect you've suffered a psychotic break.
Seek therapy.
Actaully it iwas a long-winded way of saying you can't get to me and I think it bugs ya ;)

Hey, I have an idea, why don't ya get all mad again and tell me to shut up because that is so mature or better yet, curse me in Italian or another language because thats what adults do...

“I love Jesus”

#700404 Mar 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Grow up, little girl.
Do all grown ups call people derogatory names like you when they cannot prove a point? Do all grown ups get upset and lie like you? Or is this just a witch-dog thing?

“I love Jesus”

#700405 Mar 8, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"You claimed that Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel never existed.
I almost always add the little disclaimer...'as written in the Bible'. Didn't that time...thought I was going to debate someone with intelligence.
Yes there have been thousands, if not millions, of Adam's and Eve's throughout history....some, I'm sure, even married each other. I don't know about the brothers as I have never met anyone called Cain....A few Abel's though.
Paleoanthropologists and archaeologists have been saying for years that we have the bones that evidence mankind's long long ago commonality with chimps and Bonobos and Australopithecines and the later, but still very long ago Homo species such as Homo-erectus, Homo-habilis, Homo-Hiedelbergensis, etc., etc.
Then DNA science came along and backed-up what the bones have been saying. From DNA and the bones we know humans arrived in the record about 200,000+- years ago...in Africa.
We know that some very early pre-humans left Africa earlier than 120,000+- years ago and spread into Asia, Korea, Japan. Some humans left Africa about 50,000 years ago and some encountered Neanderthals and mated, some did not meet the Neanderthals, and all populated Europe and Asia, australia, eventually the South Pacific Islands....and eventually into North America some 15,000+- years ago.
We can follow the migrations with blood/gene/DNA testing and information. There is consensus among most scientists that evolution and the movement of pre-humans and Homo-sapiens and Neanderthals is correct and only details are being filled in now. There has also been found other Homo-species recently....Homo-floresiensis and Homo-denisova...they seem to have died out over 15,000 years ago
DNA evidence shows that the Human Homo-sapiens line has not been anywhere close to only one mating pair (or four if you count the Noah story)
Most of the dissenters are the evangelical fundamentalists in America.
https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/
http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/past-exhibiti...
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/arti...
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/
Have you ever been to a museum? If so, have you ever seen a display of art that seem to resemble each other especially if you place them in chronological order? However, by the end of the display, the resemblance may not be as easy to find.
Naturally, as a Christian I look at this world as Gods canvas and many of the pieces of art have distinct similarities or in scientific terms, DNA codes. I know this is not an explanation that is acceptable to you, but it is an observation made by me. Just a thought.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#700406 Mar 8, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
If the evidence is strong enough, yes. Here's an FYI for your consideration. The Hebrew word "Yom" can mean both a 24 hour day such as we know it, and it can also mean "very long period of time." It's found in the Hebrew language version of the book of Genesis. And lest you protest, we don't know what measurement of a day we're supposed to go by. God's or ours? Come to think of it, it really doesn't matter. What does matter is why we were created.
The physical evidence is overwhelming.

I've known about the Yom controversy for some time.

It really doesn't matter about the time controversy, just as it doesn't matter about the 'Virgin' or 'Young woman" controversy.

The Old Testament is mostly proven wrong

“I love Jesus”

#700407 Mar 8, 2014
Susie, get yourself a case of mental floss and clean that plaque out from between your ears.
Apologize to your sister for calling her a bitch.
Grow up.
Nah, my sister can be a bitch at times; especially that time of the month when there isn't any chocolate just like almost every female; just like you. I still love her dearly and she says the same about me. She just happens to be wiccan; a true wiccan unlike you.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#700408 Mar 8, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3aF9AJm0RFcXX
Johnny Cash
Hurt
Too depressing
Hendrix wild thang
http://youtu.be/w2mWFQDRfwQ

“I love Jesus”

#700409 Mar 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Seek therapy.
Wiccans believe in the ethical guideline called the "Threefold Law," right? This law states that whatever a person wishes upon someone else returns to them three times over. Becareful, you wished some pretty evil stuff on me :/

“I love Jesus”

#700410 Mar 8, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The physical evidence is overwhelming.
I've known about the Yom controversy for some time.
It really doesn't matter about the time controversy, just as it doesn't matter about the 'Virgin' or 'Young woman" controversy.
The Old Testament is mostly proven wrong
Not really, depends on who you ask and the Bible is not meant to be taken literally at all times.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#700411 Mar 8, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Not likely.
You seem surprised. Were you aware that I consider "God" a mythical character?
Please do not equate the real God with Zeus. Zeus is a real myth created by Greeks. The God that i am referring is the Creator of all. the real God is God, not created by anyone. i don't know how he existed, but nobody created him.

here is proof that God exists and can perform a Divine Providence:

God's Miracles is not just found in the Bible which happened long time ago. Miracles do happen until now, since God is existing forever.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#700412 Mar 8, 2014
God's Miracles are not just found

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min karl44 63,727
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 31 min WasteWater 2,576
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min Steve III 653,904
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 1 hr teqy2000 79
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,854
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 183,170
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr lightbeamrider 106,495
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr LAWEST100 618,736
More from around the web