Prove there's a god.

“Hi I'm Ruthie :) ”

Since: Mar 14

New York New York

#700468 Mar 9, 2014
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
Great discussion this is so easy... just look around you.. you have a world that you can breathe the air, the sun doesn't burn you.. you have the right food to eat.. etc.. Yep, someone created all this.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#700469 Mar 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
But the Topix Atheist! cannot listen to reason.
Once again, you'll never meet a more severe case of mental retardation via Christian indoctrination than yourself. Your completely brainwashed mind is incapable of grasping any irrefutable fact in contradiction to your programming. You're a national embarrassment, disgrace to the human race and complete waste of a sperm cell. Your ignorant and bigoted posts aren't welcome. F*ck off, azzhole!
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#700470 Mar 9, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
What else would you like to know?
When are you going to cease humiliating yourself in an international forum and seek professional help for your mental illness, punk?

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#700471 Mar 9, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
jokes need a component of truth to operate.
the component of truth when you call your sister a bitch is the truth that you actually do disrespect her philosophy.
In this respect it is your sister who is tolerant while she lets you have your childishness without making a family issue of it.
I admire her, for not kicking your intolerant christian ass
The component of truth is sometimes she just acts like a bitch and at times so do I; nothing at all to do with religion. I am sure you called a person a bitch before.

Oh I see, this is reflection on your part. So now that we established many humans have called another one a bitch before, are you suggesting you did this out of hate rather than aggravation or did you do this just because they were Christian?

I know you feel there is a corelation between calling someone a bitch in a joking situation to relgion, bu I am sorry to disappoint, itÂ’s done in fun. I never knew the term bitch intertwined so deeply with religion until now; thanks for pointing it out to me. I will be sure to let sis know, though I think she will disagree with your canon.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#700472 Mar 9, 2014
Susie D wrote:
I am sexy, smart and fun.
Stop deluding yourself, Susie Delusional!

You're one of the most staggeringly ignorant self-righteous bigoted redneck bitches in the history of topix. You're ugly to the bone and rotten to core.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#700473 Mar 9, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> You do not believe in Eternal Hell but you do in Eternal Heaven? So you don't think, Jesus was telling the truth when he compared the Garbage Dump to this Hell, or when it was said that a Great Gulf separated the Beggar ,in Abrahams Bossom ,from the Rich Man in Hell begging for a drop of Water?
Well Susie? I would like to hear what you got to say?
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#700474 Mar 9, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yom is singular. It means one day.... 24 hours. "...there was evening and there was morning, one day..."
Who told you 'yom' means "a very long period of time?" They are wrong.
It depends on the context of the word usage. And my source is a local rabbi, well educated in Hebrew language and culture. Now I'm aware that this is a hotly debated subject because the skeptic views this as a dishonest linguistic escape clause for the believer. However, it can mean both. It's up to the reader to honestly discern if this a valid position to hold. I am not saying it does. My own position is that it's possible if all the variables are taken into consideration.

Are we discussing:

1) 24 hours according to human reckoning or 24 hours according to God's reckoning?

2) Is there a difference between the two and if there is, how can we be confident of this?

3) Are we discussing the concept of time dilation, and if yes, how it may factor into our own limited understanding within a biblical context?
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#700475 Mar 9, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
Please do not equate the real God with Zeus.
There are thousands of documented deities and all of them are mythical including yours. Please grow up, kid!

Location hidden

#700476 Mar 9, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop deluding yourself, Susie Delusional!
You're one of the most staggeringly ignorant self-righteous bigoted redneck bitches in the history of topix. You're ugly to the bone and rotten to core.
HaHa! [email protected] Scrooge, tell us how you really feel..
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#700477 Mar 9, 2014
karl44 wrote:
christian philosophy offends me the most

substitutional atonement is the filthiest philosophy ever invented.

the bible (the claimed source of dogma) is rife with contradictions, bad history, worse science, and immoral characters.

but perfect for egotistical cherry pickers like you and ar ar buckish
Death-denying cowardly Christian cultists like Ghost Writer are narcissistic sociopathic punks without any socially redeemable qualities.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#700478 Mar 9, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Like I have stated before, if you bring out the claws, I bring mine out. Now, I noticed you made a comment to me but turned a blinds eye to the comments made to me. Is that because I am Christian? If so, you really wouldn't understand the concept of mercy or compassion then and you would be bias. I am waiting to see the replies to other posters who are not Christian to see how you deal with them?? I think I may be waiting a while.
Oh no! A Christian claiming persecution! How utterly unique!

Let me clue you in..... we don't laugh at you because you are a Christian. We laugh at you because you are less than logical, although I'm sure that's a handy defect to have if one chooses to be a Christian.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#700479 Mar 9, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> You do not believe in Eternal Hell but you do in Eternal Heaven? So you don't think, Jesus was telling the truth when he compared the Garbage Dump to this Hell, or when it was said that a Great Gulf separated the Beggar ,in Abrahams Bossom ,from the Rich Man in Hell begging for a drop of Water?
Jews don't believe in hell. Jesus was a Jew. OBVIOUSLY the story is a myth.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#700480 Mar 9, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
My "bridge of faith" model may seem overly simplistic, but I believe it to be a fair and honest description of how faith and reason can coexist within a philosophical framework.
Religious faith requires an absence of reason. You fool no one with your absolutely pathetic rationalizations for your self-degrading cultist lifestyle, you f*cking coward!!!!!
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#700481 Mar 9, 2014
RuthPople wrote:
Great discussion this is so easy... just look around you.. you have a world that you can breathe the air, the sun doesn't burn you.. you have the right food to eat.. etc.. Yep, someone created all this.
No, the universe wasn't created by design, you f*cking moron!
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#700482 Mar 9, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Well Susie? I would like to hear what you got to say?
Why? Your life's ambition is to be mentally retarded by choice. Cosmos returns tonight and you should seek knowledge from your intellectual superiors.

“I love Jesus”

#700483 Mar 9, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
No, I do not believe in eternal hell. However, if I did, that is still not the reason I have chosen Jesus. The word hell came from the Hebrew word Shoals which translates to grave or a state without God. I cannot find traces of the word hell in the Torah relating to the fire and brimstone you want me to buy. I have done my own research of word meanings and translations. I think meanings got lost in translation and over the years. Much like today, 50 years ago coke was a drink, a screw was something you used in construction and a hoe was a tool for farming... Yep, Tim McGraw songs that actually applies.

I think you have to dig deep. We do not talk the way they did 600 or so years ago especially not another 1000 or so years and so forth. Word meanings have changed. I have a hard time placing God in the box you want me to put him in. I do not place boundaries on Jesus nor his mercy, devotion and love. I know this is what you want, but I will not conform to your idea of what a Christian should be. We are given a measure of faith and discernment, what we do with that is up to us. "You" as a whole, claim you want us to dig deep and find answers, but when we do, you condemn us.
There are many issues I feel differently about vs other Christians.

“I love Jesus”

#700484 Mar 9, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to both agree and disagree with you. I know you're saying "Huh?" right now so I'll explain. LOL
If by faith, you mean "blind faith" (the kind most closely and consistently albeit mistakenly associated with religion) then yes I would say that faith and reason would be incompatible. There are different words or meanings for faith. When I use the word faith, I use it in the context of 'trust.' This is how I view my own faith. Now, I hold the philosophical position that if faith is held synonymous with trust, then faith is reasonable because it is held in light of the evidence to the extent in which we understand it.
Before you can object, let me state emphatically that faith is still faith regardless of whether or not it's supported by evidence. If it was based on certainties, it would cease to be faith. But spiritual faith needn't be blind to be valid. Can faith be dishonest? Yes it can. You might ask how faith or 'trust' can be held dishonestly.
I would answer that if faith is blindly held, and then one goes looking for supporting evidence AFTER declaring faith, when no evidence was evaluated BEFORE said declaration of faith then I would say that's dishonestly held faith. It's like building a long bridge and not adding supporting columns until one sees the bridge buckling under opposing stress. The best way for faith to be built is like a bridge. First clear the site of debris and obstacles. In this case I am making an analogy to compare debris and obstacles with skeptical misconceptions and overly sensitive bias. Then the bridge of faith should proceed only when supporting evidence is found that is more plausible than its opposing objection.
If conducted in this manner, faith isn't an enemy of reason, but rather the two bond together like epoxy hardener and resin into something more durable and valuable over a longer period of time.
My "bridge of faith" model may seem overly simplistic, but I believe it to be a fair and honest description of how faith and reason can coexist within a philosophical framework.
Very well stated. If we all could be as patient and kind as you seem to be. You are certainly a blessed person. Nice read

“I love Jesus”

#700485 Mar 9, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no! A Christian claiming persecution! How utterly unique!
Let me clue you in..... we don't laugh at you because you are a Christian. We laugh at you because you are less than logical, although I'm sure that's a handy defect to have if one chooses to be a Christian.
Persecution?? What? That is called defense old man. I would never persecute anyone; it's not my place.

Location hidden

#700486 Mar 9, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews don't believe in hell. Jesus was a Jew. OBVIOUSLY the story is a myth.
Obviously you don't know shyt! Which I figured out with your reply to the last question I ask you..

Location hidden

#700487 Mar 9, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> No, I do not believe in eternal hell. However, if I did, that is still not the reason I have chosen Jesus. The word hell came from the Hebrew word Shoals which translates to grave or a state without God. I cannot find traces of the word hell in the Torah relating to the fire and brimstone you want me to buy. I have done my own research of word meanings and translations. I think meanings got lost in translation and over the years. Much like today, 50 years ago coke was a drink, a screw was something you used in construction and a hoe was a tool for farming... Yep, Tim McGraw songs that actually applies.
I think you have to dig deep. We do not talk the way they did 600 or so years ago especially not another 1000 or so years and so forth. Word meanings have changed. I have a hard time placing God in the box you want me to put him in. I do not place boundaries on Jesus nor his mercy, devotion and love. I know this is what you want, but I will not conform to your idea of what a Christian should be. We are given a measure of faith and discernment, what we do with that is up to us. "You" as a whole, claim you want us to dig deep and find answers, but when we do, you condemn us.
There are many issues I feel differently about vs other Christians.
I know where the word comes from but you're basically calling Jesus a Liar. I don't care what box you put God in, I don't condemn you as you're doing a pretty good Job of that yourself! Jesus was pretty clear on the meaning of Hell.. You can't have Heaven w/out Hell Susie..To call yourself a Christian and deny what Jesus said is a slap in the face to Him! So No, You haven't chose Jesus as much as you'd like to think you have. Oh and Susie, Not all women are Bitches but Most Women have some Bitch in Them..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Just Think 685,908
Extra Fertility meds for sale: Gonal f and menopur (Sep '12) 5 min Karen 13
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 27,020
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 37 min Jake999 6,454
Mark Cubans Powerball winner to say "NO!!" 55 min Doctor REALITY 2
solar eclipse a sign of the growing foolishness... 1 hr Corvus 2
Anyone know nicole horne that works at family d... 3 hr My Comment 5
More from around the web