Prove there's a god.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#700380 Mar 8, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
I can tell you're a man of experience in *that* field. How big is that rubber doughnut you're sitting on?
<quoted text>
That's not what your Uncle Buck told me. He says you squeal like a little piggie.
<quoted text>
Shaddaap, y'moron. Don't you have someone to go burn at the stake? Your sister, maybe?
Shut me up; you're the one who thinks they have power. The only person I have "burnt" is you and it kills ya don't it?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#700381 Mar 8, 2014
tricki wrote:
no fear of the christian god
You're scared shitless of it.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#700382 Mar 8, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
If such a person engages in what is known as "proof-texting" then this is true. Proof-texting is using texts out of their original cultural and linguistic context in support of an argument or justification. This is why I say that people should research history, languages, literary styles, philosophy, and cultural analysis when reading the Bible. This is the mistake that skeptics here make on a regular basis. And to be fair, so do some religious folks. The recent debate about the birth order and geneology of Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel is a prime example of this. The narrative in Genesis states that Eve gave birth to Cain and then Abel. It mentions nothing of any female births. And as I have pointed out repeatedly, there's no requirement or purpose that it should. What the skeptics have done is assumed that ONLY Cain and Abel were born and therefore skeptics conclude that any report of Cain having a wife is false. This is a simple misunderstanding of the writing style, and literary focus of the author at the time of the writing. A writer in a patriarchal culture, writing about a homicide, wouldn't be interested in the birth order or geneology of an insignificant female. The fact that she's mentioned at all is surprising. But that's not my point.
My point is, that the skeptics are making a mountain out of a mole hill by firmly entrenching themselves in the false idea that it should've been mentioned. They then use the narrative to try and show that only Cain and Abel were born just because they were the only ones listed.
They fail to recognize that the author didn't think it was important enough to mention. After all, the point of the story isn't about who all Adam and Eve's kids were, but about the first homicide among their descendents. The example I have given demonstrates how proof-texting can usually lead the reader to an erroneous conclusion.
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Cain and Abel never existed....nor did the parents....why the argument?
I don't know; but if you want *me* to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#700383 Mar 8, 2014
<quoted text>
And that is why you call your sister a bitch.
<quoted text>
Because you act like one.
Why do you call your own sister a bitch? Oh, wait, I forgot; because she's a Wiccan, and you're a "morally superior" xtian.
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea how I act?
Wrong punctuation, scooter.

I go strictly by your posts, which reveal more about you than you intend.
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like a broken record.
You sound like a moron.
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>You lie just to lie and I do not think I am morally supierior to anyone but you.
You are the one who told me that you call your own sister a bitch because she's a Wiccan; I didn't make that up.
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you hate your family so much?
What makes you think I hate my family? Unlike you, I've never called anyone in my family a bitch.

Man, you're stupid.

“I love Jesus”

#700384 Mar 8, 2014
<quoted text>
And that is why you call your sister a bitch.
<quoted text>
Because you act like one.
Why do you call your own sister a bitch? Oh, wait, I forgot; because she's a Wiccan, and you're a "morally superior" xtian.
<quoted text>
I go strictly by your posts, which reveal more about you than you intend.
<quoted text>
You sound like a moron.
<quoted text>
You are the one who told me that you call your own sister a bitch because she's a Wiccan; I didn't make that up.
<quoted text>
What makes you think I hate my family? Unlike you, I've never called anyone in my family a bitch.
Man, you're stupid.
I never once said I call my sister a bitch because she is a wiccan. you lied again.. Why do you hate your family so much?

“I love Jesus”

#700385 Mar 8, 2014

Id.
No.. You just have to understand the context in which people use the phrase..

“I love Jesus”

#700387 Mar 8, 2014
<quoted text>

Yes you did make that up. No matter how many times you post it, it is still a lie.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#700388 Mar 8, 2014
She knows I am everything she wants to be, but she hasn't got the guts to give it a try.
And she calls her own sister a bitch. Just 'cause sis is a Wiccan.
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> You are nothing like what I want to be. You are everything I avoid.
You don't want to be hot, smart and sexy? You avoid intelligence, compassion and razor-sharp wit?

Okay.

You got drool hanging on your chin.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#700389 Mar 8, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Do you lie for fun or is it a habit?
You told me right here in front of all these people a few nights ago that you call your sister a bitch.

You can't change that.

You lying xtian.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#700390 Mar 8, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> I don't, that is your lie. Why do you hate people just because they are Christian?
*YOU* told *ME* that you called your sister a bitch.

Do you believe that's a term of endearment?

I know what your answer will be.

“I love Jesus”

#700391 Mar 8, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Kaitlin is far from stupid. While she says things to shock people, she's no dummy. This doesn't mean I approve of everything she posts. But if you show her respect, she'll show it back. It might take a while, but in the end it's better to disagree with a person you can respect and tolerate than a person you can't. I have zero respect for Scrooge as an intellectual or civilized personality because he gives no respect outside of his own small world.
The only issue I have with Kaitlin is that she insists on reading the Bible in it's most literal sense, and even then she treats me with respect when we disagree on this. Will she ever share my beliefs? I doubt it. But I respect her as a person and at least I can spar with her to sharpen my own skills. That's good enough for me.
<quoted text>
Stop playing victim, or you'll be one all your life.
Odd, how you ignore the shit you threw in my face first; I just threw it back, and you cried like a little girl with a skinned knee.
Instead of calling your sister a bitch because she's a Wiccan, try asking her about what she believes. Grow up.*Learn* something.
I dare you.
I have yet to cry over your childish rants; they are not interesting to me. Why don’t you go back through the threads, you will see that you commented to me first in a negative way. You’re the one who made the first post to me and it was filled with hate all because I said I was a Christian. You hate people who are Christian. I remember well, then you ranted on and on how I wanted you to burn in hell. I then explained I did not believe in that concept, you said I must be JW.

You actually believe you have an effect on me; that is funny. Dear, you are the one that takes this way to serious. Has there been a day that you haven’t posted? This forum is your life; you have nothing better to do but call people who disagree with you names and then act like you are on some moral higheway. I went back over 6 months and guess what? You have posted about every day for hours on end. I suggest you put down your computer and LIVE a little; get a job and stop having hard working people take care of you; please get off Welfare and gain a little self-respect. You must be a very sad person filled with so much hate that you live on topix

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#700392 Mar 8, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Shut me up; you're the one who thinks they have power. The only person I have "burnt" is you and it kills ya don't it?
Grow up, little girl.
tricki

Denver, PA

#700393 Mar 8, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. The differences are that three are very much alike which suggests that the authors used each others Gospel accounts to fill in missing information. The Gospel of Mark was likely written first and very likely within 25 years of Jesus' death by crucifixion. Some scholars have reason to believe Matthew wrote first. I'm not sure myself, but I think they can make a pretty good case in support of this argument. Then there's Luke. Now I'm aware that some scholars attribute them to another source such as "Q" or "M". The last Gospel is John's and was likely written by John in about 65-69 A.D.
Luke's Gospel starts with a prologue in which the author states that he has carefully investigated everything. It's the only gospel in the N.T. to make that claim. Mark's gospel is likely the eyewitness account of the apostle Peter. It's believed that Mark learned to read and write in Hebrew and later in life learned to write in Greek. His grammar in the gospel that bears his name is actually quite bad. The ending seems to be missing, and there are different competing theories as to why. Matthew's gospel seems to focus on Hebrew traditions, with a Hebrew audience in mind. Matthew is quite likely the only one of the twelve disciples to be considered as literate at the time of Jesus' ministry. This makes sense if he was truly a tax collector. It provides decent tentative support to the argument that he wrote his gospel first.
John wrote his gospel using a third person literary style. John is the only disciple to make the claim that he stayed with Jesus during the crucifixion.
What else would you like to know?
Each gospel was written with every person in the entire world in mind

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#700395 Mar 8, 2014
Susie, get yourself a case of mental floss and clean that plaque out from between your ears.

Apologize to your sister for calling her a bitch.

Grow up.

“I love Jesus”

#700396 Mar 8, 2014
She knows I am everything she wants to be, but she hasn't got the guts to give it a try.
And she calls her own sister a bitch. Just 'cause sis is a Wiccan.
<quoted text>
You don't want to be hot, smart and sexy? You avoid intelligence, compassion and razor-sharp wit?
Okay.
You got drool hanging on your chin.
I am sexy, smart and fun. I am full of compassion which you lack and you need a sharpening stone because that wit is dull; just like your intellegence. I wish you had sharp wit, then you would know a joke when it is posted but you rant on and on about something over and over because you have no sense of humour at all. Please apply to Mickey D's and get of welfare so you can build your self-esteem. Take a bath, you smell like a wet dog and you are scratching; you must have fleas.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#700397 Mar 8, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>I have yet to cry over your childish rants; they are not interesting to me. Why don’t you go back through the threads, you will see that you commented to me first in a negative way. You’re the one who made the first post to me and it was filled with hate all because I said I was a Christian. You hate people who are Christian. I remember well, then you ranted on and on how I wanted you to burn in hell. I then explained I did not believe in that concept, you said I must be JW.
You actually believe you have an effect on me; that is funny. Dear, you are the one that takes this way to serious. Has there been a day that you haven’t posted? This forum is your life; you have nothing better to do but call people who disagree with you names and then act like you are on some moral higheway. I went back over 6 months and guess what? You have posted about every day for hours on end. I suggest you put down your computer and LIVE a little; get a job and stop having hard working people take care of you; please get off Welfare and gain a little self-respect. You must be a very sad person filled with so much hate that you live on topix
That's a long-winded way of saying you don't want to learn anything.

I'm beginning to think that you actually *believe* the bullshit you're spewing. If that's true, then I suspect you've suffered a psychotic break.

Seek therapy.

“I love Jesus”

#700398 Mar 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Grow up, little girl.
You go first ;)

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#700399 Mar 8, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Present the evidence. I'm asking you to provide evidence that there was never a man or woman named Adam or Eve, or their were never two brothers named Cain and Abel. You seem pretty sure of yourself, so go for it. You claimed that Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel never existed.
This should be interesting.
You write:
"You claimed that Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel never existed.

This should be interesting.

I almost always add the little disclaimer...'as written in the Bible'. Didn't that time...thought I was going to debate someone with intelligence.

Yes there have been thousands, if not millions, of Adam's and Eve's throughout history....some, I'm sure, even married each other. I don't know about the brothers as I have never met anyone called Cain....A few Abel's though.

Paleoanthropologists and archaeologists have been saying for years that we have the bones that evidence mankind's long long ago commonality with chimps and Bonobos and Australopithecines and the later, but still very long ago Homo species such as Homo-erectus, Homo-habilis, Homo-Hiedelbergensis, etc., etc.

Then DNA science came along and backed-up what the bones have been saying. From DNA and the bones we know humans arrived in the record about 200,000+- years ago...in Africa.

We know that some very early pre-humans left Africa earlier than 120,000+- years ago and spread into Asia, Korea, Japan. Some humans left Africa about 50,000 years ago and some encountered Neanderthals and mated, some did not meet the Neanderthals, and all populated Europe and Asia, australia, eventually the South Pacific Islands....and eventually into North America some 15,000+- years ago.

We can follow the migrations with blood/gene/DNA testing and information. There is consensus among most scientists that evolution and the movement of pre-humans and Homo-sapiens and Neanderthals is correct and only details are being filled in now. There has also been found other Homo-species recently....Homo-floresiensis and Homo-denisova...they seem to have died out over 15,000 years ago

DNA evidence shows that the Human Homo-sapiens line has not been anywhere close to only one mating pair (or four if you count the Noah story)

Most of the dissenters are the evangelical fundamentalists in America.

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/past-exhibiti...

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/arti...

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#700400 Mar 8, 2014

“I love Jesus”

#700401 Mar 8, 2014
<quoted text>
You told me right here in front of all these people a few nights ago that you call your sister a bitch.
You can't change that.
You lying xtian.
You claimed I called my sister a bitch because she was wiccan, Now, you can't change that and it is a lie;

How does that phrase go.. Let lying dogs lie...LMAO.. Another play on words for ya Katie just incase you missed it AGAIN..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Chess 104,769
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min waaasssuuup 673,368
Ted Bundy's Daughter (Jul '14) 43 min cval84 8
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 1 hr daniellehurley 452
CNN: Bill Cosby past away today after long batt... (Dec '08) 1 hr True Christian-Jew 84
crooks frauds predators 3 hr anonymous 1
النبى ي... 4 hr maher86 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr FireyFellow44 445,814
More from around the web