Prove there's a god.
tricki

Douglassville, PA

#699800 Mar 7, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
What consensus ?
Few modern Jews and Christians believe Mose wrote anything.
History and archeology have no evidence of Moses even existing.
Enjoy your bronze age fairy-tale.
Prove that if you can. Offering opinions isn't helpful when unsupported. No links, please
tricki

Douglassville, PA

#699801 Mar 7, 2014
God hates sin.

Slaves were entitled to receive a portion of their owner's estate upon death. Owners were commanded to treat slaves like family. They were protected by law.

Hates it.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#699802 Mar 7, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that if you can. Offering opinions isn't helpful when unsupported. No links, please
How can I prove it without linking to the data ?

You are a typical retarded Christ-Stain.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#699803 Mar 7, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
The sun
Mass-generated gravity fusion.

Read "We need to talk about Kelvin", Trixie.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#699804 Mar 7, 2014
"For much of the 20th century most scholars agreed that the five books of the Pentateuch—Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy—came from four sources, the Yahwist, the Elohist, the Deuteronomist and the Priestly source, each telling the same basic story, and joined together by various editors.[10] Since the 1970s there has been a revolution in scholarship: the Elohist source is now widely regarded as no more than a variation on the Yahwist, while the Priestly source is increasingly seen not as a document but as a body of revisions and expansions to the Yahwist (or "non-Priestly") material.(The Deuteronomistic source does not appear in Genesis).[11]

In composing the Patriarchal history the Yahwist drew on four separate blocks of traditional stories about Abraham, Jacob, Judah and Joseph, combining them with genealogies, itineraries and the "promise" theme to create a unified whole.[12] Similarly, when composing the "primeval history" he drew on Greek and Mesopotamian sources, editing and adding to them to create a unified work that fit his theological agenda.[13] The Yahwistic work was then revised and expanded into the final edition by the authors of the Priestly source.[14]

Examples of repeated and duplicate stories are used to identify the separate sources. In Genesis these include three different accounts of a Patriarch claiming that his wife was his sister, the two creation stories, and the two versions of Abraham sending Hagar and Ishmael into the desert.[15]

This leaves the question of when these works were created. Scholars in the first half of the 20th century came to the conclusion that the Yahwist was produced in the monarchic period, specifically at the court of Solomon, and the Priestly work in the middle of the 5th century BC (the author was even identified as Ezra), but more recent thinking is that the Yahwist was written either just before or during the Babylonian exile of the 6th century, and the Priestly final edition was made late in the Exilic period or soon after.[5]

As for why the book was created, a theory which has gained considerable interest, although still controversial is "Persian imperial authorisation". This proposes that the Persians, after their conquest of Babylon in 538 BC, agreed to grant Jerusalem a large measure of local autonomy within the empire, but required the local authorities to produce a single law code accepted by the entire community. The two powerful groups making up the community—the priestly families who controlled the Temple and who traced their origin to Moses and the wilderness wanderings, and the major landowning families who made up the "elders" and who traced their own origins to Abraham, who had "given" them the land—were in conflict over many issues, and each had its own "history of origins", but the Persian promise of greatly increased local autonomy for all provided a powerful incentive to cooperate in producing a single text"

Gooder (2000), pp. 12–14
Van Seters (2004), pp. 30–86
Van Seters (1998), p.33
Van Seters (1992), pp. 188–189
Van Seters (2004) p.114
Reading the Old Testament: An Introduction By Lawrence Boadt, Richard J. Clifford, Daniel J. Harrington | Paulist Press | 2012
Ska (2006), pp.169, 217–218
tricki

Douglassville, PA

#699805 Mar 7, 2014
Many researchers taking a different view of pedophilia

Pedophilia once was thought to stem from psychological influences early in in life. Now, many experts view it as a deep-rooted predisposition that does not change.

January 14, 2013|By Alan Zarembo, Los Angeles Times

Like many forms of sexual deviance, pedophilia once was thought to stem from psychological influences early in life. Now, many experts view it as a sexual orientation as immutable as heterosexuality or homosexuality.

Scientists at the Toronto center have uncovered a series of associations that suggest pedophilia has biological roots.

Among the most compelling findings is that 30% of pedophiles are left-handed or ambidextrous, triple the general rate. Because hand dominance is established through some combination of genetics and the environment of the womb, scientists see that association as a powerful indicator that something is different about pedophiles at birth.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#699806 Mar 7, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Do you know "logicaly" isn't a word?
Stupid atheist.
thewordofme wrote:
Sorry Christian I just had to laugh.:-)
Could that be 'Karma' raising her ugly head??
I don't get the humor.

"logicaly" isn't a word. It's "logically".

Super smart, ultra intelligent, massive freethinking Topix Atheists! should know that...
tricki

Douglassville, PA

#699807 Mar 7, 2014
Slaves are members of the master's household, and as such enjoy the benefit and are liable to the duty of keeping the Sabbath (Ex. 20:10, 23:12; Deut. 5:14–15) and holidays (Deut. 16:11–14, 12:18). They must be circumcised (Gen. 17:12–13); partake of Passover sacrifices when circumcised (Ex. 12:44), as distinguished from resident hirelings (Ex. 12:45); and may inherit the master's estate where there is no direct issue (Gen. 15:3) or perhaps even where there is (Prov. 17:2). Although slaves are the master's property (Lev. 22:11, etc.), they may acquire and hold property of their own; a slave who "prospers," i.e., can afford it, may redeem himself (Lev. 25:29; instances of property held by slaves are to be found in II Sam. 9:10; 16:4; 19:18, 30; cf. I Sam. 9:8). The killing of a slave is punishable in the same way as that of any freeman, even if the act is committed by the master (Ex. 21:20).

jewish virtual library

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#699808 Mar 7, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Part 2
This is why I like stregheria so much; the only real "rule" is an old saying from a 14th century wise woman named Aradia: "All acts of love gain favor with the Goddess." Sometimes she is credited with speaking for the Goddess, when she said, "All acts of love are my rituals."
There's nothing to be "saved" from, no hell, no devils, no eternal punishment or separation from the divine, none of that. And witches don't go punching each other out over differences of tradition.
What Goddess?

The one from the American folklore book, "Aradia, or the Gospel of the Witches" written in 1899?

LMMFAO
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#699809 Mar 7, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a blatant liar.
Why did you post that I am an atheist?
Aren't you?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#699810 Mar 7, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
Now try THINKING
Now try to use a period.

This thing ----------> . <----------

Dumb atheist.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#699811 Mar 7, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't! If you were man enough to stand up to the bullies who've brainwashed you then you wouldn't be a staggeringly ignorant self-righteous bigoted azzhole humiliating yourself in an international forum.
I'm standing up to YOU. YOU are the bully I speak of. You always have been and always will be. You gave yourself a life sentence. Have fun with that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#699812 Mar 7, 2014
You're reading one of those modernized "translations," while I'm referring to the KJV.
Uh huh. You'll read a medieval text for Christianity but a folklore book from 1899 for your Witchcraftery.

Imagine that.

But hey, go ahead. Quote the KJV where it states Abel is Eve's second child.

Go.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#699813 Mar 7, 2014
Tell us how you would obtain evidence of a non-event.
Go.
You got a point.

I cannot prove your nonexistent magic doesn't exist.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#699814 Mar 7, 2014
Jesus was not a god. He's a myth.
You would have to be either a god or omniscient to know whether or not Jesus was a god.

If you're not a god or omniscient, then you're a liar by stating emphatically that Jesus was "not a god".

Are you omniscient?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#699815 Mar 7, 2014
<quoted text>
Suck butter from my ass, Arr Arr.
I gave you some free advice on whether or not giardia could be passed from dogs to cats, because I didn't think your pets should have to suffer because they're owned by some ass hat like you. By the way; you're welcome.
Next time you want veterinary advice, call your vet.
I thanked you for the advice and I did go to the vet, that's his I found out Tyson had giardia.

Today I gotta watch for him to poop (good times) and take the poop to the vet for analysis. I'm also taking my kitty cat with me to get him tested, he's acting strange.

Now go get that sumbitch for saying magic isn't real.

On a side note, what's with the butter in your ass? K-Y serves as a much better lubricant.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#699816 Mar 7, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh. You'll read a medieval text for Christianity but a folklore book from 1899 for your Witchcraftery.
Imagine that.
But hey, go ahead. Quote the KJV where it states Abel is Eve's second child.
Go.
"And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord. And she again bare his brother Abel." Genesis 4:1-2 (KJV)

Cain first then Abel.

Done.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#699817 Mar 7, 2014
Nothing mentioned about any girls.
You lose again, even by your own source.
Genesis 5 says that Adam "had other sons and daughters".

Go back to your folklore book of witches.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#699818 Mar 7, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
I'm standing up to YOU.
The bullies in your life are those who brainwashed you into being a staggeringly ignorant self-righteous bigoted death-denying cowardly Christian cretin not the rational people who confront you about your willful ignorance of science and self-destructive personal delusions. Unfortunately, you're still too retarded and cowardly to recognized the bullies in your absolutely pathetic life.
tricki

Douglassville, PA

#699819 Mar 7, 2014
Churchgoers in Birmingham will hear how the Bible calls us to live out our faith by striving to make the world a more just place.

Dr Paula Gooder, Bible Society’s Theologian in Residence, will be speaking at More Than Just a Sermon organised by Traidcraft at Carrs Lane Church in Birmingham, in October. There will also be a chance to explore the theme more deeply with questions and discussion.

At Bible Society we know how important this issue is and so have produced the Poverty and Justice Bible, which literally highlights 2000 verses that call us to action over this issue.

More details about More than Just a Sermon in Birmingham
- See more at: http://www.biblesociety.org.uk/news/more-than...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 15 min Travesty 52,421
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Robert F 693,339
the Lord JEHOVAH YAHWEH..has ALWAYS EXISTED??! 5 hr Holy dr Shrink 7
I need a name for a song. 6 hr LatinoVargas55 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Holy dr Shrink 446,000
Jake Tapper: I Lied About Trump S Hole Comment 7 hr Frmr Dem Now4Trump 1
___TRUMP Already Met & Deceived by ANTICHRIST___ 7 hr 2018 Breaking 1
More from around the web