Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#699196 Mar 5, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no historical or archeological evidence that the Jews were ever enslaved in Egypt.
How many times do we have to tell you that the Buybull is Jewish folklore?
Then why do y'all keep saying they stole the sun God as one true God and based their religion on it? you can't have it both ways..

Location hidden

#699197 Mar 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
did you lose the 'shorty' expression for me, hon?
cuz i was ready to tell you to try saying this 3 times real fast: muffy munches muffs while making muffins in the morning - but you can disregard it if you're sincerly trying to be nicer:-)
You can't leave it alone huh wasup?
tricki

Pottstown, PA

#699198 Mar 5, 2014
How exciting.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#699199 Mar 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
and thus you once again nullify your previous confessions of the Savior!.....
The Messiah is not the final atonement.

I nullified nothing you deceitful little pagan.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#699200 Mar 5, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
The sniff test eh? Sounds real scientific.
I learned it from my dog. She's not a scientist, but she works for one as a laboratory retriever.
Enlightened wrote:
You probably noticed that no one else is really responding to anything you or I say. It's the beta crowd easing their way out of the conversation as it slowly dawns on the that they don't really want to argue with either one of us.
LOL. Your arrogance is growing on me. I tend to drink from that cup myself on occasion, so I won't be too harsh.
Enlightened wrote:
There's a fatal flaw in your chain of reasoning, Aint. It fails to account for the unknown. The things mankind doesn't know outnumber the things he does know by a factor of infinity ... We know quite a bit about our immediate surroundings, and we possess a degree of deductive reasoning, which allows us to posit theories about what we can see in the sky if we magnify it a bit. We can do math. Some of us can do it well enough to apply it to the underlying functionality of our entire space-time continuum. But let's be frank about our limitations. There are numerous diseases we can't cure. We can't fathom the concepts of infinity or eternity. We are barely able to define cognizance and self-awareness. We can't get along with each other, ever. Our science is not very impressive when you consider the fact that the vast majority of our theories are ultimately disproved. We are patently doomed by the inevitability of exponential population growth. And we really aren't very good at hitting a baseball - most of us would strike out every single time versus major league pitching, even though the math of hitting the ball is quite simple. We do seem to be making some progress, in some areas, while falling back in other much more important ones. Yet you would define our tiny sliver of (quite possibly very wrong) knowledge as a prophetic miracle? Sorry Aint, you lack perspective. We know nothing. From a cosmic perspective, we ARE nothing. Any single thing you think you "know" could easily be proven hilariously wrong by close of business today. Happens ALL THE TIME.
I don't see an argument for miracles there, nor a reason to believe in that for which there is no evidence. You also seem to have misjudged my claim.

Fennario

#699201 Mar 5, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
There is no such thing as a "fact" for mankind.
Disagree, assuming that by "fact" you mean a linguistic string that accurately maps a portion of reality. such that it describes what can be experienced. and the conditions for doing so.
Enlightened wrote:
So for you to arbitrarily dismiss the very real possibility that there is a spiritual world that transcends, encompasses, or runs parallel to this one, is merely childish.
I don't think that I have done that. What I have dismissed are the claims about such a world, as I do all extraordinary claims that are unsupported.

What is a spirit to you, incidentally? Do you mean extracorporeal minds living outside of our common spacetime?
Enlightened wrote:
"I can't see it, so it doesn't exist. It doesn't fit (insert laughably-primitive-or-ultimat ely-disproved-50-years-from-no w scientific theory here), so it can't be true. I can't relate to it, so it isn't real." That, if you will admit it or not, is the full sum of your argument against God.
No.That is your straw man. I have made no such argument.

Fennario

#699202 Mar 5, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
if you want to talk about God - the real God, First Cause, the Singularity, coincidences that are too amazing to be coincidences, and the inevitability of Armageddon, I'm your man.
If you want to tell me about your god, please do. I've heard a lot of arguments about this god, none that I found interesting, and none new in years. If you think you have something better than those that have preceded you, I'd be happy to consider it and critique it for you.
Enlightened wrote:
First though, you're going to have to give me something. I'm not gonna waste much time debating some naive sub-intellectual who thinks mankind has got it all figured out with science,
I think you've got that backward. You're going to have to give me something. I gave you three posts of rebuttal to your claim that atheism was a religion, and you didn't acknowledge it. Then I provided a few hundred words from Sam Harris on the topic of the morals of the biblical god, which you rebutted with the word "rube." You don't debate. You pontificate in a condescending tone, as you are now.
Enlightened wrote:
Let's REALLY talk. Tell me how far you're prepared to go here. Because so far, it looks like you stop at demanding total disbelief of anything that can't be irrefutably proven. I'm telling you that absolutely nothing can be irrefutably proven. But God can at least be demonstrated by a preponderance of evidence. Lemme know.
Actually, you're up. I've been waiting for something of substance from you since your argument that atheism is a religion, which appeared on this thread before I did. As you may recall, it was offered in another thread where I rebutted it, and reposted that answer here. So far, your reaction has been dead air.

So, if you want to show me your stuff, you can begin by addressing those posts beginning at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... , the two following it, and if you're up to it, Harris's comments at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

If you find fault with any of that, please let me know what you think it is.

Location hidden

#699203 Mar 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong
Look at Egyptian history and compare to Hebrew history.
I have but I looked at Hebrew History then Egyption History, If anything the egyptions was worshiping darkness. look at Horus, a product of Osiris, a reanimated corpse of spiritual beings and Isis, the reanimated being would be of darkness, notice how the disc above their heads is w/out the horns but just with the disc surrounded by the snake. the snake is life of death, not the other way around..them S.O.Bs was worshiping life of darkness not of light..
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#699204 Mar 5, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Then why do y'all keep saying they stole the sun God as one true God and based their religion on it? you can't have it both ways..
Did you have to be a slave in Egypt to know about Egyptian gods?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#699205 Mar 5, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no explanation, therefore it MUST be god.
Don't forget to sacrifice a virgin to the volcano god.
dId I say it was God? or is that just what your mind filled your thought with?

BTW, the volcano god said that virginity is overrated and at this point and time any woman will do....

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#699206 Mar 5, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, the volcano god said that virginity is overrated and at this point and time any woman will do....
I have a onion volcano ready...send them over.:)

#699207 Mar 5, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you doubting that Hitler was a Christian?
yes. Are you doubting that Hitler told lies?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#699208 Mar 5, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops..... My bad. I should have instantly recognized that you were trying to infer that it was your blood alcohol level.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#699209 Mar 5, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
yes. Are you doubting that Hitler told lies?
His "lies" sure do sound familiar:

Today Christians ... stand at the head of [this country]... I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity .. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit ... We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theater, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past ...(few) years.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#699210 Mar 5, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I have but I looked at Hebrew History then Egyption History, If anything the egyptions was worshiping darkness. look at Horus, a product of Osiris, a reanimated corpse of spiritual beings and Isis, the reanimated being would be of darkness, notice how the disc above their heads is w/out the horns but just with the disc surrounded by the snake. the snake is life of death, not the other way around..them S.O.Bs was worshiping life of darkness not of light..
Wow! Good thing there were cartoons to facilitate your understanding.

#699211 Mar 5, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a onion volcano ready...send them over.:)
lol!!! Imagine the tears ..........

Location hidden

#699212 Mar 5, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have to be a slave in Egypt to know about Egyptian gods?
Did the Egyptians have to be in the land od Israel to know about the Abrahamic God? If anything Abraham got the idea from when he was in Canaan, they worshiped EL their one God, Bael was his son whom they also worshiped..

Fennario

#699213 Mar 5, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
You probably noticed that no one else is really responding to anything you or I say. It's the beta crowd easing their way out of the conversation as it slowly dawns on them that they don't really want to argue with either one of us.

[QUOTE who=" pusherman_"]We're not responding because according to you, we're sub-intellect, we wouldn't want to Intervene with our lack of knowledge, in a Bible you don't believe in, you're a fkn hypocrite! To me personally, your spewing out the mouth means shyt! I know that doesn't mean anything to you and I don't care!
You have to allow for his condescension and arrogance. It's just a rhetorical weapon intended to agitate and intimidate. Insults, statements of faith, and other unsupported claims aren't too interesting or valuable, but if you have a sincere argument about ideas, please share it. Topix wants you to and so do I.

#699214 Mar 5, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops..... My bad. I should have instantly recognized that you were trying to infer that it was your blood alcohol level.
Did I say I was drinking or is that what what your mind filled in the blanks with?

Give it up dude.... You're not going to make any headway here.

#699215 Mar 5, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
His "lies" sure do sound familiar:
Today Christians ... stand at the head of [this country]... I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity .. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit ... We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theater, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past ...(few) years.
answer the question.... Did Hitler tell lies???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 559,360
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min Seraphima 604,967
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min Blanc manger coco 119,649
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Aura Mytha 265,096
skype sex id luv to try it (Aug '13) 28 min sammy 79
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 42 min RiccardoFire 37,812
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 58 min RiccardoFire 96,742
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Lyndi 175,605
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web