Prove there's a god.
goodwife

San Antonio, TX

#699262 Mar 5, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you've proven is that you're a religiously brainwashed mentally retarded imbecilic sociopathic homophobic evolution and death denying cowardly fundiseased Christian redneck godbot without a single socially redeemable quality. Your seething hatred isn't welcome outside your local brainwashing institution. F*ck off, azzhole!
If I may respond to this-what you have proven is that because you are a non-believer (I am assuming this because of the hatred you are spewing at a Christian) your only recourse is to insult and belittle someone for their beliefs. Why? What could it possibly matter to you what anyone believes? Is it injuring you in any way? It's really none of your business or concern. awhy are you so angry and full of hate?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#699263 Mar 5, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious indoctrination requires ignorance and cowardice. You're both a coward and ignoramus. In fact, you're an especially ignorant and cowardly Christian godbot who'll never be man enough to grow up and learn to live without your inane personal delusions of an imaginary father figure in the sky and an afterlife paradise for imbecilic sociopathic punks like you!
Blah blah blah.... same crap you always say.... find new phrases will ya.... It's getting old... You're the one that will never be man enough to move out of your Mom's basement, Stop laying video games and argue with kids half your age whether The Marvel Universe was better than the DC Universe back in the day.

Grow up.....

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#699264 Mar 5, 2014
*oops.... I meant PLAYING Video games....

But I suppose that laying video games might be the closest you'll ever get to the opposite sex.
Nawton

Upper Darby, PA

#699265 Mar 5, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
your participation makes clear what i already new.
if christians read here, remember your gift of discernment and to pray for the dead
But will the dead pray for you?
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#699266 Mar 5, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but YOUR seething hatred is okay, right? Double standards much? Hypocrisy much? You truly need professional help screwge. I call you "screwge" because you have screws loose. Your mind has been fucked (screwed) over by hatred of others. Your either a troll posting for the reaction and attention, or you're truly a pathological person with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Either way you need professional mental health assistance.
No hypocrisy at all,bro we give what we receive
People wouldnt hate religions if they didn't preach promote hatred of atheists

www.thereligionofpeace.com

www.evilbible.com
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#699267 Mar 5, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
<quoted text>
Well by all means let's ignore the fact that I led off with a cogent argument for the validity of the Restoration Prophecy that you arbitrarily dismissed with an appeal to authority, which in fact appealed to nothing more than your personal opinion about what constitutes the miraculous.
Let's additionally ignore your subsequent rebuttal to my side-note regarding the bizarre parallel between the Hebrew Shemitah and the two most recent financial collapses, which, if I recall, was to point out that there's a word for such an observation.
By all means, let the banter end and the conversation begin.
However, I am not interested in addressing your links. If I want to argue with Sam Harris, I can do so on the Sam Harris Fanboi page.
Since you are laying the burden of proof at my doorstep, I will make my own argument. And if you choose to rebut it, then I expect you to do so without crediting your own refusal to believe something as a rebuttal.
Let's start with First Cause.
I maintain that God created the universe. I say this in full knowledge that the concept of a creator being is beyond the understanding of mankind, a supernatural concept that seemingly makes very little sense from the standpoint of one's breakfast table at 7:45 in the morning.
UNLESS one ventures back in time, 13.5 billion years ago, and takes a look around the universe.
There is nothing, of course, not even empty space. "Nothing," BTW, is also beyond the human mind's ability to encompass, along with the concepts of infinity and eternity.
But something happens. A Singularity appears. And then it "explodes," sending matter hurtling through non-space, creating something out of nothing in its wake.
Bizarre. Yet, essentially proven by science.
From this, we can deduce that the universe is indeed creating itself. Somewhere well beyond the reach of our telescopes and spacecraft lies the outer boundary of all things, ever-expanding, creating space and time out of "nothing" every second that passes here on Earth.
We literally have NO EXPLANATION WHATSOEVER to offer for this. Of course scientists are working on one, and always have been. They are certainly restricted by the fact that they will never have even the slightest bit of "nothing" to work with. But if they ever do find out what created the original singularity, and how "something" comes from "nothing," the theory will be every bit as extraordinary as the idea that a supernatural being beyond our understanding merely created the entire thing.
So to posit the existence of God is not an extraordinary claim.- certainly no more extraordinary than a theory that the Singularity always existed, which requires us to accept other concepts beyond our mental reach.
God is documented. Mankind has either invented him, or he has revealed himself to us. It is impossible to prove which is true, but it is possible to note that there is a basis for the existence of God in our historical documents. Every society has a version of the creator being, which the vast majority of all humans through recorded history have acknowledged as the most likely explanation for how we got here.
God himself holds forth the declaration that your very existence, and that of the universe, SHOULD be adequate evidence that he exists. I do not present this as evidence, merely to provide context.
So, prima facie, I am entitled to say that God exists, and that he created the universe. There is some evidence of it, and it cannot be rebutted with any facts at mankind's disposal.
What say you to this?
God of the gaps Fallacy again!?
ALL gods are human invention and none are real

www.godchecker.com

Btw you might at least Try to keep up w latest science,your ignorance is depressing to watch

http://youtu.be/nZiROWO6iVs
Nawton

Upper Darby, PA

#699268 Mar 5, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
<quoted text>
I insist on it.
So far I am gathering from you that God doesn't exist because 1) I have a large ego, or 2) God is a bad person.
Let me address both of those.
1. Perhaps I don't have a large ego at all. Perhaps, Aint, the tone of my writing changes according to my purpose. I'll tell you one thing a little arrogance goes a long way toward luring atheists into the anger corner, where they frequently spill the beans that they have no real argument and are actually just hate-filled bipeds with a grudge against Christians. Take Scrooge for example, I haven't made a fool of him, merely pushed him into making a fool of himself. Now he's calling everyone "bitch" LOL.
2. God is not a person. But that he may or may not be your version of a bad person is a very puerile argument against his mere existence.
You mentioned something to the effect that I seem to have multiple versions of God. Not at all. I believe in the desert God of the Ancient Hebrews, the one who appeared to Moses on Mt. Sinai and said "I am that I am." I have numerous reasons.
Foremost is the historical progress of the Jews - God's chosen people.
They are not supposed to be here. They were wiped out by the Assyrians 2,700 years ago.
Yet here they are. A prosperous, sovereign nation, as prophesied, their culture intact, sitting in the midst of all their traditional enemies and giving them the high hard one. And not only "against the odds." It was impossible.
The Jews are the most hated, oppressed people in the history of the planet, victims of multiple attempted genocides, ex-slaves, utterly powerless aside from the power God has given them.
You can look at the Jewish Question (LOL I made a Holocaust joke) with blinders on. But I don't.
I've had conversations before about the miraculous fulfillment of the Restoration Prophecy of Amos 9:12-15. The denialbots frequently point out that Israel would not likely have become a nation again if not for the international outpouring of goodwill toward the Jews resultant of the Holocaust - as if that is some evidence against the divine fulfillment of the prophecy.
Let's take a look at that. What bizarre twists of geopolitical reality would have to transpire for an otherwise relatively sane country like Germany to devolve to the point of baking Jews in ovens? Hitler, you say, was behind it - he skewed the German view with the power of his public persona.
Difficult to explain, that. Whence his strange charisma? He certainly was no looker. He had a fairly irritating voice. But he had an undefinable characteristic that made people follow him on his path to genocide. I wonder where that came from? Charm school you think?
One also wonders, what happened to Hitler, in his childhood most likely, to bring on this irrational hatred of Jews? Was it one incident, or many?
The path to the Holocaust itself is undoubtedly an ugly, winding road. Brought to you by the desert God of the Ancient Hebrews.
A desert god of the ancient hebrews?
Interesting!
Your post then indicates that other gods are in charge of other regions.
Thank You.
The Assyrians did NOT wipe out the Jews.
The first diaspora, the land of Israel was taken captive and its 10 tribes were dispersed, never to reunite again.
The 2nd diaspora, the land of Judah was taken captive but shortly after the Jews were allowed to return to their homeland, continuing wirh their 2 tribes.
That's why the Jews are still here.
Nawton

Upper Darby, PA

#699269 Mar 5, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Aint, writing off the miraculous as mundane, and the startling as the problem of the person who notices it, is not a "rebuttal."
But there is a name for it: Horseshit.
BTW, from my pevious post, the Hebrew god YHWH is the god of the hills and not a god of the valleys, which would therefore include the desert.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#699270 Mar 5, 2014
parisqueen1 wrote:
Why do you need proof that there is a God? What's the point? Would you live your life differently if you had indisputable proof? It's like asking whether there is proof that wind exists. If you were struck by lightning and lived, would you believe in God then? I doubt it. If He stood in front of you and said, I am the real deal, you would probably say you were hallucinating or having a flash-back. When you can only think with a logical mind, it is nearly impossible to believe in someone greater than us who could have no beginning or end. People in general scoff at that which they cannot comprehend. You either believe or you don't--it's a choice. I think the universe is too large for anyone to know for sure who or what "God" could possibly be. How does not believing make one's life better? To me, it's pretty depressing to believe that "man" is the best thing this universe has to offer.
Hmm,, I always thought that WOMAN is the best thing ..LLL

And yes we can comprehend and imagine gods just fine now try proving it

www.godchecker.com
Nawton

Upper Darby, PA

#699271 Mar 5, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey !!!
I call my God, the original God. so ? don't mess with Andet !!! ok ?
all I know is, there is only one God. and that is the God that I am worshipping.
The god that the xtians think that they worship is the Hebraic god YHWH.

Yhwh was a canaanite god who was given by EL the Hebraic nation.
That's why Yhwh stated to the Hebrews not to worship other gods but him.

The monotheistic Xtians, Hebrews, muslims do NOT worship who/what they think they do.
Nawton

Upper Darby, PA

#699272 Mar 5, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
i trust hitler and Gandhi.
i am the resurrection
he who believes in me shall never die
"he?" no chicks? i told you god hates girls
No rebuttal to my comment?
I'm not surprised.
Busted!
LOL
Nawton

Upper Darby, PA

#699273 Mar 5, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean why *weren't* they mentioned?
Because they were only females. Inconsequential, aside from bearing children.
<quoted text>
You asked who Cain's wife was.
Sorry that you don't like the answer,
<quoted text>
He never did answer that. He pretended he did, but he never really answered.
Yeah, i know.
But I bet that it was that incest thing.
Nawton

Upper Darby, PA

#699274 Mar 5, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
<quoted text>
But if you want to talk about God - the real God, First Cause, the Singularity, coincidences that are too amazing to be coincidences, and the inevitability of Armageddon, I'm your man.
(edited for clarification)
Oh good!
I wanna play.
In one of your earlier posts to me you claimed that the god YHWH was the1st cause,real god and only true god.
How much do you actually know about the canaanite religion,
the religion where the god Yhwh emanated from?
Nawton

Upper Darby, PA

#699275 Mar 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
them devils are destined for the lake of fire and they whisper in the ears of disgruntled & rebellious humans to try & pursuade them to go there too!
Are you watching "vampire diaries" again?
Nawton

Upper Darby, PA

#699276 Mar 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i never make any 'sense" to those who have rejected truth cuz it's hidden from you and you can't follow a spiritual person's thoughts with the lil grey blob growing old between your ears:-)
You don't make any sense...period.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#699277 Mar 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you may be right about never having anything to nullify in the first place and for once we can agree:-)
" Belief in the eventual coming of the mashiach is a basic and fundamental part of traditional Judaism. It is part of Rambam's 13 Principles of Faith, the minimum requirements of Jewish belief. In the Shemoneh Esrei prayer, recited three times daily, we pray for all of the elements of the coming of the mashiach: ingathering of the exiles; restoration of the religious courts of justice; an end of wickedness, sin and heresy; reward to the righteous; rebuilding of Jerusalem; restoration of the line of King David; and restoration of Temple service.

Modern scholars suggest that the messianic concept was introduced later in the history of Judaism, during the age of the prophets. They note that the messianic concept is not explicitly mentioned anywhere in the Torah (the first five books of the Bible).

However, traditional Judaism maintains that the messianic idea has always been a part of Judaism. The mashiach is not mentioned explicitly in the Torah, because the Torah was written in terms that all people could understand, and the abstract concept of a distant, spiritual, future reward was beyond the comprehension of some people. However, the Torah contains several references to "the End of Days" (acharit ha-yamim), which is the time of the mashiach; thus, the concept of mashiach was known in the most ancient times.

The term "mashiach" literally means "the anointed one," and refers to the ancient practice of anointing kings with oil when they took the throne. The mashiach is the one who will be anointed as king in the End of Days.

The word "mashiach" does not mean "savior." The notion of an innocent, divine or semi-divine being who will sacrifice himself to save us from the consequences of our own sins is a purely Christian concept that has no basis in Jewish thought. Unfortunately, this Christian concept has become so deeply ingrained in the English word "messiah" that this English word can no longer be used to refer to the Jewish concept. The word "mashiach" will be used throughout this page.

Some gentiles have told me that the term "mashiach" is related to the Hebrew term "moshiah" (savior) because they sound similar, but the similarity is not as strong as it appears to one unfamiliar with Hebrew. The Hebrew word "mashiach" comes from the root Mem-Shin-Chet, which means to paint, smear, or annoint. The word "moshiah" comes from the root Yod-Shin-Ayin, which means to help or save. The only letter these roots have in common is Shin, the most common letter in the Hebrew language. The "m" sound at the beginning of the word moshiah (savior) is a common prefix used to turn a verb into a noun. For example, the verb tzavah (to command) becomes mitzvah (commandment). Saying that "mashiach" is related to "moshiah" is a bit like saying that ring is related to surfing because they both end in "ing." "

http://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm

“"None shall pass"”

There

#699278 Mar 5, 2014
" The mashiach will be a great political leader descended from King David (Jeremiah 23:5). The mashiach is often referred to as "mashiach ben David" (mashiach, son of David). He will be well-versed in Jewish law, and observant of its commandments (Isaiah 11:2-5). He will be a charismatic leader, inspiring others to follow his example. He will be a great military leader, who will win battles for Israel. He will be a great judge, who makes righteous decisions (Jeremiah 33:15). But above all, he will be a human being, not a god, demi-god or other supernatural being.

It has been said that in every generation, a person is born with the potential to be the mashiach. If the time is right for the messianic age within that person's lifetime, then that person will be the mashiach. But if that person dies before he completes the mission of the mashiach, then that person is not the mashiach. "

“"None shall pass"”

There

#699279 Mar 5, 2014
" There are a wide variety of opinions on the subject of when the mashiach will come. Some of Judaism's greatest minds have cursed those who try to predict the time of the mashiach's coming, because errors in such predictions could cause people to lose faith in the messianic idea or in Judaism itself. This actually happened in the 17th century, when Shabbatai Tzvi claimed to be the mashiach. When Tzvi converted to Islam under threat of death, many Jews converted with him. Nevertheless, this prohibition has not stopped anyone from speculating about the time when the mashiach will come.

Although some scholars believed that G-d has set aside a specific date for the coming of the mashiach, most authority suggests that the conduct of mankind will determine the time of the mashiach's coming. In general, it is believed that the mashiach will come in a time when he is most needed (because the world is so sinful), or in a time when he is most deserved (because the world is so good). For example, each of the following has been suggested as the time when the mashiach will come:

if Israel repented a single day;
if Israel observed a single Shabbat properly;
if Israel observed two Shabbats in a row properly;
in a generation that is totally innocent or totally guilty;
in a generation that loses hope;
in a generation where children are totally disrespectful towards their parents and elders;"

“"None shall pass"”

There

#699280 Mar 5, 2014
" Before the time of the mashiach, there shall be war and suffering (Ezekiel 38:16)

The mashiach will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1). He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18). He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15). "

“"None shall pass"”

There

#699281 Mar 5, 2014
Jesus was not, by any stretch of the Jewish meaning of it, The Messiah.

IMHO, He was much more than that.
He was the final Scapegoat that e3nded the need for temples and ritual sacrifices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black women hate White men? (Feb '11) 1 min Moanz4058 64
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 5 min Kissez8098 2,064
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Bongo 92,608
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min crucifiedguy 286,021
Why Yahoo Account Showing Unusual Activities ? 9 min Cuddles6778 10
Why do Women get tattoos when its so ugly! (Sep '11) 13 min Sugar3838 70
The Tell Payless Survey Website - www.tellpayle... (Dec '12) 22 min Fresh4226 21
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Charm7664 667,731
More from around the web