Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#698827 Mar 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I have been to prison, and there is nothing civilized about keeping a man in prison til he dies, that is harsher and crueler than a death sentence in my opinion..I think over here if you been on death row for at least 5 years, they should execute them..It is a huge and costly burden to america and the tax payers, one that society shouldn't have to bare. To me that money would be better suited to help the homeless and hungry here in America..
any culture which allows it's leaders to execute inconvenient members, is a police state

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#698828 Mar 4, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you don't understand what the word theory means in a scientific context.
Oh, I know what the word theory means in a scientific context, the problem is, you guys take this word totally out of context and you think "we" cannot see what your doing. I see you and I know. If it were proven beyond a doubt that any of these MANY theories of the Earths origin were 100% accurate, THEY STILL DO NOT DISMISS A CREATOR. I know you will come back and yes, but you see. I'm sure GOD knows what science to use to cause a big bang spark or what ever magic you want to say caused this beautiful place.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#698829 Mar 4, 2014
fullobull wrote:
If you don't think there is a God then don't worry about it....believe what you want to. There's no need in arguing about it...live and let live.
I have a feeling you might be having a battle going on within yourself...you probably do think there's a God and reaching out for help....just my opinion but like I said....why argue over it. Get alone..open your heart and your mind and pray...maybe you'll find the truth within...not on topix. I hope you get the answers you're looking for.
quit evangelizing

and I shall quit my critique of your moral failure.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#698830 Mar 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> What about that layer of sediment with no fossils in it that they estimated to around 11 to 13 thousand years ago? I can't remember the time frame they gave but I think you're way off but I will find it on the computer and check. what about that other question? now they said it wasn't just confined to certain locations, they said it was found all around..
Ever heard of the last glaciation?

What they said makes no difference without evidence of what they said.

#698831 Mar 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Why absolutely not would I wanna see an innocent man put to death, but in 5 years with all the advancements in technology and DNA testing, 5 years should be plenty of time to exonerate any innocent, altho some people in prison may be innocent, it is a very small percentage but it does happen. The states hum haul around with their testing and appeals just to bleed money from the public, stalling with procedure is just a lame excuse to do it...
Funnily enough this is the exact same DNA that you deny when it comes to showing evolution tracts. How strange that you should trust it 100% in one respect and 0% in another.

I wonder if you were sitting on death row and knew that without doubt you were innocent (not just saying it to please your idea of god but actually innocent). Then would you have the same attitude then?

#698832 Mar 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> That doesn't even deserve an answer..Still lame christine.
Honey, that DNA that you are so adamant is good enough to commit a felon to death is the same DNA that proves you are of black descent.

It really does not matter how incredulous you pretend to be

“I love Jesus”

#698833 Mar 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your MA degree?
Dude!!!
Get real.
Not all of us dropped out of High School like you did Catcher. If you are jealous, then go back to school. You are never too old for an education... Well, maybe you are..

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#698834 Mar 4, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Then one has to ask Kait, we know that the Gentiles and the Jews were not kind to the early Christians and in some Instances Persecuted them. If we were speaking of a court of law as you said, then where is the countering testimony? The eyewitnesses that said it didn't happen? Surely I would think that something, anything would be written by the Jews and the Gentiles to contest the claims. After all, most of Lukes writings were written (as agreed by most Historians ) somewhere between 40-80 A.D. and most people of that timewould still be alive and surely there should be a record or records of someone, anyone at that time saying that those events didn't happen, or hey, these Gospel things..... They got the info all wrong...."
Wheres the counter evidence of that time?
On another note, I LOVED how I was killed.... felt like i was in the middle of clue, did you really have to hit me that hard with the candlestick Kait???:)
Wadsworth: I'm merely a humble butler.
Col. Mustard: What exactly do you do?
Wadsworth: I buttle, sir.
One of my fave movies - although I'm fairly sure that John Landis stole the "I buttle" line from P.G. Wodehoiuse...

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#698835 Mar 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because as a child I believed the god stores does not make it any less of a myth, all it means is that I was once as gullible as you.
BTW, the word gullible is not listed in the oxford English dictionary
I know the only guilty one, he was a neighbour of my husbands parents. He never once protested innocence and accepted his full life term incarceration without complaint. Such an unassuming and gentle good ‘family’ man too who has the prison in abject fear of his name.
So then you know but chose to turn your back on it huh?
Why are you assuming that I am gullible? I assure you that I am not.
There are very few, and i do mean very few, that accepts their time like a man. I had no problem with it cause I was guilty and if I get busted again I will do the same again..

Location hidden

#698836 Mar 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, that DNA that you are so adamant is good enough to commit a felon to death is the same DNA that proves you are of black descent.
Well I disagree as you are basing it on Evolution and it is not fact, no matter how adamantly you say it is..

“I love Jesus”

#698837 Mar 4, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a scientific theory and the only one that is true.
Your hundreds of possible theories (hundreds??) sound kinda' phony to me. Can you back that up??
It seems to me you are the clueless one here.
I am not trying to back them up and never once have I tried. I plainly said, Evolution is just one of many theories of how the universe came about, then there is always the Old Big Bang. If you knew anything about Science you would know some of these theories so I suggest you use your Google magic and find your own answers..

http://discovermagazine.com/2008/apr/25-3-the...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#698838 Mar 4, 2014
tricki wrote:
Atheism is a belief system that denies the existence of God(s). There is no evidence to support their position. It requires faith.
Wait, while I try this one more time.

Atheist's Statement:

1. There is no evidence supporting the existence of any deity.

2. There is therefore no reason to beleive in one.

3. Therefore, I do not.

It's really not that bloody complicated.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#698839 Mar 4, 2014
"We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity. Our movement is Christian."

Adolf Hitler - the ultimate Christian Crusader
October 27, 1928

Location hidden

#698840 Mar 4, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
any culture which allows it's leaders to execute inconvenient members, is a police state
Inconvenient Members? hahaha! karl, surely you jest? And what of it? If you don't like the way some guy is executed for kidnapping, raping, and murdering an Innocent child then maybe America isn't the place for you! I doubt you would be missed!

Location hidden

#698841 Mar 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever heard of the last glaciation?
What they said makes no difference without evidence of what they said.
HaHaHa! very weak Christine. I thought you could do better..

Location hidden

#698842 Mar 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Funnily enough this is the exact same DNA that you deny when it comes to showing evolution tracts. How strange that you should trust it 100% in one respect and 0% in another.
I wonder if you were sitting on death row and knew that without doubt you were innocent (not just saying it to please your idea of god but actually innocent). Then would you have the same attitude then?
There is more to Evidence than just DNA christine.
I know that DNA can be contaminated in some form or another, but as far as that goes it is considered to be very dependable and reliable.
I am not saying DNA is 0%, I am saying that just because everything has some form of it in common doesn't mean I came from a rat or monkey.

Location hidden

#698843 Mar 4, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
"We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity. Our movement is Christian."
Adolf Hitler - the ultimate Christian Crusader
October 27, 1928
Scrooge, Hitler was an @$$ puppet for them, what do you think he was gonna say. I can sit and tell you all day that I am not a drug addict and you'd be none the wiser to me knowing I am one.. People play and use people for their own gain and do not care to tell you what it is you wanna hear, and you know this..

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#698844 Mar 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it doesn't mean that either, what it means is that evolution drives changes in in the physiology of animals. It's thought dark skin evolved from a lighter skin when the hominids lost body hair and moved from the forest to the savanna's . But we don't know for certain we only know the characteristics of human skin subjected to climatic changes.
One thing that we see that is confusing about skin and hair pigments is the bear.
While polar bears are white, they have black skin, and black bears ...have white skin.
I do know all but the lightest complexions will darken from exposure from the sun.

Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#698845 Mar 4, 2014
tricki wrote:
Overwhelming evidence God exists
There's never been a single scientific observation in support of mythical deities. You're a religiously brainwashed mentally retarded redneck bitch with no capacity to grasp irrefutable facts in contradiction to your Christian brainwashing. You should be institutionalized for the rest of your worthless life.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#698846 Mar 4, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
Harris is a rube. An angry one at that.
I guess that you didn't want to be taken seriously.
Enlightened wrote:
Yeah, yeah, I get it: There's an absolute morality,.Sam Harris gets to define what it is, and ..
No, you don't get it. As far as I know, only faith based thinkers refer to absolute morality as if it exists.
Enlightened wrote:
God Almighty, creator of all things, has sinned against Sam Harris.
You still don't get it. "God Almighty" is another unshared premise.
Enlightened wrote:
I appreciate you taking the time to post a nearly-adequate rebuttal, I really do - very refreshing.
And another gratuitous dig. Five sentences into your initial reply and you've already bellied up four times.

I can see that there will be nothing in this discussion from you but abusive language, arguments based on unshared premises, and your huge, self-aggrandizing and self-congratulatory ego, which comes through in both your choice of names for yourself, and in comments like "I just clearly demonstrated that Atheism meets ALL the criteria of a religion." That behavior. incidentally - making puffed up claims about yourself and then patting yourself on the back - is generally referred to as pigeon chess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min Halle Berry Sister 177,179
which is the best - WordPress or blogger ? 7 min ahmadwael 1
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 7 min sangili karuppan 1,808
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Just Think 596,417
Drawing Animals In Pencil 20 min ahmadwael 1
Award Winning Cat Tree Plans 22 min ahmadwael 1
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 29 min Halle Berry Sister 2,639
The Christian Atheist debate 30 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1,022
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 44 min End Times 612,623
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr curtjester1 444,355
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 hr tamizh 7,337
More from around the web