Prove there's a god.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#698862 Mar 4, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>I am not trying to back them up and never once have I tried. I plainly said, Evolution is just one of many theories of how the universe came about, then there is always the Old Big Bang. If you knew anything about Science you would know some of these theories so I suggest you use your Google magic and find your own answers..
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/apr/25-3-the...
The Big Bang and evolution are two separate issues.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#698863 Mar 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> So then you know but chose to turn your back on it huh?
Why are you assuming that I am gullible? I assure you that I am not.
There are very few, and i do mean very few, that accepts their time like a man. I had no problem with it cause I was guilty and if I get busted again I will do the same again..
Know? Rather strange (or liberal) use of the word

Knowing implies evidence, I think what you probably meant is you had faith because one thing is for sure, there ain’t no evidence

Not gullible? Wow who’d av thowt it. No not assuming, just a little jest of mine

As to whether you were guilty or not was up to the evidence and the judge

#698864 Mar 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Well I disagree as you are basing it on Evolution and it is not fact, no matter how adamantly you say it is..
Evolution is proven, there are multiply lines of complimentary evidence to confirm it happened and is happening right now.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#698865 Mar 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Rats don't grow into men, some men turn into rats though.
The only comparisons that make sense is looking the the tree of life branching backwards.
It's a long ways back to a LCA between humans and rats, but it does make sense if you look to the human MRCA. If the MCRA makes sense then you can understand the LCA between different species.
I know Aura, but you get what i was saying.
tricki

Douglassville, PA

#698866 Mar 4, 2014
God is. No scientific data disputes that. Not one piece of information known to man proves otherwise.

#698867 Mar 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> HaHaHa! very weak Christine. I thought you could do better..
So are you saying that the last glaciation that occurred at exactly the right time is not the reason for a lack of fossils in the are covered by the ice?

I await you explanation of myth and magic then.

#698868 Mar 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> There is more to Evidence than just DNA christine.
I know that DNA can be contaminated in some form or another, but as far as that goes it is considered to be very dependable and reliable.
I am not saying DNA is 0%, I am saying that just because everything has some form of it in common doesn't mean I came from a rat or monkey.
I don’t think you can understand the accuracy that DNA can be measured
tricki

Douglassville, PA

#698869 Mar 4, 2014
Nothing presented here proves God isn't. Just the opposite. Of all the posts ever presented here, not one proves God is not
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#698870 Mar 4, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Wait, while I try this one more time.
Atheist's Statement:
1. There is no evidence supporting the existence of any deity.
2. There is therefore no reason to beleive in one.
3. Therefore, I do not.
It's really not that bloody complicated.
No, you still got it wrong. Let me help you.

1. There is no evidence that I will accept supporting the existence of any deity that will hold me accountable after I die.
2. This justifies my choice to not beleive in one and to believe I will die free of judgement.
3. Therefore, I will not believe in the Son of Man, I will not do it Sam I Am.

There, that's more honest. You're welcome.:)

Location hidden

#698871 Mar 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Know? Rather strange (or liberal) use of the word
Knowing implies evidence, I think what you probably meant is you had faith because one thing is for sure, there ain’t no evidence
Not gullible? Wow who’d av thowt it. No not assuming, just a little jest of mine
As to whether you were guilty or not was up to the evidence and the judge
No, I am not gullible.
It was up to the jury, but I plead guilty cause I knew they had the evidence, I just saved them and me the time..They will convict you if you're guilty or not on assumption and Intent, not to mention several other circumstances they throw at you.
Enlightened

Gallatin, TN

#698872 Mar 4, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I guess that you didn't want to be taken seriously.
I insist on it.

So far I am gathering from you that God doesn't exist because 1) I have a large ego, or 2) God is a bad person.

Let me address both of those.

1. Perhaps I don't have a large ego at all. Perhaps, Aint, the tone of my writing changes according to my purpose. I'll tell you one thing a little arrogance goes a long way toward luring atheists into the anger corner, where they frequently spill the beans that they have no real argument and are actually just hate-filled bipeds with a grudge against Christians. Take Scrooge for example, I haven't made a fool of him, merely pushed him into making a fool of himself. Now he's calling everyone "bitch" LOL.

2. God is not a person. But that he may or may not be your version of a bad person is a very puerile argument against his mere existence.

You mentioned something to the effect that I seem to have multiple versions of God. Not at all. I believe in the desert God of the Ancient Hebrews, the one who appeared to Moses on Mt. Sinai and said "I am that I am." I have numerous reasons.

Foremost is the historical progress of the Jews - God's chosen people.

They are not supposed to be here. They were wiped out by the Assyrians 2,700 years ago.

Yet here they are. A prosperous, sovereign nation, as prophesied, their culture intact, sitting in the midst of all their traditional enemies and giving them the high hard one. And not only "against the odds." It was impossible.

The Jews are the most hated, oppressed people in the history of the planet, victims of multiple attempted genocides, ex-slaves, utterly powerless aside from the power God has given them.

You can look at the Jewish Question (LOL I made a Holocaust joke) with blinders on. But I don't.

I've had conversations before about the miraculous fulfillment of the Restoration Prophecy of Amos 9:12-15. The denialbots frequently point out that Israel would not likely have become a nation again if not for the international outpouring of goodwill toward the Jews resultant of the Holocaust - as if that is some evidence against the divine fulfillment of the prophecy.

Let's take a look at that. What bizarre twists of geopolitical reality would have to transpire for an otherwise relatively sane country like Germany to devolve to the point of baking Jews in ovens? Hitler, you say, was behind it - he skewed the German view with the power of his public persona.

Difficult to explain, that. Whence his strange charisma? He certainly was no looker. He had a fairly irritating voice. But he had an undefinable characteristic that made people follow him on his path to genocide. I wonder where that came from? Charm school you think?

One also wonders, what happened to Hitler, in his childhood most likely, to bring on this irrational hatred of Jews? Was it one incident, or many?

The path to the Holocaust itself is undoubtedly an ugly, winding road. Brought to you by the desert God of the Ancient Hebrews.

Tell me, Aint, have you ever read The Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn? There is an ancient Hebrew tradition called Shemitah. It is the Sabbath Year, and falls every 7 years on the Hebrew calendar.

The last day of Shemitah requires the forgiveness of all debts from the faithful. This is no longer practiced, BTW.

Interestingly, two of these cycles past, on the last day of the Shemitah, the day of debt forgiveness (Sept 17, 2001), the Dow Jones experienced its greatest one-day percentage drop in history.

More interestingly, on the last cycle of the Shemitah, on the last day mind you, debt forgiveness day (Sept 29, 2008), the Dow Jones experienced its greatest one-day point drop in history, the Crash of 2008.

God has his own agenda, and it's written on the Hebrew calendar.

I'll let you mull that one over. Post a satisfactory attempt at a rebuttal and I'll happily move forward to the numerous other reasons God exists.

Location hidden

#698873 Mar 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying that the last glaciation that occurred at exactly the right time is not the reason for a lack of fossils in the are covered by the ice?
I await you explanation of myth and magic then.
At exactly the right time for what? what about the lack of them around the globe?
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#698874 Mar 4, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
The Big Bang and evolution are two separate issues.
It's incredible how often we need to explain this.

Location hidden

#698875 Mar 4, 2014
tricki wrote:
Nothing presented here proves God isn't. Just the opposite. Of all the posts ever presented here, not one proves God is not
Dorothy, Dorothy is that you?

Location hidden

#698876 Mar 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is proven, there are multiply lines of complimentary evidence to confirm it happened and is happening right now.
Alright..
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#698877 Mar 4, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
"We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity. Our movement is Christian."
Adolf Hitler - the ultimate Christian Crusader
October 27, 1928
And as usual your head is up your ass Pomona Idiot. Hitler would only claim to support Christianity IF it would appease or arouse the masses in favor of Nazism during public speaking engagements. Hitler knew how to use the power of rhetoric and knew how to use any belief system to lie in support of his own religion: Nazism. So here are some real quotes from Hitler on both Christianity and Atheism. He thought both were wrong. He was his own God.

10th October, 1941, midday: "Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure." (Bormann 1953, p. 43).

14th October, 1941, midday

"The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity....
"Christianity has reached the peak of absurdity.... And that's why someday its structure will collapse....
"...the only way to get rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little....
"Christianity <is> the liar....
"We'll see to it that the Churches cannot spread abroad teachings in conflict with the interests of the State."

27th February, 1942, midday: "It would always be disagreeable for me to go down to posterity as a man who made concessions in this field. I realize that man, in his imperfection, can commit innumerable errors -- but to devote myself deliberately to errors, that is something I cannot do. I shall never come personally to terms with the Christian lie....Our epoch in the next 200 years will certainly see the end of the disease of Christianity.... My regret will have been that I couldn't... behold." (Bormann 1953, p. 278).

We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.

- Adolf Hitler, Speech in Berlin, October 24, 1933

So you see Screwge, Hitler spoke out of both sides of his mouth, saying whatever would cause the crowd to cheer. He lived for rhetoric and adulation. He was his own God, and neither Christianity nor atheism was safe. The ONLY religion that mattered to Hitler was Nazism.

And some of his quotes are eerily similar to yours.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#698878 Mar 4, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
There is no evidence that I will accept supporting the existence of any deity that will hold me accountable after I die.
No, YOU still don't get it! Atheism is a lack of belief in deities without evidence. There has never been a single scientific observation in support of the juvenile concepts of mythical deities or eternal souls.

Christian pseudoscience isn't science. However, you're an especially ignorant and cowardly Christian cultist who'll never be man enough to cope with life without your imaginary father figure in the sky and bravely accept your own mortality. In short, you're a scared shitless death-denying coward and national disgrace, punk!
Enlightened

Gallatin, TN

#698879 Mar 4, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, YOU still don't get it! Atheism is a lack of belief in deities without evidence. There has never been a single scientific observation in support of the juvenile concepts of mythical deities or eternal souls.
Christian pseudoscience isn't science. However, you're an especially ignorant and cowardly Christian cultist who'll never be man enough to cope with life without your imaginary father figure in the sky and bravely accept your own mortality. In short, you're a scared shitless death-denying coward and national disgrace, punk!
Sexy.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#698880 Mar 4, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you still got it wrong. Let me help you.
1. There is no evidence that I will accept supporting the existence of any deity that will hold me accountable after I die.
2. This justifies my choice to not beleive in one and to believe I will die free of judgement.
3. Therefore, I will not believe in the Son of Man, I will not do it Sam I Am.
There, that's more honest. You're welcome.:)
"No evidence that you'll accept"?

Okay, you've stopped thinking, if you3489
ever did.

I, on the other hand, will acknowledge deity upon proof..

Won't stop me from joining the Resistance.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#698881 Mar 4, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
I also believe in science, advancing medicine. those are human achievements. but God is more powerful and intelligent than humans. humans can never achieve that level. only a real God is in that level and can perform Miracles.
let me know if pure human science and medicine can excel the power of faith and prayer in healing people.
I believe, human science and medicine are more effective if combined with faith and prayers.
If you believe your bible, doesn't it say in genesis, after Adam and Eve ate the apple. "And the lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: therefore the lord god sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from which he was taken"

He has become as one of us. A god. In Genesis, it states that mankind was the same as god. So you cant say we don't understand. Your bible says we can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 3 min Paul McCartney is... 65
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 53 min Paul McCartney is... 657
Am I Starting To Like My Step-Cousin? 1 hr IDontWantThis 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Aura Mytha 42,523
HOLLYWOOD striving to delete prayer from scripts 2 hr haha 2
Are your Topix comments helping...or hurting ot... 2 hr haha 2
____ #1 Shock Warning for End Time USA ____ 5 hr Nov 2017 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 hr Robert F 690,621
More from around the web