Prove there's a god.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#698295 Mar 2, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"Yes the bible has been re-written and translated many times over the years. It's a given that it has. HOWEVER, not for the reasons you would like to think.
The King James commission didn't have adequate knowledge of Greek or Hebrew, nor of the customs or cultures. The King James translation team basically had to even invent new English words to compensate for that lack of knowledge."
You would think a real God would have taken better care of "His" instruction manual. You know; like make sure it was done right the first time.
Well that's where your understanding fails. It's not an instruction manual. And what makes you think God should've done it differently. One of the best ways to allow people to learn is to allow them to make minor mistakes. Give it some serious thought. If God knew that mistakes would be made, then He also knew they would be corrected in good time. And sure enough, they have been. And the learning continues.:)
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698298 Mar 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> But you said you would answer any question, that's not an answer..LIAR!!!!!!!
lol
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#698300 Mar 2, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Haha. Yes, copy/paste, the word Roman makes your fallacious assertions true. Weird. Just weird.
There is no way that Santa Claus is based on prior myths. There were no shingle roofs before!
Uh, the Christ didn't die. It got better the straws you grasp are pathetic.
They may seem weird, but only to those who haven't taken the time to understand the ancient cultures and their languages. Your Santa Claus comparison is a weak straw man argument. But thanks for playing.:)

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#698303 Mar 2, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to be honest. You're partially correct. Not in the way you think you are (or would like to be) but correct nonetheless.
Yes the bible has been re-written and translated many times over the years. It's a given that it has. HOWEVER, not for the reasons you would like to think.
The King James commission didn't have adequate knowledge of Greek or Hebrew, nor of the customs or cultures. The King James translation team basically had to even invent new English words to compensate for that lack of knowledge.
As time has gone by though, we have discovered more and more early manuscripts and we have improved our knowledge of the Greek and Hebrew languages, and our cultural knowledge as well. So the Bibles we have today aren't based upon what we would *like* them to mean (with the exception of a few denominations - and yes I have to admit a few dishonest organizations have done just that) but rather are based on new discoveries and continuing education regarding ancient languages and cultures.
Now I'll address your bias against the bible on the grounds that it has been re-translated many times. It doesn't hold water. Here's why:
Consider medical books from the 1600s or 1700s. Some of the medical practices of those times are barbaric by today's standards. So who took the lead in making corrections? Why physicians of course! It sure as hell wasn't "Joe the village blacksmith" now was it? Or the plumbers local union. You get the idea. Any written work that proposes or advocates any kind of doctrine is going to be improved from within that specific community. Doctors learned to decrease the risk of infection and developed treatments for infection. Where would humanity be if they didn't? So your charge that the bible was re-written and translated to fit a certain ideal really doesn't hold;
New translations exist because we have learned and discovered more of the ancient past. I say this sincerely. Try to put some of your bias aside and look at issues from a new perspective. Becoming a Christian is a choice that is yours alone. But I would suggest that you take off the blinders and realize that not all of us want to force anything on you, and we're not all as bad as you might want to think we are.
RE: your comments about medical books:

Medicine is science. It's something we can observe, watch, experiment with---and repeat.

Not so with Abrahamic theism. All you guys do is change everything in your bibles every few years. How many more times will you all change it before you finally get it "right?"

And as far as becoming a christian goes, I'll gladly pass on that.

I had three "good christians" break into my home a couple of years ago. They vanalized the outside, spraypainted Exodus 22:18 all over it, and one of them had a .32 semi auto with which he shot my dog and planned on shooting me. It was, as they explained to the cops, in the name of "scaring Satan out of me." After nearly two and a half years, Marlowe still limps when the weather turns cold and damp.

So you'll just have to excuse me if I don't think much of the buybull or christianity.
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698304 Mar 2, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>No, there are a million historical gods and 6 billion contemporaneous gods, but, god dammit, that sidewalk was dry in that there circle. No parlor tricks!, Siegfried, not Roy!
there are 79 trillion 904 billion 244 million 618 thousand and 915 gods.

(or more. when you are too chicken to define the term. morons)
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698306 Mar 2, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
RE: your comments about medical books:
Medicine is science. It's something we can observe, watch, experiment with---and repeat.
Not so with Abrahamic theism. All you guys do is change everything in your bibles every few years. How many more times will you all change it before you finally get it "right?"
And as far as becoming a christian goes, I'll gladly pass on that.
I had three "good christians" break into my home a couple of years ago. They vanalized the outside, spraypainted Exodus 22:18 all over it, and one of them had a .32 semi auto with which he shot my dog and planned on shooting me. It was, as they explained to the cops, in the name of "scaring Satan out of me." After nearly two and a half years, Marlowe still limps when the weather turns cold and damp.
So you'll just have to excuse me if I don't think much of the buybull or christianity.
hey krazie witch Dorothy, you might want to let someone with something interesting to share, post every few years
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698309 Mar 2, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>There are zero contemporaneous accounts of an itinerant Jewish preacher named Jesus, despite the ubiquitousness of that name is those nascent times. Ridiculously so, since it is impossible to establish the existence of a quasi-human or fully human character at that time, the supernatural existence of a Christ is laughable at best and insane asylum worthy at worst. You wear it well.
amalgam, you can try, but sweetheart you got no credibility until you apologize.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#698311 Mar 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I'll say that over time things adapted and changed accordingly, but still, each species was unto itself and not Evolved! Your attempt at sarcasm falls short karl, seeing as how that's the only way I expect you'd reply.
was not sarcasm buddy

evolution is a fact

your lack of education is your problem and does not alter reality

nor does your paranoia and fear

nor does your desire for a father figure and security.
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698313 Mar 2, 2014
14 out of 20 are Dorothy's.

you should avoid drugs when you are dying of lung cancer. i see you are not going to go quietly or peacefully
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698315 Mar 2, 2014
8 of 11 are dorothy's

Location hidden

#698316 Mar 2, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Find a followup vid of that same child a few months or a year later with no residual problems or remnants, and you might have something.
Eh?
first vid faked

faith healers, where is the fraud squad?
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698317 Mar 2, 2014
"I had three "good christians" break into my home a couple of years ago. They vanalized the outside, spraypainted Exodus 22:18 all over it, and one of them had a .32 semi auto with which he shot my dog and planned on shooting me. It was, as they explained to the cops, in the name of "scaring Satan out of me." After nearly two and a half years, Marlowe still limps when the weather turns cold and damp."

it was a .44 magnum and you're lucky we just wanted to scare you
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698318 Mar 2, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"Yes the bible has been re-written and translated many times over the years. It's a given that it has. HOWEVER, not for the reasons you would like to think.
The King James commission didn't have adequate knowledge of Greek or Hebrew, nor of the customs or cultures. The King James translation team basically had to even invent new English words to compensate for that lack of knowledge."
You would think a real God would have taken better care of "His" instruction manual. You know; like make sure it was done right the first time.
it was perfect

Location hidden

#698319 Mar 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Hitler saying he was Christian don't mean anything. I tell myself everyday that I am not a Drug Addict, knowing that I am but still I try to convince myself that I am not. Good and Evil are not unto them self, They need an outlet, a tool if you will, now if Evil was trying to accomplish something, how do you think it would go about it? By Deception of course, Hitler was deceiving the same people that put him in power so he could do as he wished, he had to have the approval of the people to do that! He was Catholic, so that alone should tell you a lot about him and his backing of convincing the people. Fear is a powerful tool for controlling the way he did. The people Feared him not Respected. A big difference.
try english

if this is the best you can do, try an education

It matters not what Hitler actually believed, the thing to see is that a christian nation produced his evil. Just another of the horrific abuses produced by christianity add to the list of the Inquisition, the Crusades, the extermination of the natives of the Americas and of Australia.

Proof positive that the christian philosophy is one of hate and death.
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698320 Mar 2, 2014
James M. Tour, a synthetic organic chemist, received his Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry from Syracuse University, his Ph.D. in synthetic organic and organometallic chemistry from Purdue University, and postdoctoral training in synthetic organic chemistry at the University of Wisconsin and Stanford University. After spending 11 years on the faculty of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of South Carolina, he joined the Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology at Rice University in 1999 where he is presently the T. T. and W. F. Chao Professor of Chemistry, Professor of Computer Science, and Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science. Tour’s scientific research areas include nanoelectronics, graphene electronics, silicon oxide electronics, carbon nanovectors for medical applications, green carbon research for enhanced oil recovery and environmentally friendly oil and gas extraction, graphene photovoltaics, carbon supercapacitors, lithium ion batteries, CO2 capture, water splitting to H2 and O2, water purification, carbon nanotube and graphene synthetic modifications, graphene oxide, carbon composites, hydrogen storage on nanoengineered carbon scaffolds, and synthesis of single-molecule nanomachines which includes molecular motors and nanocars. He has also developed strategies for retarding chemical terrorist attacks. For pre-college education, Tour developed the NanoKids concept for K-12 education in nanoscale science, and also Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar Hero science packages for elementary and middle school education: SciRave ( www.scirave.org ) which later expanded to Stemscopes-based SciRave ( http://stemscopes.com/scirave/ ). The SciRave program has risen to be the #1 most widely adopted program in Texas to complement science instruction, and it is currently used by over 450 school districts and 40,000 teachers with over 1 million student downloads.

Location hidden

#698321 Mar 2, 2014
y

mosty

just all the god stuff is lies 4-sure

Location hidden

#698322 Mar 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was developed by more than one hundred scholars working from the best available Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts.
It's what they call an "original translation".
The translators of the NIV did not use any previously translated material, including the KJV. In essence, they just pretended it didn't exist and started over.
really

they used only material that was still in the orginal language in which it was written?

Location hidden

#698323 Mar 2, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
wonderful.
your point?
ever wonder why it is, that you understand so little?

Pray for an explanation
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698324 Mar 2, 2014
I will tell you as a scientist and a synthetic chemist: if anybody should be able to understand evolution, it is me, because I make molecules for a living, and I don’t just buy a kit, and mix this and mix this, and get that. I mean, ab initio, I make molecules. I understand how hard it is to make molecules. I understand that if I take Nature’s tool kit, it could be much easier, because all the tools are already there, and I just mix it in the proportions, and I do it under these conditions, but ab initio is very, very hard. tour

Location hidden

#698325 Mar 2, 2014
tricki wrote:
which words that jesus spoke and have brought him world wide honor were not his? be specific
which words do you credit to the jesus ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Phooey 654,679
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 20 min Bran 59
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 26 min Dr Sochs 65,117
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min Pegasus 281,981
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,608
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 45,318
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 2 hr Toby 862
More from around the web