Prove there's a god.

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#698268 Mar 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Very good one RR! One of my favorites.
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text> I sometimes wish I had been born a thousand years ago...
*I* wish you'd been born a thousand years ago, too. That way, I'd never have had the displeasure of meeting you on the net.
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=skxi4NTqFlwXX
...and the most anxiety I ever felt was for the cows needing relief from their burden of milk.
I think I would have made a most excellent milkmaid.:)
Actually, you really are quite the milkmaid, son. Go back to milking your snake.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#698269 Mar 2, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
there is only one God. the God who answered almost all my prayers. that is the real God. the God who let me witness a real Miracle last June 30, 2011. that is the one and only God. others maybe worshipping their own God, but I believe they are all worshipping the God that I am worshipping.
you are trying to avoid discussing the Miracle of a boy who got healed by faith healers. the link that I provided to you is a real proof that Miracles do happen, and that God is present. I believe you can not argue anymore because that Miracle of a boy who got healed by faith healers is caught on video. you can not argue anymore that God is not existing. that Miracle on video is a great proof that God is present. there are so many Miracles that are caught on video camera. all you have to do is, be open minded, watch them and stop denying God's existence because, God does really exists. There a real God.
So, just to be clear...there's only one god...the god who makes Andet's wishes come true?

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#698270 Mar 2, 2014
trickI wrote:
The new testament is the inerrant word of God. It is evidence that Jesus lived and did what they say he did. Many have tried to prove it is anything other than that. They failed.
If anyone thinks she can dispute its accuracy, do your homework and you will discover otherwise. If after doing research, you cannot find the answer you are looking for, post it here. I will be happy to help you
What did Jesus mean when he said, this generation shall not pass before you witness the second coming of the son of man?

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#698271 Mar 2, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stating all this as though it was fact; it isn't.
It's mythology; remember?
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Well it seems that a lot of people think it is, I was only giving my opinion as to why it wasn't the infallible word of God kait, you seem like you wanna be convinced it's myth?
I *know* christianity is myth, I've *shown* you that. There isn't one little bit of it that hasn't been stolen from an older myth.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#698272 Mar 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Absolutely not! I believe in this energy you speak of, but if one believes that energy will carry out a wish.. well, sounds pretty supernatural, don't you think?
No.

Location hidden

#698273 Mar 2, 2014
<quoted text>
You're stating all this as though it was fact; it isn't.
It's mythology; remember?
<quoted text>
I *know* christianity is myth, I've *shown* you that. There isn't one little bit of it that hasn't been stolen from an older myth.
Yes Kait, I have stated several times that I thought that, but how do you, we, us know that our myth wasn't their reality? Stories become Legend and Legend becomes Myth! There is no way in he!! all them ancient cultures had that mass delusion. I will never and can not be convinced of that! You have gave me your opinion but I have my own..

Location hidden

#698274 Mar 2, 2014
<quoted text>
No.
No? Then what do you think it is that carries out that wish?
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#698275 Mar 2, 2014
To suit their liking.
Got it.
<quoted text>
A very accurate opinion, and you hate knowing that.
This bible of yours has been re-edited, re-translated, re-interpreted and re-written hundreds of times; and you'll just have to face the fact that it will *continue* to be re-edited, re-translated, re-interpreted and re-written until it finally means whatever the true believers *want* it to mean.
I have to be honest. You're partially correct. Not in the way you think you are (or would like to be) but correct nonetheless.

Yes the bible has been re-written and translated many times over the years. It's a given that it has. HOWEVER, not for the reasons you would like to think.

The King James commission didn't have adequate knowledge of Greek or Hebrew, nor of the customs or cultures. The King James translation team basically had to even invent new English words to compensate for that lack of knowledge.

As time has gone by though, we have discovered more and more early manuscripts and we have improved our knowledge of the Greek and Hebrew languages, and our cultural knowledge as well. So the Bibles we have today aren't based upon what we would *like* them to mean (with the exception of a few denominations - and yes I have to admit a few dishonest organizations have done just that) but rather are based on new discoveries and continuing education regarding ancient languages and cultures.

Now I'll address your bias against the bible on the grounds that it has been re-translated many times. It doesn't hold water. Here's why:

Consider medical books from the 1600s or 1700s. Some of the medical practices of those times are barbaric by today's standards. So who took the lead in making corrections? Why physicians of course! It sure as hell wasn't "Joe the village blacksmith" now was it? Or the plumbers local union. You get the idea. Any written work that proposes or advocates any kind of doctrine is going to be improved from within that specific community. Doctors learned to decrease the risk of infection and developed treatments for infection. Where would humanity be if they didn't? So your charge that the bible was re-written and translated to fit a certain ideal really doesn't hold. New translations exist because we have learned and discovered more of the ancient past. I say this sincerely. Try to put some of your bias aside and look at issues from a new perspective. Becoming a Christian is a choice that is yours alone. But I would suggest that you take off the blinders and realize that not all of us want to force anything on you, and we're not all as bad as you might want to think we are.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#698276 Mar 2, 2014
tricki wrote:
tricki wrote:
But God? How can there be a God? Well, why not? Well where is he? I have never seen him. Why doesn't he reveal himself? Nature. What about nature? How did it get here? Good question. God? Really? Why God? Why would God make nature? It is pretty for sure
Argumentem ad ignorantem.
Next. <quoted text>
methuselah, here you go my friend. this is ignoramus from ig·no·ra·mus&#716;ign& #601;&#712;r&#257;m &#601;s,-&#712;ram &#601;s
what about nature? how did it get here? take all the time you'd like
Completely and utterly non-responsive.

You really don't know how this sh!t works, do you?
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698277 Mar 2, 2014
Actually, there's absolutely no scientific evidence of design. Intelligent Design isn't science. Do you really tale great personal pride in totally humiliating yourself in an international forum, punk? amalgam the liar and complete idiot

this degenerate fool wants to be included. too bad, amalgam. you lied about jesus for years. you had the chance to confess but you ran away. 2L2L2BAD
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#698278 Mar 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes Kait, I have stated several times that I thought that, but how do you, we, us know that our myth wasn't their reality? Stories become Legend and Legend becomes Myth! There is no way in he!! all them ancient cultures had that mass delusion. I will never and can not be convinced of that! You have gave me your opinion but I have my own..
There is no way that Christianity can be based upon prior myths. Here's why:

There is NO religion previous to Christianity that has it's founder dying by Roman crucifixion for the sins of man to reconcile them to God, and rising in a glorified state again. None. And nobody in the first century would have ever invented such a story. It would be ludicrous to do so!

Internet skeptics like to publish lists of rising and dying deities and claim Christianity borrowed from them. But if you look at the smaller details, you'll see that no other religion has what we do. Not even close.

Here's one example. Jesus on the cross cried out "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" If I was trying to invent and promote a new movement, I wouldn't have my founder dying by execution (the most brutal form of execution known at that time) and crying out in despair. If you look at Islam or Buddhism you see Mohammed and Buddha dying with wise or heroic words at the end. Not by execution for treason. And not crying out.

The principle of embarrassment in historical events basically is that if an embarrassing detail is included BY THE COMMUNITY IN WHICH IT HAPPENED, then it is much more likely to be TRUE.
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698279 Mar 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> What did Jesus mean when he said, this generation shall not pass before you witness the second coming of the son of man?
look it up.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#698280 Mar 2, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to be honest. You're partially correct. Not in the way you think you are (or would like to be) but correct nonetheless.
Yes the bible has been re-written and translated many times over the years. It's a given that it has. HOWEVER, not for the reasons you would like to think.
The King James commission didn't have adequate knowledge of Greek or Hebrew, nor of the customs or cultures. The King James translation team basically had to even invent new English words to compensate for that lack of knowledge.
As time has gone by though, we have discovered more and more early manuscripts and we have improved our knowledge of the Greek and Hebrew languages, and our cultural knowledge as well. So the Bibles we have today aren't based upon what we would *like* them to mean (with the exception of a few denominations - and yes I have to admit a few dishonest organizations have done just that) but rather are based on new discoveries and continuing education regarding ancient languages and cultures.
Now I'll address your bias against the bible on the grounds that it has been re-translated many times. It doesn't hold water. Here's why:
Consider medical books from the 1600s or 1700s. Some of the medical practices of those times are barbaric by today's standards. So who took the lead in making corrections? Why physicians of course! It sure as hell wasn't "Joe the village blacksmith" now was it? Or the plumbers local union. You get the idea. Any written work that proposes or advocates any kind of doctrine is going to be improved from within that specific community. Doctors learned to decrease the risk of infection and developed treatments for infection. Where would humanity be if they didn't? So your charge that the bible was re-written and translated to fit a certain ideal really doesn't hold. New translations exist because we have learned and discovered more of the ancient past. I say this sincerely. Try to put some of your bias aside and look at issues from a new perspective. Becoming a Christian is a choice that is yours alone. But I would suggest that you take off the blinders and realize that not all of us want to force anything on you, and we're not all as bad as you might want to think we are.
You write:
"Yes the bible has been re-written and translated many times over the years. It's a given that it has. HOWEVER, not for the reasons you would like to think.

The King James commission didn't have adequate knowledge of Greek or Hebrew, nor of the customs or cultures. The King James translation team basically had to even invent new English words to compensate for that lack of knowledge."

You would think a real God would have taken better care of "His" instruction manual. You know; like make sure it was done right the first time.

Location hidden

#698281 Mar 2, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
look it up.
But you said you would answer any question, that's not an answer..LIAR!!!!!!!
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698282 Mar 2, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So, just to be clear...there's only one god...the god who makes Andet's wishes come true?
BWAHAHAHAHA!
funny. this boob finds mocking humor in someone's conception of god, despite her lack of any definition for god herself. you are a riot babe

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#698283 Mar 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes Kait, I have stated several times that I thought that, but how do you, we, us know that our myth wasn't their reality? Stories become Legend and Legend becomes Myth! There is no way in he!! all them ancient cultures had that mass delusion. I will never and can not be convinced of that! You have gave me your opinion but I have my own..

It's really fairly easy to dismiss Christianity. All you have to do is discredit (already done of course) the Bible.

If we can tell that much of the Old Testament is false, and we can, that is a real good indicator that the whole thing is false...a construct of men' imaginations.

The whole Hebrew foundational myth of the Christian religion is known to be false.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#698284 Mar 2, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
Becoming a Christian is a choice that is yours alone. But I would suggest that you take off the blinders and realize that not all of us want to force anything on you, and we're not all as bad as you might want to think we are.
As a rational person, I suggest that all death-denying cowardly Christian cultists seek professional help for their mental illness. Religious addiction is a treatable mental illness and the days of this abomination being a socially acceptable mental illness are coming to an end.

There's probably little chance an especially ignorant and cowardly Christian cultist like you will ever be successfully de-converted. You'd rather make a complete ass of yourself in an international forum by posting biblical bullshit and Christian pseudoscience than bravely accept your own mortality.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#698285 Mar 2, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
There is no way that Christianity can be based upon prior myths.
You're on quite a role today even by your low standards. Are you trying to break a daily record for posting definitively wrong statements? It's historical fact that Christianity is a derivative religious cult with very little originality. Its disingenuous founders engaged in a program to destroy as many of the original documents as possible. You're a shameless coward making a complete ass of yourself in an international forum!

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#698286 Mar 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> No? Then what do you think it is that carries out that wish?
My energy, and my will.
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698291 Mar 2, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Completely and utterly non-responsive.
You really don't know how this sh!t works, do you?
i wish you'd enlighten me. be my guest.(sure. this is when they normally bolt)

"Let me tell you what goes on in the back rooms of science – with National Academy members, with Nobel Prize winners. I have sat with them, and when I get them alone, not in public – because it’s a scary thing, if you say what I just said – I say,“Do you understand all of this, where all of this came from, and how this happens?” Every time that I have sat with people who are synthetic chemists, who understand this, they go “Uh-uh. Nope.” These people are just so far off, on how to believe this stuff came together. I’ve sat with National Academy members, with Nobel Prize winners. Sometimes I will say,“Do you understand this?” And if they’re afraid to say “Yes,” they say nothing. They just stare at me, because they can’t sincerely do it." James Tour

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 30 min Steve III 501
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 40 min WasteWater 2,601
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Thinking 64,617
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Steve III 654,424
Calgary Plumbers 1 hr calgaryplumbers 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 45,287
desperate to pee (Mar '09) 1 hr get real 210
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Dr Banonator 106,610
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr MUQ2 281,954
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr X Pendable 183,219
More from around the web