Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#698319 Mar 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Hitler saying he was Christian don't mean anything. I tell myself everyday that I am not a Drug Addict, knowing that I am but still I try to convince myself that I am not. Good and Evil are not unto them self, They need an outlet, a tool if you will, now if Evil was trying to accomplish something, how do you think it would go about it? By Deception of course, Hitler was deceiving the same people that put him in power so he could do as he wished, he had to have the approval of the people to do that! He was Catholic, so that alone should tell you a lot about him and his backing of convincing the people. Fear is a powerful tool for controlling the way he did. The people Feared him not Respected. A big difference.
try english

if this is the best you can do, try an education

It matters not what Hitler actually believed, the thing to see is that a christian nation produced his evil. Just another of the horrific abuses produced by christianity add to the list of the Inquisition, the Crusades, the extermination of the natives of the Americas and of Australia.

Proof positive that the christian philosophy is one of hate and death.
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698320 Mar 2, 2014
James M. Tour, a synthetic organic chemist, received his Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry from Syracuse University, his Ph.D. in synthetic organic and organometallic chemistry from Purdue University, and postdoctoral training in synthetic organic chemistry at the University of Wisconsin and Stanford University. After spending 11 years on the faculty of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of South Carolina, he joined the Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology at Rice University in 1999 where he is presently the T. T. and W. F. Chao Professor of Chemistry, Professor of Computer Science, and Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science. Tour’s scientific research areas include nanoelectronics, graphene electronics, silicon oxide electronics, carbon nanovectors for medical applications, green carbon research for enhanced oil recovery and environmentally friendly oil and gas extraction, graphene photovoltaics, carbon supercapacitors, lithium ion batteries, CO2 capture, water splitting to H2 and O2, water purification, carbon nanotube and graphene synthetic modifications, graphene oxide, carbon composites, hydrogen storage on nanoengineered carbon scaffolds, and synthesis of single-molecule nanomachines which includes molecular motors and nanocars. He has also developed strategies for retarding chemical terrorist attacks. For pre-college education, Tour developed the NanoKids concept for K-12 education in nanoscale science, and also Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar Hero science packages for elementary and middle school education: SciRave ( www.scirave.org ) which later expanded to Stemscopes-based SciRave ( http://stemscopes.com/scirave/ ). The SciRave program has risen to be the #1 most widely adopted program in Texas to complement science instruction, and it is currently used by over 450 school districts and 40,000 teachers with over 1 million student downloads.

Location hidden

#698321 Mar 2, 2014
y

mosty

just all the god stuff is lies 4-sure

Location hidden

#698322 Mar 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was developed by more than one hundred scholars working from the best available Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts.
It's what they call an "original translation".
The translators of the NIV did not use any previously translated material, including the KJV. In essence, they just pretended it didn't exist and started over.
really

they used only material that was still in the orginal language in which it was written?

Location hidden

#698323 Mar 2, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
wonderful.
your point?
ever wonder why it is, that you understand so little?

Pray for an explanation
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698324 Mar 2, 2014
I will tell you as a scientist and a synthetic chemist: if anybody should be able to understand evolution, it is me, because I make molecules for a living, and I don’t just buy a kit, and mix this and mix this, and get that. I mean, ab initio, I make molecules. I understand how hard it is to make molecules. I understand that if I take Nature’s tool kit, it could be much easier, because all the tools are already there, and I just mix it in the proportions, and I do it under these conditions, but ab initio is very, very hard. tour

Location hidden

#698325 Mar 2, 2014
tricki wrote:
which words that jesus spoke and have brought him world wide honor were not his? be specific
which words do you credit to the jesus ?
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698326 Mar 2, 2014
I don’t understand evolution, and I will confess that to you. Is that OK, for me to say,“I don’t understand this”? Is that all right? I know that there’s a lot of people out there that don’t understand anything about organic synthesis, but they understand evolution. I understand a lot about making molecules; I don’t understand evolution. And you would just say that, wow, I must be really unusual. tour

Dorothy, when are you going to delete these tour posts?

why did you fail to answer my questions about your other deletions today? embarrassed? don't want others to know what a petty little lying crybaby you are?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#698327 Mar 2, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
there are 79 trillion 904 billion 244 million 618 thousand and 915 gods.
(or more. when you are too chicken to define the term. morons)
And only one of you, thank god; which is still one too many.
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698328 Mar 2, 2014
karl44 wrote:
y
mosty
just all the god stuff is lies 4-sure
i'm gonna give more weight to tour. i know you mean well.

are you asymptomatic?
Enlightened

Gallatin, TN

#698329 Mar 2, 2014
Tiresome atheists, don't you realize how silly you sound?

Don't you understand how many things you don't understand?

Here you are, prattling on about God, and you don't even know what's happening in your own hometown. Who's on the take? Who's banging who?

Your country is at war, all over the planet, people are dying, maybe friends of yours. And you don't have the first idea why. You can parrot what you're told by your beloved media, but deep inside, you know it's a lie. Is there a secret Military-Industrial Complex keeping the planet in a constant state of highly-profitable warfare? How would you know?

Your economy is in shambles. Every day, week, month, year, you struggle more and more to get by, while the rich keep getting richer. You can act like you know why, but if you really did, you'd be rich too. Who's pulling all the strings at the top of your food chain? They're human beings, right here on the same planet as you, but you can't even name them.

Even you yourself are a lie. Sure, you might have a few unique characteristics left, after a lifetime of conforming to those around you, but for the most part, you are merely a creation of society. Left to your own devices, you'd never wear those clothes, work that job, be that person that you have to be. You're false, right to the core.

You're all so full of shit, layer after layer of it, so insincere in your motives, so blind to the big picture, so utterly ignorant of practically EVERYTHING, that you are literally incapable of providing truly insightful commentary about anything outside your immediate sphere of influence, which is so irrelevant to the rest of humanity that if you disappeared completely right this second, we would not skip even the tiniest beat. You are nothing.

Yet here you are, acting as if you know it all about eternity, infinity, the meaning of life, the meaning of death, the origins of all things.

You know NOTHING. Even your haphazard guesses, which you have turned into the worst kind of ideological dogma, are nothing. The universe is a million times more complicated than you will ever grasp in your lifetime, yet in your supreme arrogance you hold forth assertively that you have the answer: There is no God, you have ascertained this in your blithering state of absolute ignorance.

Well, I have news for you. Even from the standpoint of plain and simple common sense, it is more rational to believe that there is a God.

You atheists are, in fact, the ones espousing the irrational belief.

And you base it on what? The fact that there are a few fairy tales about God? Well, there are a few fairy tales about Robin Hood, Achilles, and King Arthur too, but guess what? They were all quite real.

Get a grip, atheist blowhards. You know less than nothing, you know lies, propaganda, and uneducated guesses. Furthermore, you have no argument whatsoever. I can make a better argument that trees don't exist than you can against God.

Or hey, continue to spew your nonsense. It's always funny to hear it, always interesting to consider the kind of person who would actually care enough about other people's beliefs to blather on and on about it, and always fun to meet your masochistic needs by beating you down verbally. No one deserves it more.
Faith love

Columbus, OH

#698331 Mar 2, 2014
For some odd reason this planet is positioned just far enough from the sun , not to be to hot to support life and not too far away from the sun for us to freeze to death. Just look out your window and observe the wonders of nature. I can not believe that a big bang has created such beauty and
amazing creatures as we have. And that man came from a one cell creature. Only GOD ! The Great I Am could create our Earth and Heavens.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#698333 Mar 2, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, like Focus on the Family, the American Family Association, every church in America (billions of tax-exempt nonsense), Halliburton, Lockheed-Martin, and the rest of the disgusting, inhuman succubi that you sold your ridiculous, bigoted soul to.
Your atheist churches are tax-exempt too, hypocrite.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#698335 Mar 2, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
Here you are, prattling on about God, and you don't even know what's happening in your own hometown. Who's on the take? Who's banging who?
Your country is at war, all over the planet, people are dying, maybe friends of yours. And you don't have the first idea why. You can parrot what you're told by your beloved media, but deep inside, you know it's a lie. Is there a secret Military-Industrial Complex keeping the planet in a constant state of highly-profitable warfare? How would you know?
Your economy is in shambles. Every day, week, month, year, you struggle more and more to get by, while the rich keep getting richer. You can act like you know why, but if you really did, you'd be rich too. Who's pulling all the strings at the top of your food chain? They're human beings, right here on the same planet as you, but you can't even name them.
Even you yourself are a lie. Sure, you might have a few unique characteristics left, after a lifetime of conforming to those around you, but for the most part, you are merely a creation of society. Left to your own devices, you'd never wear those clothes, work that job, be that person that you have to be. You're false, right to the core.
You're all so full of shit, layer after layer of it, so insincere in your motives, so blind to the big picture, so utterly ignorant of practically EVERYTHING, that you are literally incapable of providing truly insightful commentary about anything outside your immediate sphere of influence, which is so irrelevant to the rest of humanity that if you disappeared completely right this second, we would not skip even the tiniest beat. You are nothing.
Yet here you are, acting as if you know it all about eternity, infinity, the meaning of life, the meaning of death, the origins of all things.
You know NOTHING. Even your haphazard guesses, which you have turned into the worst kind of ideological dogma, are nothing. The universe is a million times more complicated than you will ever grasp in your lifetime, yet in your supreme arrogance you hold forth assertively that you have the answer: There is no God, you have ascertained this in your blithering state of absolute ignorance.
Well, I have news for you. Even from the standpoint of plain and simple common sense, it is more rational to believe that there is a God.
And you base it on what? The fact that there are a few fairy tales about God? Well, there are a few fairy tales about Robin Hood, Achilles, and King Arthur too, but guess what? They were all quite real.
Get a grip, atheist blowhards. You know less than nothing, you know lies, propaganda, and uneducated guesses. Furthermore, you have no argument whatsoever. I can make a better argument that trees don't exist than you can against God.
Or hey, continue to spew your nonsense. It's always funny to hear it, always interesting to consider the kind of person who would actually care enough about other people's beliefs to blather on and on about it, and always fun to meet your masochistic needs by beating you down verbally. No one deserves it more.
"Interesting to consider the kind of person who would actually care enough about other people's beliefs to blather on and on about it"

You don't say? Well blather on ¼ watt enlightened.
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#698338 Mar 2, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
And only one of you, thank god; which is still one too many.
that reminds me krazie Dorothy sun struck witch, when are you going to start posting a little more?
Enlightened

Gallatin, TN

#698339 Mar 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
"Interesting to consider the kind of person who would actually care enough about other people's beliefs to blather on and on about it"
You don't say? Well blather on ¼ watt enlightened.
I have a simple motive, Aura - I enjoy arguing with atheists. What's your reason for trying to convince people that God doesn't exist?
Enlightened

Gallatin, TN

#698340 Mar 2, 2014
Faith love wrote:
For some odd reason this planet is positioned just far enough from the sun , not to be to hot to support life and not too far away from the sun for us to freeze to death. Just look out your window and observe the wonders of nature. I can not believe that a big bang has created such beauty and
amazing creatures as we have. And that man came from a one cell creature. Only GOD ! The Great I Am could create our Earth and Heavens.
Faith love wrote:
Faith, that's called the Teleological Argument For God, and it is one of numerous deductive arguments that point to God's existence as opposed to his non-existence.

The counterpoint to that argument is that mankind arose in deference to, or resultant of, the conditions which exist and keep us alive and thriving, i.e., on a planet that is 800 degrees hotter and has a methane atmosphere, a different kind of life form could exist.

The counterpoint to the counterpoint is, we are all made of star-stuff. Any life form on any planet would necessarily have to be carbon-based, like the life forms on this planet, because that is the stuff of life, the matter floating around the cosmos in an ever-expanding arc created by the original Big Bang - which is, BTW, where our beliefs differ. I don't think the belief that God created the universe locks Christians into believing the Genesis creation mythology, I believe we are allowed to use our eyes, brains, and the collective knowledge of our species to see a bigger picture. But I digress.

It is very, very questionable whether or not a carbon-based life form could exist in any other conditions than these on Earth, though it is certainly likely, if not certain, that other Earth-like planets do exist.

The Teleological Argument is a strong one, though.

Other deductive arguments you might find interesting are the Cosmological Argument From Contingency, the Ontological Argument, the Inductive Argument, and the Kalam Cosmological Argument, all of which end with a "W" on God's side and a griping, much-begrudged "L" for atheists.

If you have a couple hours to spend, you should consider watching the debate between Christopher Hitchens and William Lane Craig on YouTube. Hitch gets his fat ass handed to him. I guess I could post a link -

In any case, you can at least take comfort that your side HAS an argument.

The atheist argument is "Derp, derp, derp."
Enlightened

Gallatin, TN

#698341 Mar 2, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Curiously you blame your fellow mortals while your omnipotents idles by powerlessly. Your myth is an absentee lordlord, a worthless figment, a ridiculous apparition you've composed in your own image. Ask yourself one question. Answer it honestly. When was the last time your "god" disagreed with you.
Why would God disagree with me? I'm a free creature with free will. He'll judge me when I am done with my time on this planet. Meanwhile I've got a life to live, and I will live it my way.

The proverbial "Word of God" is part of all of us, even you, Ipsy, since the Resurrection.

"But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." - Jeremiah 31:33

So you see, Ipsy, you already know what God wants from you. You know when you're doing something right, and you know when you're doing something wrong. You don't need some book to tell you about it.

Neither do I. If God "disagrees" with you, you know it before it even happens.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#698342 Mar 2, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
You write:
"Get a grip, atheist blowhards. You know less than nothing, you know lies, propaganda, and uneducated guesses. Furthermore, you have no argument whatsoever. I can make a better argument that trees don't exist than you can against God."

I'm sorry dude but.....you're full of sh!t.

You funky wacko fundatards are the purveyors of lies, propaganda, and uneducated guesses.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#698343 Mar 2, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
really
they used only material that was still in the orginal language in which it was written?
That's correct. There are over 5,000 copies or fragments of copies of the N.T. and the knowledge of Greek, Aramaic, and Hebrew is so much more advanced today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Cat 88,547
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Michael 703,844
mgtow 27 min GotIt 15
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 59 min ChromiuMan 6,924
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 1 hr Choicerocks 8
Why are women from USA prefer casual dating ove... 1 hr Choicerocks 4
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 2 hr Choicerocks 21