tricki

Philadelphia, PA

#697635 Feb 28, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the M.O. of atheists here. They make an 'a priori' assumption that proof is impossible. It's a thinly disguised defense mechanism that screams, "I don't want to be convinced at all, so I'll never accept any evidence that will influence me to believe!" It's pitiful really, but I just come here to laugh and entertain myself. If I give a fellow Christian a chuckle or present a point they hadn't previously considered, I see it as successful. As for the atheists here, if they're sincerely looking for intelligent conversation, I'll be glad to offer some. Most of them aren't. I can name 5 I truly respect and like to banter with.
1) Scaritual
2) Aura Mytha
3) Polymath
4) Kaitlin
5) Black Thunder
Facts baby. facts.

don't be silly. I'd debate this with you but you have no credible evidence so bye bye.(I'm not being rude by ignoring you)

the amalgamated piece fell on hard times. this poor poster acknowledged she has no prooof to support amalgamation theory. we knew that. it took her how many years dorothy to be exposed on an international forum? 10?, punk! porta potty single most hypocritical comment in the history of topix retarded revolting redneck load of shit F*ck off and die imbecilic sociopathic punk

More Christian apologetics bullshit from an exceptionally retarded and revolting Christian godbot. The fossil and genetic evidence in support of evolution is overwhelming and irrefutable. Evolution is denied only by the world's most staggeringly ignorant godbots such as you. Evolution is also totally inconsistent with the juvenile Christian creationist myth. Grow up, punk!
biblical Jesus amalgamated myth contradiction programming azzhole
Scrooge wrote:
staggering ignorance self-righteous bigotry mythical dogma religious cult
Scrooge wrote:
death-denying hate cult ignorant cowards willing slaves totally preposterous and thoroughly discredited religious dogma scared shitless
The blind hypocrisy of this religiously retarded imbecilic sociopathic godbot never ceases to amaze. It's YOU who has failed in life. You were born free then enslaved by a religious cult and you're so pathetically feeble-minded and weak-willed that you have no desire to be free again. You're a national embarrassment, disgrace to the human race and complete waste of a sperm cell. F*ck off, azzhole!
Hitler was a brainwashed godbot via Christian indoctrination. There's no such thing as a Christian. We don't refer to children as being Clausian.
The biblical Jesus is an amalgamated myth from a plagiarized work of fiction not an historical figure.
You've quickly proven yourself to be a religiously brainwashed mentally retarded self-righteous bigoted Christian bitch without any socially redeemable qualities. Your compulsive proselytizing isn't welcome outside your cult. F*ck off, azzhole!
Funny how sick and paverted godbots go into incredulous meltdown of verbal abuse and hatred whenever they come across something that proves there god is a retarded fookwhit invention of retarded fookwits.
Bronze age you fool, bronze age, the stone age was well passed by the time a bunch of escaped slaves invented your god
Is that dental amalgam or something you have made up?
Dorothy here's proof god is real
thebible.com

Brainwashed Coward, projection is an instinctive defense mechanism of religiously brainwashed mentally retarded godbots like you. Religious addiction is a serious but treatable mental illness for those that have the guts to seek professional help. Unfortunately, you'll never be man enough to seek assistance and would rather continuing to delude yourself on a daily basis, punk! porta potty single most hypocritical comment in the history of topix retarded revolting redneck load of shit F*ck off and die imbecilic sociopathic punk
Nawton

Lansdowne, PA

#697636 Feb 28, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at 5:30 it isn't.
<quoted text>
It actually doesn't use the word "salvation" in the Bible. In fact, most of the ceremonial and ritual garbage you find at church has either very little, or no basis whatsoever in the Bible.
What it actually says is that you have to believe in Jesus to obtain eternal life, which I perceive to be ultimate enlightenment as to the true nature of time, space, and your real place in it.
Believing in Jesus more or less comprises cultivating an understanding that what Jesus said - which is summed up nicely by the Golden Rule - and what he did (went out of his way to be really cool to everyone who crossed his path) is what God wants from us. If you won't give it to him, he's going to let you die. Or possibly, your eternal spirit is going to be at the mercy of some other spiritual entity besides God, I'm undecided. I'm not so sure eternal punishment is really something God is into, I think it makes a little more sense that maybe some political leaders with easy access to scribes were more into that - striking fear into the proletariat and so forth. I'm not going to act as if I know, but I will say that what makes sense to mankind, should also make sense to God, and what doesn't, shouldn't.
I'm not going to judge your beliefs either, Kaitlin. But I will suggest that you make sure you've thought the matter through fully God is an intellectual question, not a religious one. God gave us our intellect, and he expects us to use it The Christians you've met are most likely morons. And the atheists you've met, well...
This 'belief in Jesus' scenario creates a huge problem.
Ancient cultures never mention anything about a messiah to obtain eternal life.
I use the term 'messiah' because that's the common belief of xtianity and the later Hebrew belief system after the 2nd Babylonian diaspora.

Prior to that period, no mention of a messianic type figure, including Judaism, to enter the eternal bliss foundation.
tricki

Philadelphia, PA

#697637 Feb 28, 2014
the universe didn't just arrive. we can date it. common sense cries out, "creator" if that fact falls on deaf ears, so be it.

macumazahn wrote:

<quoted text>Delusion. And therefore totally subjective.
Mental asylums are full of people who are convinced, not only that they met Napoleon, but that they ARE Napoleon.

the amalgamated piece fell on hard times. this poor poster acknowledged she has no prooof to support amalgamation theory. we knew that. it took her how many years dorothy to be exposed on an international forum? 10?, punk! porta potty single most hypocritical comment in the history of topix retarded revolting redneck load of shit F*ck off and die imbecilic sociopathic punk

More Christian apologetics bullshit from an exceptionally retarded and revolting Christian godbot. The fossil and genetic evidence in support of evolution is overwhelming and irrefutable. Evolution is denied only by the world's most staggeringly ignorant godbots such as you. Evolution is also totally inconsistent with the juvenile Christian creationist myth. Grow up, punk!
Scrooge wrote:
Scrooge wrote:
death-denying hate cult ignorant cowards willing slaves totally preposterous and thoroughly discredited religious dogma scared shitless
The blind hypocrisy of this religiously retarded imbecilic sociopathic godbot never ceases to amaze. It's YOU who has failed in life. You were born free then enslaved by a religious cult and you're so pathetically feeble-minded and weak-willed that you have no desire to be free again. You're a national embarrassment, disgrace to the human race and complete waste of a sperm cell. F*ck off, azzhole!
Hitler was a brainwashed godbot via Christian indoctrination. There's no such thing as a Christian. We don't refer to children as being Clausian.
The biblical Jesus is an amalgamated myth from a plagiarized work of fiction not an historical figure.
You've quickly proven yourself to be a religiously brainwashed mentally retarded self-righteous bigoted Christian bitch without any socially redeemable qualities. Your compulsive proselytizing isn't welcome outside your cult. F*ck off, azzhole!
Funny how sick and paverted godbots go into incredulous meltdown of verbal abuse and hatred whenever they come across something that proves there god is a retarded fookwhit invention of retarded fookwits.
Bronze age you fool, bronze age, the stone age was well passed by the time a bunch of escaped slaves invented your god
thebible.com

Brainwashed Coward, projection is an instinctive defense mechanism of religiously brainwashed mentally retarded godbots like you. Religious addiction is a serious but treatable mental illness for those that have the guts to seek professional help. Unfortunately, you'll never be man enough to seek assistance and would rather continuing to delude yourself on a daily basis, punk! porta potty single most hypocritical comment in the history of topix retarded revolting redneck load of shit F*ck off and die imbecilic sociopathic punk

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#697638 Feb 28, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? If you're really interested in learning then why don't you google Cambrian explosion so you can see that Christian pseudo-scientists are disingenuous azzholes as I suggested above?
By the way, legitimate scientists fully understand the Cambrian explosion myth perpetuated by Christian creationists.
Yes ,really scrooge. I have been googlen it and watching shows about anything like that. I have an open mind scrooge and I look and question stuff, nothing wrong with that is there? Really, well they was also talking about how atheist base stuff on something that has never been proven, like multi universes and how earth was lucky and had everything right for life, to spring up from nothing. they gave all kinds of examples how evolutionist were deceptive on their "Facts" So to me one side has just as good of an argument as the other..

Location hidden

#697639 Feb 28, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Scrooge will NEVER meet that qualification, or at least not with me he won't. Kind of sad actually. I had such hope for him once upon a time.
I respect scrooge and his opinion, whether i agree with it or not..
tricki

Philadelphia, PA

#697640 Feb 28, 2014
to the contrary, nature is evidence for god. the new testament is evidence for god. the holy spirit is evidence. tongues is evidence. prophecy. addictions falling away replaced with love and peace. the fruit of the holy spirit is proof. knowing him, meeting him, talking and listening to him are proof. and that millions testify to the same kinds of changes is evidence. taken together the evidence is overwhelming.

evidence is not the issue

Scrooge wrote:
Scrooge wrote:
thebible.com

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#697641 Feb 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
It wasn't a rewrite at all.
It was translated into English better.
Pfft

"When the New International Version was published in 1980, I was one of those who hailed it with delight. I believed its own claim about itself, that it was determined to translate exactly what was there, and inject no extra paraphrasing or interpretative glosses.... Disillusionment set in over the next two years, as I lectured verse by verse through several of Paul's letters, not least Galatians and Romans. Again and again, with the Greek text in front of me and the NIV beside it, I discovered that the translators had another principle, considerably higher than the stated one: to make sure that Paul should say what the broadly Protestant and evangelical tradition said he said....[I]f a church only, or mainly, relies on the NIV it will, quite simply, never understand what Paul was talking about." - N. T. Wright
tricki

Philadelphia, PA

#697642 Feb 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i can bind those devils and cast them from you but you hafta want it.
let me know when them negative voices in your head scream & torment you to the point when you've had enough and i'll be here for you free of charge!:-)
ask her

Scrooge wrote:
Scrooge wrote:
thebible.com

Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#697643 Feb 28, 2014
Nawton wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an honest person, En..., that's a huge plus in holding an honest debate.
What makes you lean toward xtianity knowing that multiple errors exist in the manuscripts?
Sometimes even one word could change the complete meaning of something.
The errors that do exist must be evaluated on their own merit. They're pretty much spelling or grammatical errors. What most people don't realize is that the NT was written in Greek and Greek is an inflected language. You can say a sentence 5 different ways and it can still mean the same thing or it can mean different things. The way it's spoken is the key.

Sadly, most people don't know the history or the accuracy of the Bible and are misinformed as a result. I've started studying with a textual critic who knows Greek, Latin, Hebrew, Aramaic, Egyptian, and Arabic. His knowledge of the languages alone makes me dizzy.
Nawton

Lansdowne, PA

#697644 Feb 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
rebellion is a witch who says "i don't hafta believe Christ even though His death and resurrection is a historical fact"
LOL
No it's not.
Show me evidence, outside of the tampered NT mss., where it says that your Jesus was resurrected?

Location hidden

#697645 Feb 28, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't! You're a f*cking moron who continually deludes himself. You seek out Christian pseudoscience bullshit to rationalize your own delusions. Atheists are more intelligent than theists and the rational people on this forum are more intelligent than you.
I've repeatedly advised you to google the Cambrian Explosion and you've cowardly refused. You should be totally ashamed of yourself, punk!
http://www.roiscience.com/evolution-vs-creati...
Anti-Evolutionists tend to think of this as an event that somehow marks the beginning of life, as they generally donít realize that this Ďexplosioní takes place over tens of millions of years, and that it comes after more than 3 billion years of Precambrian life.
Are you blind also to go with your other incapabilities? I have saw and read about the Cambrian Explosion, didn't you see that i posted it this morn? I have read several different things about it and other stuff similar to it..I saw where they was talking about pre Cambrian explosion and how there was no transitional fossils from prior to actual Cambrian Explosion. Yes, I am sure there is several people on here more intelligent than I on the matter, but that doesn't mean their opinion is anymore correct than mine!
Nawton

Lansdowne, PA

#697647 Feb 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
It wasn't a rewrite at all.
It was translated into English better.
better for who?
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#697648 Feb 28, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I respect scrooge and his opinion, whether i agree with it or not..
When he talks about other stuff he's not so bad. Get him talking about this stuff and I picture some dude turning purple with rage and spitting and foaming at the mouth. He's obviously intelligent but it's his abusive language and attitude that make me just want to mess with him more.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#697649 Feb 28, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pfft
"When the New International Version was published in 1980, I was one of those who hailed it with delight. I believed its own claim about itself, that it was determined to translate exactly what was there, and inject no extra paraphrasing or interpretative glosses.... Disillusionment set in over the next two years, as I lectured verse by verse through several of Paul's letters, not least Galatians and Romans. Again and again, with the Greek text in front of me and the NIV beside it, I discovered that the translators had another principle, considerably higher than the stated one: to make sure that Paul should say what the broadly Protestant and evangelical tradition said he said....[I]f a church only, or mainly, relies on the NIV it will, quite simply, never understand what Paul was talking about." - N. T. Wright
Wow! I'm impressed! Somebody in the atheist group knows who N.T. Wright is and even quotes him! Awesome! N.T.Wright tells it like it is! First class biblical scholar! Kudos to you!:)
Nawton

Lansdowne, PA

#697650 Feb 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you suppose you'll explain your ignorance to the God who came to earth personally and who's words you hear but choose refute on a daily basis???
how do you suppose that this God is "mean" when He took your guilt and punishment upon Himself so that you could enjoy peace with Him just by believing it???
Barney, this is not Mayberry.
Wake up

The Borderland of Sol

#697651 Feb 28, 2014
tricki wrote:
define god. since you cannot, christians win.
No.

You define "God". If you cannot, you have no idea what you believe in.

Location hidden

#697652 Feb 28, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
When he talks about other stuff he's not so bad. Get him talking about this stuff and I picture some dude turning purple with rage and spitting and foaming at the mouth. He's obviously intelligent but it's his abusive language and attitude that make me just want to mess with him more.
It's obvious he is knowledgeable, Yeah he gets all tore up over Christianity. I get to laughing at him so hard sometimes that tears roll down my face. He is a character for sure!

The Borderland of Sol

#697655 Feb 28, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's just it. As Christian monotheists we don't believe there are any other deities.
So Pascal's Wager isn't as flawed as atheists would like to believe. But thanks for playing!
Please proceed backstage and Johnny will give you your consolation prize!:)
Aaaand you don't see the circularity of that argument?

"My deity's real.
My deity'sthe only one.
Therefore, my deity's real."

Sheesh.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#697656 Feb 28, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Susie D; I also have a job that requires me to travel, so I'm not on topix a great deal of time.
<quoted text>
I was using it as an idem. I didn't actually do the deed.
You brought up some peculiar comments; I'm curious to learn more of these 'christians' that don't believe in hell. Please elaborate. It stands to reason, if a Christian believes in heaven, then surely that same Christian would believe in hell? yes? But you say no?
I do not believe that God burns anyone for all eternity and there are many Christians who believe this as well. I have done vast studies on this subject and it seems this "burn in hell" belief came around the time of translation for Hebrew to English.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#697658 Feb 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you suppose you'll explain your ignorance to the God who came to earth personally and who's words you hear but choose refute on a daily basis???
how do you suppose that this God is "mean" when He took your guilt and punishment upon Himself so that you could enjoy peace with Him just by believing it???
There is no proof that any god ever came to earth, therefore, I do not hear the words of any god on a daily basis.

If you have read the bible from which your god comes, you would very easily see why I call him mean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Liam 560,353
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 37 min Senecus 4,874
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 41 min Student 39,368
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 45 min neizak 119,688
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr zzzzzzzzzzzzzz 40
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rick in Kansas 265,417
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rick in Kansas 96,846
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr mike 605,310
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 441,810
More from around the web