Prove there's a god.
Enlightened

Gallatin, TN

#697041 Feb 26, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
You're too late; I already won the game.
But still, I'm sure you'll tell us all how someone who is "enlightened" needs to brag about it.
I'm sorry, didn't we already have that conversation about the bragging?

Anyway, I thought you were intelligent enough not to engage me, yet not quite intelligent enough to survive the conversation with your ego intact.

I see now, though, that you're merely stuck in auto-atheist.

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#697042 Feb 26, 2014
<quoted text>
In response to the same old christian bullshit.
<quoted text>
That includes you, scooter.
<quoted text>
So you'd have a reason to complain.
<quoted text>
No you won't. You'll deliberately misrepresent the atheist side, the way you christians deliberately misrepresent evolution.
If your cause is so just, Ghostie, why do you need to lie for it?
Oh, by the way, Mr. Bible Expert; you *still* haven't told me where Cain's wife came from. Was that question too difficult for you?
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
I have good news and bad news for you.
First the bad news:
I answered.
No, you didn't.

Where did Cain's wife come from?

Did she just drop out of the sky with a parachute? Your "infallible word of god" doesn't seem to be able to address that; neither do you.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#697043 Feb 26, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course we all know that unraveling the human genome and extensive DNA testing have proved that the story of Adam & Eve couldn't possibly be true.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just got your name.
Duh.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger!

LOL!!

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#697044 Feb 26, 2014
You're too late; I already won the game.
But still, I'm sure you'll tell us all how someone who is "enlightened" needs to brag about it.
Enlightened wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, didn't we already have that conversation about the bragging?
Anyway, I thought you were intelligent enough not to engage me, yet not quite intelligent enough to survive the conversation with your ego intact.
I see now, though, that you're merely stuck in auto-atheist.
Okay, so as an enlightened person, you need to brag about it.

And where'd you ever get the idea that I was an atheist?
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#697045 Feb 26, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
As a Christian I'm not afraid of death.
Christianity is a death-denying hate cult which appeals to ignorant cowards like you who are willing slaves to totally preposterous and thoroughly discredited religious dogma because they're scared shitless of death.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#697046 Feb 26, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!! Spin?? Ooh geez here we go! Oh the irony coming from the dark mistress of spin and paranoid propaganda!! LMAO!!
Now even though the book of Genesis doesn't give a detailed answer, a careful look at Hebrew culture is needed to answer the question of where Cain's wife came from. Cain, Abel, and Seth aren't necessarily the only children of Adam and Eve They just happen to be the ones written about. If Adam and Eve were truly the first humans created, then they would've been healthy enough (before diseases became the norm) to have several children. Hebrew culture was patriarchal to the extent that not every female birth was recorded. It is highly probable that several daughters would have been born to Adam and Eve. If this is the case, then it's only logical that a brother married a sister or an uncle married a niece. In this way, Cain would've had a wife. The prohibition on incest didn't come about immediately. While you will undoubtedly say that I'm speculating, my hypothesis is most likely correct. Remember, the Bible doesn't conform to what we want, but rather we must conform to the time and culture from which it came if we are to properly understand it. And just because it doesn't explicitly list any females born to Adam and Eve doesn't mean there weren't. It's completely safe to presume there were. Therefore, one more time; Cain did have a wife.:)
You write:
"If Adam and Eve were truly the first humans created,"

They weren't. They were never created.

The fact that humans were roaming Africa tens of thousands of years before the religiously assumed time of Adam and Eve is not debated by scientists anymore...the Biblical myth is thoroughly busted and they never existed.

Does a real job on Jesus....no 'Original Sin' and all.

Cain was no doubt a mythical creature in the Genesis/foundational tribal myth so we don't really have to worry about a mate for him....BUT, if he were real and needed a mate, all he had to do was go after the few million women of the time (4,000 BC to 6,000 BC)

My personal take on this is that Cain is nothing but a mythical creature made up by the Hebrew rabbi's and scholars of the 10th to 4th. century BC....as is Adam and Eve, Abel, Seth, Abraham, Isaac, etc., etc.

And of course the rest of the Pentateuch is nothing but myth.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#697047 Feb 26, 2014
Doctor REALITY wrote:
God CREATED MEN AND WOMEN.
Man created god initially out of ignorance of natural phenomena. In fact, man has created thousands of gods. Unfortunately, gods have been created to deceive revolting azzholes like you into being slaves to a religious cult. The real question is why you are too retarded to see that organized religion is just a hoax?
Enlightened

Gallatin, TN

#697048 Feb 26, 2014
Okay, so as an enlightened person, you need to brag about it.
And where'd you ever get the idea that I was an atheist?
Where'd you ever get the idea that I was bragging? I got the idea you were an atheist from all the insults you throw at Christians, but I'll bite. What do you believe, Kaitlin?
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#697049 Feb 26, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No you won't. You'll deliberately misrepresent the atheist side, the way you christians deliberately misrepresent evolution.
Oh, by the way, Mr. Bible Expert; you *still* haven't told me where Cain's wife came from. Was that question too difficult for you?
<quoted text>
No, you didn't.
Did she just drop out of the sky with a parachute? Your "infallible word of god" doesn't seem to be able to address that; neither do you.
Like I said; I answered. The Bible doesn't say where she came from BECAUSE it wasn't NECESSARY to explain where she came from. I told you that ancient Israel was (and still is somewhat) a patriarchal society so they didn't write the way you think they should've written it. What you think they should've written doesn't matter. The only reason you want to know is because you it doesn't say when you think it should. Tell me oh wise critic of ancient literary styles: are you going to tell me what Homer's Illiad should've said or are you willing to accept what it does say? Are you going to tell me that Shakespear's McBeth should've been written differently? Are you going to say that The Stand by Stephen King should've been written differently? No? Then why say the Bible should've been written differently? You wouldn't accept it no matter how it was written. Right? C'mon, you can admit it honey. You know I'm right.:)
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#697050 Feb 26, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
YeahÂ… morality is lost when societies become secular.
As ChristINSANITY is EVIL's post clearly demonstrates, morality is strongest in secular societies. You're completely blind to your own hypocrisy, kid.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#697051 Feb 26, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Well.... you never did answer. What do dinosaurs have to do with oil?
He won't get it, unless one of us tells him.

Then he'll just claim it's a lie.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#697052 Feb 26, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is a death-denying hate cult which appeals to ignorant cowards like you who are willing slaves to totally preposterous and thoroughly discredited religious dogma because they're scared shitless of death.
Another useless boring rant. Yawn.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#697053 Feb 26, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Xavier, I'll be your Google. Oil is dinosaurs. Decayed. Over millions of years.
WRONG!

Who told you that lie?
tricki

Watsontown, PA

#697054 Feb 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Those few are not witchcraft devotees, they are essentially like the christian funnymentalists who distort a belief to suit there own sick minds.
so true. excellent insight, sharp, unique, precious
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#697055 Feb 26, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No, you didn't.
Now let me ask a question:

Why does it matter to you so much that her birth or origin isn't mentioned in the Bible in an age when female births weren't normally viewed as important enough to record? Can you tell me WHY it's so important to you? ;)
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#697056 Feb 26, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
waste of reading time
The books you've read to feed your own inane delusions were obviously a waste of time that could have been spent receiving treatment for your mental illness.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#697057 Feb 26, 2014
I watched an advanced screening of Draft Day tonight while porta potty and other brainwashed godbots spammed this forum with over 200 infantile comments that demonstrate the need for an international ban on religious brainwashing more than any logical reasoning of anti-theists ever could.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#697058 Feb 26, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Xavier, I'll be your Google. Oil is dinosaurs. Decayed. Over millions of years.
Erm, no.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#697059 Feb 26, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
The fact that humans were roaming Africa tens of thousands of years before the religiously assumed time of Adam and Eve is not debated by scientists anymore...the Biblical myth is thoroughly busted and they never existed.
Does a real job on Jesus....no 'Original Sin' and all.
Cain was no doubt a mythical creature in the Genesis/foundational tribal myth so we don't really have to worry about a mate for him....BUT, if he were real and needed a mate, all he had to do was go after the few million women of the time (4,000 BC to 6,000 BC)
My personal take on this is that Cain is nothing but a mythical creature made up by the Hebrew rabbi's and scholars of the 10th to 4th. century BC....as is Adam and Eve, Abel, Seth, Abraham, Isaac, etc., etc.
And of course the rest of the Pentateuch is nothing but myth.
LOL

Enlightened

Gallatin, TN

#697060 Feb 26, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG!
Who told you that lie?
My mother.

It's not a lie, Xavier. It's a theory.

Oil comes from the decay of organic matter. Some scientists believe it came from the decay of dinosaurs. Other scientists believe it came from the decay of seaweed.

Since it all happened a few million years ago, no one is exactly sure.

If you're that interested in oil, you should definitely consider getting your driver's license in 4 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min RiccardoFire 104,776
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min scientia potentia... 38,797
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Anthony MN 641,980
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min Student 44,472
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min onemale 280,919
---*PHOTO of ANTICHRIST 'seated' in TEMPLE 1 hr RevelationInPlain... 1
What's the most embarrassing thing you have done? 2 hr Thelordofdogtown 22
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 10 hr Ricky F 38,443
More from around the web