Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#696872 Feb 26, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Humans are animals, Homo sapiens sapiens. You seem even more confused now as you anthrropromorphize other species. Animals are under an illusion? Animals are sophisticated robots?
Why would someone need an afterlife to love life? How pathetic is your present existence that you have to egotistically wish for some reward. It is you that don't possess enough hope to pull your self from your amoral, theistic doldrums. You have a very disgusting view of life.
You have many questions.

I suggest you go to church for a while.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#696873 Feb 26, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Can't say he has scrooge, but a bird shyt on my head twice in one day, the first time he shyt on my head, i got up and moved to a different spot and the [email protected] thing flew over and landed in a branch above me and shyt on me again! So you can bout figger how my life goes!
christian bird

there must have been open sewer in the area

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#696874 Feb 26, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Have you got razer's "Golden Bough"? Or Graves's "White Goddess"? Classics in the field of comparative mythology.
Wilson's "The Occult" is also very useul.
I used to have Wilson's book; I don't know what happened to it.

I've got Doreen Valiente's "ABC of Witchcraft", Margot Adler's "Drawing Down The Moon," and a couple of books by Janet & Stewart Farrar and Ray Buckland.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#696875 Feb 26, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
^^ "Frazer's"^^
And I have a really old copy of Leo Martello's "Witchcraft, The Old Religion." He was a bit of a militant, too. Tired of the uninformed christian bullshit.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#696876 Feb 26, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
By definition, an atheist is enlightened to the truth.
My dog is an atheist.

I came home today and found him halfway through eating a rabbit.

Enlightening indeed.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#696877 Feb 26, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's called the Dark Ages because of the decrease in literacy and extreme drop-off in the amount of written history available between the decline of the Roman Empire and the advent of the Italian Renaissance.
No worries though, no one really expects any accurate facts from the atheist contingent.
http://thirdmill.org/newfiles/jac_arnold/ch.a...

A.From 590 to 1517, the Roman Church dominated the western world. The Roman Catholic Church controlled religion, philosophy, morals, politics, art and education. This was the dark ages for true Christianity. The vital doctrines of Biblical Christianity had almost disappeared, and with the neglect of true doctrine came the passing of life and light that constitutes the worship of the One True God as declared in Christ.

B.The Roman Catholic Church was theologically sick and its theology led to atrocious corruptions. It was spiritually exhausted, enfeebled and almost lifeless. Rome had seriously departed from the teaching of the Bible and was engrossed in real heresy.

C.There can be no appreciation for the Reformation until one sees the great spiritual need of the western world in the 16th century. No Christian, Roman Catholic, Protestant or Independent can gloss over the period of history from 590 to 1517. This period is a "black spot" to all who name the name of Christ, but it is Christian history.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#696878 Feb 26, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>You're very confused. Theists should be un afraid of death.
I wasn't talking about theists. I was talking about atheists. As a Christian I'm not afraid of death. I trust that there is something after this life. I know I will be judged and I accept that. Would I like to go on living a little longer? Sure I would. I want to annoy you atheists some more. LOL :)

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#696879 Feb 26, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Science doesn't try to explain love. You *should* know that.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of us agree that love is real, even though we can't prove it exist or even properly define it. It's something each of us personally feels. Right? That's no different than belief in God. We're all born with the desire for love and the awareness of a creator.
Yet you would deny other people their "god" or "gods" while demanding them to accept *yours.* Why is that?

What drives your insecurity?
Liam wrote:
<quoted text> There is no other possible way for God to get us to love.
Which god are you talking about? Yours? I don't see much love from your god, or even from the people here who claim to follow it.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot make someone love you. And we're not here to believe in God. We're here to love Him. The same way you love your parents. If He walked into your room right now, you'd believe He exists, but you wouldn't love Him.
How can your god do that when it doesn't exist?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#696880 Feb 26, 2014
Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
I can definitely tell you're an atheist based on how rude and vile you post.
I can definitely tell you're a christian based on how hateful you are, and how badly you want to eliminate anyone who dares to question you.

Why does your jesus make you christians so hateful and insecure?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#696881 Feb 26, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's called the Dark Ages because of the decrease in literacy and extreme drop-off in the amount of written history available between the decline of the Roman Empire and the advent of the Italian Renaissance.
No worries though, no one really expects any accurate facts from the atheist contingent.
I hear that the early Christian church burned down the Library of Alexandria....

Now those Christians I would like to get hold of.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#696882 Feb 26, 2014
Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you be in your lab trying to prove evolution is not a myth?
Shouldn't you be at work?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#696883 Feb 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only do atheists have churches, they have mega churches.
http://www.10news.com/news/atheist-megachurch...
I guess they need a place to bitch about God some more.....
No dear. Did you miss the quotation marks.... as in "mega church" ?????

Churches are for worship.... atheist do not worship
Churches are for Christians.... atheists aren't christians

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#696884 Feb 26, 2014
Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
They have demons controlling their lives and they embrace lies and hatred. Until they are in Hell, we'll sit back and observe WHY they are going to Hell.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Demons controlling our lives?
You write crazy shit like that and expect to be taken seriously?
If you choose to have a closed mind, please choose to have a closed mouth as well.
LOL!!*Brilliant!!*

Location hidden

#696885 Feb 26, 2014
Enlightened wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no proof, sweets, but there's plenty of evidence. Providing evidence to atheists, though, is like trying to feed a cat oatmeal. "Here's some food." "That's not food, you shmuck!" "Yes it is." "No it isn't." "Yes it is." "No it isn't."
To me the most startling and revealing evidence of God's existence can be found in one's self, as you mentally take yourself back, back, back through the deep mists of time, to the very beginning of all things - and yes, science agrees fully that there was indeed a "very beginning of all things," at least as regards this particular space-time continuum in which we currently exist.
At that point, there is only one relevant question: If nothing exists at that point, then where did something come from? The atheist answer to that question must be, "Something came from nothing." The theist answer is, "God created something where there was nothing."
Neither answer makes a bit of sense from our limited perspective as atmosphere-dependent, carbon-based life forms with a 5,000-year written history on a medium-sized planet rotating around a medium-sized star in the middle of a medium-sized solar system in a relatively small galaxy.
But God IS documented. Poorly. But documented nonetheless. It is either in us to seek him out, or he has revealed himself to those of us with the ability to discern and reason.
Humans are conditioned to evaluate things in terms of size, and age. An elephant seems quite large to us. A lifetime very long. A skyscraper very tall. The moon very far away, the universe incomprehensible. It is, in fact, quite impossible for the human mind to encompass or elucidate the concepts of infinity or eternity.
But we have made some rather startling discoveries. Space and time are relative. Some things are actually too SMALL for us to detect. Size is relative to perception. Time is relative to perception.
Science will advance exponentially until we finally understand the underlying workings of practically everything around us.
So you see, maybe our universe isn't so big and complicated after all. Maybe it hasn't been around for such a long time. And maybe God is not so difficult to understand. Relatively speaking, of course.
We won't know, until we know. But those of YOU closing yourself off to the possibility that there is a God, that he wants us to treat each other well, that he's made that quite clear in his own way, and that he will ultimately reward or punish those of us who defy or embrace him, are merely refusing to accept that there may be spiritual matters afoot beyond your understanding.
God is a spirit. We are spirits. Everything else is just...a matrix. The best evidence lies within you.
Suggestion: Read a book called The Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn if you want to wake up the part of you that you've accidentally put to sleep.
I understand your pain and desperation. I also think it unfair that your paranoia exceeds your intellect.

We are a social species and behaviour which is empathetic supports the species. You create a god to calm your fear, but when you claim favor, you exceed reason.

The abrahamic god is the most vile entity ever imagined.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#696886 Feb 26, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that Einstein wasn't a christian, right?
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
\
he was not a deist
He was a Jew. He escaped from Germany just in the nick of time.

Location hidden

#696887 Feb 26, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
I guess you don't have any friends.
I'll be your friend.
Thank you for the offer

but

I am attracted to intellect

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#696888 Feb 26, 2014
Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
We? As in you are speaking on behalf of all of your puppets?
Porter? Did you move to Georgia?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#696889 Feb 26, 2014
Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who looks at the universe and doesn't see that IT IS scientific proof of God is a moron. YOU are a moron.
You don't know what scientific evidence is, you dumb shyte.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#696890 Feb 26, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
You know, I have to go through this sort of garbage like yours before someone worthy of debate comes along. I'm sort of resigned to that fact. You are not obliged to reply If you don't want to talk to me. Just go away.
Charlie, I show up here every few months and it's the same old atheist crowd spewing the same old atheist bullshit. I call it as I see it. I've resigned myself to the fact that very few here can engage in decent conversation. Scaritual is one of them. Aura Mytha can be okay. I haven't seen Polymath in a long time but he's good too.

Scrooge and Karl44 seem to be filled with rage for some problem in their pasts. Kaitlin is rough around the edges but I never take it personally. Why should I?

If you want a good debate, I'll be glad to present a good scholarly argument from the atheist side just to play "devil's advocate" even though I know all of their arguments fall flat. I can fake it pretty good. I'll just copy/paste something from Bart Ehrman or Gerd Ludemann. LOL :)
Enlightened

Gallatin, TN

#696891 Feb 26, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
http://thirdmill.org/newfiles/jac_arnold/ch.a...
A.From 590 to 1517, the Roman Church dominated the western world. The Roman Catholic Church controlled religion, philosophy, morals, politics, art and education. This was the dark ages for true Christianity. The vital doctrines of Biblical Christianity had almost disappeared, and with the neglect of true doctrine came the passing of life and light that constitutes the worship of the One True God as declared in Christ.
B.The Roman Catholic Church was theologically sick and its theology led to atrocious corruptions. It was spiritually exhausted, enfeebled and almost lifeless. Rome had seriously departed from the teaching of the Bible and was engrossed in real heresy.
C.There can be no appreciation for the Reformation until one sees the great spiritual need of the western world in the 16th century. No Christian, Roman Catholic, Protestant or Independent can gloss over the period of history from 590 to 1517. This period is a "black spot" to all who name the name of Christ, but it is Christian history.
Xavier, you're killing me, pal.

Let me get this straight - you get your historical information from the Third Millennium Ministries website? AND you're an atheist? AND it doesn't even actually say anywhere in there that the period was called the Dark Ages because of church domination of the state, it merely calls the period a "black spot" for Christians?

Absolutely priceless. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min NutSo HL 30,658
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min Robert F 687,159
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 1 hr LG Sucks 2
BING keeps DOMINATING with "Homepage Magic" 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 hr Here For Now 619,788
News Costa Mesa man, 50, sentenced to 25 years to li... 10 hr Voice of Reason 3
Any horny girls with snapchat looking for fun (Oct '16) 18 hr skurrrrallla 14
More from around the web