Prove there's a god.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#695347 Feb 23, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious that is not Liam.
Sorry man, my real name is Liam. I wasn't aware of another one on this thread. I'll change it if he comes on. But I won't be sticking around long anyway..

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#695348 Feb 23, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>I remember reading about a lawsuit involving children younger than fifth grade and was very impressed that they already had enough common sense to understand the juvenile concept of deities was utterly preposterous.
I chill with those under the fifth grade.

The new gen is bloody brilliant, best to keep loonies away from them.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#695349 Feb 23, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
the title of this thread is: Prove there's God
And no one in the history of the human race has ever provided such proof. Your compulsive spamming to support your own inane delusions of grandeur isn't a substitute for the professional mental health care you desperately need, kid.

“ChristianityIs AMental Disease”

Since: May 10

And The Cure Is Education

#695350 Feb 23, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
We don't. We're just sick of you trying to impose your will and your faith on us; and you hate us for not allowing you to do that. Obviously, our resistance weakens your faith.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah I don't want to impose my will on you.
Then why are you trying?
Liam wrote:
<quoted text> Your resistance could never possibly weaken my faith either.
I repeat: Then why are you trying?

Why the desperation to get me to believe?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#695351 Feb 23, 2014
Watch kids with an objective mind, really pay attention.

Then go read something credible about Evolution.

#695352 Feb 23, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You would never know those thoughts, being bound and gagged by a invisible skydaddy.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to God or the Topix Atheist! nonexistent but always bitched about "sky daddy"?
Same thing.

You don't want to understand that, do you? Too bad; your resistance proves you do.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#695353 Feb 23, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you explain your position regarding religion, the Bible, and Christianity in 100 words or less??
I have several times! Christianity is a Religion, a word that the church applied to followers of Christ. Religion is bondage of man and has nothing to do with Christ. He preached against religion and to think a true follower of his would be bound by laws that he preached against is crazy. Religion is riding the coat tails of Christ, twisting the true meaning to suit themselves. Religion is corrupted in it's on sins. I think there is a deeper meaning to the Bible than just looking at it and taking it for face value. some truth w/out question. I think everything after his spirit hovered above the waters and let there be..which i do think was inspired by a higher power but everything after that is subject but it all goes back to an earlier time . you know it's funny how a lot of ancient cultures had similar beliefs and Gods which could've very well had been the fallen angels, leading up to the supposed flood, there is something within all that, i think, we are missing, it's like getting the whole d@mn puzzle pieced together and not being able to find the last piece..

"What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done
again, there is nothing new under the sun"
Ecclesiastes 1:9

Example

( Enoch is talking about an fallen angel)
" The fifth was Kasdeya: This is he who showed the yeladim-a'am
all the evil strikings of the unclean ruachim and demonic entities
He showed them the dashing of the embryo in the womb so that
it would die"

1 Khanokh 69

The Book Of Enoch

Abortion continues now
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#695354 Feb 23, 2014
Liam wrote:
Ah I don't want to impose my will on you. Wow. Nothing I do will ever make you believe in Jesus Christ unless its what you want. Your resistance could never possibly weaken my faith either.
The biblical isn't an historical figure. A person lacking the capacity to differentiate Christian mythology from reality is insane. You're a certifiably insane Christian whack job totally humiliating yourself in an international forum when you should be institutionalized immediately. F*ck off, azzhole!

#695355 Feb 23, 2014
Translation: "I can't refute that, I hate her for that, and I've got to say *something* against her!! My weak faith depends on it!!"
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a terrible translator.
Not really.

You are weak in your faith, Arr Arr.

#695356 Feb 23, 2014
No you didn't.
Prayer doesn't work.
Suck it up.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Thanks for sharing your concession.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#695357 Feb 23, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
"You have no proof that "there is absolutely NO real evidence for his [God's] existence"
Do you have some evidence? After 50 years have found nothing.
"You have no proof that "prayer is bogus"
At least 5 scientific double blind studies of prayer....prayer made no difference.
... Face it. Deal with it.
Cha et al.[32] studied 219 consecutive infertile women, aged 26-46 years, who were treated with in vitro fertilization embryo transfer in Seoul, South Korea. These women were randomized into distant prayer and control groups. Prayer was conducted by prayer groups in the USA, Canada and Australia. The patients and their providers were not informed about the intervention. The investigators, and even the statisticians, did not know the group allocations until all the data had been collected. Thus, the study was randomized, triple-blind, controlled and prospective in design.

Cha et al.[32] found that the women who had been prayed for had nearly twice as high a pregnancy rate as those who had not been prayed for (50 vs. 26%; P <0.005). Furthermore, the women who had been prayed for showed a higher implantation rate than those who had not been prayed for (16.3 vs. 8%; P <0.001). Finally, the benefits of prayer were independent of clinical or laboratory providers and clinical variables. Thus, this study showed that distant prayer facilitates implantation and pregnancy.

Prayer and healing: A medical and scientific perspective on randomized controlled trials

Chittaranjan Andrade, Professor of Psychopharmacology and Rajiv Radhakrishnan, Research Officer

#695358 Feb 23, 2014
tricki wrote:
"Kaitlin the Wolf Witch"
Prove your god.
Oh, wait; you can't.
No, I'm telling you to prove your god.
You're not very bright, are you? Did you just come from church?
define god
You *still* want me to define the god that you believe in?

Are you really sure you wanna go there??

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#695359 Feb 23, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<andet1987> "*oh look!, a dry spot on the ground after rain, it must be a miracle!*"
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
he he :)
Yeah.

When the belief in your deity has forced you to resort to attributing entirely natural occurrences - to some sort of action done by the deity just for you to prove its existence, to you - then you know you've crossed the boundary into the imaginary, you've deluded yourself, you are delusional.

It's the same mentality seen with a child leaving out cookies and milk for Santa Claus - and because they've been eaten, or a bite has been taken from the cookie and half the milk is gone - to the child, Santa was there.

For the child, there is no reason to look for another explanation - just look at the cookies and milk.

Its the same mentality seen with believers and with the bible/religions/deities based on that book. Don't look any further - just read the book.

That applies to pretty much all deity beliefs. Not just the Abrahamic beliefs.

#695360 Feb 23, 2014
Yes you did. You claimed that he pandered only to one side; I say if he could pander to one side, he could pander to any side.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No I didn't.
Yes you did.

Give it up.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Hitler's speeches profess his "love" of Christianity. His private words and encounters proves he hated Christians, hated Christianity and lanes to supplant his own religion in its place.
So only *you* know when he was lying, and when he wasn't.

Got it.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#695361 Feb 23, 2014
And by that you are equating science with Egyptian mythology.
You *know* you are.
Not really.

I'm saying that modern science may be wrong, as wrong as the ancient Egyptians.

I don't share the same faith in science as you, so...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#695362 Feb 23, 2014
There is no satan except for that which resides in the hateful imaginations of those who belielve in it.
Without a fear of "Satan," there is no need for your god.
Fact.
Deal with it.
I ****know**** what your opinion is, Kait.

Rewriting it a hundred times is unnecessary.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#695363 Feb 23, 2014
Have fun with this one:
<quoted text>
Well? Go on; tell him.
Kait don't shyt stink bad enuff w/out it being stirred, haha!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#695364 Feb 23, 2014
<quoted text>
You have no proof your god exists; why should we believe in it?
Because you *want* us to? Is *that* all it is?
Don't ya jist feel like we're dealing with Fraggle Rock characters here sometimes?

#695365 Feb 23, 2014
And you like to play semantics whenever it suits you.
Piss off, you lying christian.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Should I employ a Kaitlin the Really Real Wolf Witch "translation" now?
Nah. I'm not a dishonestfuck like you are.
I have no need to be dishonest, you do.

I'm not trying to sell my spiritual beliefs, you *are* trying to sell your *religious* belielfs, to anyone who is weak-minded enough to believe them---just so you can validate them in your own mind.

You need my validation, and I refuse to give it.

It sure sucks to be you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#695367 Feb 23, 2014

I am a real witch,
There's no such thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min Student 41,144
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 13 min Ruby88 53,490
wonders on temple of solution (Jun '11) 46 min Margret 49
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr Pure Top Massager 572
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr June VanDerMark 603,253
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 613,070
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr andet1987 6,397
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 272,884
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr dollarsbill 8,061
The Christian Atheist debate 4 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 3,849
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) Sat i fkedurBeezyanally 279
More from around the web