Prove there's a god.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#695042 Feb 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether the word "theory" is misused or used properly, to say 'what we think happened a million years ago is a theory' is a true sentence.
To say 'what we think happened a million years ago is fact' would be a lie.
Again, where's my dishonesty?
Oh, you're back on the "just a theory" thingy, eh?

I still await your apology for your previous lie on the subject, and for your previous manufactured misquote of me.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#695043 Feb 23, 2014

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#695044 Feb 23, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
a moral citizen of earth
a member of civil society
a student of life, a lover of truth
In search of information
The truth man believes in today came from the mouth of deceit in the Garden Of Eden karl..

"ye shall not surely die, for God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof,
Then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as Gods, knowing Good and Evil"
Satan to Eve
Genesis 3:4-5

He(Satan) redefined what good meant, Implying secret knowledge would be available to them, Thus making them like Gods.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#695045 Feb 23, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> The truth man believes in today came from the mouth of deceit in the Garden Of Eden karl..
Satan to Eve
He(Satan) redefined what good meant, Implying secret knowledge would be available to them, Thus making them like Gods.
Better to stay an ignorant cave dweller, believing in invisible sky daddy's, than to become an evil educated person.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#695049 Feb 23, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your demented little mind grasshopper.
Am I the only one remembers what happened to Ko-yo-teh after he played that trick on Spider Woman and ran afoul of Travelling Rock?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#695050 Feb 23, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Better to stay an ignorant cave dweller, believing in invisible sky daddy's, than to become an evil educated person.
You don't even understand what is even being implied there do you, when he says become as Gods?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#695051 Feb 23, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> You don't even understand what is even being implied there do you, when he says become as Gods?
You listen to snakes? Oh wait it's nodda snake, it's a serpent.
Talking serpents actually give good advice, you can tell what they mean every time , because you have your secret bible decoder ring on.

“God knows that when you eat it your eyes will be opened. You’ll be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Okay...let me feel my way to a fig , so I can open my eyes and see, I look just like the picture of god we drew on the rock and not like Mr Nodda snake who tells me evul.

Cave man mentality.... puzzle me this pushyman.

This story is far older than the rest of the bible, it comes from the very dawn of the transition from hunter gathers to civilization. If you think there's a wealth of knowledge in it...god help you man, you'll need it.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#695052 Feb 23, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish sin was 'self inflicted nonsense', but it ain't. Its how we were created; we were created with the ability to sin if we so choose..
So you're saying there are some people who can go their entire lives without sinning if they choose not to?

This should be fascinating...

Location hidden

#695053 Feb 23, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible isn't one book, its a collection of books. We call it the "word of God", but that doesn't mean God whispered word for word details on every single sentence. Rather, the Bible is human thought entwined with divine insights to help the reader understand the mystery of God. Some Books of the Bible are prophetic, some are poems. Some are epistles, letters and memoirs.
Prove that a god exists.

Then prove that that god is the god you're talking about.

Then prove that that god had an actual causal effect on the men who wrote the bible.

We'll wait.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#695054 Feb 23, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
We ain't worried about your perverted deity. It's as useless as tits on a boar.
We worry about all the atrocity that has transpired by your church and it's perverted subjugates in it's name. It has been one horrendous atrocity after another since it's inception....and still continues to this day on Africa and many other 3rd world countries.
You don't act like an atheist on the other forum. hmmm. When did this happen?
Regardless, you're one of most bigoted ignorant human beings I've ever encountered. If I leave my faith for what you have got, I'm completely hosed. Even if there is no God, I would be completely hosed stumbling through this life, resembling your kind. So whatever you are, I need to try and be opposite. Looks like I'm staying put!!

Location hidden

#695055 Feb 23, 2014
tricki wrote:
if your hand causes you to sin, suck your thumb
he's not looking to burp pablum puking crybabies. prepare for war. this world. the devil and the flesh. 3 enemies that knock on your life the day you are born from above. In comparison "marine boot camp" is a brief and gentle warm up.
WTF?

Location hidden

#695056 Feb 23, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no way to decide what evidence is. God withholds his manifest presence from the wicked
How convenient for your con...er, religion.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#695057 Feb 23, 2014
Actually the book of genesis is the answer to the children who ask so many questions, and we primitive hunter gatherers don't really have any real answers. So we write this down and let the kids read it so I wont have to answer all those nagging questions those kids ask that we at this early stage in human history simply...don't have a ƒucking clue to answer them with. Those questions like where do stars come from daddy?
Ugh read the bible it tells you son.Where did people come from daddy?
read the bible it tells you son....

No

ƒucking

clue

Would have been the honest answer, instead ..Read the bible son it will tell you! Now that we have answered most all the questions and know where the stars come from, we know where people came from....we have a whole world full of you people with

no ƒucking clue....because you read the bible and it told you everything you need to know.

tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#695058 Feb 23, 2014
scaritual wrote:
scaritual wrote: What is the "spiritual side of life" to you?
And then, if you can, explain how you require a religion or deity(S) to experience that.
<quoted text>
I certainly do consider them separate. I think religion has hijacked the word "spiritual".
I wanted to know what you considered it to be.
define god, if you can
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#695059 Feb 23, 2014
does the atheist faith have a doctrinal statement on the nature of gods they believe don't exist?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#695060 Feb 23, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
define god, if you can
A belief of people who have.... no ƒucking clue.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#695061 Feb 23, 2014
tricki wrote:
In world history no one has written anything at all like the new testament. It is beyond the ability of all to conceive of and to tell a story like it.
Wait..... you think that story is original?

hahahahaha
ahhahahaha
ahahahahahah
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#695062 Feb 23, 2014
tricki wrote:
does the atheist faith have a doctrinal statement on the nature of gods they believe don't exist?
Atheist faith?

ahahahahahha
ahhaahhaahahha
ahhahahahahaah

Buy a dictionary, since you aren't using the one on-line.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#695063 Feb 23, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
define "love"
It can't really be defined. We try, but its still a mystery. We all know love exists, but we don't know why. Its something within the spiritual component of human beings. Unfortunately, science and evolution have no answer for the Spirit. Therefore it has no answer for "love". Therefore it has no answer for God.
So is the spiritual component or the physical component more important for humans? Let me ask you this: is having two arms more important than loving your children? Don't get me wrong, having two arms is a big thing. I would hate to part with one of my arms. But I think for my kids, as long as I love them back, my physical body isn't that important. They need me to love them more than play catch in the backyard.
So I would say love and the spiritual component of humans supersedes the physical one. We're nothin without love. From the moment we're born, we're seeking love and it never ends. Not only seeking it for ourselves, we're desiring for people to love us.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#695064 Feb 23, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> The truth man believes in today came from the mouth of deceit in the Garden Of Eden karl..
Satan to Eve
ahahahahah
ahhahahahahaha

I love that fairy tale. Tell us another.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min kent 687,441
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min Trump is a joke 31,787
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min Here For Now 619,795
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr ChromiuMan 6,496
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 3 hr Love Trump 9
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 hr SmokinJoe 4,319
Popcorn time for movies and shows using VPN 4 hr Neil_Hines 3
More from around the web