Prove there's a god.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#693884 Feb 19, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Susie_PEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, I love it when this happens... Hstory is fact?? You cannot change it you claim? Actually, history is the re-telling of an event from the past based on the perception of the person either their or passed on. Duh, you say it is fact! But, history is actually how we view something of the past is largely due to our own past and present experiences. Things that have happened and are happening in current events effect what historians chose to write about and how they will interpret past events. And since current events are always changing as time marches on, so do the interpretations and perspectives of historians. Which means it does change and therefore is an opinion in many ways. Some things are basic facts such as dates, but many times they are called into question, but most of history changes as perceptions change so yeah, what you just said is just your story; an opinion :) Anyone with a history background would know this to be true my friend.
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
"Déjà moo; that uncanny, almost paranormal feeling one gets that one has experienced this bullshit before"
I know exactly what you mean!! Same ole same ole. It is quite boring. Please come up with new material

“How You Treat Me”

Since: May 10

Determines How I Treat You

#693885 Feb 19, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
that the Hebrews were slaves in Egypt, that there was an Exodus of a million+ Hebrews from Egypt, that there was a
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on. A million +?!
Where do you get that figure? The Bible is clear.
"The total number was 603,550."
http://mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/...
And that was over two years after the Exodus.
And your buybull is soooooooo trustworthy, isn't it?

Cain's wife drops in from nowhere..... bats are birds...... people lived for 900 years...... the sun revolves around the earth.... Matthew, Mark, Luke and John can't even get *their* stories straight....

“I love Jesus”

#693886 Feb 19, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are "christian scientists" trying to prove the existence of your god?
They haven't managed yet, I'm betting that's why y'all hate science.
**religion gives you brain damage**
My dad is a chemist and he does not devote his time to "proving" God with his knowledge. He understands you cannot. Yet, why do atheist use science as a way to claim proof that God does not exist; now that is the better question.

“How You Treat Me”

#693887 Feb 19, 2014
scaritual wrote:
Your bible is a reflection of interpretation and understanding, huh?
Just like history and science, eh?
Riiiight...
That must be why there are thousands Christian denominations believed in by thousands of Christian theists that disagree with each other but just one periodic table of elements that thousands of scientists use and accept.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't your precious scientists agree on a theory of Gravity?
Why can't your precious buybull authors get their shit straight?

“I love Jesus”

#693888 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
No it isn't. To believe is to believe; period.
<quoted text>
And your god cannot be proven by your mere desire to believe.
Can yo show me one statement I made that says my mere desire proves God? I am pretty sure I am the master of my own belief and I get to dictate what I know to be true; not you, not anyone. If I say I believe therefore I know; that is for me and only me. That does not mean you have to buy what I know. My knowing is not proof for anyone but me. That is why it is called faith

“How You Treat Me”

#693889 Feb 19, 2014
tricki wrote:
Blatant forgery.
No one has any thing to offer?
*You* sure don't.

“I love Jesus”

#693890 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Because there would have to be a planner, and there isn't any.
You have proof of this? I already know tha answer no need to reply. You cannot prove what you state and you do not know for sure. Your words are not proof that God does not exist

“I love Jesus”

#693891 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Nor can he disapear just because you do not believe; period :)

“How You Treat Me”

#693892 Feb 19, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
GReat post.:-)
*I* like to think so!

;)

“I love Jesus”

#693893 Feb 19, 2014
scaritual wrote:
Your bible is a reflection of interpretation and understanding, huh?
Just like history and science, eh?
Riiiight...
That must be why there are thousands Christian denominations believed in by thousands of Christian theists that disagree with each other but just one periodic table of elements that thousands of scientists use and accept.
<quoted text>
Why can't your precious buybull authors get their shit straight?
Didn't you get the memo. The periodic table has been questioned> Opps sorry. There goes that old arguement. Do you use that bull on everyone thinking they don't know or do you just don't know the science book you worship

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#693894 Feb 19, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> I fundamentalist evangelical would say something more on the lines of all gay people go to hell and are doomed. A fundamentalist would also preach a “burn in hell” attitude. Believing in God does not make a person a fundamentalist; however, being closed minded does. In that case many atheists are fundamentalist. Do I take the Bible literally? No, and it is not meant to be taken literally either. It is a learning tool. It is not as simple as you make it and neither is God. Do I believe in the great flood? Yes I do and every culture on the planet and every continent have a great flood story. Hebrews were slaves in Egypt and I did not t need my Bible to learn that fact; it’s history &#61514; Next, of all those theories can you please show me where any of them disprove God? None of them do my friend. They ar3 possible answers to question of which no concern of whether or not God created this planet has and so forth. You see the cake baking theory tells how the cake is bake and the possible ingredients, but never attaches or dismisses a possible cake creator Even the theory of evolution tells how species may have evolved over time, but it does not dismiss the original creator at all. I am familiar with the scientific method already my friend and if you can show me how any of this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that God does not exist I shall bow in your presence. Like I stated and if you will notice, you did as well. Science is a way to determine why, possible how and even a measure of behavior but it cannot eliminate a who in way. There is not a way to observe evidence of God and most intelligent scientist knows this; that why we’re here asking today; there is not physical verifiable proof in either direction.
It is a little odd you use the scientific theory wiki page as some sort of proof. Did you notice God is not even mentioned? Have you noticed God is not mentioned in any of these other theories? Why do you suppose that is so? Maybe because they are not theories used to disprove God.. Think please; they answer other questions not even related to the subject of a possible creator.
There is no evidence for deities.

Science doesn't just start looking under the couch and asking "Where in Sam Hill is the deity?" Science has to have something to detect, observe or measure, so science does not concern itself with the endeavor.

That job is for the people who believe in the invisible disembodied magical superbrain(S).

However, there is no reason why a deity or deities presence couldn't be measured or detected in some way. Believers insist that scientifically detecting their deity is impossible - although they claim to "feel" and experience it regularly.

Why is that?

This is because their deity is nowhere to be found, it isn't detected, and so intricate illogical stories and hoop jumping rationale has to be used to explain this allegedly vast, all encompassing, loving, eternal, all-powerful "something" which in every objective, logical respect, is indistinguishable from nothing.

There is a reason for that.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#693895 Feb 19, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>My dad is a chemist and he does not devote his time to "proving" God with his knowledge. He understands you cannot. Yet, why do atheist use science as a way to claim proof that God does not exist; now that is the better question.
Why would a chemist try to prove creationism?

idiota

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#693896 Feb 19, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>Nor can he disapear just because you do not believe; period :)
Wouldn't "he" have to appear first, in order to disappear?

**this is what I'm talking about, religion is bad for you**
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#693897 Feb 19, 2014
-RUSH- wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did he choose you and Jeff?
God chose me and Jeff ? for that particular Miracle that we saw ? I am not really sure the reason why. probably Jeff and I both believe in God. Jeff and I always had a friendly conversation when I see him. but I seldom see Jeff though. I have not seen Jeff for many months now. I have changed my location. I have a different address now. that's probably why I have not seen him.

but I am sure, it is not only Jeff and I were made to see a Miracle. I am sure there are others also who witnessed a Miracle in some other forms, in different places, and in different times.

I know one guy his name is Tony of "God is Real - Miracles Happen" thread, he claimed to have seen many Miracles. maybe you can go to that thread and learn some Miracles he experienced.

“How You Treat Me”

#693898 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
It's a book of hate and hypocrisy and blood.
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>Scrooge wrote a book?
No, it was written by people who claimed they were appointed by your "god;" it's called the bible.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#693899 Feb 19, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>There is no evidence for deities.

Science doesn't just start looking under the couch and asking "Where in Sam Hill is the deity?" Science has to have something to detect, observe or measure, so science does not concern itself with the endeavor.

That job is for the people who believe in the invisible disembodied magical superbrain(S).

However, there is no reason why a deity or deities presence couldn't be measured or detected in some way. Believers insist that scientifically detecting their deity is impossible - although they claim to "feel" and experience it regularly.

Why is that?

This is because their deity is nowhere to be found, it isn't detected, and so intricate illogical stories and hoop jumping rationale has to be used to explain this allegedly vast, all encompassing, loving, eternal, all-powerful "something" which in every objective, logical respect, is indistinguishable from nothing.

There is a reason for that.
Noice.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#693900 Feb 19, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>God chose me and Jeff ? for that particular Miracle that we saw ? I am not really sure the reason why. probably Jeff and I both believe in God. Jeff and I always had a friendly conversation when I see him. but I seldom see Jeff though. I have not seen Jeff for many months now. I have changed my location. I have a different address now. that's probably why I have not seen him.

but I am sure, it is not only Jeff and I were made to see a Miracle. I am sure there are others also who witnessed a Miracle in some other forms, in different places, and in different times.

I know one guy his name is Tony of "God is Real - Miracles Happen" thread, he claimed to have seen many Miracles. maybe you can go to that thread and learn some Miracles he experienced.
Is Tony yet another delusional shyster you're gullible enough to believe?

“How You Treat Me”

#693901 Feb 19, 2014
LOL!!!
"Déjà moo; that uncanny, almost paranormal feeling one gets that one has experienced this bullshit before"
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> I know exactly what you mean!! Same ole same ole. It is quite boring. Please come up with new material
A guy walks into a bar with a duck under his arm. The bartender says, "Hey--you can't come in here with that pig!!" The guy says, "It's not a pig, it's a duck." The bartender says, "I was talking to the duck!"

“How You Treat Me”

#693902 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Because there would have to be a planner, and there isn't any.
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> You have proof of this?
Do you xtians have proof there is? You claim to, yet you refuse to share. Why?
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>. Your words are not proof that God does not exist
Your desire to believe is not proof of your god.

“How You Treat Me”

#693903 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Nor can he disapear just because you do not believe; period :)
That didn't even make sense.

You say there is a god; you are obligated to offer evidence if you expect anyone to believe you.

Get cracking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Game GUIDE Download [PDF] (Jul '13) 3 min Logical 20
the REAL REASON the state of California lost to... 4 min Doctor REALITY 4
The Next O.J. & Nicole 11 min Doctor REALITY 11
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min hojo 596,198
"Hey!!!! Do you think I have an ODD-SHAPED HEAD... 29 min Doctor REALITY 23
the real reason Obama allowed and mosque near G... 34 min Doctor REALITY 3
"How much WIGGLIN' you plan on DOIN'??! lol 44 min Doctor REALITY 3
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 53 min I Am No One_ 444,300
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Mr Wiggley 932
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Pegdeninchina 612,606
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web