Prove there's a god.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#693978 Feb 20, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
@ChristineM
will you answer that question, i am curious because i don't know?
I know that the fruit fly experiment didn't cause mutations
Answered in post http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

“Be strong ...”

#693979 Feb 20, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> And? isn't that what they do? i saw the same guy on a different show saying they made mistakes on several things and was having to rethink their previous thoughts. Doesn't mean i think anything other than what dude said. My being whatever has nothing to do with my curiosity christine, thank you. you're the one that seems to think everything they say is fact, when clearly it's not! i am objectionable like you or anyone else, i am not closed minded to anything. i simply don't know unlike you whom seems to think you know or have all the answers, when you don't!
Unlike religion this is the nature of science, it progresses as new discoveries are made and this is what godbost hate, progress. They believe themselves very apt to using the benefits of science to mock that science and somehow are blind to their hypocrisy.

Why do you think that I believe everything they (scientist) say is fact, I was the one who showed you that this Elvis story was not fact.

Oh yes you are objectionable and I am afraid you are extremely closed minded when it come to a choice of ignoring fact in favour of sticking with your indoctrinated belief of bronze age slaves.

I make no clam to knowing all the answers only some of them. But those I know I actually do know, I don’t just believe because that’s what I have been told to believe.

“Be strong ...”

#693980 Feb 20, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, right you are, however, it might come in handy :-)
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle
This is true and I actually have found it a good source of ammunition in the past. Some godbot says something odd, you can pretty much guarantee to find it on creation.com or the discovery institute site and that’s a dead give-away that it’s total garbage with no validation or academic/scientific credibility whatsoever.

“Be strong ...”

#693981 Feb 20, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Man kind will be doomed to his own destruction if we continue to ask for the truth but refuse to listen..
You said it son, so why do you refuse to listen?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#693982 Feb 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know. This is the difference between knowledge and faith
You have faith that there is a god because some escaped slave in the bronze age said so.
I know that gods cannot exist because it is a technical, physical, logical impossibility that they can exist as described in the myths. On top of that there are over 3700 such god myths and each and every one has a distinct and total lack of any evidence
You are welcome you your faith and I will keep my knowledge
I have faith in nothing but myself christine and there are times when i lack that. I agree the odds are stacked against a God but that doesn't mean he's not there. I think it's about more in the way of living not on proof. Belief in something goes way back to the ancient Sumerians who believed they were created beings, So belief is not something new, he!! and not just them, it was globally back then and science has been applying their knowledge to it for as long as it's been science to no avail, now why or why not they can't prove or disprove it, i do not know. I am not blind to religion and how destructive it can be in some cases but it can be helpful in others. words can heal as much as they can hurt..I watched a show last night about the ancient Egyption culture and the bases of their religion, they showed an underground pyramid, huge, now what in the he!! drove them people to do that? it was like some kind of doorway to me but that's just the way i saw it, it was an interesting show and gave me some insight on their thinking, it seemed the pyramid was for some kind of worship, really strange but anyhoo, irecknso!

Location hidden

#693983 Feb 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it son, so why do you refuse to listen?
I don't refuse to listen christine but i also don't think the right question of truth has been asked. one can't just assume truth because one thinks they have all the answers, one has to way and look at options and decide what that truth is on his own not by what someone says it is. I have believed others truth and been bitten by it more than once..

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#693984 Feb 20, 2014
Sock Puppet Master wrote:
<quoted text>
people are born atheist. their parents indoctrinate them into their religion. later in life, some are fortunate enough to reject that indoctrination and to become atheist once again.
Ya, I've heard.

Dogs are atheists, too.

That's your clan.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#693985 Feb 20, 2014
Some Stoner Dude wrote:
Religion has poisoned the mind of mankind. Look what it did to you.
It helped me become rational, peaceful, obedient and caring.

What has atheism! done for you?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#693986 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why can't your precious scientists agree on a theory of Gravity?
Why don't all rivers flow the same?
Why are people's faces all different?
Why do some Topix Atheists! say that atheism is default while others say that atheism must be learned?
Because things are different and people are different.
I thought you knew.
Catcher1 wrote:
Why are you such an idiot?
Why, why, why?
Nice.

Scar told me to "justfuckinggoogleit " and you call me an idiot.

Neither of you answered one single question.

Imagine that...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#693987 Feb 20, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
“37 The Israelites journeyed from Rameses to Sukkoth. There were about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children.38 Many other people went up with them, and also large droves of livestock, both flocks and herds. 39 With the dough the Israelites had brought from Egypt, they baked loaves of unleavened bread. The dough was without yeast because they had been driven out of Egypt and did not have time to prepare food for themselves.”
Exodus 12;37-39 NIV
Notice it says 'besides women and children' and 'many other people' You can check around, but you will find that almost all Biblical scholars think over a million people were being talked about here.
Even if it were just a few thousand over the 600,000 men it would make no difference at all. That there has never been found 1 iota of archaeological evidence to support the story of 6,00,000+/ 1,000,000+ Hebrews wandering the Sinai desert for 40 years....nothing at all.
Egypt has no record of having a large Hebrew slave population. We know the pyramids were not built by Hebrews.
In fact there is no tangible evidence that the Exodus ever happened.
Why do you think that is.....?
Because it's a friggin desert.

If you went camping there last week, there'd be no evidence of it today.

Location hidden

#693988 Feb 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That my dear is entropy in action
What do you consider new? Last week, last year, last century, last millennium, last epoch?
Well, the cave dwelling Langkawi bent-toed gecko (Cyrtodactylus macrotuberculatus) never existed prior to about 15 or 20 years ago
The pygmy three-toed sloth (Bradypus pygmaeus) is new, it never existed prior to 10,000 years ago.
So how about humanity? No trace of anything even resembling human before half a million years ago. And they developed from the early genus homo, which didn’t exist before about 6 million years ago. They developed from species of apes that didn’t exist before about 40 million years ago. They developed from rodent like primates that didn’t exist prior to 76 million years ago. In all this time except for the last few hundred thousand years there has be absolutely no trace of human like animals
However this is the problem with godbots, they have no appreciation of time. Vast swathes of time, I am not talking about a lie in on a Sunday morning, I am talking millions and billions of years.
But they're not new species christine, they have basically same body type as others, just a different variation of same species nothing new about them. they didn't just come into being because they never was, did they? they're different variations of dogs, cats, bats, horses, cows, etc, etc, but the different variations come from breeding, not because they never was and just spontaneousy combusted. you have the belief you're right cause of you're studies and research, others have belief in what they believe in basically for the same reason. there was more ancient cultures that believed in a higher power, than there wasn't..

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#693989 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Hold on. A million +?!
Where do you get that figure? The Bible is clear.
"The total number was 603,550."
http://mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/ ...
And that was over two years after the Exodus.
scaritual wrote:
One year after.
Wrong.

"...the first day of the second month of the second year after the Israelites came out of Egypt."

http://mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/...

More than two years.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#693990 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Oh, God.... Another friggin political speech?!
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
I understand; Hitler's political speeches that seem to support your view are acceptable, but those that do not aren't.
You are allowed to use his political speeches that denigrate christianity, but we are not allowed to use his political speeches that promote it.
Wrong.

I've never used a political speech of Hitler's.

Try again.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#693991 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
"The heaviest blow that ever struck humanity was the coming of Christianity. Bolshevism is Christianity's illegitimate child. Both are inventions of the Jew." -Hitler, July, 1941
"Pure Christianity— the Christianity of the catacombs— is concerned with translating the Christian doctrine into facts. It leads quite simply to the annihilation of mankind. It is merely whole hearted Bolshevism, under a tinsel of metaphysics." -Hitler, December, 1941
No Christian would utter those words.
Now what do you have? More political speeches?
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Well,*you* get to use his political speeches; why can't *I*?
RiversideRedneck: "BECAUSE I DON'T APPROVE!!!"
Too friggnin' bad.
Wrong.

I didn't use political speeches.

Try again.

Location hidden

#693992 Feb 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever… At least you now admit that the word was probably a later substitution. No probably about it though
Yes i admit it and don't care to but you're putting me down because i don't understand. You don't have to be condescending about it but you chose to be and i except that, it's not about having all the answers christine but asking the right questions, which you seem to think that you have all the answers and you don't..

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#693993 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It helped me become rational, peaceful, obedient and caring.
What has atheism! done for you?
Sure.

You hit babies.

You hit women.

You call black people monkeys.

You attack defenseless people with a club.

You call marriage sanctified, and walk out on your wife.

You are utter scum.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#693994 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why can't your precious scientists agree on a theory of Gravity?
Why don't all rivers flow the same?
Why are people's faces all different?
Why do some Topix Atheists! say that atheism is default while others say that atheism must be learned?
Because things are different and people are different.
I thought you knew.
<quoted text>
Nice.
Scar told me to "justfuckinggoogleit " and you call me an idiot.
Neither of you answered one single question.
Imagine that...
Stupid questions from a total idiot don't deserve answers.

OTTG

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#693995 Feb 20, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.
You hit babies.
You hit women.
You call black people monkeys.
You attack defenseless people with a club.
You call marriage sanctified, and walk out on your wife.
You are utter scum.
He is a perfect Southern Baptist.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#693996 Feb 20, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>He is a perfect Southern Baptist.
*shudders*

“Be strong ...”

#693997 Feb 20, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I have faith in nothing but myself christine and there are times when i lack that. I agree the odds are stacked against a God but that doesn't mean he's not there. I think it's about more in the way of living not on proof. Belief in something goes way back to the ancient Sumerians who believed they were created beings, So belief is not something new, he!! and not just them, it was globally back then and science has been applying their knowledge to it for as long as it's been science to no avail, now why or why not they can't prove or disprove it, i do not know. I am not blind to religion and how destructive it can be in some cases but it can be helpful in others. words can heal as much as they can hurt..I watched a show last night about the ancient Egyption culture and the bases of their religion, they showed an underground pyramid, huge, now what in the he!! drove them people to do that? it was like some kind of doorway to me but that's just the way i saw it, it was an interesting show and gave me some insight on their thinking, it seemed the pyramid was for some kind of worship, really strange but anyhoo, irecknso!
More than stacked against. So you think it’s about morality, is that christian morality, that bastardised morality that damns anyone not christian to hell for not being christian or human morality that existed tens of thousands of years before the late jc was a twinkle in Tiberius Panteras eye?

True that belief in creation gods has been around for a few thousand years, belief in other gods has been around longer, perhaps 10 thousand or so. The creation myth came from the Mother goddess, the one god idea probably from Akhenatan. It’s all just a mishmash of belief from the stone age and bronze age with a bit of iron age mixed in.

Why science can or can’t disprove magic or at least faith in magic is because magic in not a natural phenomenon. Science does not concern itself with the supernatural. However as a side effect of the greatest formula ever devised at least 2400 or the 3700 mythical gods can be proved not to exist. That included the abrahamic god.

As to why they, the Egyptians did it, why do christians build cathedrals? Why do Muslims build mosques?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 13 min Bear Claw 58,756
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Michael 695,275
MESSAGE to Adam Lanza IN HELL 2 hr Sandy Hook 1
paypal/cc to bitcoin carding method 2018 working 4 hr james 2
8 Seconds to Church Street 7 hr Doctor REALITY 13
Malaia Obama: another blind "gold digger" on th... 7 hr Doctor REALITY 1
14 year old boy horny need girls on Snapchat 7 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 hr majority 446,201
More from around the web