Prove there's a god.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#693591 Feb 18, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
The existence of jesus/god is precisely the basis of discussion here; there is no bible god (the bible itself clearly shows that) and jesus never existed. The four authors of "scripture" all contradict each other.
If this jesus was seen by so many people, why are there only four accounts of him---four *conflicting* accounts---without a single description of him?
<quoted text>
That dog doesn't hunt.
The anonymous authors were not witnesses to what they wrote about. That's all been covered earlier.
<quoted text>
Did you know that the novel "Dracula" took place in Londo
Did you know that there really is a Whitby Harbor?
Using *your* logic, "Dracula" was a real story.
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Not logic.. FACT! you're just being ignorant
I know fact, and I know logic, and I know that the bible is a book of lies. I've read it. Those four "gospel" accounts were written more than a century *after* they allegedly happened.
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>now..what the fk that got to do with anything? they wouldn't interjected a fictional person into that story,
What they wrote was hearsay, not objective, personally observed facts.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#693592 Feb 18, 2014
<quoted text>
And for good reason.
Why are you ashamed to admit you're a xtian?
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> If i was a Christian i would not be ashamed to admit it. Why would i be? I could care less about what y'all thought, No shame here..
You are the one who is pushing the buybull, claiming it to be fact, yet you deny being a christian; are you ashamed to admit it, or what?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#693593 Feb 18, 2014
<quoted text>
The world ended in 2001; the buybull said so.
Sorry you missed it.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The bible doesn't give a date for an apocalyptic event.
Your buybull is deliberately vague on that point; that's how you xtians get to interpret it anydamn way you want. Professional psychics work the same way.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#693594 Feb 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
well, it happened near the corner of Winona St and Broadway Ave. there is a Hispanic store near that corner. the owner is Andres. you can ask Andres if he knows a guy named Jeff who distributes religious pamphlets. Jeff told me people in that store know him.
You are going to repeat this bullshit to yourself until you have completely convinced yourself of your lie.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#693595 Feb 18, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
My father was pretty good with mythology. He might have been a pretty devout Xian, but he knew all about the Greek and Roman deities.
So could anyone be, if they're willing to do the research. That's much easier, with the 'net.
At the moment, I've been studying Babylonian mythology. In The Descent of Inanna; the goddess spent 3 days in the Underworld, impaled on a meathook. Sounds a little like the story they're going to tell us again in a couple of months @ Easter.
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh NO!
They can't impale the EASTER BUNNY!
Too late. The Easter Bunny already died for all of our sins in a fiery helicopter crash, while he was delivering chocolate Easter eggs to all the little homeless refugee children in Haiti.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#693596 Feb 18, 2014
<quoted text>
The existence of jesus/god is precisely the basis of discussion here; there is no bible god (the bible itself clearly shows that) and jesus never existed. The four authors of "scripture" all contradict each other.
If this jesus was seen by so many people, why are there only four accounts of him---four *conflicting* accounts---without a single description of him?
<quoted text>
That dog doesn't hunt.
The anonymous authors were not witnesses to what they wrote about. That's all been covered earlier.
<quoted text>
Did you know that the novel "Dracula" took place in London?
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>People way smarter than you have believed that Jesus walked the Earth.
http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article...
There are plenty of people who are smarter than me; there are even *MORE* people who are smarter than you---including me.

Belief is just that; belief. Learn to tell the difference between "belief" and "knowledge."

See that? I *told* you I'm smarter than you. Waaayyyy smarter.

Doesn't that just piss you off?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#693597 Feb 19, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
well, that is a very good thought Pusherman.:)
DNA is used by man to know the family history, or to find the real killer, etc. DNA is probably useful only here on earth.
I am not sure if God has a DNA. for sure humans have.
I believe the only way to prove God's presence is via Miracles. that is what Jeff said, that is what other posters said like Tony, etc etc
And I agree with all of those believers who experienced real Miracles.
Yeah but i'm talking about how life itself is encoded in it. Nothing random about it.

Location hidden

#693598 Feb 19, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if the Sumerians and Akkadians invented writing, theirs would be the first recorded history. Because nobody who lived before them would be able to make records, except for a few cave paintings.
They were essentially prehistoric.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/prehistoric
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prehis...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehistory
BS!!

Location hidden

#693599 Feb 19, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
"I think DNA is proof of Gods existence...Just a thought.. "
Pfft.
nothing random about it..

Location hidden

#693600 Feb 19, 2014
Yes, tectonic plate movement. Didn't you hear about that in high school? The History Channel just ran a show recently about the San Andreas fault, and covered plate tectonics in detail.
<quoted text>
No scientist says evolution is BS. None. Those people who push creationism and "intellilgent design" are not scientists, they are hucksters for religion.
And the ones you put your faith in isn't? They was saying the Evolutionist scientist was hucksters for Evolution. so go figure..

Location hidden

#693601 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That dog doesn't hunt.
<quoted text>
Did you know that the novel "Dracula" took place in Londo
<quoted text>
I know fact, and I know logic, and I know that the bible is a book of lies. I've read it. Those four "gospel" accounts were written more than a century *after* they allegedly happened.
<quoted text>
What they wrote was hearsay, not objective, personally observed facts.
I have read it 4x's. it might be lies to you cause you don't wanna believe it. so you're saying no one in the Bible is actual figures in history?

Location hidden

#693602 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
And for good reason.
Why are you ashamed to admit you're a xtian?
<quoted text>
You are the one who is pushing the buybull, claiming it to be fact, yet you deny being a christian; are you ashamed to admit it, or what?
I am no more Christian than you. I am not pushing nothing but product.. we are talking on the Book..

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#693603 Feb 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> nothing random about it..
You don't get it, you said you weren't christian , and you wouldn't be afraid to admit it.

The whole DNA is proof of god is a christian concept, which means you're lying.
Another famous christian trait in topix.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#693604 Feb 19, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You don't get it, you said you weren't christian , and you wouldn't be afraid to admit it.

Not just in topix.

Location hidden

#693605 Feb 19, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it, you said you weren't christian , and you wouldn't be afraid to admit it.
No, you don't get it! Just because i think it don't mean i live it...Now what part of that don't you understand?
Alona Israel

Covington, GA

#693607 Feb 19, 2014
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
Prove there isn't one. You must live by faith otherwise, you will be eternally confused. Don't do that to yourself.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#693608 Feb 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Of course there's none prior, how could they be? If there was it would've been found with their other ancient writings of the time you mentioned, and it's for no other reason than the flood.. Has nothing to do with magic but merely open ones eyes and looking at and comparing what has been discovered and it's plain as the nose on your face.. The same person that came up with E=MC2 said "Reality Is Merely An Illusion" Einstein Right?
Correct, so why are you making such stupid statements that it should exist because you believe it should exist? The evidence does not exist, and until any evidence is found then end of story.

Again, what flood. It seems that I am going to have to go through the evidence and reasons why it is known that noahs flood did not happen, this list is not complete by a long way but it can be verified.

1. Remember that stuff that you are quite happy to convict a felon with 100% certainty of guilt? It’s called DNA and there is no argument that DNA shows a direct line to Y chromosome Adam and mitochondrial Eve. If such a flood had occurred then the DNA would not show direct dependence. Also not that Ydna Adam and Mdna Eve lived several thousand years apart, a flood as described would show the DNA lines starting at the same time.

2 The Geological evidence, geological column does not show any evidence of such a worldwide event. It does show worldwide evidence of volcanic action and it does show worldwide evidence of meteor impact. It does show evidence of local flood events at different times but nowhere does it show evidence of world wide flood event.

3 I once calculate the amount of water required to cover the earth to above the highest mount as specified in the babble (I am not the only one to do this). And it is somewhere around 80 million times more than has actually ever existed on earth. It would also require more than about 150,000 times the average daily rainfall, every single day for about a year.

4 Even with today’s technology it is completely impossible to build a wooden vessel of the size indicated in the babble.

5 The Americas and Austrilasia were unknown so how did Noah collect those animals

6 The seas have never been diluted to the extent of 80 million to 1

7 Sea creatures could not survive in such dilute conditions, yet they have survived.

8 Where were the seven blue whales stored?

9 Where was the food (some requiring special diets) for around 80 million animals stored?,

10 How were climatic conditions required for different species controlled in the Ark?

11 Who did the mucking out of 80 million animals?

It has everything to do with faith and nothing to do with reality, nothing to do with evidence and nothing to do with fact. You may believe whatever you want to believe but what you believe is faith. Only when you can provide physical, falsifiable evidence does it become fact and at that point your faith is gone.

And I see you have a propensity for cherry picking, his entire quote was “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”

He also said “Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.”

And “It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it”

Location hidden

#693609 Feb 19, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't lie, lying shows very little character. I am not a fan of lying..

Location hidden

#693610 Feb 19, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just in topix.
And not just by Christians either..So why in the he!! y'all think you're any better?
Alona Israel

Covington, GA

#693611 Feb 19, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just in topix.
All religions are man-made. The bible don't talk about religions except how they don't serve god's purpose. Of course, the religions of today do do one thing, and that is give people a foundation for righteousness. Religions were built on people's efforts to do good and serve god to the best of their ability. He recognizes that and say well done, but that still isn't what matters to him. Read the bible page for page and try to get some idea of what Yahweh really want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min truth 667,986
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min truth 183,654
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 46,044
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr MUQ2 92,793
Witches and Warlocks will burn in Hell ! (Oct '11) 1 hr Paige 26
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 619,238
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr onemale 286,102
More from around the web