Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#693559 Feb 18, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
And for good reason.
Why are you ashamed to admit you're a xtian?
If i was a Christian i would not be ashamed to admit it. Why would i be? I could care less about what y'all thought, No shame here..

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#693560 Feb 18, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
He was the typical devout christian, only difference being that he got power.
Adolf Hitler was raised in the catholic denom but as an adult he was a lutheran and admired Martin Luther, another christian lunatic.
Not hard to imagine what would happen if the average horrible christian, even ones in topix, got some power.
Especially considering the state of christian nations.
I thought old Adolf was always a Catholic. Believe the Pope is those days was a Nazi sympathiser, but don't have time to do the research now.

He certainly wasn't an atheist.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#693561 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, no.
I'm all done with this reductio ad Hitlerum.
Have fun.
It's called Godwin's Law.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#693562 Feb 18, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
No one else noticed a man standing in the rain and not getting wet, let alone his pamphlets? At 8:00 pm on June 30th in Chicago there would be plenty of people milling about, especially with a store close by, but not one of them noticed the large dry semicircle your friend was standing in? He's stopping people to talk to them, yet no one could see he remained dry? One would think an event like that would draw a crowd - people taking pictures and videos with their phones - but you've stated only you and Jeff (I believe that's his name) witnessed it. Rain doesn't stop urban dwellers from going out and at 8:00 pm or before there would be sufficient light for others to see what you supposedly saw, even if it was overcast. I'm afraid your story is going to be a very hard sell...
when I passed by him he was distributing his religious materials. I remember there was one lady Jeff was giving his materials to. then I went to the Hispanic store.

when came out of the store, I passed by Jeff again and he said, "It's a Miracle". then I saw those 2 perfect dry semi circles. at that time, only me and Jeff was around. I did not see anybody else. then I told him, "I can't believe this". then I went home.

I don't know if others saw it after I left. I don't know. when I left, Jeff was alone.

i remember before i left Jeff, i asked him if he used an umbrella or something ? he said he did not use anything..

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#693563 Feb 18, 2014
Just Think wrote:
I was referring to Pusherman or whatever his name is...now, it seems, there is more than one nut sack.
<quoted text>
Can't argue with that.
I think the more radical fringie xtian fundies hate the catholics, and therefore deny that they're christians (can't go hatin' on their bretheren, can they?), because of all the saints, the statues of Mary, and the fact that in recent years the Catholic Church has embraced evolution. They feel threatened because the Catholics seem, in some ways, to be more progressive.
People like Shorty "Waaasssuuup" and that ilk want to bring back the auto-da-fe.
Yes, I certainly had heard that line about the Catholics from my parents' church a long time ago. Long before I ever logged on these threads.

In actual fact, the RCs are the biggest Xian denomination.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#693564 Feb 18, 2014
to those of you who think that i come here posting in order to get attention ? no way Jose !!

i come here to tell everyone that I witnessed a real Miracle last June 30, 2011. and i am here to tell everyone that Miracles do happen, and Miracles are proofs of God's presence.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#693565 Feb 18, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong. The more people learn about him the more they recognize what a loon he is.
Only lunatics like you praise this hypocrite.
Well, doesn't it take one to know one. LOL.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#693566 Feb 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
to those of you who think that i come here posting in order to get attention ? no way Jose !!
i come here to tell everyone that I witnessed a real Miracle last June 30, 2011. and i am here to tell everyone that Miracles do happen, and Miracles are proofs of God's presence.
I think DNA is proof of Gods existence...Just a thought..

“Life is short. Live it”

Since: Apr 10

Nebraska

#693567 Feb 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
when I passed by him he was distributing his religious materials. I remember there was one lady Jeff was giving his materials to. then I went to the Hispanic store.
when came out of the store, I passed by Jeff again and he said, "It's a Miracle". then I saw those 2 perfect dry semi circles. at that time, only me and Jeff was around. I did not see anybody else. then I told him, "I can't believe this". then I went home.
I don't know if others saw it after I left. I don't know. when I left, Jeff was alone.
i remember before i left Jeff, i asked him if he used an umbrella or something ? he said he did not use anything..
I know I would trust a guy on a street corner in Chicago giving out religious stuff to not lie about something like that.........

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#693568 Feb 18, 2014
<quoted text>
The world ended in 2001; the buybull said so.
Sorry you missed it.
The bible doesn't give a date for an apocalyptic event.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#693570 Feb 18, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I think DNA is proof of Gods existence...Just a thought..
well, that is a very good thought Pusherman.:)

DNA is used by man to know the family history, or to find the real killer, etc. DNA is probably useful only here on earth.

I am not sure if God has a DNA. for sure humans have.

I believe the only way to prove God's presence is via Miracles. that is what Jeff said, that is what other posters said like Tony, etc etc

And I agree with all of those believers who experienced real Miracles.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#693571 Feb 18, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> What i don't understand is, they say the Sumerian text(symbolism) is the oldest known form of writing that has been found to date right? It was obviously after the great flood, yet they say some ancient cultures are thousands of years older. If that be the case, why are the Sumerian text the oldest? don't tell me it's because no writings or anything have been found, cause if they was that much older with the knowledge of some of them cultures( India, Chinese) they would have written down a wealth of their knowledge. Yet the Sumerian is the oldest known, why is that? Something ain't jelling! What about whale bones in the desert, aquatic life being found high up, how did it get there?
Well if the Sumerians and Akkadians invented writing, theirs would be the first recorded history. Because nobody who lived before them would be able to make records, except for a few cave paintings.

They were essentially prehistoric.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/prehistoric
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prehis...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehistory
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#693572 Feb 18, 2014
-RUSH- wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I would trust a guy on a street corner in Chicago giving out religious stuff to not lie about something like that.........
well, it happened near the corner of Winona St and Broadway Ave. there is a Hispanic store near that corner. the owner is Andres. you can ask Andres if he knows a guy named Jeff who distributes religious pamphlets. Jeff told me people in that store know him.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#693573 Feb 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaaa

Noun: hallucination
1. Illusory perception; a common symptom of severe mental disorder
2. A mistaken or unfounded opinion or idea
3. An object perceived during a hallucinatory episode

Noun: illusion
1. An erroneous mental representation
2. Something that many people believe but is false
3. The act of deluding; deception by creating illusory ideas
4. An illusory feat; considered magical by naive observers

WordWeb Pro 7.02

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#693574 Feb 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Only obvious when you know what was being spoken of, otherwise all you have is guesswork
The Egyptians had different gods, what is your problem with that? The Greeks had different gods too and the Romans and the Northern Europeans and the far eastern religions all had/have different gods. So what? There are over 3700 different gods that people have invented, more than 2400 of them are said to be the one god, the omnipotent god.
You cannot combine the beliefs of 2 religions in the way that best suites your hatred of one religion. You really need to understand both religions and I can see by your venomous attacks on ancient Egypt that you do not understand that religions. Perhaps the snake symbol was taken from Egypt by the Hebrews and distorted, that has no relevance to how the snake was considered in Egypt
Yes Ackhenaten worshipped the “Sun” god and named the Sun the one god, it is my belief and that of many other people to be the source of the Judaism and hence christian one god idea.
Yes so, they worshipped the after life. So do christians.
My father was pretty good with mythology. He might have been a pretty devout Xian, but he knew all about the Greek and Roman deities.

So could anyone be, if they're willing to do the research. That's much easier, with the 'net.

At the moment, I've been studying Babylonian mythology. In The Descent of Inanna; the goddess spent 3 days in the Underworld, impaled on a meathook. Sounds a little like the story they're going to tell us again in a couple of months @ Easter.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#693575 Feb 18, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe not by the same name, but he was there.. Who or What is Einky? Sure it was teaching that, but look at whom it was directed at. Amalakites, Canaanites, Rephaites and the Ammonites, all considered to be giants. as descendants of falling angels, Nephilliam and the slaughtering of them was justified because of the falling angels breeding with women of the earth, Evil..men, women and children!!
Do you mean Enki? He was the head god in Babylonian mythology, his title Lord of the Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enki
http://www.halexandria.org/dward184.htm
http://etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/section1/tr112.h...

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#693576 Feb 18, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the book of the dead IS the book of life. Christianity is built upon the sayings and principles of it all.....They were adapted and perverted starting with Moses.
Surprise! Suprise!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#693577 Feb 18, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
My father was pretty good with mythology. He might have been a pretty devout Xian, but he knew all about the Greek and Roman deities.
So could anyone be, if they're willing to do the research. That's much easier, with the 'net.
At the moment, I've been studying Babylonian mythology. In The Descent of Inanna; the goddess spent 3 days in the Underworld, impaled on a meathook. Sounds a little like the story they're going to tell us again in a couple of months @ Easter.
Oh NO!
They can't impale the EASTER BUNNY!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#693578 Feb 18, 2014
<quoted text>
The existence of jesus/god is precisely the basis of discussion here; there is no bible god (the bible itself clearly shows that) and jesus never existed. The four authors of "scripture" all contradict each other.
If this jesus was seen by so many people, why are there only four accounts of him---four *conflicting* accounts---without a single description of him?
<quoted text>
That dog doesn't hunt.
The anonymous authors were not witnesses to what they wrote about. That's all been covered earlier.
<quoted text>
Did you know that the novel "Dracula" took place in London?
Did you know that there really is a Whitby Harbor?
Using *your* logic, "Dracula" was a real story.
People way smarter than you have believed that Jesus walked the Earth.

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article...

“Life is short. Live it”

Since: Apr 10

Nebraska

#693579 Feb 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
well, it happened near the corner of Winona St and Broadway Ave. there is a Hispanic store near that corner. the owner is Andres. you can ask Andres if he knows a guy named Jeff who distributes religious pamphlets. Jeff told me people in that store know him.
Why did he choose you and Jeff?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Huff post is a joke 286,594
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Seentheotherside 687,339
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Wizard Droppings 31,215
-----*ANTICHRIST on world stage----- 2 hr NewsGlobal 1
strangers f*ck wife in adult theater (Jul '15) 2 hr BandT 16
My "thorn in the flesh" God won't fix....this s... 3 hr Poo Bears 7
Are Quadroons and Griffes Considered Mulatto? (Aug '10) 5 hr Johnny 47
More from around the web