Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#692866 Feb 15, 2014
Zachary Gima wrote:
<quoted text>Your assumptions of stupidity off my statement is pure ignorance in itself. There was no particular point in my comments where I professed a belief in anything myself, only that human beings in general need something to believe in for day-to-day and long-term existence (whether spiritual in nature or not).
To the agnostic, it is usually goal driven at a personal level but it is a faith in something nonetheless (i.e. work hard and you will get ahead, save enough money and you can retire, eat right and you will be healthy, etc, etc, etc).
You connected your own dots and tossed me in the pool of your personal hatred towards something that I never claimed to be a part of…..
Did I imply you? I guess you just connected the dots and implied yourself.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#692867 Feb 15, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Someone gets all sh!tty when you refuse to web cam with them.
Watch out ladies.
If that makes you feel better..

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#692868 Feb 15, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Gods are needed to define just how stupid you are.
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> D@ mn, it's like that?
Yes it is like that.... The more you need a god, the more stupid you are.
Just an observation. Just look at the state the GOP has gotten itself into.

Location hidden

#692869 Feb 15, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say I "don't like" what you post.
The more religinuts abuse people, the better to see them.
So, you can't prove any "god" exists either huh?
you can't disprove him either huh? Doc, i figure it is, what it is, either he is or he isn't. Not gonna change the way i live either way.. i control my own destiny by the choices i make, not by what some religion says..I damn sure just don't jump on a wagon to fit in, with anyone or anything.. i been a loner all my life and will continue to be so...

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#692870 Feb 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>If that makes you feel better..
Irecknso.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#692871 Feb 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> haha! you are somethin else Kait...who the he11 says suckle, haha!!
Well, there's suckin' and then there's sucklin'. I think that's how those two get nourishment from each other.

They certainly do feed on each other's stupidity.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#692872 Feb 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>you can't disprove him either huh? Doc, i figure it is, what it is, either he is or he isn't. Not gonna change the way i live either way.. i control my own destiny by the choices i make, not by what some religion says..I damn sure just don't jump on a wagon to fit in, with anyone or anything.. i been a loner all my life and will continue to be so...
This isn't the "prove a god does not exist thread".

Besides, the complete and utter absence of any god whatsoever, is glaringly obvious.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#692873 Feb 15, 2014
Zachary Gima wrote:
<quoted text>Gods are still needed as is faith, for they is what compels many people in their day-to-day life. Within a secularly working environment, we have faith that if we do a commendable job with will stay employed and possibly deserve structured wage increases for our efforts.
Believe is things that are not “a given” can make better human beings out of many of us.
Why on earth would we still need gods??

It always amuses me to see people in church services, both attendees, and clergy with their colorful and bizarre dresses and hats. Especially the Catholics.

They are praying to a mythical 2,000 to 3,000 year old god, or son of god, to make them wealthy, or to cure some illness, or let them win the lottery.

Never mind that it has been proven that prayers never work.

Its just so.......

Medieval...so.......

primeval...so.....

silly.

You write:
"Within a secularly <sic> working environment, we have faith that if we do a commendable job with will stay employed and possibly deserve structured wage increases for our efforts."

Haven't worked much with the 1% have you??

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#692874 Feb 15, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there's suckin' and then there's sucklin'. I think that's how those two get nourishment from each other.
They certainly do feed on each other's stupidity.
I think the Bible mentions the word 'suckle'...:-)

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#692875 Feb 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> thank you, but most on here think it's all due to religion that we're on the road to destruction and the rest just wanna ride along on the coat tails of them.. all mankind is a contributor and not just religion as some think..
People---xtians and muslims---use their religion to justify their actions. They have convinced themselves that it is what "God" wants.

"Praise the lord and pass the ammo!" "Allah akhbar!!" Both sides are equally reprehensible.

I have a nasty feeling that when Obama leaves office in 2016, the political pendulum will swing even further to the right than it did to the left in '08. It *gains* momentum rather than loses it, and swings further and further from one extreme to the other.

Maybe I'll take my girl and my dog, and go build a cabin on a beach in Baja, and tell the religious world and the liberal world to kiss my ass.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#692876 Feb 15, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Someone gets all sh!tty when you refuse to web cam with them.
Watch out ladies.
I haven't even got a web cam. I guess I'm lucky that way.

Or cheap.

;)

Location hidden

#692877 Feb 15, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Gods are needed to define just how stupid you are.
<quoted text>
Yes it is like that.... The more you need a god, the more stupid you are.
Just an observation. Just look at the state the GOP has gotten itself into.
I think everyone has something they turn to when things aren't going right. whether it be religion, drugs, sex, food or whatever. we all have a need to believe in something. I personally don't think God is what a lot of people believe he is. I do think there is something greater than I, but it's in the flow of the universe as one, it's an energy, i guess! I think one can tap into it by doing what's right, kinda like Karma, if prayer and the belief in God help some people get thru their life, so be it, I am not anyone to tell them they're right or wrong for it, live and let die is the way i see it..

Location hidden

#692878 Feb 15, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Bible mentions the word 'suckle'...:-)
I think the term suckle is also used for a nursing infant on a mothers breast..

Location hidden

#692879 Feb 15, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't the "prove a god does not exist thread".
Besides, the complete and utter absence of any god whatsoever, is glaringly obvious.
irecknso...religion is not the only problem in the world Doc, granted it is not the solution either..

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#692880 Feb 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> And you're not?
different from you

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#692881 Feb 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
I don't understand why people want stop fighting over who created the world and fight against the people that are destroying it!
but they are the same people

Location hidden

#692882 Feb 15, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
People---xtians and muslims---use their religion to justify their actions. They have convinced themselves that it is what "God" wants.
"Praise the lord and pass the ammo!" "Allah akhbar!!" Both sides are equally reprehensible.
I have a nasty feeling that when Obama leaves office in 2016, the political pendulum will swing even further to the right than it did to the left in '08. It *gains* momentum rather than loses it, and swings further and further from one extreme to the other.
Maybe I'll take my girl and my dog, and go build a cabin on a beach in Baja, and tell the religious world and the liberal world to kiss my ass.
I agree with you. They do use religion to justify killing two towers full of people and i think that's just insane. one can only do the best one can individually to make the world or at least his/her life and the peoples lives around them better. doesn't sammy hagar have a bar down that way somewhere? cabo?

Location hidden

#692883 Feb 15, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
different from you
No, a lot like me. i just don't throw it out there like it's everybody but me..
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#692884 Feb 15, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
No One wants you "on their side"
only idiots like you would say like that. the only side that does not want me are the unbelievers side.

the believers side are not against me. so ? you are a total idiot for saying what you said.

Location hidden

#692885 Feb 15, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
but they are the same people
irecknso Karl, that's why heads will continue to butt..Sad state really when you think of the future and the kids coming up into a world of violence and hate. Motivated by greed and power in some form or another. So much unease and tension between nations and people over this or that, crazy man!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Catcher1 100,716
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Robert F 670,396
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 18 min Tony 30
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 26 min Tony 6,148
the telomere 1 hr Kimberly2017 3
secret weapon contributing to global chaos...pa... 1 hr Kimberly2017 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr waaasssuuup 445,657
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) Wed Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web