Great Album
I'm just a schoolboy.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#692050 Feb 8, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
How is *that* supposed to prove that your jesus is real?

He was between a murderer and a thief , prolly trying to mind his own trip.

Jesus was a Marine.:)

“The love of Paleontology:”

Since: Jan 14

Discover, explore, imagine.

#692051 Feb 8, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Isn't the translation of it messed up enough?
Yep

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#692052 Feb 8, 2014
PaleoGuy wrote:
What language is the Bible written in? Why make a book that no these days can read? Why not update it? We don't know if the translations are right, obviously they're not completely wrong but how do we know exactly what it says or means? If God wrote a book for mankind to fallow that reviles our past then why not update it so we can actually read it? It seams to me that God doesn't care enough to update the Bible so we can actually read it. Is he really that busy?
If the Bible is the word of God, who is the "all mighty" then why are there other religions? Why doesn't everyone read the Bible and see the "truth"?
The Bible was originally written In Hebrew. Ezra and Daniel and one verse in Jeremiah were written in Aramaic. Which was popular in the ancient world and actually displaced many other languages. Aramaic even became the common language spoken in Israel in Jesus' time, and it was likely the language He spoke day by day. The New Testament was written in Greek.

No one is quite sure the total number of Bible translations as that number is a moving target.
That number is considered to be somewhere between 438-468 languages. Some partials number about 2454. There is an estimation of about 4500 languages worldwide. Many of those languages have very few speakers, and the language may die out before a translation is done.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#692053 Feb 8, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's possible to have had one and it didn't. JMO
But you meant Dad's was a Marine; Marines don't retire ..only expire.
And they rub off onto everything they didn't kill.
There are no Ex Marines..... only retired Marines.
Not as lean, but just as mean......

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#692054 Feb 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Dad's a retired Marine; his attitude kinda rubbed off on me.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What?

My dad spent twenty-five years as a Marine; he retired as a Master Gunnery Sergeant. He happened to influence me a lot.

Al Garcia was in the Corps also; he didn't "expire," either.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#692055 Feb 8, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible was originally written In Hebrew. Ezra and Daniel and one verse in Jeremiah were written in Aramaic. Which was popular in the ancient world and actually displaced many other languages. Aramaic even became the common language spoken in Israel in Jesus' time, and it was likely the language He spoke day by day. The New Testament was written in Greek.
No one is quite sure the total number of Bible translations as that number is a moving target.
That number is considered to be somewhere between 438-468 languages. Some partials number about 2454. There is an estimation of about 4500 languages worldwide. Many of those languages have very few speakers, and the language may die out before a translation is done.
Mention the Marines, and they hit the beach. Hi, Al!

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#692056 Feb 8, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no Ex Marines..... only retired Marines.
Not as lean, but just as mean......
*Oo*-rah!

:-D

Check this out:

USMC General vs. NPR Reporter
One of the best quips of all time, this is a portion of a National Public Radio interview between a female reporter and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

Female reporter: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

General Reinwald: We’re going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FR: Shooting! That’s a bit irresponsible, isn’t it?

General: I don’t see why, they’ll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FR: Don’t you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GR: I don’t see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FR: But you’re equipping them to become violent killers.

GR: Well, you’re equipped to be a prostitute, but you’re not one, are you?

The radio went silent, and the interview ended.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#692057 Feb 8, 2014
The Marines—

“The USMC is over 222 years of romping, stomping, hell, death and destruction. The finest fighting machine the world has ever seen. We were born in a bomb crater, our Mother was an M-16, and our Father was the Devil. Each moment that I live is an additional threat upon your life. I am a rough looking, roving soldier of the sea. I am cocky, self-centered, overbearing, and do not know the meaning of fear, for I am fear itself. I am a green amphibious monster, made of blood and guts, who arose from the sea, feasting on anti-Americans throughout the globe. Whenever it may arise, and when my time comes, I will die a glorious death on the battlefield, giving my life for Mom, the Corps, and the American Flag. We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army. On the 7th day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we’ve been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers and talk like sailors and slap the Hell out of both of them. Soldier by day, lover by night, drunkard by choice, MARINE BY GOD!!! OORAH/!!!"
Greens - Tuf

Kurnell, Australia

#692059 Feb 8, 2014
Bloody hell , she is so darn hot down here !

Time for a swim.

What is up with the weather ?

It hasn't rained for months !
Hot weather usually brings storms .......... but nothing.
I'm over it !!!!

#692060 Feb 8, 2014
Greens - Tuf wrote:
Bloody hell , she is so darn hot down here !
Time for a swim.
What is up with the weather ?
It hasn't rained for months !
Hot weather usually brings storms .......... but nothing.
I'm over it !!!!
Maybe you should send a letter to God asking if he could make it rain down there in Australia haha.

#692061 Feb 8, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the point of my post... Thanks anyway mate.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#692062 Feb 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Dad's a retired Marine; his attitude kinda rubbed off on me.
<quoted text>
What?
My dad spent twenty-five years as a Marine; he retired as a Master Gunnery Sergeant. He happened to influence me a lot.
Al Garcia was in the Corps also; he didn't "expire," either.
So was mine he spent 27 retired same rank, I think thats top rank for enlisted.

I was saying they are Marines , till the day they die hunny.
And since they are....and like all of them . They rub off on the people around them
Greens - Tuf

Sydney, Australia

#692063 Feb 8, 2014
PaleoGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should send a letter to God asking if he could make it rain down there in Australia haha.
Now there's a thought.:)
Greens - Tuf

Sydney, Australia

#692064 Feb 8, 2014
PaleoGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
It failed , the letter was returned to sender due to there being no God.:(
Oh well , back to the pool.:)

#692065 Feb 8, 2014
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
It failed , the letter was returned to sender due to there being no God.:(
Oh well , back to the pool.:)
Aw man, sorry to hear that.
Greens - Tufi

Sydney, Australia

#692066 Feb 8, 2014
PaleoGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw man, sorry to hear that.
I'm all good.
Don't worry about me .
Worry about the people with their houses burning down due to the fires.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#692067 Feb 8, 2014
Your brain is so small if you don't believe in God and his Miracles.

As small as this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-S5lc8o47rss/UO8zGLi...

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#692068 Feb 8, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me that mankind created ALL gods in his own image. If some god did create us, you would think there would be at least a little evidence to confirm the hypothesis.
And you know it is only a hypothesis. There is not even enough gathered information or data to lift it out of this hypothetical stage, and we have wasted over 2,000 years listening to Christian wacko's proselytize about 'God' and his son Jesus.
The evidence for the reality of Jesus is fairly weak, and the evidence for the Christian God is totally absent.
Has anyone posted any real evidence for God on this forum thread yet??
the evidence for the existence of (a) god(s) does not rise to that of an hypothesis, it is mere speculation.
Gregory

Poland

#692069 Feb 9, 2014
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what is the source of truth in your world amigo?
<quoted text>
You know who's dumber then a Pollack?
A religious pollack
I heard that in Canada this moose walking through the streets and dogs barking asses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rudy Says Hillary Is A Sick Old Buzzard 3 min Rider on the Storm 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min spider1954 63,244
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Just Think 653,595
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 53 min RiccardoFire 45,224
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 58 min Eagle 12 9,361
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 281,817
How come girls don't like to date east indian g... (Dec '09) 1 hr lucky 175
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Lbj 106,465
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Steve III 618,740
More from around the web