|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it irrelevant?
Because you're thinking in terms of what we have now, not what we could have if designed by an all powerful intelligence. Strictly speaking, a penis and testicles aren't even necessary - I can think of several ways that reproduction could be accomplished without the use of such risky appendages, and I'm not a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Greens - Tuf wrote:
Are we all happy about our hands ?
Is the design of hands not perfect ?
Everything we created is with our hands.
Take one finger away and tell me if you could of designed every thing we have to this moment.
I'm perfectly happy with our bodies... I think they are great. But there is no denying that they could be much better.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

pusherman_ wrote:
smell the sea and feel the sky
let your soul and spirit fly
into the mystic
A Megadeath avatar and a Van Morrison fan.

I like you already.

:o)

"Do what thou shalt be the whole of the law."

Cheers!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
perhaps with the correct technology, it is trivial.
and
perhaps "we" are the equivalent of a high-school science "ant farm"
Perhaps. We would basically be dealing with gods at that point though. Also, if there are no "loopholes" for achieving FTL speed, we would also be dealing with a species of psuedo-gods content to travel for a long, long time, and then just tool around with random people once here. Perhaps they would be functionally immortal, making time more or less irrelevant, but I would still think they'd have a plan beyond "fly around and crash occasionally."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
" Why not encase them in bone"
Well, if they were encased in bone then I would not have a daughter walking on this planet as I speak.
Ha....With the necessary adaptations for proper reproduction, obviously.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
A car engine is designed in such a way that when a certain engine part fails it can be readily accessed for repair.
The human body is no different.
You seem to want to design things in the human body which would make it near impossible to correct, such as testicles encased in bone.
It was just an example off the top of my head, and I myself said it was crude.

I disagree that the body is designed with easy repair in mind. Several important organs are wrapped in bone, including the brain. I also disagree that bone makes repairs near impossible - or else we wouldn't have heart and brain surgery, although this is a recent development.

Anyways, it was just an example - the point is, if we were designed, we were designed poorly. That's not to say that our bodies are not excellent - they are, but we have many flaws that are obvious to anyone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't what made you think when a certain engine part fails it can be readily accessed for repair. That only holds true for a few external parts, because when certain engine parts fail.
It's a major pain in the hine -e to replace them.
But I never knew too many guys that had to get a nut repaired.
I suppose that has to suck with or without a bone. lol
Yeah man. Repairing the damage from a broken timing chain is not easy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I was referring to natural selection, a key mechanism of evolution.
As far as reproductive success of organisms interacting with their environment goes, natural selection sucks. Whales live in the ocean but need to breathe air, chickens can't fly, giraffes can't take a drink of water easily, etc.
<quoted text>
We're not built perfectly enough for you?
Should we have ESP? Ability to fly? Telekinesis?
Maybe you would've done a better job at it....
You completely ignored my entire post, and then repeated yourself. I already explained that the TOE does not predict that every creature will be perfectly suited to their environment. And you don't seem to realize that you're contradicting yourself - on the one hand, you say certain animals have "problems," and on the other, humans are "built perfectly." Which is it? Life is either designed or it is not designed - or do you propose that your god built humans perfectly and did a shoddy job with everything else?

As for humans specifically, you, again, ignored my entire post and attempted to deflect. I said nothing of ESP, I mentioned very real problems with the human body that would not exist if we were designed by a grade schooler, let alone a god.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope........ Never crossed my mind.....
I bet you wondered this though''

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Even "Peeps?"
You'd better stay home this Easter.
You don't know what the word "addictive" means. Stop trying to lecture those of us who do.
<quoted text>
Watched him. Sat up with him. Cleaned his vomit and shit and piss. Held him as he screamed and begged for death.
Yes, I know more than you do. You *hate* that, don't you?
I don't care.
You don't know everything, "Timmyyy!" You believe you know everything because of your pseudoliberal, adolescent ego, but you don't.
Vaffanculo.
Cleaning up after someone who is withdrawing doesn't make you an expert on addiction. And if you want to get into a "personal experience" pissing match regarding addiction, I've known many more than one addict, seen many more than one bout of withdrawal, and experienced more than one death. Does that "win" the debate for me? No, because it's totally irrelevant. The facts that I've posted "won" it for me long ago, you've just failed to realize it. There's a reason everyone else threw in the towel.

Also - "begging for death?" Stop being dramatic.

In addition to actually being educated on the issue, which is where I get my information from, I don't think my personal experience on addiction makes me an expert on its mechanism any more than flying on a plane makes me a pilot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

You said it was addictive, and then you demonstrated you don't know the definition of the word "addictive."
Go away.
<quoted text>
Actually, it's medical. Too many slack-jawed clowns such as yourself misuse the word "addiction."
I'll bet you think your Playstation is "awesome," don't you?
<quoted text>
What, you waited three days to respond to this?
I'm not interested in your uninformed rants, troll. Go away.
Believe it or not, some people don't obsessively check topix every 10 minutes.

But ok, ignore away, if that's what you need to do to protect your ego. My "rant" was a maybe 3 sentence paragraph explaining your mistake.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans have a much wider range of prey.
And we don't have to go to a different environment to get a gulp of air.....
So your argument is... humans are very successful? What?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Because you're thinking in terms of what we have now, not what we could have if designed by an all powerful intelligence. Strictly speaking, a penis and testicles aren't even necessary - I can think of several ways that reproduction could be accomplished without the use of such risky appendages, and I'm not a god.
But would it be as fun as sex?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
A Megadeath avatar and a Van Morrison fan.
I like you already.
:o)
"Do what thou shalt be the whole of the law."
Cheers!
The avatar i actually got from a Hades Angels site where i was reading about him, God Of The Underworld, but yeah, Van Morrison soothes the soul.. Thank You.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

<quoted text>
The questions you ask are all part of this mystery, huh?
"occassionally"?- it seems like everyday that there is a new sighting somewhere. I think you dismiss much.
But you are right - to some they would be "gods" - to others - more smart and technologically advanced. It doesn't mean that they are "greater" than us humans.
IMO - we are "gods" over much - just like the supposed aliens are over their control of physics.
Then again, maybe what we know of physics is limited - as it appears there are some movements in propulsion that we just haven't figured out yet.
- Would that mean that the physics humans know are wrong? No it doesn't. Absence of evidence does not mean the evidence is not there, it just implies that the evidence has not been found.
Another perfect example to go along with this forum's topic - "God" can't be proven either way to exist. But it you apply this logic in the comparison to aliens - there is evidence of aliens (UFO ships / "alien autopsy", etc), but none for "God".
One could put this in a plausible argument that "God" is actually a reference to "aliens".
Cheers!
I don't take the average sighting very seriously, no. The vast majority of sightings are the result of explicable phenomena, although there are some interesting cases.

Yes, I didn't mean to imply by using the word god that they would be "better" than humans - I meant "so technologically advanced that they would be practically indistinguishable from gods."

Yes, we could be wrong about physics, although I'd say the case is pretty strong that no matter can exceed the speed of light. So, these aliens would either have no problem with an *incredibly* long, expensive trip to get here, or they would have discovered a "loophole" in FTL travel. Either way, the time and energy expenditure would be nontrivial for anything but the most advanced species, and I can't understand the motivation behind such a massive undertaking if their only goal would be to streak about the skies for 60 years.

Also, to be clear, I'm almost certain that aliens exist *somewhere.* The universe is just too big for life to only happen once. But it's also so big that the chance that aliens might want to come over here for no other reason than to observe (I guess) seems very small to me. That doesn't mean they haven't, just that I don't consider it very likely.

"Aliens as god." An interesting idea. But to me, it almost seems like this "ancient astronaut" stuff increasingly serves as more or less a religious outlet for people who don't buy into the traditional religions. Not sure if that's what you were getting at though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

<quoted text>
Mutations disprove intelligent design.
Yep.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> But would it be as fun as sex?
Are you having a hard time without a load of cash convincing other people it is?
If you call it sex.... you may get a few volunteers...
Call it free money and you will be trying to escape them volunteering.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> But would it be as fun as sex?
Of course.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you having a hard time without a load of cash convincing other people it is?
If you call it sex.... you may get a few volunteers...
Call it free money and you will be trying to escape them volunteering.
I have no problem getting sex, if that's what you're implying!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I have no problem getting sex, if that's what you're implying!
No not at all, we were talking about selling something other than sex, to replace sex but would it be as good as sex?, yeah even better if it's free money. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

394 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min shyam 4,912
Sudi Arabia Scientists Spreading deadly Ebola v... 13 min Anonymous 5
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 34 min Nice_girl 434
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 34 min Nancy 0563308466 20
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 36 min Buck Crick 224,618
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 40 min KIpetesayKEGOut 115,609
Emmasturbate ...okay so what does this word mea... (May '13) 1 hr Vendzilla 148
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Commander Bunny 256,963
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 533,566