Do you?
Nope. I've never claimed to, either.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#691649 Feb 6, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you do! In fact, you're so dangerously delusional you believe a mythical character has communicated with you. You're certifiably insane and none of us gives a damn about the delusions of a mentally retarded redneck. F*ck off, azzhole!
I don't believe God is a "daddy in the sky", no.

You can repeat yourself a thousand times over, it'll never be true.

I guess I'll just go f*ck off, since you're too stupid to listen.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#691650 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a gay guy wear make up, a blouse and a skirt?!?
Don't gay guys like guys?
Why dress up like a girl?
RR doesn't understand.
hi handsome RR :)

well, there are different types of gays. some are straight acting like Rock Hudson, some are like RuPaul very flamboyant. yes, my buddies and I wore make up, women's clothes, sandals, jewelries, etc. but we wear men's clothes when not attending special occasions. yes, we like guys, and guys only. if we don't dress up like a girl or woman, we won't get a lot of attention. the aim of gay beauty contest is to entertain the whole community. so we have to look as pretty as possible to look pleasing to everyone.

if we were dressed as a man during gay beauty contest, probably only few people would watch the occasion. we need to dress like a girl or woman so we can attract a lot of people, get a lot of attention, and of course, get a handsome guy's attention.

by the way, this happened long time ago in Asia where I came from. thanks for asking Riverside Redneck. I feel so happy you talk to me. he he :)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#691651 Feb 6, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to hear that, now we can do away with that Koran, Bible, and Torah. Plus all those other religious tomes that make people crazy trying to understand, all written by men for men.
We can live our lives with the inborn conscious that tells us all wrong from right. All fighting would stop.
The fighting would stop? how you figger that? just because we take away a couple books, we'd be all lovey dovey? The greedy and power hungry egomanics and sociopaths would run rampent! He11, they are already!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#691652 Feb 6, 2014
To all those fundamentalists who keep saying that Stalin killed all those people because he was an atheist, you might want to read the whole story from which this excerpt is taken.
“After Lenin's death in 1924, Stalin methodically went about destroying all the old leaders of the Party, taking advantage of their weakness for standing on arcane intellectual principle to simply divide and conquer them.

At first, these people were removed from their posts and exiled abroad. Later, when he realized that their sharp tongues and pens were still capable of inveighing against him even from far away, Stalin switched tactics, culminating in a vast reign of terror and spectacular show trials in the 1930's during which the founding fathers of the Soviet Union were one by one unmasked as "enemies of the people" who had supposedly always been in the employ of Capitalist intelligence services and summarily shot.

The particularly pesky Leon Trotsky, who continued to badger Stalin from Mexico City after his exile in 1929, had to be silenced once and for all with an ice pick in 1940. The purges, or "repressions" as they are known in Russia, extended far beyond the Party elite, reaching down into every local Party cell and nearly all of the intellectual professions, since anyone with a higher education was suspected of being a potential counterrevolutionary.

This depleted the Soviet Union of its brainpower, and left Stalin as the sole intellectual force in the country--an expert on virtually every human endeavor.

Driven by his own sense of inferiority, which he projected onto his country as a whole, Stalin pursued an economic policy of mobilizing the entire country to achieve the goal of rapid industrialization, so that it could stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the Capitalist powers.

To this end, he forcefully collectivized agriculture (one of the Bolsheviks' key policy stances in 1917 was to give the land to the peasants; collectivization took it back from them and effectively reduced them to the status of serfs again), instituted the Five-Year Plans to coordinate all investment and production in the country, and undertook a massive program of building heavy industry.

Although the Soviet Union boasted that its economy was booming while the Capitalist world was experiencing the Great Depression, and its industrialization drive did succeed in rapidly creating an industrial infrastructure where there once had been none, the fact is that all this was done at exorbitant cost in human lives.

Measures such as the violent expropriation of the harvest by the government, the forced resettlement and murder of the most successful peasants as counterrevolutionary elements, and the discovery of a source of cheap labor through the arrest of millions of innocent citizens led to countless millions of deaths from the worst man-made famine in human history and in the camps of the Gulag.”
http://www.pbs.org/redfiles/bios/all_bio_jose...

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#691653 Feb 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> The fighting would stop? how you figger that? just because we take away a couple books, we'd be all lovey dovey? The greedy and power hungry egomanics and sociopaths would run rampent! He11, they are already!
I should have said the fighting would stop between the religions or the religious sects. There would be nothing to fight over. No scriptures to misinterpret, no old laws vs new.
REALHuman

Vallejo, CA

#691654 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.
Those counts pale in comparison to atheist killings in just the past 100 years.
Your petty comparison of "who killed more" matters not one whit to the innocent people that died whether it was for atheism OR "whatever-eism".
It is also childish and stupid.

Grow up and stop facilitating the death of mankind by infighting.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#691655 Feb 6, 2014
The Lord Jesus Christ needs no further introduction. His mighty works in CREATION say it all. Just keepin' it R-E-A-L
REALHuman

Vallejo, CA

#691656 Feb 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> The fighting would stop? how you figger that? just because we take away a couple books, we'd be all lovey dovey? The greedy and power hungry egomanics and sociopaths would run rampent! He11, they are already!
So in a nutshell, peace among humans is impossible and we are destined to fight ourselves to death.

Having no future is SUCH a LOVELY sentiment.

Why do you have such strong faith in the demise of our species? Don't you realize this faith is like a noose around humanity's neck getting tighter and tighter until the air is cut off?
REALHuman

Vallejo, CA

#691657 Feb 6, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have said the fighting would stop between the religions or the religious sects. There would be nothing to fight over. No scriptures to misinterpret, no old laws vs new.
The assertion he made below is correct though that humans will never stop fighting "over something" so that begs the question: What really is human nature, and is human nature naturally self-destructive, and why?
What makes humans so screwed up that we'll FIND NEW STUFF to fight over?

Evolution is true.....

#691658 Feb 6, 2014
AND:
“Historians working after the Soviet Union's dissolution have estimated victim totals ranging from approximately 4 million to nearly 10 million, not including those who died in famines. Russian writer Vadim Erlikman, for example, makes the following estimates: executions, 1.5 million; gulags, 5 million; deportations, 1.7 million out of 7.5 million deported; and POW's and German civilians, 1 million – a total of about 9 million victims of repression.

Some have also included the deaths of 6 to 8 million people in the 1932–1933 famine among the victims of Stalin's repression. This categorization is controversial however, as historians differ as to whether the famine was a deliberate part of the campaign of repression against kulaks and others, or simply an unintended consequence of the struggle over forced collectivization.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Stalin#Re...
REALHuman

Vallejo, CA

#691659 Feb 6, 2014
Doctor REALITY wrote:
The Lord Jesus Christ needs no further introduction. His mighty works in CREATION say it all. Just keepin' it R-E-A-L
You must remember that JESUS is NOT GOD.
JESUS is a MORTAL MAN that YOU made INTO a god.
You're worshipping a mere IDOL.
To keep it REAL, IDOLATRY is a VIOLATION of YOUR OWN TENETS.
To keep it REAL, you're a REAL PHONY.

Evolution is true.....

#691660 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.
Those counts pale in comparison to atheist killings in just the past 100 years.
See posts # 691652 and #691658 above.
REALHuman

Vallejo, CA

#691661 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe God is a "daddy in the sky", no.
You can repeat yourself a thousand times over, it'll never be true.
I guess I'll just go f*ck off, since you're too stupid to listen.
Then what do you believe "god" is then?
You've said "god is real"...so you should be able to show how "god is real" with no problem.
Define what "god" is.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#691662 Feb 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I don't particularly like lying, i have just as anyone, but i do try and avoid it, shows very little character if any! but i was just curious to see if ChristineM, was gonna set there and say, E=MC2 and 3.14 =pie plus the hypotenuse =darkness so bye... because to think or say anything other than that would be hypocritical and I know how much you all hate hypocrits
not just you buddy

all of 'em
REALHuman

Vallejo, CA

#691663 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no responsibility to prove God to you.
Must be because you have no idea how to do so.

The thread hasn't stopped yet, so...

Evolution is true.....

#691664 Feb 6, 2014
Some people (fundamentalists primarily) think that ALL the people killed by Joseph Stalin were related to his purge of religion. This is patently not true (small percentage), as anyone can determine for themselves by a little research on the net.

The man was a sociopath and batsh!t crazy. Read his biography and some independent historians writings on him.
REALHuman

Vallejo, CA

#691665 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you can turn any of this nonsense into a hypothesis, you'll have to be able to know what kind of power God is and/or what kind He uses.
Have you?
You're the one that continues to make the claim that "god is real" then proceed to turn tail and RUN like a PUNK every time you're asked to prove it. Bullshit responses like "It's not MY responsibility" and the brattybutt "I don't have to and you can't make me prove god!" garbage (complete with toddlerish stomping).

Don't you dare talk about "what kind of powers" god when you can't even DEFINE what those "powers" are! YOU are the one that has been full of nonsense for the last umpteen years you've spent on this site.

“The love of Paleontology:”

Since: Jan 14

Discover, explore, imagine.

#691666 Feb 6, 2014
This conversation has no end, there is nether a way to prove god's not real or he is real. I personally believe he is not, and despite I may backup my argument and you may backup yours it is still simply an opinion. Opinions cannot be proven and as a result there is no winner to this argument.

Evolution is true.....

#691667 Feb 6, 2014
REALHuman wrote:
<quoted text>The assertion he made below is correct though that humans will never stop fighting "over something" so that begs the question: What really is human nature, and is human nature naturally self-destructive, and why?
What makes humans so screwed up that we'll FIND NEW STUFF to fight over?
We need to also remember that (this is thought experiment only, we know the flood is not a real event) God caused the flood to happen because he was unhappy with how his first batch of humans turned out....Sooo, he was going to try again with a new batch.

We all know how that has turned out.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Clearwater 104,781
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min kent 673,352
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,190
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,626
Well.......now I KNOW I won't buy with Amazon.com 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Orlando Hair MD (Nov '13) 5 hr Garry K 7
crooks frauds predators 10 hr Jedimaster of All 2
More from around the web