#691089 Feb 3, 2014
" Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War"

Plato

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#691090 Feb 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> http://books.google.com/books...
And it is set in ancient stone. Long before your bible was even thought of.
Where is it written in the book of the dead that Isis was a virgin?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#691091 Feb 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is it written in the book of the dead that Isis was a virgin?
Where in the bible does it say that Mary gave virgin birth?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#691092 Feb 3, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
does anyone else wonder why 95% of all UFO sightings (and everything else that's weird) comes out of california?;-)
Nope........ Never crossed my mind.....

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#691093 Feb 3, 2014
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it irrelevant?
Because you're thinking in terms of what we have now, not what we could have if designed by an all powerful intelligence. Strictly speaking, a penis and testicles aren't even necessary - I can think of several ways that reproduction could be accomplished without the use of such risky appendages, and I'm not a god.

Location hidden

#691094 Feb 3, 2014
Greens - Tuf wrote:
Are we all happy about our hands ?
Is the design of hands not perfect ?
Everything we created is with our hands.
Take one finger away and tell me if you could of designed every thing we have to this moment.
I'm perfectly happy with our bodies... I think they are great. But there is no denying that they could be much better.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#691095 Feb 3, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
smell the sea and feel the sky
let your soul and spirit fly
into the mystic
A Megadeath avatar and a Van Morrison fan.

I like you already.

:o)

"Do what thou shalt be the whole of the law."

Cheers!

Location hidden

#691096 Feb 3, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
perhaps with the correct technology, it is trivial.
and
perhaps "we" are the equivalent of a high-school science "ant farm"
Perhaps. We would basically be dealing with gods at that point though. Also, if there are no "loopholes" for achieving FTL speed, we would also be dealing with a species of psuedo-gods content to travel for a long, long time, and then just tool around with random people once here. Perhaps they would be functionally immortal, making time more or less irrelevant, but I would still think they'd have a plan beyond "fly around and crash occasionally."

Location hidden

#691097 Feb 3, 2014
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
" Why not encase them in bone"
Well, if they were encased in bone then I would not have a daughter walking on this planet as I speak.
Ha....With the necessary adaptations for proper reproduction, obviously.

Location hidden

#691098 Feb 3, 2014
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
A car engine is designed in such a way that when a certain engine part fails it can be readily accessed for repair.
The human body is no different.
You seem to want to design things in the human body which would make it near impossible to correct, such as testicles encased in bone.
It was just an example off the top of my head, and I myself said it was crude.

I disagree that the body is designed with easy repair in mind. Several important organs are wrapped in bone, including the brain. I also disagree that bone makes repairs near impossible - or else we wouldn't have heart and brain surgery, although this is a recent development.

Anyways, it was just an example - the point is, if we were designed, we were designed poorly. That's not to say that our bodies are not excellent - they are, but we have many flaws that are obvious to anyone.

Location hidden

#691099 Feb 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't what made you think when a certain engine part fails it can be readily accessed for repair. That only holds true for a few external parts, because when certain engine parts fail.
It's a major pain in the hine -e to replace them.
But I never knew too many guys that had to get a nut repaired.
I suppose that has to suck with or without a bone. lol
Yeah man. Repairing the damage from a broken timing chain is not easy.

Location hidden

#691101 Feb 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I was referring to natural selection, a key mechanism of evolution.
As far as reproductive success of organisms interacting with their environment goes, natural selection sucks. Whales live in the ocean but need to breathe air, chickens can't fly, giraffes can't take a drink of water easily, etc.
<quoted text>
We're not built perfectly enough for you?
Should we have ESP? Ability to fly? Telekinesis?
Maybe you would've done a better job at it....
You completely ignored my entire post, and then repeated yourself. I already explained that the TOE does not predict that every creature will be perfectly suited to their environment. And you don't seem to realize that you're contradicting yourself - on the one hand, you say certain animals have "problems," and on the other, humans are "built perfectly." Which is it? Life is either designed or it is not designed - or do you propose that your god built humans perfectly and did a shoddy job with everything else?

As for humans specifically, you, again, ignored my entire post and attempted to deflect. I said nothing of ESP, I mentioned very real problems with the human body that would not exist if we were designed by a grade schooler, let alone a god.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#691102 Feb 3, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope........ Never crossed my mind.....
I bet you wondered this though''

Location hidden

#691103 Feb 3, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Even "Peeps?"
You'd better stay home this Easter.
You don't know what the word "addictive" means. Stop trying to lecture those of us who do.
<quoted text>
Watched him. Sat up with him. Cleaned his vomit and shit and piss. Held him as he screamed and begged for death.
Yes, I know more than you do. You *hate* that, don't you?
I don't care.
You don't know everything, "Timmyyy!" You believe you know everything because of your pseudoliberal, adolescent ego, but you don't.
Vaffanculo.
Cleaning up after someone who is withdrawing doesn't make you an expert on addiction. And if you want to get into a "personal experience" pissing match regarding addiction, I've known many more than one addict, seen many more than one bout of withdrawal, and experienced more than one death. Does that "win" the debate for me? No, because it's totally irrelevant. The facts that I've posted "won" it for me long ago, you've just failed to realize it. There's a reason everyone else threw in the towel.

Also - "begging for death?" Stop being dramatic.

In addition to actually being educated on the issue, which is where I get my information from, I don't think my personal experience on addiction makes me an expert on its mechanism any more than flying on a plane makes me a pilot.

Location hidden

#691104 Feb 3, 2014
You said it was addictive, and then you demonstrated you don't know the definition of the word "addictive."
Go away.
<quoted text>
Actually, it's medical. Too many slack-jawed clowns such as yourself misuse the word "addiction."
I'll bet you think your Playstation is "awesome," don't you?
<quoted text>
What, you waited three days to respond to this?
I'm not interested in your uninformed rants, troll. Go away.
Believe it or not, some people don't obsessively check topix every 10 minutes.

But ok, ignore away, if that's what you need to do to protect your ego. My "rant" was a maybe 3 sentence paragraph explaining your mistake.

Location hidden

#691105 Feb 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans have a much wider range of prey.
And we don't have to go to a different environment to get a gulp of air.....
So your argument is... humans are very successful? What?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#691106 Feb 3, 2014
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Because you're thinking in terms of what we have now, not what we could have if designed by an all powerful intelligence. Strictly speaking, a penis and testicles aren't even necessary - I can think of several ways that reproduction could be accomplished without the use of such risky appendages, and I'm not a god.
But would it be as fun as sex?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#691107 Feb 3, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
A Megadeath avatar and a Van Morrison fan.
I like you already.
:o)
"Do what thou shalt be the whole of the law."
Cheers!
The avatar i actually got from a Hades Angels site where i was reading about him, God Of The Underworld, but yeah, Van Morrison soothes the soul.. Thank You.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 27 min Johnny 3,681
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 45 min Insults Are Easier 28,955
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 46 min Steve 44,189
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Johnny 4,763
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Steve 637,683
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 618,203
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Card Carrying Zio... 181,915
More from around the web