“Merry Yuletide”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#689914 Jan 28, 2014
whos flyn wrote:
<quoted text> Physical withdrawl is very real, but it's of the chemical imbalance in the brain, not caused by physical dependence, you are physically dependent on water because the body needs it to function normally, i've seen a lot of people on the edge, lost some friends there and lady, you sound like you got one foot hanging over... step back and breath, it's ok to be wrong, as you are, if we were right all the time, how could you learn,, it's not really about knowing all the right answers, it's about asking all the right questions..
A lot of those chemical imbalances are a myth.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#689915 Jan 28, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
That's our timmy, BT; "That's my story, and I'm sticking to it."
He's really no different from Bart Simpson. Sometimes he sounds more like Homer.
Almost as bad as Arr Arr. 7 cases in the US courts showing that ID is a false teaching, and they are all wrong, and RR and his IDers' are right. Homer ain't got nuth'n on RR!
Hahahahahahahahah!

“Merry Yuletide”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#689917 Jan 28, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
And do you really think that everyone is looking for something?
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

Sounds like this place.
:D

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#689918 Jan 28, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
word salad
faith is not substance nor is hope
faith by definition does not embody evidence.
at best a fraudulent claim, typical of religion, and the hallmark of christian belief
Bullhonky. The Placebo Effect is achieved through faith,*belief*, and that effect DOES have substance, it is evidence faith works on/in the physical world.

“Once You've Gone Witch---”

Since: May 10

"--You Won't Ever Switch!"

#689919 Jan 28, 2014
Yet you can't give us the addictive properties of THC.
<quoted text>
What I said was, "Yet you can't give us the addictive properties of THC. "
Still waitin'.
<quoted text>
Because I never get an answer from these self-proclaimed "experts" who tell us how addictive and dangerous cannabis is.
<quoted text>
Just passionate over the things that I care about. That probably doesn't even compute with you, does it, Spock?
_GRIM REAPER_ wrote:
<quoted text> The addictive properties can't be given to you Kait, there are none in pot,
And that's what I've been saying. Now, tell it to Arr Arr and timmy.
_GRIM REAPER_ wrote:
<quoted text> maybe THC, and thats a big MAYBE,
None that have been reported here, anyway.
_GRIM REAPER_ wrote:
<quoted text> i know i and several other people have mentioned that, yeah, it computes, but your to busy talking and not looking, here maybe you will see this, THERE ARE NO ADDICTIVE PROPERTIES IN POT, IF ANY IT WOULD BE THC, IF IT WOULD EVEN BE CONSIDERED ONE!!
And you're jumping all over me like white on rice because we are basically in agreement?

Are you sure you've been reading my posts correctly?

#689920 Jan 28, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you telling people to go and commit *suicide*?
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Your Kaitlyn suggests that very thing to people quite often, so either chastise her too, or stfu you hypocrite.
You xtians are the ones who claim to be above that sort of thing; DS is merely proving to your consternation that you xtians are the hypocrites.

Don't you just hate that?

Now shut the fuck up, you hypocrite.

#689921 Jan 28, 2014
_GRIM REAPER_ wrote:
<quoted text> Kait, i am a recovering drug addict, not your garden variety either. I was very hard core needle junky have been since like 1990, i have shot so much dope you wouldn't even comprehend it if i tryed to explain it to you, SO YEAH, i know all about the physical withdraw you described, i was just as ignorant to what caused it as you are, but while in prison, i was required to take drug treatment programs to make parole, one of them was recovery dynamics, it explains what causes addiction and how it effects the mind and body, the teacher of that class is highly respected, DR. BURNS BRADY, he travels the world talking giving seminars on the subject, The addiction itself is due to the brain, something with dopamine, seratonin, and other chemicals in the brain, when use is stopped the chemical imbalance in the brain is manafested thru PHYSICAL WITHDRAW, the addiction itself, for all intent and purpose, is due to the chemicals in the brain and has nothing to do with the physical, thats why when/if your friend had/did use herion during his sickness, the PHYSICAL WOULD HAVE STOPPED, just like mine did when i was active in my addiction, the PHYSICAL stops because the drug puts the brain back to "normal" for the addict,,if it was physical it wouldn't matter if he used or not,, ADDICTION IS DUE TO CHEMICAL FUNCTIONING IN THE BRAIN Kait, it will manafest itself physically when usage is stopped, my name is grim reaper and I AM AN ADDICT!!
I'll be lighting a candle in the hopes that you can stay clean, because my friend went back to heroin a month after that hellish time, and died from an overdose.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#689922 Jan 28, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Your Kaitlyn suggests that very thing to people quite often, so either chastise her too, or stfu you hypocrite.
You haven't answered Tyler Durden, are you stuck inside of a condom, nanoanal?

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#689923 Jan 28, 2014
<quoted text>"Intelligent design?"

"The bible?"

Really?
Well, he did claim that he, rr, is intelligent.

Location hidden

#689925 Jan 28, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Bullhonky. The Placebo Effect is achieved through faith,*belief*, and that effect DOES have substance, it is evidence faith works on/in the physical world.
Jump off a tall building, and let's see you "placebo effect" yourself from hitting the ground, injury or death.

Location hidden

#689926 Jan 28, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he did claim that he, rr, is intelligent.
Claims are flames of the imagination.
Proof is required to extinguish those flames.

BT42

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#689929 Jan 28, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Claims are flames of the imagination.
Proof is required to extinguish those flames.

BT42
Try telling that to a delusional christian.
Scrooge

Apache Junction, AZ

#689930 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No debate. No argue. No counter. Nothing.
"Intelligent Design is the deliberate misuse of science to promote Christian dogma."

This isn't a debate. Intelligent Design isn't science. You lack the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between science and pseudoscience even though I provided you with a link to a detailed analysis on the subject.

You're so pathetically brainwashed that you're unable to grasp any irrefutable fact in contradiction to your programming. Once again, you're mentally retarded and making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum, kid.
Scrooge

Apache Junction, AZ

#689931 Jan 28, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
Trying to silence anyone that thinks differnetly than you
There's no justification for religious brainwashing and anyone who feels differently should be totally ashamed of themselves.

"Respect initially, but once convinced, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the belief is false, inmoral, illegal, and detrimental to our well being, CONVICT!"
Scrooge

Apache Junction, AZ

#689932 Jan 28, 2014
"There are far worse things awaiting man than death." Bela Lugosi, "Dracula," Universal Pictures 1931
Take nanoanalboy and his necrotic soul, for example....if he even *has* a soul.
Bela must have been doing a promotional tour of the Bible Belt.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#689933 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA!!!
A court of law.....
Is that the same court that ruled corporations are people?
That Supreme court ruling about corporate person-hood was a result of Bush's packing the Supreme court with ultra conservative and VERY business friendly @zz-holes.

The LOWER district court in Pennsylvania was the one who ruled in the Kitzmiller vs Dover case and it was proven in the trial that the 'Liars for Jesus' people DID mess with evidential materials and change their textbook from creationism to a newly conceived 'Intelligent Design.'

"Tammy Kitzmiller, et al. v. Dover Area School District, et al.†(400†F. Supp. 2d 707, Docket no. 4cv2688) was the first direct challenge brought in the†United States federal courts†testing a public school district policy that required the teaching of†intelligent design.†In October 2004 the†Dover Area School District†changed its†biology†teaching curriculum to require that intelligent design be presented as an alternative to†evolution†theory, and that†Of Pandas and People†was to be used as a reference book. The plaintiffs successfully argued that intelligent design is a form of†creationism, and that the school board policy violated the Establishment Clause†of the†First Amendment to the United States Constitution. The judge's decision sparked considerable response from both supporters and critics.......U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitzmiller_v._Do...

The judge in the trial was a confessed Christian and a Bush supporter. Trouble was that the evidence was overwhelmingly against the school board and many many lies on the part of the defendants were exposed. Cost the Dover school district over a million dollars for that little foray into fantasy land. Money that could have better been used teaching REAL science....instead of religion.

By the way, the school board members were quickly removed after the trial.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#689934 Jan 28, 2014
Francine_Smith wrote:
you people are all insane
<quoted text>
And you pretend you saw a miracle.
Do you pronounce the word "sin" as "seen?" As in, "Fran-seen?"
How many college degrees did you say you have? Did you print them in red crayon?
witch rhymes with b***itch !!

yes I saw a real Miracle. why should I waste my time posting in this thread. if I did not see it, then I would not have been posting it here. do you understand ???

Location hidden

#689935 Jan 28, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Try telling that to a delusional christian.
Nearly impossible. That's like trying to explain brain surgery to an orangutan.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#689936 Jan 28, 2014
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what,
Go take a vid of that Jeff IN the rain staying dry and post it ...can you do that?
a video ? I don't have one. also, it happened already. and I believe it won't happen again. I have not seen Jeff for months now.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#689937 Jan 28, 2014
I've often wondered why the religious advocates on these forums feel they have to use lies and misdirection to defend their faith. I'm of the opinion that because they have so little facts and proofs for their little fraud, that they have to lie to defend the corner they find themselves in. They put soooo much credence in the Bible that I believe that the way to prove them wrong is to disprove the book.

With today's advance in the sciences that somehow impact on religions beliefs and myths (DNA, archaeology, paleoanthropology, paleontology, geology, etc.), it's getting easier and easier to show the lies.

It's a great time to be an atheist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 3 min Konny 654
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Rick in Kansas 265,077
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 16 min shyam 5,510
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min lil whispers 604,944
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 30 min andet1987 5,711
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 56 min andet1987 5,098
Gay snapchat names 1 hr vance_srh 146
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 175,595
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 559,294
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Haji Muhammad Abd... 441,762