Prove there's a god.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#690120 Jan 29, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
Is 'atheist textbooks' a new name for science textbooks?
Are you so mentally isolated by your religion that you really believe this crap?
I've asked him if he's been home-schooled or has attended Christian brainwashing institutions throughout his childhood. He was clearly abused as a child and there's little hope for him. He's totally oblivious to his ignorance unless he's a poe having a laugh.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#690121 Jan 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i pefer to be friends, but i refuse to be a doormat to evil:-)
You already are one.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#690122 Jan 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Catholics are not Christian?
I'm *shocked!!*

You actually kept your word!!

Holy crap!!!

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#690123 Jan 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
would you sit with me and hold my hand for 24 hours if i had to dry out, hon?:)
No.
Anonymous

Chino, CA

#690124 Jan 29, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So....can you prove there is a 'Christian God'?
Can you prove the Bible is the word of the 'Christian God'?
I can give you the 'opposing view'.
there are some aspects of the Christian belief system which rely on faith. God says that the Bible is His Holy Word, and while you cannot directly prove the 'Christian' God exists, you cannot deny his existence. I acknowledge that there are some questions which do not have direct answers involving this subject. The Bible itself says that faith is required. What is the said opposing view? I am interested in seeing the other side of things here.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#690125 Jan 29, 2014
…..continued

The Indus valley civilization has a well-known history dating back to perhaps 3100 BCE. By 2500 BCE there were two major cities, Mohendaro (or Mohenjo-Daro) and Harrapa, which rivaled Egypt and Mesopotamia in population and technologies. This great Civilization also encompassed maybe 100 smaller cities, towns, and villages, and didn’t fall until about 1500 BCE. They have no record of a worldwide civilization-destroying flood.

The Minoan civilization was probably as old as Egypt. Based on the Island of Crete, this civilization grew quickly and was highly advanced by 2500 BCE. By the middle of the second millennium it had an alphabet, used bronze tools, had pottery, textiles, advanced architecture, and had established cities around the Islands. It continued to grow and was a center for trade and culture until about the mid-1400&#8242;s BCE  when it was suddenly destroyed by the violent eruption of the Thera volcano. There has been no evidence unearthed from this civilization that shows a flood destroying their whole infrastructure, at any time in their existence.

We do not have any archaeological or geological evidence from the Japanese culture, Native American culture, or the Black tribes of Africa that indicate a world wide flood at any time in their existence. Think about this. How could all these civilizations, tribes, and world-wide culture along with sooo many people suddenly disappear from the earth and then suddenly reappear all over the world and bring the same culture, arts, pottery design, architecture, writing, language, and artifacts that was unique to them and their part of the world?

The entire history of the world does not show…any…of the known civilizations to have a large gap in their chronology or technologies as a result of being destroyed by a worldwide flood. It is not plausible that they were destroyed, and within a few short years, reappeared in their original numbers and with the same abilities and infrastructure. All the inventions and culture of the people of the time…would have had to be reinvented by new inhabitants…that did not happen.

It just didn't happen people.

Further information: http://www.chem.tufts.edu/science/franksteige...

Trying again to get this thing together.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#690126 Jan 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep asking him until he gives you an answer.
Anonymous

Chino, CA

#690127 Jan 29, 2014
REALHuman wrote:
<quoted text>"so [man] can usher in his demise!"
You are completely BONKERS to have FAITH in the DEMISE of MANKIND!
YOU ARE CREATING THE APOCALYPSE ALL ON YOUR OWN!
YOU WANT ARMEGEDDON! YOU WANT IT! YOU LOVE IT! You'd LOVE to see the earth blown to smithereens, don't you, you sick head cases?
This GHOULISH, MACABRE "faith" is becoming a noose around the neck of collective humanity and it is with that noose that we will make ourselves extinct!
You and your ilk are facilitating the MASS MURDER-SUICIDE of all mankind, and you are monsters that need to be stopped!
Please elaborate your argument because it is rather obvious that you are upset at us but I really do not see why. And no, truthfully, we creationists do not wish to see the world be destroyed and we really do not wish to kill each other. Evolution teaches that we exist by chance, and nothing more. There is no purpose. There is no right and wrong. There is nothing after death. We Christians wish to bring hope. God loves everybody and has a plan for each and every one of us. I do not see what area of our motives you misunderstand, but I hope you can elaborate because shouting these things in caps lock.....is uncalled for. We do not wish for the mass murder-suicide for all mankind and we really are not monsters. Please explain your mindset....

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#690128 Jan 29, 2014
_GRIM REAPER_ wrote:
What this world needs is a few more red.. necks, some people that ain't afriad to take a stand
a little more respect, for the lord, the law, and the working man
a little less talk and a lot more action,
a few more red.. necks is what we need
Which lord?

godchecker.com

Yours, you mean? Why?
Anonymous

Chino, CA

#690129 Jan 29, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
.....continued
The Indus valley civilization has a well-known history dating back to perhaps 3100 BCE. By 2500 BCE there were two major cities, Mohendaro (or Mohenjo-Daro) and Harrapa, which rivaled Egypt and Mesopotamia in population and technologies. This great Civilization also encompassed maybe 100 smaller cities, towns, and villages, and didn’t fall until about 1500 BCE. They have no record of a worldwide civilization-destroying flood.
The Minoan civilization was probably as old as Egypt. Based on the Island of Crete, this civilization grew quickly and was highly advanced by 2500 BCE. By the middle of the second millennium it had an alphabet, used bronze tools, had pottery, textiles, advanced architecture, and had established cities around the Islands. It continued to grow and was a center for trade and culture until about the mid-1400&#8242;s BCE  when it was suddenly destroyed by the violent eruption of the Thera volcano. There has been no evidence unearthed from this civilization that shows a flood destroying their whole infrastructure, at any time in their existence.
We do not have any archaeological or geological evidence from the Japanese culture, Native American culture, or the Black tribes of Africa that indicate a world wide flood at any time in their existence. Think about this. How could all these civilizations, tribes, and world-wide culture along with sooo many people suddenly disappear from the earth and then suddenly reappear all over the world and bring the same culture, arts, pottery design, architecture, writing, language, and artifacts that was unique to them and their part of the world?
The entire history of the world does not show…any…of the known civilizations to have a large gap in their chronology or technologies as a result of being destroyed by a worldwide flood. It is not plausible that they were destroyed, and within a few short years, reappeared in their original numbers and with the same abilities and infrastructure. All the inventions and culture of the people of the time…would have had to be reinvented by new inhabitants…that did not happen.
It just didn’t happen people.
Further information: http://www.chem.tufts.edu/science/franksteige...
humanity did not just disappear then reappear. It was completely wiped out. The Bible says that nothing was saved from before the flood. No trace of humanity remained. Every artifact we see today is post flood. Also, here
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/flood-myths.h...
compare many of these stories to the Biblical Noah story.
Anonymous

Chino, CA

#690131 Jan 29, 2014
REALHuman wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you want the whole human race to die?
How sick ARE you, believing in this apocalypse, wanting it to take place?
The flood of Genesis already happened. I'm not foretelling the future. I am saying what is in the Bible. I did not even bring up the apocalypse.
Anonymous

Chino, CA

#690132 Jan 29, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
I've asked him if he's been home-schooled or has attended Christian brainwashing institutions throughout his childhood. He was clearly abused as a child and there's little hope for him. He's totally oblivious to his ignorance unless he's a poe having a laugh.
....can you please quit it with the insulting

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#690134 Jan 29, 2014
Echo_of_the_times wrote:
<quoted text>
Please elaborate your argument because it is rather obvious that you are upset at us but I really do not see why. And no, truthfully, we creationists do not wish to see the world be destroyed and we really do not wish to kill each other. Evolution teaches that we exist by chance, and nothing more. There is no purpose. There is no right and wrong. There is nothing after death. We Christians wish to bring hope. God loves everybody and has a plan for each and every one of us. I do not see what area of our motives you misunderstand, but I hope you can elaborate because shouting these things in caps lock.....is uncalled for. We do not wish for the mass murder-suicide for all mankind and we really are not monsters. Please explain your mindset....
Dude, if you're really from Woodland Hills, you should know better.

You besmirch a civilized community.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#690135 Jan 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A total of twelve hours has gone by. Shorty Ass-up came and went, and didn’t answer your question.

Ask him again, Arr Arr, until he answers. But I’m betting he won’t.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#690136 Jan 29, 2014
Echo_of_the_times wrote:
<quoted text>
humanity did not just disappear then reappear. It was completely wiped out. The Bible says that nothing was saved from before the flood. No trace of humanity remained. Every artifact we see today is post flood. Also, here
It's mythology, scooter.

Learn to deal with that.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#690137 Jan 29, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
You could say the same about love, money or sex. We humans learn through association and usually gravitate because of those rewards.
I wouldn't call it "rewiring" but "new associations"
Of course you can, which is why gambling and sex addicts exist. And what's the difference between "rewiring" and "new associations?" The "associations" that occur as a result of chronic substance abuse (or chronic anything for that matter) represent very real changes in the brain in terms of structure and chemistry.

Evolution is true.....

#690138 Jan 29, 2014
Echo_of_the_times wrote:
<quoted text>
there are some aspects of the Christian belief system which rely on faith. God says that the Bible is His Holy Word, and while you cannot directly prove the 'Christian' God exists, you cannot deny his existence. I acknowledge that there are some questions which do not have direct answers involving this subject. The Bible itself says that faith is required. What is the said opposing view? I am interested in seeing the other side of things here.
So you cannot prove your Christian God exists?

If you cannot prove your hypothesis then we atheists and non-believers can easily deny His existence....don't you think?

In general we atheists and non-believers think that there is no God, probably no Jesus, the Bible is purely made up by humans, that all religions are scams, all of the Pentateuch is made up by Hebrew scholars around 900 to 500 BC, We know also that the Gospels were not written by the named authors, in fact most of the Bible has different authors than those listed.

There is tremendous proofs that there was never an Adam and Eve as portrayed in the Bible, there was never a Exodus of the Hebrew people out of Egypt there was never a Noachian flood, there was never a 'Tower of Babel', etc.

So as a consequence we don't believe in magic or the supernatural. I'm sure there's more, but its late here and I'm tired

Evolution is true.....

#690140 Jan 29, 2014
Echo_of_the_times wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to be understanding anything I have written here.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#690141 Jan 29, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. You "have" no answer. You say it is a "stupid question" [because] you can not answer it, and can NOT stand to be found inept or wrong.
I don't want to hear a pile of rhetoric. I am not going to be led into superfluous strawman and red herring argument any further. Your tactics are dishonest. You are wasting everyones' time in an attempt to deflect.
Just answer the question, or at least admit you can not.
I did answer your question - the addictive property of weed is that it's pleasurable. Any pleasurable activity can cause the brain's reward pathway to physically change and therefore reinforce said activity.

I also explained to why your question is nonsensical as phrased; addiction is not primarily determined by whether or not a drug can act on the opioid receptors, and chemical dependency (physical withdrawal) is not addiction per se, but is rather more of a symptom of addiction as well as a potential cause of addiction.

Evolution is true.....

#690142 Jan 29, 2014
Echo_of_the_times wrote:
<quoted text>
The flood of Genesis already happened. I'm not foretelling the future. I am saying what is in the Bible. I did not even bring up the apocalypse.
Could you tell me when you believe the 'Flood' happened?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 18 min TrumpTheRetard 41,595
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 41 min Paul is dead 539
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 1 hr Paul is dead 97
God......do You enjoy wacthing me SUFFER?? 1 hr Doctor REALITY 15
Would the world have been better off...without ... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 3 hr Paul is dead 53
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 5 hr Johnny 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 hr guest 690,311
More from around the web