Prove there's a god.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#689937 Jan 28, 2014
I've often wondered why the religious advocates on these forums feel they have to use lies and misdirection to defend their faith. I'm of the opinion that because they have so little facts and proofs for their little fraud, that they have to lie to defend the corner they find themselves in. They put soooo much credence in the Bible that I believe that the way to prove them wrong is to disprove the book.

With today's advance in the sciences that somehow impact on religions beliefs and myths (DNA, archaeology, paleoanthropology, paleontology, geology, etc.), it's getting easier and easier to show the lies.

It's a great time to be an atheist.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#689938 Jan 28, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Nearly impossible. That's like trying to explain brain surgery to an orangutan.
lol

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#689939 Jan 28, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
I've often wondered why the religious advocates on these forums feel they have to use lies and misdirection to defend their faith. I'm of the opinion that because they have so little facts and proofs for their little fraud, that they have to lie to defend the corner they find themselves in. They put soooo much credence in the Bible that I believe that the way to prove them wrong is to disprove the book.
With today's advance in the sciences that somehow impact on religions beliefs and myths (DNA, archaeology, paleoanthropology, paleontology, geology, etc.), it's getting easier and easier to show the lies.
It's a great time to be an atheist.
That doesn't work with funnymentalists. Once you have completely dismantled and shown the errors and impossibilities in the book(or parts of), the adherent fundie short circuits somewhere in the frontal lobes, clenches his fists while smoke begins to spew from his ears as his eyes roll and flash, and his mouth is rill with some strange liquid as he begins to stomp and stammer some unknown utterances. Immediately after which he throws himself on the floor and begins wildly flailing his arms and kicking his legs, and suddenly it all comes to a stop. He quietly picks himself up off the floor, brushes himself off, straightens his cloths and hair. All memory of the preceding conversation and epileptic type seizure are vacated, and he proceeds as though nothing has ever happened.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#689940 Jan 28, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>That doesn't work with funnymentalists. Once you have completely dismantled and shown the errors and impossibilities in the book(or parts of), the adherent fundie short circuits somewhere in the frontal lobes, clenches his fists while smoke begins to spew from his ears as his eyes roll and flash, and his mouth is rill with some strange liquid as he begins to stomp and stammer some unknown utterances. Immediately after which he throws himself on the floor and begins wildly flailing his arms and kicking his legs, and suddenly it all comes to a stop. He quietly picks himself up off the floor, brushes himself off, straightens his cloths and hair. All memory of the preceding conversation and epileptic type seizure are vacated, and he proceeds as though nothing has ever happened.
Perfect description.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#689941 Jan 29, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
any evidence for the christian god would certainly be a miracle
You are not listening.
I said could you call evidence of the supernatural a " miracle ?"

I did not mention "Christian" and I did not mention "God". Keep your hang ups with religion to yourself and answer the question, if you are not willing to answer the question then do not reply.
I do realise that there is no "God" as the bible states, but again that was not the question.

Are you scared that I can prove "intelligent design ?"
Are you scared that I can prove that something is driving you for its own good ?

Heck, I studied what I experienced for 7 yrs and have known what it is all about for the past 4yrs yet I have felt no desire to share my experiences on here, until now.


Greens - tuf

Australia

#689942 Jan 29, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused
Sounds like this place.
:D
Sad, but true.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#689943 Jan 29, 2014
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not listening.
I said could you call evidence of the supernatural a " miracle ?"
I did not mention "Christian" and I did not mention "God". Keep your hang ups with religion to yourself and answer the question, if you are not willing to answer the question then do not reply.
I do realise that there is no "God" as the bible states, but again that was not the question.
Are you scared that I can prove "intelligent design ?"
Are you scared that I can prove that something is driving you for its own good ?
Heck, I studied what I experienced for 7 yrs and have known what it is all about for the past 4yrs yet I have felt no desire to share my experiences on here, until now.
I am intrigued.
Manny

Miami, FL

#689944 Jan 29, 2014
Francine_Smith wrote:
you people are all insane
And yet - they wear underwear
Manny

Miami, FL

#689945 Jan 29, 2014
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad, but true.
"this place" is us

We're all wired with a tendency towards dysfunction - right?

Doesn't history bear that out?
Greens - tuf

Australia

#689947 Jan 29, 2014
Manny wrote:
<quoted text>
"this place" is us
We're all wired with a tendency towards dysfunction - right?
Doesn't history bear that out?
We are not dysfunctional , we are all functioning as separate entity's which brings forth opinion, if one doesn't agree with an other than one could claim that the other is dysfunctional, but again that is just ones opinion .

We as material beings are not dysfunctional, we are not broken, so don't try and fix it, opinion is the end result......... and opinion is what this world is all about.

And that's just my opinion.:)

Now my opinion just might drive you to respond, and funny as it seems, but that's what it's all about.:)
Manny

Miami, FL

#689948 Jan 29, 2014
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not dysfunctional , we are all functioning as separate entity's which brings forth opinion, if one doesn't agree with an other than one could claim that the other is dysfunctional, but again that is just ones opinion .
We as material beings are not dysfunctional, we are not broken, so don't try and fix it, opinion is the end result......... and opinion is what this world is all about.
And that's just my opinion.:)
Now my opinion just might drive you to respond, and funny as it seems, but that's what it's all about.:)
Huh?

Why did you say "sad but true" ?

Use and abuse of others etc is not dysfunctional?

If we are simply what we are - what is "sad" about that?

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#689949 Jan 29, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
I've often wondered why the religious advocates on these forums feel they have to use lies and misdirection to defend their faith. I'm of the opinion that because they have so little facts and proofs for their little fraud, that they have to lie to defend the corner they find themselves in. They put soooo much credence in the Bible that I believe that the way to prove them wrong is to disprove the book.
With today's advance in the sciences that somehow impact on religions beliefs and myths (DNA, archaeology, paleoanthropology, paleontology, geology, etc.), it's getting easier and easier to show the lies.
It's a great time to be an atheist.
"It's a great time to be an atheist".

A curious statement. Advances in science make it a great time to be anyone living in our age. Your little intellectual battle against the Bible, and Atheists intellectual battle against Christianity, is of no relevance or interest to the vast majority of people alive today. It's a great time to be a theist as well. Most religions deal with how to be, with claims of a scientific nature being isolated mostly to the OT, which most people don't believe in anyway.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#689950 Jan 29, 2014
Manny wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Why did you say "sad but true" ?
Use and abuse of others etc is not dysfunctional?
If we are simply what we are - what is "sad" about that?
You are correct, but so am I.

It is "sad" in the form that we are in, but only because we don't know what we truly are.
We are the end result of a higher powers doing.
There are no winners at the end of the day as we all end up progressing to an ultimate end in this form, and that is sad but true.
It doesn't matter to the "higher power" who gets abused or who is doing the abusing so long as it gets your full attention.
Now to me, that is a sad but true statement.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#689952 Jan 29, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I trust you have also seen The Golden Foot of Messi the Great.
No.... But I have seen the Ballon d'Or of Ronaldo the invincible!

How's by you, old boy?

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#689953 Jan 29, 2014
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not listening.
I said could you call evidence of the supernatural a " miracle ?"
I did not mention "Christian" and I did not mention "God". Keep your hang ups with religion to yourself and answer the question, if you are not willing to answer the question then do not reply.
I do realise that there is no "God" as the bible states, but again that was not the question.
Are you scared that I can prove "intelligent design ?"
Are you scared that I can prove that something is driving you for its own good ?
Heck, I studied what I experienced for 7 yrs and have known what it is all about for the past 4yrs yet I have felt no desire to share my experiences on here, until now.
Yo Aussie man.

Next month the war starts!!!:D

Yes. Double Fine is terrified at anyone trying to prove intelligent design.

Be well!

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#689954 Jan 29, 2014
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's a great time to be an atheist".
A curious statement. Advances in science make it a great time to be anyone living in our age. Your little intellectual battle against the Bible, and Atheists intellectual battle against Christianity, is of no relevance or interest to the vast majority of people alive today. It's a great time to be a theist as well. Most religions deal with how to be, with claims of a scientific nature being isolated mostly to the OT, which most people don't believe in anyway.
Yo TT

How is everything?

It is a good time to be atheist. We don't get tortured for not believing tee hee

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#689960 Jan 29, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
You pretend your sister is Beyonce?
That's just....creepy.
I have no sisters so I don't know where your blind assertion comes from.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#689961 Jan 29, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

I know that alcohol contributes more to spousal abuse than weed.
I've never said otherwise.
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
You implied it was. Your message was quite clear, redneck.
Bullshit. I never implied that.

You took it that way because I said weed contributes to spousal abuse.

Somehow or another, you automatically assumed that meant weed is worse than alcohol.

I said nothing of the sort.
Inbred drooling redneck.
*blushes*

That's the best compliment a city girl like you could give a redneck.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#689962 Jan 29, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Catholics are Christian, my dear.
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Not according to your brothers in christ waaasssuuup or t-town clown. Not according to the "Church of Christ." Not according to Fred Phelps and his Westboro Baptists.
Perhaps you should have a little chat with *them,* if you aren't too afraid of them.
Doesn't matter who it's "according" to.

Catholics are Christian.

If and when I see wasuup post something about it, I'll debate it with him then.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#689963 Jan 29, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Creationism and "intelligent design" are not science, dumbass.
Yes it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min Toby 106,543
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min here 64,105
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Steve III 654,114
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 35 min MUQ2 45,245
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min Jake999 281,883
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 43 min ImFree2Choose 2,588
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 1 hr Demilove 730
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 23 hr Clive 80
More from around the web