Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#689323 Jan 26, 2014
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That there exists a stark difference between physical and mental addiction is a common misconception, so I don't blame you for being ignorant on the subject. "Physical" addiction is a mental phenomenon, purely a result of brain chemistry.
Keep trying, you'll get it right eventually, maybe.

How much time do you have?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#689324 Jan 26, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, you get a warning immediately after you hit the "post comment" box, "allowing" you to remove the offending language before re-sending the censored material. It still allows you to go ahead and be offensive. Too bad they aren't serious enough about being a quasi-news site to take down Kaitlyn's nasty comments and selfsuck videos.
I get them when there is not even anything offensive at all in a post nano. What's with that?

Location hidden

#689326 Jan 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
The lifespan of Adam is irrelevant to the age of the earth.
Don't listen to Ussher, he's wrong.
I simply used common sense and the ability to read and calculate.
The age of Adam directly affects the calculation of the date of Genesis. Any fool could see it is totally fraudulent information in genealogy and the creation story.
Who is Ussher?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#689328 Jan 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it does.
"surveys consistently reveal positive associations between marijuana use and perpetration of intimate partner violence."
http://www.buffalo.edu/ria/research/research_...
To say that smoking pot is nothing but good for everyone is just flat out lying.
RR you need to recheck the website you recommended. I believe they are talking about a study that 'will be' started, or has started, but not completed. In the front page they talk about studies that they did not necessarily conduct.

But, I am sure in essence that you are right....there are cases where marijuana users commit spousal abuse. I just believe it is way less than alcohol abusers....but I may be wrong.:-)

Location hidden

#689329 Jan 26, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam lived to be 930 and the earth is 6,000+ years old. Do the math.
OR-the genealogy in the bible is a complete fabrication and blatant lie.
Take your pick. LOL!
I certainly wouldn't want someone that mentally deficient teaching my offspring anything.

Location hidden

#689330 Jan 26, 2014
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What links? I haven't seen a single study cited, and I strongly doubt such a study exists, as it is firmly established that addiction is a phenomenon that occurs in the brain. What study have you cited that claims addiction isn't based in the brain?
What do you think wiki info is based on?
And this isn't my opinion, this is the opinion of modern medicine and neuroscience.
Sometimes, it even begins with the eyes.

I remember watching an episode of that show "House" where House was finally getting a dose of his favorite drug...he took the pill, leaned back in his chair and shuddered...

I felt the rush the same as if I'd had my own favorite...even knowing that a pill won't "hit" you as fast as that. Ahhh, there's nothing like the rush of expectation...except the rush itself. It reminded me of the Placebo Affect...all in the mind.

lol, I've heard it said that those who claim that they are immune to hypnotism are usually the quickest to go under. Dangit!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#689331 Jan 26, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter whether YOU do or not. it is taken on the national averages.
No bullshit about it.
Why do you think your rates continually rise even if you have a perfect driving record.
What thefuck are you talking about?

My auto insurance rates haven't gone up for years.

Location hidden

#689332 Jan 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
I say weed is addictive, because it can be, and the stoners pounce all over me bitching that cigarettes are addictive.
"What about the cigarettes, RR?"
"What about the beer, RR?"
Cigarettes, beer and weed are all addictive. Period.
I know that stoners don't like to hear that, he'll they won't even admit it.
Like you said, it's the unpopular truth.
Then let's be fair and BAN them ALL.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#689334 Jan 26, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you were high on pot when you smacked your wife?
Nope.

Location hidden

#689335 Jan 26, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I get them when there is not even anything offensive at all in a post nano. What's with that?
I have to. Most people probably have. I recall one guy griping that topix kept on him every time he tried to post anything with "homo sapien" in it. It was funny. He was trying so hard to be a serious poster. He still is. lol

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#689336 Jan 26, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Smoke and smack instead?
Nope.

Location hidden

#689338 Jan 26, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not.
I am trying to make you understand HOW the brain functions, and why.
Keep your functions to yourself.
:p

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#689339 Jan 26, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply used common sense and the ability to read and calculate.
The age of Adam directly affects the calculation of the date of Genesis. Any fool could see it is totally fraudulent information in genealogy and the creation story.
Who is Ussher?
Nope.

The days in Genesis are not 24 hour periods. There's no way of determining the age of the earth based on information in the Bible.

James Ussher.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ussher

He "calculated" the 6,000 year old earth 450 years ago.

And morons still believe him.

Including you.

Location hidden

#689340 Jan 26, 2014
cup of coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the same thing. I believe for every 10 usernames of atheists on here represents only one actual person. They have a room full of computers with labels of the username on top of each computer, all running through proxies. It explains how one comes in to defend the other as if on cue.
Listen to you mister 24, who seems to be well aware of the history of the threads!
Hahahahahahahahahah!
Hypocrite!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#689341 Jan 26, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
RR you need to recheck the website you recommended. I believe they are talking about a study that 'will be' started, or has started, but not completed. In the front page they talk about studies that they did not necessarily conduct.
But, I am sure in essence that you are right....there are cases where marijuana users commit spousal abuse. I just believe it is way less than alcohol abusers....but I may be wrong.:-)
Of course marijuana use relates to spousal abuse.

You're probably right, though. Alcohol abuse causes more spousal abuse.

Where are the studies?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#689345 Jan 26, 2014
cup of coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the same thing. I believe for every 10 usernames of atheists on here represents only one actual person. They have a room full of computers with labels of the username on top of each computer, all running through proxies. It explains how one comes in to defend the other as if on cue.
Wow.

But don't worry.

Even the paranoid are sometimes followed.

Location hidden

#689346 Jan 26, 2014
cup of coffee wrote:
<quoted text>....
I doubt that picture is really you.
How very intuitive of you. ;)

I doubt any woman could ever be as offensive as "Kaitlyn", even a butch one. Then again, some of the "flannel" types are terribly aggressive.

Location hidden

#689347 Jan 26, 2014
cup of coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually his misery after death will be indescribable. His clinched fists and teeth come to mind.
Rigor mortis starts in the face and jaw....eeek!

Strange how we tend to be grimacing during death AND birth.

Location hidden

#689348 Jan 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone's rates have gone up progressively. You are no different, except that you lie about it.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#689349 Jan 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have started doing horoscopes RR. Here is yours for today:

Change is always for the good, ask any transsexual. Danger. Excitement. Love. Hate. These are words which are often used in movie advertisements, but very rarely happen in your life. This week may be the beginning of a startling change for you. When in danger, you have a tendency to run away quickly. Harness that ability today as you'll need it sometime around 4pm. You will be glad of a loved one's ability to almost painlessly remove splinters from your backside. The randomness of the universe may affect you today as you search for meaning in a cornflake that looks like your nose. We have a Redneck saying: "Kill a man and he's dead. Teach a man to fight and he can kill."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min candlesmell 703,518
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 29 min Wisdom of Ages 6,911
mgtow 58 min the enlightened man 10
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr TrumpLiesChildAbuse 87,137
The tax bill's loopholes for the wealthy benefi... (Dec '17) 3 hr Fhrung Choc Fu Chu 10
emergency:. don't touch any thing! 3 hr Infinite Force 3
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 3 hr Walter 199