Prove there's a god.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#687514 Jan 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Hey, what the hell?!
You didn't call me a punk.
You're a mentally retarded Christian punk.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#687515 Jan 20, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem a little less grouchy tonight.
Nananuts must be using that new butt plug with the picture of Jesus on it. That always makes him a little less grouchy.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#687516 Jan 20, 2014
REALHuman wrote:
<quoted text>Vile hatred for anyone of any "race" in your heart is not a "godly value".
You must have gone to a church that BURNED crosses....
I blame the Bible for the KKKristians.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#687517 Jan 20, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one perspective.
Another is that life does exist in the VERY FIRST solar system we looked at.
Leave it to nananuts to get it wrong. Good point.

You do know that when the church ran the world that Gabriel Bruno was burnt alive at the stake because he said that the stars in the night sky were really suns like our own only much farther away and that they had planets around them with people on them.

The church said that was insane since there is only one Jesus.

""""Four centuries ago, on February 16, 1600, the Roman Catholic Church executed Giordano Bruno, Italian philosopher and scientist, for the crime of heresy. He was taken from his cell in the early hours of the morning to the Piazza dei Fiori in Rome and burnt alive at the stake. To the last, the Church authorities were fearful of the ideas of a man who was known throughout Europe as a bold and brilliant thinker. In a peculiar twist to the gruesome affair, the executioners were ordered to tie his tongue so that he would be unable to address those gathered.

Throughout his life Bruno championed the Copernican system of astronomy which placed the sun, not the Earth, at the centre of the solar system. He opposed the stultifying authority of the Church and refused to recant his philosophical beliefs throughout his eight years of imprisonment by the Venetian and Roman Inquisitions. His life stands as a testimony to the drive for knowledge and truth that marked the astonishing period of history known as the Renaissance—from which so much in modern art, thought and science derives.

In 1992, after 12 years of deliberations, the Roman Catholic Church grudgingly admitted that Galileo Galilei had been right in supporting the theories of Copernicus. The Holy Inquisition had forced an aged Galileo to recant his ideas under threat of torture in 1633. But no such admission has been made in the case of Bruno. His writings are still on the Vatican’s list of forbidden texts.""""

http://aastro.org/2010/02/giordano-bruno-burn...

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#687518 Jan 20, 2014
Logo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "unknowingness" is getting you nowhere ebineezer Scrooge. I say this because you don't know diddly sh*t about Christianity and you're atheist so since you don't know anything, SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!
Well, if you are such a genie, tell us if any one has ever seen God's face.

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#687519 Jan 20, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are so freaking boring.
Yet Christians love to read them to their children on Sunday morning. They also love to read this to their children on Sunday mornings:

2 Kings 18:27, " ...that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?"

JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."

Song 5:4 "My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him."

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#687523 Jan 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No.
Saying "a god" is not specific.
Saying "god" or "God" is.
That's what He's called. God.
<quoted text>
Red herring.
That's a fallacy, you know?
We were discussing what God is called and you changed the topic to His benevolence....
Nice try.
No. I simply corrected you in that the deity you worship is NOT my god, nor that of many others, and so NOT the god of gods(except in your own eyes), and gave the explanation why.
You refuse to admit the actuality of it, and cry "red herring" and "fallacy" which fits YOUR argument, not any actuality.
Either you are hopelessly brainwashed, or severely incompetent and incapable of rational thought in that you can't even comprehend simple statements and facts.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#687526 Jan 20, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I simply corrected you in that the deity you worship is NOT my god, nor that of many others, and so NOT the god of gods(except in your own eyes), and gave the explanation why.
You refuse to admit the actuality of it, and cry "red herring" and "fallacy" which fits YOUR argument, not any actuality.
Either you are hopelessly brainwashed, or severely incompetent and incapable of rational thought in that you can't even comprehend simple statements and facts.
RR has this quaint notion that he owns the word "god".

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#687527 Jan 20, 2014
irecknso wrote:
<quoted text> Then which deity is the GOD of GODS? I'M just askn outta ignorance!
Zeus, Deus Pater, Odin, Nodens, Woden, Ra, Tao, El, YHWY. Jesus, Allah, Amun, Osiris, Cronos, Brahma, etc.

It depends who you ask.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#687528 Jan 20, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I simply corrected you in that the deity you worship is NOT my god, nor that of many others, and so NOT the god of gods(except in your own eyes), and gave the explanation why.
You refuse to admit the actuality of it, and cry "red herring" and "fallacy" which fits YOUR argument, not any actuality.
Either you are hopelessly brainwashed, or severely incompetent and incapable of rational thought in that you can't even comprehend simple statements and facts.
There you go again, not focusing.

I never said that God is "your god". I never said anything of the sort.

I said:

"Saying "a god" is not specific.
Saying "god" or "God" is.
That's what He's called. God."

---

We call Him, "God" and you damn well know it.

That says nothing to your beliefs.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#687530 Jan 20, 2014
irecknso wrote:
but for all intent and purposes, the GOD of the christian bible is the GOD of GODS, right? do u really hear of them other lesser GODS much, i mean on a global scale like we do GOD of the christian bible
Only in the minds of ignorant and bigoted Christian cultists like you who apparently has never heard of Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism and Judaism. You're a f*cking moron, punk!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#687531 Jan 20, 2014
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>A pastor in WV actually died in 2012 from a snake bite incurred while doing just that. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. Idiot refused medical attention and died just like his father before him died. It's upsetting... so many lives thrown away for this nonsense.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/31/vete...
Hey, what they are doing is purifying the gene pool....getting rid of the crazies so they can't multiply as fast.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#687532 Jan 20, 2014
irecknso wrote:
<quoted text> Then which deity is the GOD of GODS? I'M just askn outta ignorance!
I won't presume to dictate that, but from the very written words, it could not the one that is written of in the Abrahamic religions. The very writings prove it can not be, and is not omnipotent. In fact they show it to be the most provocative, malicious, two faced deity in the history of the world.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#687533 Jan 20, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
RR has this quaint notion that he owns the word "god".
Typical religionist.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#687534 Jan 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, not focusing.
I never said that God is "your god". I never said anything of the sort.
I said:
"Saying "a god" is not specific.
Saying "god" or "God" is.
That's what He's called. God."
---
We call Him, "God" and you damn well know it.
That says nothing to your beliefs.
So then you admit that there are other gods, and yours' is but one of them, and may not be "the" god...and that was the point "I" was making "and you damn well know it?.
Don't play pussyfoot deflection with me son. I won't let ya get away with it.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#687536 Jan 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
....
We call Him, "God" ......
As do English speaking Jews, Muslims Buddhists, Mormons, Wiccans (of the male aspect), etc. and even Satanists (God of this World).

Me thinks you worship the last one.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#687538 Jan 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, not focusing.
I never said that God is "your god". I never said anything of the sort.
I said:
"Saying "a god" is not specific.
Saying "god" or "God" is.
That's what He's called. God."
---
We call Him, "God" and you damn well know it.
That says nothing to your beliefs.
I call the creative force of the Universe "God" it isn't the "God" of Christianity.

You are proven wrong and too stupid and/or dishonest to admit it.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#687540 Jan 20, 2014
irecknso wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, but they all probably are the same deity spoke of in the bible! different religions call him by somethin different right? but for all intent and purposes, the GOD of the christian bible is the GOD of GODS, right? do u really hear of them other lesser GODS much, i mean on a global scale like we do GOD of the christian bible
In as much as Christianity is a pagan polytheistic religion, their "God of Gods" is Jupiter/Zeus. This is proven in the earliest Bibles where "God" is called Deuspater which is the Latin name for Jupiter (literally 'Zeus the Father'). Even the Greek NT manuscripts use Zeus as the name for "God".

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#687541 Jan 20, 2014
irecknso wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, but they all probably are the same deity spoke of in the bible! different religions call him by somethin different right? but for all intent and purposes, the GOD of the christian bible is the GOD of GODS, right? do u really hear of them other lesser GODS much, i mean on a global scale like we do GOD of the christian bible
The "god" of the bible IS a lessor god. The very words show it all. Many attempts have been made through transliteration, translation, and outright obfuscation and omission and addition to change the meaning of the original writings which refer to this deity as lord and several other lessor deity's. "lord" is a lessor deity or overseer of men or "Baal", or "Lucifer"-ruler of the earth...NOT the Great Creator. In an attempt to further disguise the meanings, the term "God" as a general term covering "all" lords was instituted/substituted making it impossible to differentiate the actuality and meanings of the original oral conveyance and/or writings. The earlier writings were rewritten, and the original records were destroyed. This is how the Abrahamic religion progressed from proto-Hebrew to modern day christianity, and the reason for so many contradictory writings and blatant errors contained within the pages of what you know of as "the [Holy] Bible".... the most poorly assembled amalgamation of ideology ever assembled to date.

“I'm Not Wearing Any Underwear”

Since: Jan 14

Langly Falls, Va

#687542 Jan 20, 2014
Barrack Obama stated today that he doens't believe weed is any more dangerous than alcohol. So why isn't he doing anything about it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 17 min raj 276
harun mat saat (Mar '11) 21 min Allah Maha Agong 126
The Christian Atheist debate 32 min Brian_G 1,012
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min Tony17 596,372
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 52 min Student 40,712
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr laskar shalahudin 444,343
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr USawarringIdiotSo... 177,177
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 612,621
More from around the web