Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#684843 Jan 12, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The burden of proof always falls on those who claim there is 'something' The whole of the world does not evidence a God, but you claim there is one.....wheres your proof??
It has been my experience that the Christians are the ones sending out missionaries to convert the 'heathens'. They do tend to get in your face about their imaginary God.
Also the Christian right has been for years and years now trying to push their Christian bullsh!t on the whole American high school student bodies. Sounds kind of 'pushy shovey' to me.
The atheists in America are only trying to stem the tide of Christian bullsh!t that is trying to take over this country.
Exactly, we are fighting back. They started it and now they don't like the war. Kind of like Hitler didn't like the Allies invading and destroying Germany.

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#684844 Jan 12, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians can only thrive if they keep us misinformed and uninformed. It is easier to lie when the people you lie to don't know anything. Education is the nemesis of Christianity.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Look who's calling someone else a liar--me! All I ever do is lie. I'm such a brainwashed, mental reject.
There, I fixed it for you.

You're welcome.

;-)

Location hidden

#684845 Jan 12, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
you don't even know who i am
You are being a moron. We all know what you post. That is enough to know what you are.

When Hitler said that he thought the Jews should get exactly what they deserved he ha something different in mind then when Martin Luther King said that Blacks deserved exactly what they deserved.

If you are going to post nonsense be prepared to have it challenged.

Location hidden

#684846 Jan 12, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not OK that you're completely brainwashed and incapable of seeking help for your mental illness. You clearly lack the capacity to differentiate fantasy from reality. There's never been a divinely inspired miracle. You're certifiably insane and should be institutionalized immediately.
I got exactly the same thing from his post as you did. If he objects he should stop posting his nonsense.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#684847 Jan 12, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
And I didn't put any death curse on you, you self-righteous POS.
<quoted text>
I wouldn't dream of discouraging you.
:-)
Actually, nano-anally is his own worst curse. He's just too hateful to realize it.
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
he he :)
I *told* you that you'd post back to me eventually. You just couldn't resist me.

Nano-analy finds me irresistable, too. He couldn't stop posting his hate to me if his empty and worthless life depended on it. It's the only purpose he has in his life. How pathetic is that?

Location hidden

#684848 Jan 12, 2014
andet1987 wrote: God is helping me

ALAN: Well that explains why you can't answer the Atheists are getting your hide nailed to the wall.

Location hidden

#684849 Jan 12, 2014
andet1987 wrote: God is helping me

ALAN: Well that explains why you can't answer the Atheists, and are getting your hide nailed to the wall.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#684850 Jan 12, 2014
Orc Shaman wrote:
Got to love it
The atheists loathe the fact that the burden of proof is on them and not the other way around.
1. How do you figure that? It is no one's job to disprove your god; it is *your* job to prove *your* god, if you expect to be believed.
Orc Shaman wrote:
So they have to resort to bullying type tactic like this.
2. You mean, like threatening people with eternal damnation and suffering, the way you xtians need to?
Orc Shaman wrote:
Sad to see really. Because for them it is not enough for them to do what they claim and just "not believe" but will not be satisfied until they shove their "religion" into everyone face.
See # 2 again.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#684851 Jan 12, 2014
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here.
A good Irish joke.
A Irish man was walking down the street, he was fully naked except that he was holding a boot over his penis. A policeman walking past pulled him up and said "what on earth do you think you are doing?"
The Irish man replied.
"Oh, I'm just f#%king a boot " .
LOLOL!

My favourite Irish joke is this one. A man was walking home late one night in Belfast. Next thing he was bailed up by some masked people with a gun.

"What religion are you, Catholic or Protestant?"

Oh no! What do I say?!!

"Oh I'm Jewish," he replied eventually.

"Well, well," came the reply. "I must be the luckiest Arab in the whole of Northern Ireland."

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#684852 Jan 12, 2014
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
And my personal favourite.
Reality.
If your god is real, why can't you prove it? It should be simple enough, even for you.

Location hidden

#684853 Jan 12, 2014
Centurion33 wrote:
There is no such thing as GOD as most of you think so. There is energy form which circles us around. I cannot believe people even now days think there is one person sitting on throne punishing evil ones and rewarding good ones.
The Christian afterlife is certainly no paradise. Imagine being in heaven and looking down into hell and having to watch all your loved ones burning, screaming, suffering in excruciating pain for eternity, it goes on day after day after day for ever. You can't even imagine forever. It would be worse than war because at least some day the war is over. The suffering of hell is never over and yet all the good Christians have to watch it, forever as well. How many times must a child scream from the pain of the old lake of fire before it drives you insane? Christians have not thought about hell or heaven in the afterlife because if they did they would realize it is all hell.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#684854 Jan 12, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'll bet you an old Punt that I've heard it all before.
Hehehe.
Aye Mac, to be sure.

Why did the Irish call the currency the Punt?
Because it rhymes with bank manager.

Location hidden

#684855 Jan 12, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
nanoanomaly is the most retarded and revolting redneck bitch to ever post in this forum. You're wasting your time if you think you can convince this blissfully ignorant self-righteous bigoted waste of sperm cell that Christianity is nothing more than a derivative cult with very little originality.
I do not post for nanonuts. You are exactly right that no evidence will convince this blissfully ignorant self-righteous bigoted waste of a sperm cell that his whole religion is nothing more than a derivative cult who stole everything it has from history. I post it because he knows it makes him look bad for one reason, and because others can read it and know what to use against his sorry simple minded ass.

Many no-theists know the Bible fails but not what the exact specifics are. These are the exactly specifics where it fails and even nononuts is not stupid enough to try to get out of the corner the truth about his simple mindedness backs him into.

Location hidden

#684856 Jan 12, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Twit.
Nymph has barely been on Topix for months.
<quoted text>
You're such a hateful little xtian, aren't you? Your jeebus and your parents must be really proud!
His parents were twins.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#684857 Jan 12, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
before you call me brainwashed get your facts straight, ok ? you don't even who i am really.
ok, i am raised in a highly religious Catholic family.
And there's your brainwashing right there. Problem soved!

I'm glad I could help.

:-D

Location hidden

#684858 Jan 12, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No herpes is curable, dimwit, but, like Shingles, which is caused by a second exposure to Chickenpox, it can go dormant for a while. You will always be a carrier of the virus.
People like to believe that smallpox is extinct now too, but it's not. Every person that has been infected with smallpox and survived it,(those who were never immunized, but survived) carry it in their body forever, dormant. It's just a matter of time until we see another smallpox outbreak.
You changed the subject nanonuts. So it is just a matter of time before I have another herpes outbreak? So it was just a coincidence that I had an outbreak ever 3-4 weeks for ten years, then took BHT and have been symptom free for 35 years?

Have you ever posted anything that has credibility? If I ever get another outbreak of herpes you'll be the first to know.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#684859 Jan 12, 2014
I gotta see it again!!!
nano-anally wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, he's goofing about the miracle story but he's serious about hooking up with a fellow dk. You've been on here long enough to remember andet's game.
And the brilliant comeback of....
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, nano.... I don't remember andet, or his game, at all.
You're the only trawler of cock I'm aware of.
LMAO!!!

Location hidden

#684860 Jan 12, 2014
You were stupid enough to buy into the whole book of lies, and you hate non-christians because we're smarter than you, and you can't sell that xtian shit to us..
http://news.yahoo.com/religious-people-a....2...

Religious people are less intelligent than atheists, study finds

Intelligent people are more likely to be married, and more likely to be successful in life - and this may mean they “need” religion less

Religious people are less intelligent than non-believers, according to a new review of 63 scientific studies stretching back over decades.

A team led by Miron Zuckerman of the University of Rochester found “a reliable negative relation between intelligence and religiosity” in 53 out of 63 studies. Even in extreme old age, intelligent people are less likely to believe, the researchers found - and the reasons why people with high IQs shun religion may not be as simple as previously thought.

Previous studies have tended to assume that intelligent people simply “know better”, the researchers write - but the reasons may be more complex.

For instance, intelligent people are more likely to be married, and more likely to be successful in life - and this may mean they “need” religion less.

The studies used in Zuckerman's paper included a life-long analysis of the beliefs of a group of 1,500 gifted children - those with IQs over 135 - in a study which began in 1921 and continues today.

Even at 75 to 91 years of age, the children from Lewis Terman’s study scored lower for religiosity than the general population - contrary to the widely held belief that people turn to God as they age. The researchers noted that data was lacking about religious attitudes in old age and say,“Additional research is needed to resolve this issue.”

As early as 1958, Michael Argyle concluded,“Although intelligent children grasp religious concepts earlier, they are also the first to doubt the truth of religion, and intelligent students are much less likely to accept orthodox beliefs, and rather less likely to have pro-religious attitudes.”

A 1916 study quoted in Zuckerman’s paper (Leuba) found that,“58% of randomly selected scientists in the United States expressed disbelief in, or doubt regarding the existence of God; this proportion rose to nearly 70% for the most eminent scientists.”

The paper, published in the academic journal Personality and Social Psychology Review, said “Most extant explanations (of a negative relation) share one central theme—the premise that religious beliefs are irrational, not anchored in science, not testable and, therefore, unappealing to intelligent people who “know better.”
The answer may, however, be more complex. Intelligent people may simply be able to provide themselves with the psychological benefits offered by religion - such as “self-regulation and self-enhancement,” because they are more likely to be successful, and have stable lives.

“Intelligent people typically spend more time in school—a form of self-regulation that may yield long-term benefits,” the researchers write.“More intelligent people get higher level jobs (and better employment (and higher salary) may lead to higher self-esteem, and encourage personal control beliefs.”

“Last, more intelligent people are more likely to get and stay married (greater attachment), though for intelligent people, that too comes later in life. We therefore suggest that as intelligent people move from young adulthood to adulthood and then to middle age, the benefits of intelligence may continue to accrue.”

The researchers suggest that further research on the “function” of religion may reveal more.

“People possessing the functions that religion provides are likely to adopt atheism, people lacking these very functions (e.g., the poor, the helpless) are likely to adopt theism,” the researchers wrote..

Location hidden

#684861 Jan 12, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the earth has the perfect conditions for us to live ad the earth provides us everything we need..
I guess that explains the 35,000 children who die each day from starvation and preventable diseases.

Ever hear that children's song, "Jesus loves all the little children of the world"? Imagine if Jesus hated them.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#684862 Jan 12, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The Jews have always kept track of who "begat" who and they know he existed. Einstein, who waffled on the issue of belief in a "god" during his lifetime did, absolutely, believe that Jesus existed in the flesh as a great teacher.
I don't see you hypocrites begging for anybody to show us all Buddha's birth certificate. Lack of legal papers is NOT proof of a man's nonexistence. There have been plenty of people who have never had their births documented, why don't you deny their existence too?
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh poor baby, life isn't fair is it. Do you really not know why no one is asking for Buddha's birth certificate? Really?
Problem: Genealogies in Matthew and Luke contradict each other
Verses: Matthew 1:1-17, Luke 3:23-38; Status: Minor
This is one of the most well-known problems for Biblical inerrancy. Matthew's and Luke's gospels both trace the ancestry of Joseph (husband of Mary, mother of Jesus) back to King David, and Luke continues all the way back to Adam. But their genealogies are completely different.
The standard reply seems to be that one or other of the genealogies is actually of Mary, not Joseph. Yet it's unclear why the text can't just explicitly say this.
Nor does it explain the discrepancy of fifteen generations. If a generation is, say, 25 years, that means one spouse was older than the other by about 375 years.

Nor will they decide on *which* genealogy is Mary's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 3 min Johnny 3,681
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 21 min Insults Are Easier 28,955
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 22 min Steve 44,189
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Johnny 4,763
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Steve 637,683
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 618,203
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Card Carrying Zio... 181,915
More from around the web