Prove there's a god.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#684889 Jan 12, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like a Trotline?
...attached to an itty-bitty dinghy powered by 350HP BIG-Johnson EVER-rude outBORING engine.

VaROOOOM!!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#684890 Jan 12, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No herpes is curable, dimwit, but, like Shingles, which is caused by a second exposure to Chickenpox, it can go dormant for a while. You will always be a carrier of the virus.
People like to believe that smallpox is extinct now too, but it's not. Every person that has been infected with smallpox and survived it,(those who were never immunized, but survived) carry it in their body forever, dormant. It's just a matter of time until we see another smallpox outbreak.
Man mutated avian flu virus airborn.

http://www.nature.com/scitable/blog/viruses10...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#684891 Jan 12, 2014
Charlotte wrote:
I add: I don't see how a Jesus person existed since there is no documented or any physical proof of him nor any of the characters written about in the bible. No one. But I do think there is an "Jesus" ideology of compassion and love shared by a group of ancients that the different church leaders took parts from their hopes and teachings; the part to blind the people to be humble and added some fears (heaven if you're obedient and a hell if you're not) all that are realized once you die. Neat trick-you'll never know if what you have been told is true , until you die. I never said religious leaders are dumb, just maliciously manipulative and mean for power over a majority-a lot like government...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bart-d-ehrman/d... This agnostic scholar who leans towards theism associates Jesus mythers with holocaust deniers.
----------

In a society in which people still claim the Holocaust did not happen, and in which there are resounding claims that the American president is, in fact, a Muslim born on foreign soil, is it any surprise to learn that the greatest figure in the history of Western civilization, the man on whom the most powerful and influential social, political, economic, cultural and religious institution in the world -- the Christian church -- was built, the man worshipped, literally, by billions of people today -- is it any surprise to hear that Jesus never even existed?
----------

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#684893 Jan 12, 2014
G'night, all.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#684894 Jan 12, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
I just posted the following in the Atheism/faith thread. What do the PTAGers think?

In a controversial decision, the Oklahoma government authorized a Ten Commandments monument on the Capitol grounds. The Satanic Temple has now submitted an application to place a seven-foot statue of Satan (depicted as goat-headed, with wings and horns) on the Capitol grounds. The applicants explain that the monument is intended to be a historical marker celebrating the scapegoats, marginalized and demonized minorities, and a symbol of religious freedom.

Who thinks both monuments should be permitted, and why? Who thinks neither should be permitted? Who thinks one should be allowed, and the other not, and why?
I think that neither should be permitted because religion is really stupid and a hinderance to mankind.

However, since your Laws supposedly claim religious freedom, under that premise, both should be permitted.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#684897 Jan 12, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
I just posted the following in the Atheism/faith thread. What do the PTAGers think?
In a controversial decision, the Oklahoma government authorized a Ten Commandments monument on the Capitol grounds. The Satanic Temple has now submitted an application to place a seven-foot statue of Satan (depicted as goat-headed, with wings and horns) on the Capitol grounds. The applicants explain that the monument is intended to be a historical marker celebrating the scapegoats, marginalized and demonized minorities, and a symbol of religious freedom.
Who thinks both monuments should be permitted, and why? Who thinks neither should be permitted? Who thinks one should be allowed, and the other not, and why?
Controversial? No. Unconstitutional & unconscionable? Yes!
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#684898 Jan 12, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
you fu****cking LUNATIC !!!
You certainly are a stark raving mad insane lunatic and should be in a mental institution for professional care. You don't the capacity to differentiate fantasy from reality and you've never witnessed a divinely inspired miracle, kid.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#684899 Jan 12, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ bart-d-ehrman/did-jesus-exist_ b_1349544.html This agnostic scholar who leans towards theism associates Jesus mythers with holocaust deniers.
----------
In a society in which people still claim the Holocaust did not happen, and in which there are resounding claims that the American president is, in fact, a Muslim born on foreign soil, is it any surprise to learn that the greatest figure in the history of Western civilization, the man on whom the most powerful and influential social, political, economic, cultural and religious institution in the world -- the Christian church -- was built, the man worshipped, literally, by billions of people today -- is it any surprise to hear that Jesus never even existed?
----------
It's as if these religiously retarded imbeciles are in a competition to prove that they're the greatest moron in history of this forum. There's no proof Obama is a Muslim or was born on foreign soil. There's also absolutely no credible evidence the biblical Jesus was an historical figure. However, you've just proven that you're a world class ignoramus. Congratulations!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#684900 Jan 12, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that neither should be permitted because religion is really stupid and a hinderance to mankind.
However, since your Laws supposedly claim religious freedom, under that premise, both should be permitted.
But what about all the rest?
I would submit that a garden be placed in the middle, with a 3 peaked depiction of the land of Mu, sporting a closed lotus and a black sun above it, as that is the earliest known religion to date. And how could we leave out the venerated Osiris and Isis, and Thoth, and Lord Pacal, not to mention Jupiter, Zeus, Apollo, Astarte and the rest of the Greek Pantheon..oh lordy, I almost forgot Amen, Amon, Hermes and the Egyptian gang...oh... then ther's the Brahma and the Indian gang, and the Chinese and eastern gods an Norse gods to include also. My apologies for leaving out any gods that are so dear to folks I haven't thought of like the Great Spirit and others in the Americas and them Wicca folks too.
I reckon it's gonna be a bit expensive ta pull it all off, an ther ain't gonna be much walk'n room left in town neither, but folks should have ther religions represented equally ya know--if'n we'er gonna be fair about it all..or maybe we should just take it all down an save a whole lots o' coins in the process.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#684901 Jan 12, 2014
irecknso wrote:
<quoted text>How is it a hinderance to mankind? don't u pretty much do what u want? i mean what u wanna do go out and slaughter ppl at will and w/out fear of percercution from religion or the law of man? i mean for real, what does religion keep u from doing? not every1 is religious so how does it hinder them from doing what they wish?
That makes no sense considering religion kills more than any other demographic. If it wasn't for religion, we'd probably have teleporters by now as well as many more scientific advancements. Racism and misogyny would also be obsolete by now, as it bloody well should be.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#684902 Jan 12, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>But what about all the rest?
I would submit that a garden be placed in the middle, with a 3 peaked depiction of the land of Mu, sporting a closed lotus and a black sun above it, as that is the earliest known religion to date. And how could we leave out the venerated Osiris and Isis, and Thoth, and Lord Pacal, not to mention Jupiter, Zeus, Apollo, Astarte and the rest of the Greek Pantheon..oh lordy, I almost forgot Amen, Amon, Hermes and the Egyptian gang...oh... then ther's the Brahma and the Indian gang, and the Chinese and eastern gods an Norse gods to include also. My apologies for leaving out any gods that are so dear to folks I haven't thought of like the Great Spirit and others in the Americas and them Wicca folks too.
I reckon it's gonna be a bit expensive ta pull it all off, an ther ain't gonna be much walk'n room left in town neither, but folks should have ther religions represented equally ya know--if'n we'er gonna be fair about it all..or maybe we should just take it all down an save a whole lots o' coins in the process.
Well yeah, the rest were not presented in the question but I'm all for either all or nothing. No one religion should take precedence over another, while religion exists anyway.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#684903 Jan 12, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yeah, the rest were not presented in the question but I'm all for either all or nothing. No one religion should take precedence over another, while religion exists anyway.
Ya. an I'm still await'n them teleporters with ya too!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#684904 Jan 12, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
I just posted the following in the Atheism/faith thread. What do the PTAGers think?
In a controversial decision, the Oklahoma government authorized a Ten Commandments monument on the Capitol grounds. The Satanic Temple has now submitted an application to place a seven-foot statue of Satan (depicted as goat-headed, with wings and horns) on the Capitol grounds. The applicants explain that the monument is intended to be a historical marker celebrating the scapegoats, marginalized and demonized minorities, and a symbol of religious freedom.
Who thinks both monuments should be permitted, and why? Who thinks neither should be permitted? Who thinks one should be allowed, and the other not, and why?
My vote is NEITHER.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#684905 Jan 12, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not OK that you're completely brainwashed and incapable of seeking help for your mental illness. You clearly lack the capacity to differentiate fantasy from reality. There's never been a divinely inspired miracle. You're certifiably insane and should be institutionalized immediately.
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
you fu****cking LUNATIC !!!
do not open your idiot mouth !!
it is found in the constitution that all of us have the right to what we believe !!
your brain is too small, you can not grasp what is a Miracle or what is a Fiction !!
you next response will not be read !!! speak to yourself in front of the mirror !!!
MORON !!!
Looks to me like ol' Scrooge was right.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#684906 Jan 12, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
I just posted the following in the Atheism/faith thread. What do the PTAGers think?
In a controversial decision, the Oklahoma government authorized a Ten Commandments monument on the Capitol grounds. The Satanic Temple has now submitted an application to place a seven-foot statue of Satan (depicted as goat-headed, with wings and horns) on the Capitol grounds. The applicants explain that the monument is intended to be a historical marker celebrating the scapegoats, marginalized and demonized minorities, and a symbol of religious freedom.
Who thinks both monuments should be permitted, and why? Who thinks neither should be permitted? Who thinks one should be allowed, and the other not, and why?
Permit them both.

Put up the Wiccan Rede, too, along with the Gospel of Aradia. Put up as many different religious icons as possible, so that people will have more to choose from.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#684907 Jan 12, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bart-d-ehrman/d... This agnostic scholar who leans towards theism associates Jesus mythers with holocaust deniers.
And that makes him wrong.

There is ample evidence of the Holocaust, particularly its SURVIVORS.

There is absolutely NO evidence for jesus.

Deal with it.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#684909 Jan 12, 2014
irecknso wrote:
<quoted text> That wasn't what i asked, how would racism and whatever that other word is, be obsolete by now? ppl will be ppl, we don't need religion for hate, racism or anyother thang, ppl are gonna hate regardless, i do agree that religion is F-KED up, but not all, you can't blame the act's of all ppl on religion, i think if they could've had a teleporter by now, they would've done so, to curious bout $#!t not to! how is religion hindering you personally from doing what you want? how? i'm not religious and i do what the F-K i want, withn reason! ur sayn W/OUT morals and $#!t right? where n the F-K would we be w/out them? in australia? with the rainbow serpent of blackmountain? tell me doc, how is it hindering you? sounds like a lot of ppl just wanna cast blame! if we all could do just whatever we wanted, well #E!!, wouldn't it really be lovely!
I agree. Without religion people would just find another excuse to hate each other.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#684911 Jan 12, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Ya. an I'm still await'n them teleporters with ya too!
Lol.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#684913 Jan 12, 2014
irecknso wrote:
<quoted text>That wasn't what i asked, how would racism and whatever that other word is, be obsolete by now? ppl will be ppl, we don't need religion for hate, racism or anyother thang, ppl are gonna hate regardless, i do agree that religion is F-KED up, but not all, you can't blame the act's of all ppl on religion, i think if they could've had a teleporter by now, they would've done so, to curious bout $#!t not to! how is religion hindering you personally from doing what you want? how? i'm not religious and i do what the F-K i want, withn reason! ur sayn W/OUT morals and $#!t right? where n the F-K would we be w/out them? in australia? with the rainbow serpent of blackmountain? tell me doc, how is it hindering you? sounds like a lot of ppl just wanna cast blame! if we all could do just whatever we wanted, well #E!!, wouldn't it really be lovely!
You asked about my individual doings being hampered, I know this and ignored it because I was referring to mankind as a whole, not just my bitty own self. Where would we be without them? The future and our warriors, all over the globe I call Asylum of the Galaxy, would not be helpless and stood upon.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#684914 Jan 12, 2014
irecknso wrote:
Do ppl blame religion on JESUS? JESUS and JOHN THE BAPTIST both taught about an alternative way besides religion, it's what basically got them killed? even IF he wasn't real, the teaching's and msg are, i see nuttn religious about anythang HE said! why does so many ppl hate a man, they say never existed?
I don't hate, period. I can't speak for others but I have no problem with the jesus! character at all, nor do I have a problem with Santa, the Easter bunny who poops jelly beans, smurfs or any other fictional character.

My issue is with the murderous, lying, bigoted church' aka 'body of alleged believers'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 39 min Russian Amb Grope... 2,630
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 hr Trump Worshiper 119,219
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Trump Worshiper 679,164
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr earthly science f... 445,839
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr Holy Jehowa Witness 46,214
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 4 hr Trumps worshiper 33,216
Melania Trump's hair shines in Saudi sun 4 hr Trumps worshiper 5
More from around the web