Prove there's a god.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#684862 Jan 12, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The Jews have always kept track of who "begat" who and they know he existed. Einstein, who waffled on the issue of belief in a "god" during his lifetime did, absolutely, believe that Jesus existed in the flesh as a great teacher.
I don't see you hypocrites begging for anybody to show us all Buddha's birth certificate. Lack of legal papers is NOT proof of a man's nonexistence. There have been plenty of people who have never had their births documented, why don't you deny their existence too?
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh poor baby, life isn't fair is it. Do you really not know why no one is asking for Buddha's birth certificate? Really?
Problem: Genealogies in Matthew and Luke contradict each other
Verses: Matthew 1:1-17, Luke 3:23-38; Status: Minor
This is one of the most well-known problems for Biblical inerrancy. Matthew's and Luke's gospels both trace the ancestry of Joseph (husband of Mary, mother of Jesus) back to King David, and Luke continues all the way back to Adam. But their genealogies are completely different.
The standard reply seems to be that one or other of the genealogies is actually of Mary, not Joseph. Yet it's unclear why the text can't just explicitly say this.
Nor does it explain the discrepancy of fifteen generations. If a generation is, say, 25 years, that means one spouse was older than the other by about 375 years.

Nor will they decide on *which* genealogy is Mary's.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#684863 Jan 12, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
I like lemons and peanuts.
Thanks, nano!
You do not stick them up your ass before sex though do you? Tha'ts just something nanonuts does, right?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#684864 Jan 12, 2014
Keep in mind that this is the genealogy from David to jesus.

Neither of which can be accurate, since Joseph was not the father of jesus, but rather "god" was.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#684865 Jan 12, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
probably "magic" in order to put God in the level of magicians. they like pull down God into someone ordinary.
What happened to the magician who was gay?
He vanished with a poof!

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#684866 Jan 12, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong and just as stupid as the doctors at Kaiser.
I got herpes when I was in my early 20's. For 10 years I had outbreaks. One would no sooner clear up then the next one would start. For tens years I suffered. Then I heard about the cure, BHT. I ordered some, it's cheap and I took it for two weeks. I have not had another outbreak. When I told my doctor at Kaiser, who is as stupid as you are, he said, "There is no cure." He said the virus was just hiding in my body somewhere. Thirty five years later I still have had no outbreaks.
My doctor wanted me to be on a medication for herpes that might reduce on outbreak for every ten I would have normally had. Plus there is not enough room in topix to list the side effects.
I took BHT for two weeks and I have not had a single outbreak. Sounds like a cure to me.
Now the problem is that the Crony-capitalists don't like cures because then they can't sell their deadly dangerous drugs to me for the rest of my life so they write papers and call them "scientific evidence" that BHT doesn't work and will kill you if you take it. Funny that "they" have been putting it in salad dressings and mayonnaise since 1947.
http://www.bht-herpes.com/
I am living proof that BHT cures herpes.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No herpes is curable.....
Hey, just because *yours* isn't.....

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#684867 Jan 12, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
More than being white, most likely he was racist, sexist and anti-gay as well. We are talking about people who believe things that are absurd trying to deceive people into believing their absurdities.
And so they make God in their own image...

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#684868 Jan 12, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
When my Australian friend came to visit he said, "I see you have some whites." Excuse me? "Whites, right over there" as he pointed to my weight lifting weights.
LOLOL

I didn't think that you would have cricketing whites.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#684869 Jan 12, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it so God damned funny to make fun of RR!
It has a lot to do with what's in his head.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#684870 Jan 12, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What ever you are smoking I'd sure like to get some?:)
I'll hold off 'til I'm sitting next to a campfire with the my crew.

You're welcome to join us.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#684871 Jan 12, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the earth has the perfect conditions for us to live ad the earth provides us everything we need. This couldn't have been possible if there was "a big bang" (which was basically a random explosion) to form such a perfect environment. That would be like throwing a bunch of puzzle pieces in the air and watching it solve itself. There has to be some kind of intelligent being behind the creation of the universe.
http://www.npr.org/2013/11/05/242991030/galax...

"A team of planet hunters estimates that about 22 percent of the sun-like stars in our galaxy may have planets about the size of Earth that are bathed in similar amounts of sunlight — and potentially habitable."
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#684872 Jan 12, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
Nicely said, I see your vacation was good for you. Kind of refreshing right? Where did you go?
I stayed in Tucson and hiked in the nearby national parks. Chiricahua National Monument is one of my favorites and worth a visit if you're ever in the area.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#684873 Jan 12, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Bong hit or no, Topix is slower than changes in the church. Also getting lots of error messages. I tried a different browser and had the same problems. Sometimes my posts are being posted two and three times.
Adblocker and various other utilities work wonders toward speedy page loads.

Last night the problem wasn't local to my end. It was in Palo Alto, I'm guessing.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#684874 Jan 12, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Exercise alone can cure diabetes 2. But you will be healthier all around if you avoid the denatured carbs and stick with high quality meat and vegetables.
In fact high quality meat may be the solution to global climate change.
I had a little accident where the most exercise I got was changing positions on the couch and pointing the remote at the TV box. That is when my numbers started going up. Even a 15 minute fast walk is enough to drop it a few points and a 30 minute walk even more. It doesn't take much exercise at all to get the numbers down in to the safe range.
Now that's something I'm deadly serious about. Going to pound a lot of treadmills this year.

They always call Type 2 diabetes a lifestyle disease. Thanks for all that.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#684875 Jan 12, 2014
John wrote:
Because the earth has the perfect conditions for us to live ad the earth provides us everything we need. This couldn't have been possible if there was "a big bang" (which was basically a random explosion) to form such a perfect environment. That would be like throwing a bunch of puzzle pieces in the air and watching it solve itself. There has to be some kind of intelligent being behind the creation of the universe.
A religiously retarded imbecile's willful ignorance of science isn't proof of the mythical deity of their particular religious cult. If the universe had been designed then there would be overwhelming proof and absolutely none exists. Only a small fraction of planets in the universe have conditions that support life, you blithering idiot!!!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#684876 Jan 12, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
I gotta see it again!!!
<quoted text>
And the brilliant comeback of....
<quoted text>
LMAO!!!
I bet nano's family's coat of arms has a little weenie impaled by a fishhook somewhere on it.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#684877 Jan 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you find at the bottom of a Irish step ladder ?
A drunken Irishman. LOL
Ever watch Father Ted ?
I loved that show.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Have you heard this one?
An Irishman walks out of a bar...
Hey, it could happen!
Hi, mac!

Here's something for you to pass along; it's Newton's Law of Beverages, which clearly states: "You can get just as drunk on water as you can on land."

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#684878 Jan 12, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not stick them up your ass before sex though do you? Tha'ts just something nanonuts does, right?
No, i do not.

Got no idea what nano does.

Well, not really...

http://divine-interventions.com/religioustoys...

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#684879 Jan 12, 2014
I just posted the following in the Atheism/faith thread. What do the PTAGers think?

In a controversial decision, the Oklahoma government authorized a Ten Commandments monument on the Capitol grounds. The Satanic Temple has now submitted an application to place a seven-foot statue of Satan (depicted as goat-headed, with wings and horns) on the Capitol grounds. The applicants explain that the monument is intended to be a historical marker celebrating the scapegoats, marginalized and demonized minorities, and a symbol of religious freedom.

Who thinks both monuments should be permitted, and why? Who thinks neither should be permitted? Who thinks one should be allowed, and the other not, and why?

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#684880 Jan 12, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Twit.
Nymph has barely been on Topix for months.
<quoted text>
You're such a hateful little xtian, aren't you? Your jeebus and your parents must be really proud!
It's called doing the Lord's work.
:-)

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#684881 Jan 12, 2014
<quoted text>
It's no coincidence that "jesus, the son of god" and his 12 disciples, came along *after* Hercules, the son of Zeus and his 12 Labors.
Xtians don't want us to know this.
<quoted text>
I know.
When they are shown the origins of their religion with all the proof in the world to back it up, they just sit there and sh*t their pants, screaming "NO NO NO!" and claim that their "satan" has possessed you and is trying to fool them.
And when they're shown that their "satan" lives only in their twisted imaginations, they scream and sh*t themselves over that one, too.
They really do live in the fourteenth century.
It's must be sad to be so brainwashed. There but for circumstances go I.

Another story about sons of the gods was Romulus and Remus, the legendary founders of Rome. Their mother was Rhea Silva, a princess who became a Vestal Virgin and their father the war god Mars.

http://www.ancient.eu.com/Romulus_and_Remus/
http://ancienthistory.about.com/cs/grecoroman...

After their mother was killed, they survived attempted drowning in the Tiber and were raised by a wolf. As adults they founded the city of Rome, or Romulus did.

Maybe because of the wolf connection, my Dad had 2 German Shepherd puppies named Romulus and Remus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Gotti 71,164
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min Big Al 699,310
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 23 min ROG 447,277
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 51 min Big Al 37
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 3 hr Ricky F 1,837
After 2 years of being together, we broke up. 8 hr lookforlove23 4
Simpson made morgue's embalmer's job......"easy" 10 hr Doctor REALITY 1