Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#682944 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that you've conceded that the little boy that was killed by the cop was in a nice neighborhood in wine country and not some ghetto hood where the cops were doing a drug sting, sure.
The government has not turned the world into a war zone.
Ha. Yeah, paramilitary style raids on the public are perfectly acceptable.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#682945 Jan 5, 2014
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes... in what way is a plant that grows out of the ground not natural?
Hold on there, lil lady. Go back to what you said earlier.

"Pot is as natural as anything you buy at the store"

How natural is Pepsi? Kool-Aid? Beer? Red Bull? Toilet paper? Windex?

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#682946 Jan 5, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
"For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner (1 Tim. 2:12-14, NIV)."
No wonder women have been right up there with goats, sheep, oxen and cattle.
The ancient Pagans recognized the duality of Nature; the male and female aspects. It was the ancient Hebrews who came along later, and converted that duality of nature into the polarity of good and evil--with the female aspect being the "evil."

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#682947 Jan 5, 2014
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes... in what way is a plant that grows out of the ground not natural?
RR said so. How dare you question his perfect knowledge of the Universe!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#682948 Jan 5, 2014
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. You need to brush up on your history.
"[Slavery] was established by decree of Almighty God...it is sanctioned in the Bible, in both Testaments, from Genesis to Revelation...it has existed in all ages, has been found among the people of the highest civilization, and in nations of the highest proficiency in the arts."
Jefferson Davis
There's the mark of cain, which has been used to denigrate people of color - with racists claiming that the mark is black skin. There's also the curse of the caanites, descended from ham. Some people claim that descendants of ham were dark skinned, and therefore the bible promotes enslaving dark skinned people. Then there's the ban on the israelites "mixing" with the caanites - great fodder for those who promote segregation and racial purity. I could go on, but I should hope you get the point.
The bible has been used throughout history to justify all sorts of bad things - and for a fact was and is used in the US to justify racism, slavery, and segregation. The people who believe this stuff believe it wholeheartedly, and are, as you would say, "just following their beliefs." Their justification for such beliefs is the same justification used by homophobes nowadays - they are simply following the bible, and their sacred religious beliefs should be respected. You will say they are "mistaken," but they would say the same thing about you.
You quote a Confederate president?!

Hahaha!!!!

Nice try.

Please don't try again, I don't want you to embarrass yourself further.

Location hidden

#682949 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
o.O
How can a person be themselves and their twin at the same time?!?
<quoted text>
That doesn't answer the question.
Not even close.
Uhhhhh. lol.

Anyways, a quick, random question. What does yaweh do in the case of a person who has had their corpus callosum severed, effectively "separating" their brain; their right brain remaining religious and their left brain becoming atheist. This is not a hypothetical, btw, it has actually happened.

So, would one half of their brain go to heaven and the other half go to hell? Or is yaweh an all or nothing type guy?

Location hidden

#682950 Jan 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's figurative!" - RR
ROFLMAO
Except when it's not, as decreed by me.- RR

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#682951 Jan 5, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Hitler said he was a christian, and you tell me I shouldn't believe him. You tell me you are a christian, and you tell me I should believe you.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not when a politician is pandering to the public.
The way you are here?

Location hidden

#682952 Jan 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a woman or a baby.
Ouch.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#682953 Jan 5, 2014
What christians believe in is based on ancient Pagan myths. That's been proven to you at least half a dozen times.
How old is that dictionary you're using? You do realize they're using a "christian" definition of paganism, don't you?
Webster’s New World College Dictionary ( 4th Ed):
Pagan; noun (contrasted with christian or jew) a peasant, rustic; a person who is not a christian, muslim, or jew; heathen; formerly, sometimes applied specifically to a non-christian by christians....a person who worships nature or the earth, specifically one who practices a form of worship in imitation of any of various religions that historically preceded christianity
adj.–1. Of pagans or paganism; not christian, muslim or jewish....
Syn.–pagan and heathen are both applied to polytheistic peoples, but pagan often refers specifically to ancient peoples, esp. the Greeks and Romans, and heathen is applied to any of the peoples regarded as primitive idolaters.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You just made my point for me - Christians aren't pagan.
Thanks.
You're too dull to see my point; christians are second-generation Pagans. The black sheep of the family.

Location hidden

#682954 Jan 5, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
And we thought Christians were bad!
Look at the picture of the 8 year old girl.
http://www.examiner.com/article/8-year-old-br...
Wow.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#682955 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Free will does not equal lack of consequences.
If it comes with a price, then it ain't free.

Derp.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#682956 Jan 5, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with you loving christian endeavor, destroy.
That thing still couldn't destroy an egg with a sledgehammer.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#682957 Jan 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
You are a great Christian.
You lie, your brainwashed, you think you are better than everyone else, you are violent, you are full f hate and you think you are the only one who can speak for God.
That is exactly why I am not a Christian. I simply believe in Jesus and try to follow his teachings to the best of my ability. That makes me an antichrist.
I don't believe you when you say you believe in Jesus.

No more than I believed Hitler.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#682958 Jan 5, 2014
It means whatever you want it to mean.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote: yadda yadda yadda.....
It doesn't work that way, my dear.
Matthew 5:17 is very clear that Jesus fulfilled the old laws. Christians don't have to follow them.
It seems to work well enough for you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#682959 Jan 5, 2014
timn17 wrote:
Ha. Yeah, paramilitary style raids on the public are perfectly acceptable.
If someone has an illegal grow room in their house that could potentially (and probably) get into the hands of the neighborhood kids, then absolutely the raids are necessary.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#682960 Jan 5, 2014
The ancient Pagans recognized the duality of Nature; the male and female aspects. It was the ancient Hebrews who came along later, and converted that duality of nature into the polarity of good and evil--with the female aspect being the "evil."
You women do it to yourselves.

>:)

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#682961 Jan 5, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
Maybe, but he would go around smearing shit on people's faces:
"Behold I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts...." (Mal. 2:3).
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Any excuse to throw out your lies about the Bible, huh?
The bible lies well enough on its own, it needs no nudging from christians like you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#682962 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
o.O
How can a person be themselves and their twin at the same time?!?
timn17 wrote:
Uhhhhh. lol.
Anyways, a quick, random question.
It wasn't a random question.

Alan made the comment that a person can be themselves and their twin at the same time.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#682964 Jan 5, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
Then why did you say you trust and obey the Bible?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I do.
Only the parts you like.

Burn any goats lately?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Rosesz 646,782
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min Steve III 44,711
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 6 min Shawn091 720
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 21 min It aint necessari... 49,240
Antwan Carter 24 min SnowBunny1 4
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 1 hr John 8
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 1 hr jonie061 8
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Annaleigh 105,649
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 10 hr taylorr 25
More from around the web