|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well at least you didn't accuse me of ignoring your post again.
Your concession is noted and accepted.
Sigh. This is typical of you. You repeat yourself over and over, and then when your opponent finally gets tired of it, you claim "victory." Incredibly annoying. I could take the time to go back and respond to you, but I might as well just refer you to my earlier posts, since you simply repeated yourself.

“Here's Lookin' At You, Kid”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
timn17 wrote:
Really?
<quoted text>
While posting under another graybox name, Porter claimed that he was killed while rescuing tornado survivors in Alabama.
Words fail to describe that jackass.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow.
porter is quite the weirdo.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person's religious beliefs can be ignored, that is immoral in and of itself.
Really? So religious beliefs take precedence over any other concern? If it is my religious belief that black people are subhuman and must be treated as such, should my beliefs be respected or ignored?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no drug war on alcohol, so I fail to see your point.
Yes, I meant cops are better shots. They are trained how to use guns, druggies aren't they'll just blast wildly while the cops aims, fires and kills.
Then you'll say bad cop, bad cop.
Of course you fail to see my point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

timn17 wrote:
You didn't say how the baker was discriminated against, you just said that he was discriminated against because of his religion. How was he?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Their religion was ignored and they were forced to make cakes for marriages they didn't condone.
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story...
This is just part of the story, which I don't think you read, from the link you provided:

"A Colorado baker who refused to make a cake for a gay couple has been given an ultimatum by a judge; serve gay weddings or face fines.

1. Administrative law judge Robert N. Spence found Friday that Jack Phillips of Masterpiece Cakeshop in Denver, Colo. violated the law when he turned away David Mullins, 29, and Charlie Craig, 33, from his shop last year.

In his written decision, Spence ordered that Phillips "cease and desist from discriminating" against gay couples, or face financial penalties, and cited Colorado state law that prohibits businesses from refusing service based on race, sex, marital status or sexual orientation.

"At first blush, it may seem reasonable that a private business should be able to refuse service to anyone it chooses," Spence wrote. "This view, however, fails to take into account the cost to society and the hurt caused to persons who are denied service simply because of who they are."

Mullins and Craig married in Massachussets and had originally gone to Masterpiece in July 2012 because they wanted to a cake for their wedding reception in Colorado. When Phillips refused, the pair went to the American Civil Liberties Union, which filed a complaint with the Colorado Civil Rights Commission (CCRC) on their behalf.

According to the complaint, Phillips told the couple that the store policy was to deny service to customers who wished to order baked goods for a same-sex wedding, based on his religious beliefs.

Phillips told the men, "I'll make you birthday cakes, shower cakes, sell you cookies and brownies, I just don't make cakes for same-sex weddings."

The judge's decision states in its Finding of Facts that Phillips believes creating same-sex wedding cakes would be "displeasing God and acting contrary to the teachings of the Bible."
In concluding that Masterpiece Cakeshop acted unlawfully, a CCRC investigation also showed evidence that Phillips was willing to bake a cake for the "marriage" of a pair of dogs, but not for two women...."

To repeat: "Phillips was willing to bake a cake for the "marriage" of a pair of dogs, but not for two women...."

The baker was just a religiously bigoted piece of slime, who was found in violation of state law. As far as I'm concerned, he got off easy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The Bible doesn't condemn black people for being black. People that use the Bible to support racism are ignorant of the Bible's true teachings.
You cannot compare sexuality to race, as race cannot be chosen while sexuality can be....
Sexuality can be chosen?

Did you "choose" to be straight? If so, why?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The Bible doesn't condemn black people for being black. People that use the Bible to support racism are ignorant of the Bible's true teachings.
You cannot compare sexuality to race, as race cannot be chosen while sexuality can be.
<quoted text>
Isn't isn't the homosexuality that's a sin, it's the homosexual sex. It's as much a sin as heterosexual sex outside of marriage.
This is something I think you don't quote grasp.
<quoted text>
Wrong.
The New Testament's "sexual immorality" is relevant to all sexually immoral acts, of which homosexuality is one.
You people think the Bible focuses on homosexuals, you're totally wrong.
<quoted text>
As stated above, it's about ALL sexually immoral acts.
<quoted text>
Red herring.
You don't understand that verse, either. Lot spent too much time around the creature comforts of life in Sodom, his testimony was tarnished. But he kept his faith in God and God delivered him. Twice.
Also, there was no laws about sexual relationships until Leviticus 18.
"All acts of love are my rituals." Gospel of Aradia

Screw the bible.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

One is a declarative statement of unsubstantiated "fact," designed deliberately to cut off all discussion, while the other is an expression of faith. Go with th faith, it's more credible, less argumentative, and not in the least bit necessary to defend.
I freely admit that the goddess and her consort are myth. But it's what's behind the myth that's important. When someone says, "All acts of love, compassion and pleasure gain favor with the Goddess," some Pagans will claim that to be a literal truth, while I choose to look at the message behind the myth. And I'll still raise a toast to Aphrodite and Dionysus every full moon, because 1) I like ritual, and 2) I see it as a way of putting out some positive energy into the cosmos.
But you have told me in a declarative way to pray to your Goddess.

I knew better than to think you were forcing your religion and/or your Goddess on to me.

I'm smart enough to know better.

You? Apparently not.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
Sigh. This is typical of you. You repeat yourself over and over, and then when your opponent finally gets tired of it, you claim "victory." Incredibly annoying. I could take the time to go back and respond to you, but I might as well just refer you to my earlier posts, since you simply repeated yourself.
That's how it goes for losers, timn.

I say this.

You say that.

Then I respond to your that.

Then you "get tired of it all".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

friend of wings wrote:
<quoted text>
Interpretation: and only recently have atheists and non-theists been able to persecute, bash, criticize, condemn, mock ,slander and make fun of Christians without being burnt alive at the stake or having their head cut off....
So you want atheists to be burned alive at the stake and have their heads cut off. Just like in what you call the good old days.

Shut up, porter. You are such a moron.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
Really? So religious beliefs take precedence over any other concern? If it is my religious belief that black people are subhuman and must be treated as such, should my beliefs be respected or ignored?
Nonsense.

There's no religion that would condone that.

Except maybe Darwinism.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI the Hare Krishnas feed homeless people, also.
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
So do Atheists, without the brain washing :)
And without the "Hey, look at me! I'm helping people because I'm a christian!!"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy New Year, Kaitlin.
Right back atcha!

How's the hangover?

;-)

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
You didn't say how the baker was discriminated against, you just said that he was discriminated against because of his religion. How was he?
<quoted text>
This is just part of the story, which I don't think you read, from the link you provided:
"A Colorado baker who refused to make a cake for a gay couple has been given an ultimatum by a judge; serve gay weddings or face fines.
1. Administrative law judge Robert N. Spence found Friday that Jack Phillips of Masterpiece Cakeshop in Denver, Colo. violated the law when he turned away David Mullins, 29, and Charlie Craig, 33, from his shop last year.
In his written decision, Spence ordered that Phillips "cease and desist from discriminating" against gay couples, or face financial penalties, and cited Colorado state law that prohibits businesses from refusing service based on race, sex, marital status or sexual orientation.
"At first blush, it may seem reasonable that a private business should be able to refuse service to anyone it chooses," Spence wrote. "This view, however, fails to take into account the cost to society and the hurt caused to persons who are denied service simply because of who they are."
Mullins and Craig married in Massachussets and had originally gone to Masterpiece in July 2012 because they wanted to a cake for their wedding reception in Colorado. When Phillips refused, the pair went to the American Civil Liberties Union, which filed a complaint with the Colorado Civil Rights Commission (CCRC) on their behalf.
According to the complaint, Phillips told the couple that the store policy was to deny service to customers who wished to order baked goods for a same-sex wedding, based on his religious beliefs.
Phillips told the men, "I'll make you birthday cakes, shower cakes, sell you cookies and brownies, I just don't make cakes for same-sex weddings."
The judge's decision states in its Finding of Facts that Phillips believes creating same-sex wedding cakes would be "displeasing God and acting contrary to the teachings of the Bible."
In concluding that Masterpiece Cakeshop acted unlawfully, a CCRC investigation also showed evidence that Phillips was willing to bake a cake for the "marriage" of a pair of dogs, but not for two women...."
To repeat: "Phillips was willing to bake a cake for the "marriage" of a pair of dogs, but not for two women...."
The baker was just a religiously bigoted piece of slime, who was found in violation of state law. As far as I'm concerned, he got off easy.
Got off easy?!

What would you want to do, execute him for not agreeing with gay marriage?

Did you read the CCRC investigation file? It's a PDF. You should read it. The claim of Phillips making a cake for a dog wedding is strictly the lesbians word. There is NO evidence for that claim.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

destroy atheism wrote:
<quoted text>Reported.
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Rank amateur.
He's also hateful, bitter and impotent.

He asked his right hand last night, "Ya wanna f**k?"

His hand replied, "Not tonight, I have the cramps."

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

iversideRedneck wrote:

You cannot compare sexuality to race, as race cannot be chosen while sexuality can be....
Sexuality can be chosen?
Did you "choose" to be straight? If so, why?
I said it can be chosen, not that it is always chosen.

Please pay attention.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

destroy atheism wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported. Requested that you be banned.
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
No man, don't be pullin this banning crap. That would make you no better than that azz wipe Pomona. Freakin aye, one should be able to express their criticism without the the fear of censorship. And one should be free to be feel the sting of that criticism. Wtf? Dont like something ? Ban it. It hurt my feelings? ban it.Īt disagrees with my POV? Ban it.
That's crap. Let them say, let them express, even if it is stupid shit from Pomona.
Happy New Year, Al!!

The only time Topix ever bans anyone is on account of excessive obscenities; there wasn't a single obscenity in the post that li'l "da" wants banned.

He's such an impotent, hateful and flatulent li'l moron.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
"All acts of love are my rituals." Gospel of Aradia
Screw the bible.
Uh-huh...

You and Aradia seem to confusing sex and love.

Both are possible without the other.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

<quoted text>
They were killed after being disarmed; that means, they were unarmed when they were killed.
Comprehension is key, ar ar.
irecknso wrote:
<quoted text> I think one of them redskin's fired the first shot? whoop's, that was politically incorrect, i ment "native american"
From what I've read, it was an accidental discharge when a soldier was attempting to seize a rifle from an Indian who was deaf, and who did not understand the order.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

king wrote:
edrednex onmethnex onmethx onmethmeth
edrednex onmethnex onmethhmeth
edrednex onmethnex onmethnex onmeth
rrednex
Can't argue with *that!*

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 647,041 - 647,060 of679,814
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

477 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min pusherman_ 596,485
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min KiMare 89,507
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 17 min -USA-1 37,847
cannot satisfy my gf 20 min luvdoctor 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min -USA-1 168,953
Stop Chinese Immigration 27 min EmpireEarth 2
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 35 min Hillie Billie Boganed 109,512
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 54 min dragonrunner 232
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 56 min EdSed 216,691