Which god are you referring to?
the ONLY god

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#682588 Jan 3, 2014
Afternoon1111Delighted wrote:
<quoted text>
the ONLY god
Thousands of gods have been worshipped over the millennia. If you are stating that there is only one god, does that mean you have somehow disproven all of the others?

And you still haven't said which god it is...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#682589 Jan 3, 2014
<quoted text>i dont think so
I respect your right to have imaginary friends.

The fact that y'all don't just admit you cannot prove your alleged gods exist makes you look even more delusional than you already do.

Incidentally, did you know that you can get a Bachelor of Divinity as well as a PhD in Religion? In actual Universities.

I think that's just hilarious, especially considering those who have such Doctorates agree that there is no proof for the existence of any gods whatsoever.

Location hidden

#682590 Jan 3, 2014
<quoted text>this topix is a waste of energy
god cant be proven or not proven
its all faith
they dont have any
Then what are you doing here? In topix.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#682592 Jan 3, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands of gods have been worshipped over the millennia. If you are stating that there is only one god, does that mean you have somehow disproven all of the others?
And you still haven't said which god it is...
Praise the Rainbow Serpent!

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#682593 Jan 3, 2014
irecknso wrote:
<quoted text> thank you! yeah when he died so did a part of me, i guess alotta people would say that he was just a dog, they think a man is silly for grieving over a dog like that, but to me, he was much more and [email protected] sure smarter than a lot of people i know, he is missed, by me, more than i can say! thank you again..
No worries, I'm sorry about your dog.

A friend of mine who died, had a little white dog. After the funeral, I was crying my eyes out over him. This poor little pooch, who had just lost his master, came and licked my face.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#682594 Jan 3, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Have you ever seen the 90s movie The Pope Must Die? It's a scream!!!

His Holiness is a pretty good rock guitarist, amongst other things.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#682595 Jan 3, 2014
Only a REAL atheist moron could look at all of the animals that God has created and ask such a stupid question. 4 REAL.

Location hidden

#682596 Jan 3, 2014
Ok, which one of you is it? Fess up.

http://factualfacts.com/funny-facts/a-man-tri...

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#682597 Jan 3, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lovely. Socially accepted mass delusion. Sigh.
But it works for a lot of people. My mom was friends with this pot-smoking hippie chick about forty years ago; she (the hippie chick) got taken to one of these SGI meetings by her boyfriend, and she's been with it ever since. She's been a highly successful practicing DO (doctor of osteopathy) for about thirty years, and she credits it with her "mormon" Buddhism.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#682598 Jan 3, 2014
irecknso wrote:
You can't have light w/out dark, right w/out wrong, good w/out evil, we all make our own choices about which is right and we become who we are! WE ALL GOT IT COMING, no matter what choices we make! the darkness was alway's my friend cause i was alway's up to no good! i am payn for all my choice's n life now with my lonliness and isolation! every decision i ever made was to benefit me and no one else which has lead me to my emptiness, to my cold heart and uncaring for another, i never really had friend's, i thought of them as baggage, WTF, was i thinkn? my delusional thinkn of I, as the center of the universe was messed up to say the least, i never let anyone get close enuff to me to hurt or use me! now that i am alone and i look back, man, i'd sure like to have a friend and most of all, just someone to love and be loved! HOPE is all i have, for what? i don't know! maybe just for a friend and hug! the best friend i ever had died yrs ago, i miss him dearly, i raised him from a pup and he was by my side no matter what i was going thru! he gave me comfort when he saw i was hurtn all he wanted n return was to petted! i miss him, i miss my only friend!
Right/wrong, or good/evil, are human concepts, and highly suggestive. I mean, the muslim terrorist is right when he blows up a mall full of infidel shoppers; just ask him,*he'll* tell you. Or when a christian burns a "witch" at the stake.

Spiritual beliefs began with the duality of nature (male & female) ; it's the patriarchal abrahamists who hijacked that duality, and turned it into the polarity of good and evil--with the female half being "evil."

After all, it's all "Eve's" fault, right?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#682599 Jan 3, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Way back in the day you could go into a booth at Tower records and they would play "45's" for you. And then there was Sam's gourmet Buffet on Broadway if memory serves, an all you can eat prime rib and fried chicken place. My parents liked to go out to eat a lot so I know a lot of places to eat. There used to be an old barge on the river that had a restaurant and bar. It was cool first time I ate sword fish was on that barge.
Shortly before they went bye-bye, Tower Records had "listening stations," with head phones set up where you could listen to snippets of various tracks on CD. One day I was in there, and there was this fat black chick who may have been under some chemical influence. With headphones on, whe was singing along with the CD (not very well, either), belting out the Mariah Carey songs and waving her arms in the air and wigglin' her big butt and scaring all the kids. She was asked several times by employees to cease and desist, and then finally to leave--and she refused. Actually, she got pretty hostile. So they called the cops, the cops came in, and tazed her ass, and dragged her out.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#682600 Jan 3, 2014
That was the Tower at Broadway &16 th.

Location hidden

#682601 Jan 3, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>But it works for a lot of people. My mom was friends with this pot-smoking hippie chick about forty years ago; she (the hippie chick) got taken to one of these SGI meetings by her boyfriend, and she's been with it ever since. She's been a highly successful practicing DO (doctor of osteopathy) for about thirty years, and she credits it with her "mormon" Buddhism.
Hm. Do you think that humans will ever realise their true potential?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#682602 Jan 3, 2014
irecknso wrote:
<quoted text> thank you! yeah when he died so did a part of me, i guess alotta people would say that he was just a dog, they think a man is silly for grieving over a dog like that, but to me, he was much more and [email protected] sure smarter than a lot of people i know, he is missed, by me, more than i can say! thank you again..
I hope this helps.

http://www.petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#682603 Jan 3, 2014
prove there is not
The burden of proof is on you.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#682604 Jan 3, 2014
<quoted text>
the ONLY god
There are thousands of gods. Your god is no better than the rest.

godchecker.com

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#682606 Jan 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Right/wrong, or good/evil, are human concepts, and highly suggestive. I mean, the muslim terrorist is right when he blows up a mall full of infidel shoppers; just ask him,*he'll* tell you. Or when a christian burns a "witch" at the stake.
Spiritual beliefs began with the duality of nature (male & female) ; it's the patriarchal abrahamists who hijacked that duality, and turned it into the polarity of good and evil--with the female half being "evil."
After all, it's all "Eve's" fault, right?
"Suggestive?"

I meant "subjective."

I must be gettin' old....

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#682607 Jan 3, 2014
<quoted text>But it works for a lot of people. My mom was friends with this pot-smoking hippie chick about forty years ago; she (the hippie chick) got taken to one of these SGI meetings by her boyfriend, and she's been with it ever since. She's been a highly successful practicing DO (doctor of osteopathy) for about thirty years, and she credits it with her "mormon" Buddhism.
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hm. Do you think that humans will ever realise their true potential?
People realize their true potential in a number of ways. Some do it on their own, some rely on a spiritual belief, I know a couple of folks who did it through a peyote ritual. For her, chanting "nam myoho renge kyo" and doing "gongyo" (reciting the liturgy of Nichiren Daishonin) twice a day was her way. And spreading the faith, of course. Whether it actually gives people strength or merely draws their own strength out of them, who can say?

(Actually,*I'm* the one who calls it "mormon" Buddhism, because they claim to practice the "latter day law" of Nichiren Daishonin, which was based [so they say] on the original teachings of Shakyamuni Buddha. "Latter day law" made me think of the "latter day saints.")

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 12 min Worth Repeating 37,152
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 55 min HFCS - What It Is 4
We do NOT need any walls! 1 hr my opinions 35
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Reality is Bliss 688,830
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Tony 6,550
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr Classic 4,333
Harden and James....'the Beard Brothers' 10 hr Doctor REALITY 2
More from around the web