Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#682040 Jan 1, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
The baker was arrested for refusing to bake a cake
No he wasn't.

He told the gay couple: "I'll make you birthday cakes, shower cakes, sell you cookies and brownies, I just don't make cakes for same-sex weddings."

Why would you want a person to violate his conscience?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#682041 Jan 1, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
If the utterly despicable Christians had their way, the damn bible would be "taught" in all public schools and this country would forever be in the Dark Ages.
And they wonder why we spend so much time refuting them and showing them how insane that is.

When Newt was brought before the House of Representatives for 80 ethics violations, the House voted overwhelmingly, 395-28, to reprimand Gingrich and to fine him $300,000. The Republican Representative, Nancy Johnson, who chaired that ethics committee stated:

“Today we conclude this case by imposing a heavy penalty on the leader of this House. It is a tough penalty, unprecedented and appropriate.”

It seems that Gingrich thinks that the rules that apply to OTHER people do not apply to him. In an act of defiance, the day after being elected to his 11th term of office Gingrich announced his resignation. Gingrich stated,“I’m willing to lead but I’m not willing to preside over people who are cannibals. My only fear would be that if I tried to stay, it would just overshadow whoever my successor is.”

Newt Gingrich is a dangerous man. He is delusional. He thinks he is above the law. He seems to perceive himself as all-powerful. He seems to perceive himself as the savior of mankind. It’s now clear why Sarah and Todd Palin have endorsed Gingrich.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#682042 Jan 1, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/12/09/s...
I blame everyone who voted for politicians who supported the war on drugs for this 13 year old boys death.
Of course you do.

But that case has nothing to do with drugs.

The kid had a toy gun that the cop had mistaken for a real gun.

No drugs involved.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#682043 Jan 1, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
You make a distinction where none exists. In illogical demented pew warming imbeciles like yourself smoking one joint is drug abuse.
Negative.

Smoking a joint is drug use, not drug abuse.

Needing to smoke several joints every day is drug abuse.

You make false claims.
macumazahn

Ireland

#682044 Jan 1, 2014
Happy New Year, everyone!

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#682045 Jan 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no drug war on alcohol, so I fail to see your point.
Yes, I meant cops are better shots. They are trained how to use guns, druggies aren't they'll just blast wildly while the cops aims, fires and kills.
Then you'll say bad cop, bad cop.
Even the female cops?

Cuz you don't seem to think that my 17 years of training means anything.

Is it only the male cops, RR?

Location hidden

#682046 Jan 1, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to know what a typical sermon is like in the brainwashing institution that created a retarded, revolting and potentially violent redneck like porta potty.
Three Hymns
One Sunday a pastor told his congregation that the church needed some extra money and asked the people to prayerfully consider giving a little extra in the offering plate. He said that whoever gave the most would be able to pick out three hymns.

After the offering plates were passed, the pastor glanced down and noticed that someone had placed a $1,000 bill in offering. He was so excited that he immediately shared his joy with his congregation and said he'd like to personally thank the person who placed the money in the plate.

And there sat our Rosie all the way in the back shyly raised her hand. The pastor asked her to come to the front. Slowly she made her way to the pastor. He told her how wonderful it was that she gave so much and in thanksgiving asked her to pick out three hymns.

Her eyes brightened as she looked over the congregation, pointed to the three most handsome men in the building and said, "I'll take him and him and him!"

----------
Meeting of the Board

There will be a meeting of the Board immediately after the service," announced the pastor.

After the close of the service, the Church Board gathered at the back of the auditorium for the announced meeting. But there was a stranger in their midst -- a visitor who had never attended their church before.

"My friend," said the pastor, "Didn't you understand that this is a meeting of the Board?"

"Yes," said the visitor, "and after today's sermon, I suppose I'm just about as bored as anyone else who came to this meeting."

Location hidden

#682047 Jan 1, 2014
joel wrote:
<quoted text>
Nahh. We've just written you off as going to Hell. Christians are aware you are dedicated to being wicked and beyond help.
GOD REWARDS LIARS:
Ex. 1:15-20 says, "The king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, whose names were Shiphrah and Puah,'When you help the Hebrew women in childbirth and observe them on the delivery stool, if it is a boy, kill him; but if it is a girl, let her live.' The midwives, however, feared God and did not do what the king of Egypt had told them to do; they let the boys live. Then the king of Egypt summoned the midwives and asked them,'Why have you done this? Why have you let the boys live?' The midwives answered Pharaoh,'Hebrew women are not like Egyptian women; they are vigorous and give birth before the midwives arrive.' So God was kind to the midwives and the people increased and became even more numerous." The midwives lied and God rewarded them by being kind to them.

Joshua 2:3-6 says, "So the king of Jericho sent this message to Rahab,'Bring out the men who came to you and entered your house, because they have come to spy out the whole land.' But the woman had taken the two men and hidden them. She said,'Yes, the men came to me, but I did not know where they had come from. At dusk, when it was time to close the city gate, the men left. I don't know which way they went. Go after them quickly. You may catch up with them." (But she had taken them up to the roof and hidden them under the stalks of flax she had laid out on the roof.) Rahab lied about where the men were and yet James 2:25 says, "...was not Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?"

And 2 Kings 10:18-21 says, "Jehu brought all the people together and said to them,'Ahab served Baal a little; Jehu will serve him much. Now summon all the prophets of Baal, all his ministers and all his priests. See that no one is missing, because I am going to hold a great sacrifice for Baal. Anyone who fails to come will no longer live. But Jehu was acting deceptively in order to destroy the ministers of Baal.... all the ministers of Baal came; not one stayed away. They crowded into the temple of Baal until it was full from one end to the other." And as verses 25 to 30 show Jehu ordered his guards to go in and kill all those who worshipped Baal. After the bloodshed and killing had concluded the Lord said to Jehu in verse 30, "Because you have done well in accomplishing what is right in my eyes and have done to the house of Ahab all I had in mind to do, your descendants will sit on the throne of Israel to the 4th generation." How is that for a God of mercy!

Location hidden

#682048 Jan 1, 2014
joel wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you going to do about it, Captain Fuggoff?
Jesus is as stupid as Sarah Palin!

(15)"Judge not, and ye shall be not judged; condem not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive,and ye shall be forgiven" (Luke 6:37, Matt. 7:1), versus "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment" (John 7:24). Jesus stated men are not to judge but, then, allowed it under certain conditions. As in the case of divorce, he can't seem to formulate a consistent policy.

(16) "...I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit" (John 12:21). Jesus exhibited rather weak comprehension of science. How can the dead produce anything?

(17) "Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it?" (Mark 9:50). Again, poor science! Indeed, poor logic! How could salt lose its saltness? If it lost its saltness, it would no longer be salt.

(18) "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven" (John 3:13). If Jesus is in heaven, how can he be down on earth speaking? Moreover, according to 2 Kings 2:11 ("and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven') Jesus was not the only person to ascend into heaven, nor was he the first. Elijah preceded him and apparently Enoch did also ("And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him"--Gen. 5:24).

(19) "Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect" (Matt. 24:23-24). Jesus' criteria for false Christs and false prophets could easily be applied to himself. Judging by his standard, how do we know he is genuine?

(20) "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?(Matt.27:46), versus "Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say?'Father, save me from this hour?' No, for this purpose I have come to this hour" (John 12:27 RSV). Jesus can't seem to decide whether or not he wants to die. One moment he is willing; the next he isn't.

(21) "Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God" (Matt. 19:17). This obviates any possibility of Jesus being the perfect man, much less God.

(22) In Luke 23:30 ("Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us, and to the hills, Cover us") Jesus quoted Hosea 10:8 ("...and they shall say to the mountains, Cover us; and to the hills, Fall on us"). And, like Paul, he often quoted inaccurately. In this instance, he confused mountains with hills.

(23) "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they know him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist" (Matt. 17:11-13). John the Baptist was beheaded, but Jesus was not. And what did John the Baptist restore? Nothing!

(24) "The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it" (Luke 16:16). Certainly every man is not pressing to enter the kingdom of God.

Location hidden

#682049 Jan 1, 2014
joel wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
(8) "How much then is a man better than a sheep?" (Matt. 12:12) versus "...and I lay down my life for the sheep" (John 10:15) and "I am the sheperd, and know my sheep" (John 10:14) and "Feed my lambs" (John 21:15) and "Feed my sheep" (John 21:16).(See also: John 10:11,26,27 Matt. 10:16 and Mark 6:34). Jesus says men are better than sheep, yet repeatedly calls his followers sheep.

(9) " If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true" (John 5:31) versus "Though I bear witness of myself, yet my record is true" (John 8:14).

(10) "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works" (Matt. 5:16) versus "Take heed that ye do not your alms before men to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your father which is in heaven" (Matt. 6:1).

(11) "...that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth from the blood of innocent Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar" (Matt. 23:35 RSV) versus "the spirit of God took possession of Zechariah the son of Jehoida the priest, and he stood above the people,... they conspired against him, and... stoned him with stones..."(2 Chron. 24:20-21 RSV). As the latter verses show, Zechariah was the son of Jehoida, not Barachiah. The name Barachiah is nowhere to be found in the OT.

(12) "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy" (Matt. 5:43). This statement does not exist in the OT either. In fact, Prov. 24:17 says, "Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth..."

(13) "And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her" (Mark 10:11, Luke 6:18), versus "And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery" (Matt. 19:9). In the book of Matthew, Jesus said a man could put away his wife if one factor--fornication--is involved. In Mark and Luke he allowed no exceptions.

(14) "I am with you always, even unto the end of the world" (Matt. 28:20), versus "For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always" (Matt.26:11), Mark 14:7, John 12:8) and "Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am thither ye cannot come" (John 7:34). Is this the kind of friend one can rely on?

Location hidden

#682051 Jan 1, 2014
joel wrote:
<quoted text>
Your demons wouldn't allow you to attend. Plus I doubt your parole officer would allow it.
(1) " And Jesus said,'Go to the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples"(Matt. 26:18). Jesus should have displayed better manners. You don't invite yourself into someone's home. First you receive an invitation.

(2) "And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do" (Luke12:4). Jesus advised others to show courage when threatened, but often backed down, fled, escaped, or hid when faced with similar situations. "After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him" (John 7:1) and "Then they took up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and passed by" (John 8:59) and "Then the Pharisees went out, and held council against him, how they might destroy him. But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all; and charged them that they should not make him known..." (Matt. 12:14-16) and "Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death. Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews..." (John 11:53-54) and "Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their land..." (John 10:39) and "...Jesus could no more openly enter into the city, but was without in desert places: and they came to him from every quarter" (Mark 1:45).(See also:John 6:15). Jesus not only fled but advised others to follow his example. "But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another" (Matt. 10:23). He apparently felt discretion was the better part of valor. Bravery was not one of his strongest attributes.

(3)"...but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.... Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself" (Matt. 19:17,19) and "the second (great commandment) is like unto it. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself" (Matt. 22:39) versus "A new commandment I give to you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another" (John 13:34). If loving thy neighbor as thyself was an OT commandment, how could it be a new commandment?

(4) "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; ...and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matt. 11:29-30) versus "But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagoges; and ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake..." (Matt. 10:17-18) and "ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake:...But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye to another,,,"(Matt. 10:22-23) and ye shall be hated of all men for my name"s sake" (Luke 21:17) and "In the world ye shall have tribulation" (John 16:33). Being scourged, hated, and persecuted does not sound like a "light" and "easy" burden.

(5) "I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star" (Rev. 22:16). The genealogies in Matt. 1 and Luke 3 trace Jesus' descent from David to Joseph. If Jesus came from a virgin birth, then Joseph was not his physical father and he could not be a physical descendant of David. As mentioned in the June 1983 issue, Mary's lineage is not even discussed.
macumazahn

Ireland

#682052 Jan 1, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Three Hymns
One Sunday a pastor told his congregation that the church needed some extra money and asked the people to prayerfully consider giving a little extra in the offering plate. He said that whoever gave the most would be able to pick out three hymns.
After the offering plates were passed, the pastor glanced down and noticed that someone had placed a $1,000 bill in offering. He was so excited that he immediately shared his joy with his congregation and said he'd like to personally thank the person who placed the money in the plate.
And there sat our Rosie all the way in the back shyly raised her hand. The pastor asked her to come to the front. Slowly she made her way to the pastor. He told her how wonderful it was that she gave so much and in thanksgiving asked her to pick out three hymns.
Her eyes brightened as she looked over the congregation, pointed to the three most handsome men in the building and said, "I'll take him and him and him!"
----------
Meeting of the Board
There will be a meeting of the Board immediately after the service," announced the pastor.
After the close of the service, the Church Board gathered at the back of the auditorium for the announced meeting. But there was a stranger in their midst -- a visitor who had never attended their church before.
"My friend," said the pastor, "Didn't you understand that this is a meeting of the Board?"
"Yes," said the visitor, "and after today's sermon, I suppose I'm just about as bored as anyone else who came to this meeting."
Laffin.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#682053 Jan 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Even the female cops?
Cuz you don't seem to think that my 17 years of training means anything.
Is it only the male cops, RR?
When I say "cops", I mean real cops.

Female cops don't count. Their good for patting down female suspects and being eye candy for the male cops.

:)

You have 17 years of police training?! Korean police are real police?

Location hidden

#682054 Jan 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, they didn't discriminate.
They stuck to their religious beliefs - which are still protected by law.
The Baker may be free to practice his religion but with the new anti-discrimination laws in effect he can not discriminate against specific minorities with out being arrested, fined and put in prison. In a Republic the anti-discrimination laws are wrong, making things worse for everybody. I feel it is important that Christians be allowed to discriminate as much as they please because that is such a turn off we end up with more people rejecting Christianity faster because of how badly you believers behave.

And the laws work against gays too because if this baker goes to prison for a year for refusing to bake a cake many people are going to say gays are demanding too much.

Location hidden

#682055 Jan 1, 2014
irecknso wrote:
By finding me, you find life, and the LORD will be pleased with you.. proverb's - 8:35
I like to quote the Bible too!

2 Kings 18:27, " ...that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?"

Location hidden

#682057 Jan 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person's religious beliefs can be ignored, that is immoral in and of itself.
Blanket statements will get you into trouble RR. Which religious beliefs? How about this one?

1 COR. 7:36 American Standard Version, ("But if a man thinketh that he behaveth himself unseemly toward his virgin daughter...and if need so requireth, let him do what he will; he sinneth not; let them marry"--(American Standard Version)

Do you really want heterosexual Christian fathers marrying their daughters so they can molest them? Is God's solution to pedophilia moral in your opinion?

Location hidden

#682058 Jan 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person's religious beliefs can be ignored, that is immoral in and of itself.
I have been telling you that since the first day I joined this thread. You ignore your religious beliefs and that is immoral. One more thing we agree on, you are immoral because you ignore the following:

"...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" Luke 14:33
"If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" Matt. 19:21
"Sell your possessions and give alms" Luke 12:33
"But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" Luke 11:41
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Matt. 6:19-21
"How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" Mark 10:23
"Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" Matt. 19:23-24
A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#682060 Jan 1, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Baker may be free to practice his religion but with the new anti-discrimination laws in effect he can not discriminate against specific minorities with out being arrested, fined and put in prison.
The bakers were not arrested or put in prison.

The anti-discrimination laws protect everyone, not just minorities.

I thought you knew.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#682061 Jan 1, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
Blanket statements will get you into trouble RR. Which religious beliefs? How about this one?
1 COR. 7:36 American Standard Version, ("But if a man thinketh that he behaveth himself unseemly toward his virgin daughter...and if need so requireth, let him do what he will; he sinneth not; let them marry"--(American Standard Version)
Do you really want heterosexual Christian fathers marrying their daughters so they can molest them? Is God's solution to pedophilia moral in your opinion?
LOL

That's not a religious belief, that's an out of context verse from the Bible.

Location hidden

#682062 Jan 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no drug war on alcohol, so I fail to see your point.
Yes, I meant cops are better shots. They are trained how to use guns, druggies aren't they'll just blast wildly while the cops aims, fires and kills.
Then you'll say bad cop, bad cop.
There are bad cops RR.

Judge Tosses 53 Drug Convictions Over Former Cop’s Alleged Corruption

November 8, 2013 by UPI - United Press International, Inc.

PHILADELPHIA (UPI)— A Philadelphia judge overturned 53 drug convictions connected to a former narcotics officer under Federal investigation Friday, court records said.

Common Pleas Supervising Court Judge Sheila Woods-Skipper tossed out the convictions, each of which involved former Philadelphia Police Officer Jeffrey Walker. Walker was arrested in May following an FBI corruption investigation, WCAU reported.

FBI agents said Walker, a 22-year police force veteran with the Narcotics Unit since 1999, plotted with a government informant about robbing drug dealers.

One incident involved Walker stopping a suspect’s vehicle, appearing to plant drugs in the vehicle and then arresting the suspect. Walker and the informant later stole $15,000 from the suspect’s house, Federal charges said.

In most of the overturned cases, those convicted have served jail sentences, WCAU reported.

The city is paying massive settlement costs in lawsuits by former suspects, who allege police framed them in court, the Philadelphia inquirer said Friday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Catcher1 55,966
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Michael 649,804
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 9 min Flower-Child 53,840
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 20 min Danielle 171
Black gay brothers drop your BBM pins 21 min from uk 2
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 55 min Toby 106,052
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 44,924
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web