Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#681570 Dec 31, 2013
Scrooge wrote:
Burning non-believers at the stake is Christianity's way of showing their "love" for their fellow man.
Really?

I thought it was something else.

But I'm not addicted to evil like you.

G'head.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#681571 Dec 31, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text>The baker has the right to refuse to bake the cake but the couple also has the right to advertise that the refusal occurred. The marketplace will decide the value of their choice. Chick Fil A's business increased after their bout with similar publicity, although the bump was temporary.
It's the same with this Duck Dynasty man. He has the right to sound as foolish as he wants to. It is his employer's right to react to his public statements in whatever manner he chooses. It is also the right of the viewers to vote with their voices and their remotes. People really don't understand the First Amendment. Take Sarah Palin. She called for the firing of an MSNBC reporter for his comment on her while denigrating A&E for their stance on the bearded nitwit. It can not be both ways.
Agreed.

Just as you get to call the Duck man's words foolish.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#681572 Dec 31, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really need another civics lesson? The Constitution protects against the tyranny of the majority.
http://www.economist.com/node/15127600
http://www.rense.com/general64/madi.htm
Going through life as an uneducated boor doesn't suit you. Perhaps you should take your 24/7 Topix time and put it towards the capital of education.
You're quoting John Adams.

And you're quoting a hypothetical scenario, not Constitutional law.

Thanks for adding nothing.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#681573 Dec 31, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text>I have never asked you which god, instead, I have asked you to describe the exact nature of your god, whereby then I will be able to handily supply reams of proof against it. You cling to your decoder ring interpretation but are either unwilling or unable to easily describe your invisible friend. There is no there there.
I don't know the "exact nature" of God.

Does this mean you can't provide proof against Him?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#681574 Dec 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not only. Establishment Clause is there for two reasons: To prohibit the establishment of a national religion by Congress and to prohibit the preference by the government of one religion over another.
When the people put up a cross, that's not the government doing it.
The US government and the US people have different laws.
When the people [ie Christians] put up a cross on Government property, and they have to get permission from the government to put the cross up in the first place, it is an endorsement of religion. When the people [ie Atheists] don't like their government favoring religion over none they have an obligation to stop the government from displaying the religious symbols of the majority.

I keep telling you words mean things RR, and you know it, as you also know what it would do to your stories should you start using the right words.

We all know your agenda of trying to make what Christians do seem normal, legal and right.

Well, dude, you have to share the world and what is the best way we can all live together in harmony and peace? Is it for the government to be 100% neutral in regards to religion and no religion, or to allow one group special privileges that all must pay for?

Location hidden

#681575 Dec 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It goes both ways, dipshit.
I remember a story about a man executed by the Jews and the Romans for His expressions of Christianity......
I read that story, I had just finished reading Pinocchio and wanted to read it before I started in on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It was a boring story RR.

Location hidden

#681576 Dec 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not gonna lie and say that all Christians are good people. I've walked out of churches because of the people there.
But in this forum, it's too easy to pretend to be something you're not.
I've honestly never seen Christians act as foolishly and stupidly as I've seen the "real" ones do it here. It makes me wonder which are poes and which aren't.
I don't know.
Do you?
By their fruits shall we know them RR. Your fruits just smell but the fruits of those mentally ill people who waltz in here claiming to be Christians are rotten and stink to high heaven. That is about the best I can complement you RR. Enjoy it while it lasts. Because as soon as you do something just as stupid as the retards do it will be back to the petty bickering.

Location hidden

#681577 Dec 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your SPAM is tiring.
Why don't you use your own words?
Christians don't have to follow Jewish or Leviticus law.
I thought you knew.
You call quoting the Bible spam? As a Christian I would think you would be glad to have an Atheist quoting the Bible.

Use my own words? Have you just shit your brains down the toilet? If I tell you anything about the Bible you go ballistic which is why I quote it so that you have to try harder to find some apologetic wiggle room.

But you are wrong about not having to follow the law RR. Jesus says you do have to follow it, it is St. Paul who says you don't.

Jesus: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men so, he shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven...." (Matt. 5:17-19) and "it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fall" (Luke 16:17) and "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: all therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do" (Matt. 23:2-3) and (John 7:19, Mark 1:44)

versus

St. Paul: "Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ" (Rom. 7:4) and "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law" (Gal. 3:13) and "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace" (Rom. 6:14) and "But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter" (Rom. 7:6) and (Rom. 10:4, 3:28, Gal. 3:23-25, 5:2-4, 18, 2:19, 21, 16, 4:10, Eph. 2:15, Col. 2:14, 16, Heb. 7:19, 1 Cor. 8:8 and many others).

Jesus said the law would stand till heaven and earth passed, while Paul said it need no longer be followed.

Location hidden

#681578 Dec 31, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
However, there has been plenty of proof that most religions, including Christianity, are mostly a pack of lies.
One does not need be an atheist to point out the errors in religions. It is as easy as dropping a cotton ball in a seemingly "full" glass of water.
It is the old fly turd in the sugar bowl metaphor. How many fly turds have to be in the sugar bowl before you reject the whole entire bowl? The Bible has more than enough errors to justify rejecting the whole damn thing.

Jesus: "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matt. 28:19)

versus

Paul: "For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel" (1 Cor. 1:17).

To baptize or not to baptize, that is the question and like with all other things in the Bible there is no answer. Even if you wanted to follow the Bible it would be impossible, no one knows what to do so they guess and when people guess differently they kill each other.

Location hidden

#681579 Dec 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler said he was a Christian when he was younger and not in power.
While in power, he only proclaimed a belief in a god to pander to the masses.
In private, he was planning to change every church in Germany, then Europe, away from Christianity into his own version of it, with him as the messiah.
It's a good thing the Christian Americans stopped him.
WRONG! Those speeches I quoted have the date that Hilter addressed the German people. He was in power when he said them, which is why I included where he said them and the date he said them so you could not make such a ridiculous claim. However you still think I will trust you and believe just any old tale you tell. When will you learn I am not like you?

You do not know what Hitler really believed only Hitler knows that.

Do you have a credible source for your assertion that Hitler was going to change every church in Germany and put himself as the messiah?

Certainly Hitler had a God complex but rewriting history does not help us. It wasn't Christians in America who stopped Hitler, it was Parkinson's disease.
Shaddup

Dallas, TX

#681580 Dec 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the "exact nature" of God.
Does this mean you can't provide proof against Him?
No. You are incapable of describing your god. I can't disprove what you are incapable of describing. It disproves itself.
Shaddup

Dallas, TX

#681581 Dec 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're quoting John Adams.
And you're quoting a hypothetical scenario, not Constitutional law.
Thanks for adding nothing.
Where did I quote Adams? where did I quote a hypothetical? The Constitution was directly written to protect against the tyranny of the majority. Thank you for proving you are stupid and dishonest.
Shaddup

Dallas, TX

#681582 Dec 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Just as you get to call the Duck man's words foolish.
Exactly my point, yet you speak with forked tongue. You claim Christians no longer need to follow Leviticus but you don't bristle and even support the Duckass' proffering of Leviticus. Go figure.
Shaddup

Dallas, TX

#681583 Dec 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right.
I don't get your level of stupidity.
How is it down there?
Down? I wonder on which planet you think your level of dishonest injudiciousness dwells.
Liz

United States

#681584 Dec 31, 2013
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been explained to you "many, many times" that there are many, many thousands of documented mythical deities .
Could you show us examples of your anger on other forums besides those directed towards relishing in bashing Christians? I'd like to see if your nasty belly aching and frothy outbursts are as bad on those threads as this one. I'll wait.
I bet there are not thousands and thousands of forums bashing other religions.....that is because you know those are fictitious and that Christianity is the real deal. That is why you stay upset and angry all the time, you demonically tormented little weasel.

Location hidden

#681585 Dec 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as a peaceful murderer, pot smoker or not.
OMG you're stupid.
If I smoke pot, pay for the services of a prostitute, marry two women and insult the holy spirit how does that harm you? How does it threaten civilization? It threatens a democracy but not a Republic which is why many Mob-o-philes hate our Republic wanting a democracy instead so they can punish people for minding their own business.

When you vote for politicians who support the war on drugs RR, you are just as guilty as the cops themselves who gun down and kill peaceful kids who are doing nothing but walking down the street smoking a joint.

And murder may be peaceful like when all of the Christians in Texas killed those 27 men who were later found, via DNA testing, to be innocent of the crimes they were killed for.

But murder is wrong RR, I do not care that the Bible says there is a time to kill, it is morally wrong except perhaps in self defense. Although I do not expect a morally bankrupt person like yourself to understand that.

If you have $100 and I have a bag of weed, and you would rather have my weed and I would rather have your $100.00 and we meet and peacefully exchange items, where is the crime? Who is the victim? The Government who's unjust, unfair and unlawful laws were not obeyed?

If everyone involved is happy there is no crime.

Now please try to find an extreme example so you can claim one of the two happy consenting adults is a victim and the other the perpetrator and show us you only want to argue. Go ahead, it is what I expect of you.

Let us say that two college kids get high and turn the stereo up and bother all their neighbors at 3am, waking them up when they have to get up and go to work the next day. Playing your stereo so loud your neighbors can hear it is a form of trespass and should be against the law because trespassing like this violates the rights of neighbors to enjoy their property.

What other lame extreme example can you dream up?
Liz

United States

#681586 Dec 31, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one cares what the mentally ill consider.
Yet your mangy carcass gets up every day to vent your cares on this forum. I think you lied.

Location hidden

#681587 Dec 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hukt-
See what you've started?
This moron also thinks you have to believe in all gods in order to be a theist.
Alan, please find the definition of theist where it says you have to believe in all gods.
Maybe I'll just take a lesson from you and just make one up.

I do not believe a theist is someone who believes in all gods. But it is good you are admitting to there being more than one because that is the start of not believing in any of them.

Location hidden

#681588 Dec 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God.
But there is more than one.

Location hidden

#681589 Dec 31, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
The isn't what Alan said.
Thank you. Smoke and mirrors is something RR is really good at.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Joe Fortuna 38,271
News America's 'recovery' is baloney -- we're actual... 9 min Les 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 10 min RiccardoFire 18,706
Play "end of the word" part 2 11 min WasteWater 1,729
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min WasteWater 104,709
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min RoSesz 641,616
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 36 min good true observa... 618,402
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 46 min good true observa... 44,391
More from around the web