Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#680582 Dec 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though Christianity is on the rise?
M'kay, pumpkin.
Is that the start of a parable about Christians turning to drugs and getting high?

Location hidden

#680583 Dec 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Words have definitions.
Coming from you that is hilarious since you insist that hate means love less.

Location hidden

#680584 Dec 27, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I've jogged up that Mount and I just think that that big Ol' Cross up there looks awesome.
Why it bothers Atheists..... I don't know....
Making up problems instead of facing the ones that actually exist I see! Do you really think the cross bothers Atheists? If so you are wrong. It is the fact that it is on government land giving the illusion that Government is supporting and endorsing religion. It is the perception that only Christ-insanity is a real religion and all non-believers are second class citizens who should pay taxes to support the symbols of your religion on what is supposed to be neutral territory.

Making up problems while avoiding the ones that exist might make you comfortable but it does nothing to make a society where people can get along because the government does not play favorites.

My taxes pay to maintain government property and I resent you forcing me to pay to maintain your religious symbols. If you want them pay for them, and the land they are on, yourself.

Location hidden

#680585 Dec 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
The only place Christianity is on the rise is in third-world countries like Uganda. Complete with with terrorism and murder in Jesus' name.
I bet you would like the USA to be just like that.
You should move to Uganda! It is a Christian paradise!
Nazi Germany was a Christian paradise too!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#680586 Dec 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
I have posted the relevant verses for all to read.
And I've explained their meaning.

Which you quietly ignored.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#680587 Dec 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside-county...
http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside-county...
"Display of a large cross such as the Mt. Rubidoux cross on public property sends a message to residents of the city that the city favors, endorses, and prefers the Christian religion over other religions, and this can make residents who are not Christians feel like they are outsiders or second class citizens in the city."
One possible solution the city may consider would be selling the land that the cross sits on, meaning people who hike up Mount Rubidoux would be on public land, but once they reached the cross, they'd be on private property.
Why is it RR that Christianity only has value when its symbols sit on Government land?
That is the FFRF's opinion, yes.

The cross stands.

We win again.

Location hidden

#680588 Dec 27, 2013
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
The United States is rapidly becoming a third world country because of the Christian cult's blatant disregard of the First Amendment.
That and the fact that our Government is filled with Christians dismantling our Republic and turning it into a Democracy. Of course Democracy will backfire on them when 51% of the population is no longer charmed by pew warming bigots. How quickly they will realize their mistake when the Democracy they love turns around and bites them on the ass.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#680589 Dec 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>To quit your job and become completely without resources would be retarded, so no. I doubt God would reward such willing stupidity.
So you don't trust your god and you can speak for it.

Got it.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#680590 Dec 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>Nazi Germany was a Christian paradise too!
It certainly was and weren't the dark ages and the crusades a wonderful looking time.

Location hidden

#680591 Dec 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So have I. Well, not jogging but walking.
RR doesn't run.
I know a few atheists here that actually like that cross, because it's been there so long it's like a monument for Riverside.
It's the militant and extremist atheists that don't like it.
If it was on private land RR you could paint it pink for all I care. Why do I have to pay for your religious symbols? Why would you ask non-believers to pay for your religion?

I pay higher taxes because your church pays none.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#680592 Dec 27, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Beer bottles and obscenities?
<inside joke>
Well it turns out Hukt that it wasn't a Satanist cult there but a Buddhist camp instead. It really made no difference though.... the car still went off the cliff.....:)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#680593 Dec 27, 2013
I'm pretty sure rr called the jesus! a retard.

Just sayin'.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#680594 Dec 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I doubt God would reward such willing stupidity.
The belief in god is "willing stupidity" and there's no reward for "willing stupidity" but it doesn't stop cowardly little shits like you from being willingly stupid.

Location hidden

#680595 Dec 27, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just talking to a guy while standing in line at the Bank today who is a member of the Inland Empire Atheists Association and they meet weekly at the Top of that same Mount.... Who would have thunk it? And they don't have a problem with the cross.
He graciously invited me to attend one of their meetings and I said I might bring a friend ....How about it RR... well both go for the food...!!! LOL!!!
That is why I used to go to church, man-o-man those baptists can cook.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#680596 Dec 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Nazi Germany was a Christian paradise too!
Ya, I'm sure the closure and destruction of Christian churches and the murder of Christians is a paradise to you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#680597 Dec 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Making up problems instead of facing the ones that actually exist I see! Do you really think the cross bothers Atheists? If so you are wrong. It is the fact that it is on government land giving the illusion that Government is supporting and endorsing religion. It is the perception that only Christ-insanity is a real religion and all non-believers are second class citizens who should pay taxes to support the symbols of your religion on what is supposed to be neutral territory.
Making up problems while avoiding the ones that exist might make you comfortable but it does nothing to make a society where people can get along because the government does not play favorites.
My taxes pay to maintain government property and I resent you forcing me to pay to maintain your religious symbols. If you want them pay for them, and the land they are on, yourself.
The cross at Rubidoux is no longer on govt land.

Deal with it.

Location hidden

#680598 Dec 27, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Your display of ignorance is astounding tonight, RR.
Tonight???

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#680599 Dec 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was on private land RR you could paint it pink for all I care. Why do I have to pay for your religious symbols? Why would you ask non-believers to pay for your religion?
I pay higher taxes because your church pays none.
It IS on private land, dumb ass.

Location hidden

#680600 Dec 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you understand that Christians in America aren't the only Christians in the world.
You too, Hukt.
On a worldwide scale, Christianity's numbers are still rising - as they've been for two thousand years.
Go ahead and believe that if it keeps you calm.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#680601 Dec 27, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't trust your god and you can speak for it.
Got it.
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Got it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min New Age Spiritual... 640,965
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min Janitor Of The LORD 618,256
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min ROCCO 37,077
Play "end of the word" part 2 15 min WasteWater 1,693
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min WasteWater 280,834
Easter Seals of Arkansas you better call F Lee ... 19 min Doctor REALITY 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 30 min WasteWater 104,540
More from around the web