Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you?...... man...... I brushed and used Listerine......
LOL! Merry Christmas Kait to you, your family and Marlow!
Molto grazie, amico! Buon Natale!!

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty much everything from anærobic bacteria on.
Look up "stromatolites", you quarter-wit.

And that christ-like love rears its ugly head again.

This is for you, asshole.

........('
.........\
*look redneck! Kait has at least one hand!*

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

This one's for waaasssuuup.

/´¯/)
,/¯..//
/....//
/´¯/'...'/
/'/.../...
('(...´(..
\.........
''...\....
\.........
\.........

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Damn! It *still* refuses to work!!

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo!
Cheers Kait, mind if I copy that?
Go ahead; it didn't work anyway.

LOL!!

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

<quoted text>
Molto grazie, amico! Buon Natale!!
Grazie amica!

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Damn! It *still* refuses to work!!
It works on the cell app and on the pc it works when you hit reply :)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

This one's for waaasssuuup.
/´¯/)
,/¯..//
/....//
/´¯/'...'/
/'/.../...
('(...´(..
\.........
''...\....
\.........
\.........
LOL

Yeah, it show up in the reply window.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
It works on the cell app and on the pc it works when you hit reply :)
Kewel!!

:-)

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Does science not accumulate knowledge? What is its purpose?
And, again, it's amazing that you try to criticize science because it's gotten things wrong in the past but gone on to correct them.
Religion has given us many, many wrongheaded ideas, some of which have had massively negative effects on the overall trajectory of human progress. The problem is, religion doesn't correct its mistakes until forced to do so by the outside world. Religion seeks to force the facts to fit the beliefs, and only acquiesces once the facts are so overwhelming that resisting them would do serious damage. And that's the best case scenario. Some religious people are dedicated to fighting with all their might to wallow in ignorance - take young earth creationists, for instance. They see science as an existential threat, so instead of accommodating it, an entire cultural movement (along with its own cottage industries) has been established solely to rail against established science. They go inwards and backwards, straining to return to a time when nothing threatened their beliefs. Viewed in general, YECs and similar groups can be seen as an instance of hive minded, cultural cognitive dissonance - there are two "competing" ideas in the cultural consciousness, this is too uncomfortable for YECs to bear, so they convince themselves that their idea is right in spite of the evidence.
I really enjoy quoting the Bible where it gives us these "wrongheaded" ideas because the biblicists would really like to pretend that they do not exist, and when they are right here in front of us it becomes much more difficult for them to lie to us.

Matt. 4:8, NLT "Next the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory."

The only way that would be remotely possible would be if the earth was flat. Even from the moon you can, at best, see half the earth and its countries, certainly not "all" of them. Yet God would have us believe that from the top of a very high mountain one can see "all" of the kingdoms of the earth.

Biblicists often claim that the Bible does not say the earth is flat but what else could someone reading Matt. 4:8 believe the earth to be but flat? If it was round or globe like it would be silly to think you could see the other side from the top of a high mountain.

If biblicists had an honest bone in their body we could all go home now.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty much everything from anærobic bacteria on.
Look up "stromatolites", you quarter-wit.
"quarter-wit" now that's funny!!!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>If you could experience it, and you could distinguish this experience from other spiritual experiences in a testable, repeatable way, you would have decent evidence. So, basically, you don't experience god in any meaningful way if your experience is indistinguishable from a schizophrenic person. To you, personally, it is meaningful, but there is no way for you to know you are experiencing god, so it is unreasonable for you to suggest that you can experience him, her, it, etc.
Unreasonable is something RR is really good at.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Anything would be nice.
Also, I can't prove there aren't unicorns. Also, it is disingenuous to assert that god made it impossible to prove his existence on purpose, but at the same time we could probably prove his existence with the right technology, a la radio waves. Also also, the comparison to gravity, air, etc doesn't work, because we can definitively detect and model their effects, make predictions based on our knowledge of how they work, etc. Can't do that with god. The attempts made at detecting god via prayer (which, according to the bible, is a guaranteed way of communicating with god) have all come up short. I suppose god intentionally ignores prayers our of spite if the people praying are doing it for a prayer study though. "You're trying to determine if prayers work? Ha! Heart surgery complications for you!" Lol.
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened"--Matt. 7:7-8, Luke 11:9-10;

"Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you"--John 16:23;

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive"Matt. 21:22.

John 14:13-14 NIV, "And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Mark 11:24 (KJV), "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

In order to counteract the patent inaccuracy of these premises, apologists seek modification through James 4:3 and 1 John 5:14. The former says, "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask remiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts."

In other words, the reason the prayers of the sick, the old, the infirm, the afflicted, etc. have not been answered is because they were based on lust, greed and other selfish motives. It's hard to believe even hardened apologists really believe this. On the other hand, 1 John 5:14 ("...if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us") represents a more subtle ploy. Prayers are not answered because they do not comply with God's will. The problems with this explanation are:•(a) the earlier verses said nothing about God's will or the need to fulfill His desires, and
•(b) judging from many prayers which people feel were answered, one can't help but question God's morality. Praying, for example, that one's relative will die in order to inherit his wealth and having your wish materialize, does not speak well for God.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>RR believes that all knowledge systems must be complete from the beginning. Any alterations made over time invalidate them completely. He ignores this rule when it comes to religion.
RR also says he believes and follows the Bible and Jesus. Then when I mention he beats his children because he hates them he gets mad at me. All I am doing is taking him at his word.

This is why he hates his wive and children:

Jesus: Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.”

And this is how he treats his children:

Punishment of children is one thing; child abuse is another. And, unfortunately, many biblical verses can be easily used to justify the former by means of the latter:
Prov. 23:13-14 ("Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell"),
Prov. 22:15 RSV ("Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him"),
Prov. 20:30 RSV ("Blows that wound cleanse away evil; strokes make clean the innermost parts"),
Prov. 13:24 RSV ("He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him"),
Prov. 19:19 ("Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying"),
Prov. 29:15 ("Thy rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother"),
Prov. 26:3 ("A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back <children are often foolish>"), and
Deut. 21:18-21 ("If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son, who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they chastise him, will not give heed to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city...and they shall say to the elders of his city,'This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard. Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall purge the evil from the midst").

And, then, there are those verses which demean and degrade children by looking upon them as little more than beings to be punished for the misdeeds of others:

Ex. 20:5 ("I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me"),
Lev. 26:22 ("I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children...."),
Hosea 13:16 ("Samaria shall become desolate: for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword; their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up"), and
Isa. 13:16-18 ("Their infants will be dashed in pieces before their eyes; their houses will be plundered and their wives ravished.... Their bows will slaughter the young men; they will have no mercy on the first of the womb; their eyes will not pity children").

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, because it was an atheist cult that dropped the bombs on japan. Good christians would never do anything bad.
It is because of these "good" Christians that America has lost its Republic and been changed into a Democracy. It was the only way that Christians could get Christ-insanity established as the religion of the nation.

Because Government is in charge of public "education" few people know the difference today between a Republic and a Democracy.

In a democracy it is majority rule. One day it is legal to drink wine with dinner and the next day it is not. Then when organized crime rules the land, it becomes legal to drink alcohol again. In a republic you own yourself and it is the responsibility of the Government to protect your right to drink alcohol should you wish to do so. By allowing Christians to run for public office we have allowed them to destroy our Republic with self ownership of the individual and replace it with mob rule, the tyranny of the majority. In a Republic you own yourself and are responsible for yourself, in a Democracy 51% of the population owns you and makes rules you must obey or go to prison.

We can not trust Christians with a Republic from of Government because they destroy all that is good in the world and in America. When you let Christians be in charge they immediately start destroying every thing that is good and replacing it with an abomination; voting on the rights of others.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never blathered.
And I don't pray to the sky.
Try again, buckwheat.
Regardless of who you pray to where is the evidence that prayer works? All the evidence I have seen is that nothing fails like prayer. We all know prayer fails so why can't you admit to the truth?

What do you get from insisting upon things that are just silly?
YTube

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Judged:

The Day the Lord showed me ANTICHRIST -----

http://youtu.be/jnTwx5LprHI

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There it is, indeed. Because it's the atheists who tell everyone to believe in something or suffer hellfire; it's the atheists who viciously cling to outdated modes of thought; it's the atheists who try to enforce their way of life and morality on everyone by campaigning against civil rights for all; and it's the atheists who insist that our children grow up learning about things for which there is no evidence, like ID.
" ...who try to enforce their way of life and morality on everyone by campaigning against civil rights for all;...."

That is a very important point because the Christians have been very successful at destroying our Republic and replacing it with a Democracy where they can exercise their majority rule. However now that these Christ-insanity-ists are no longer in the majority on many social issues they are going to want a return to a Republic and insist the Government obey the Constitution instead of violating it.

The most important thing to do is to get all the Christians out of public education, not only because they want to teach ID but because they want to teach Democracy and pretend it is our form of Government; it is not!

Does anyone here know the difference between a Republic and a Democracy? If you do you did not learn it in the government run schools that Christians are a part of.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Science is not an entity IN and OF itself, but a continuous pooling of concepts that constantly change as time "passes". Science is no threat to belief, as science relies on the belief of "scientists" that their equations will work to explain their hypotheses. Belief continues on in the "hope" that a new, altered equation will work to explain reality. Funny how reality relies on belief and hope, hmm? Once upon a time, a man with no microscope believed in the existence of atoms. What a fool among so many geniuses who relied only upon what their eyes could see.
xD
xD
Any book claiming a woman turned into a pillar of salt (Gen. 19:26), the sun went backward 10 degrees on the sundial (2 Kings 20:11), and quails came from the sea (Num. 11:31) is going to have great difficulty demonstrating its scientific precision to any reasonably scientific mind.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're agnostic.
Congratulations.
Atheists have no beliefs, remember?
You are not a Christian because real and true Christians™ have sold all their possessions, given the money to the poor and are following Jesus.

Real Christians hate their children and you claim you do not hate yours.

And to destroy any credibility you might have had cupcake you do not understand what the word Atheist means.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 644,921 - 644,940 of716,977
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

463 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Chess 530,289
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 5 min Awesome dr Shrink 32,906
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 6 min andet1987 1,485
Ceasar, the leader ape, will be the next Oscar ... 8 min andet1987 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min Awesome dr Shrink 598,789
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min An NFL Fan 171,501
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min Pegasus 255,744
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 44 min waleed sadat 114,665
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr SimmerExtreme 64
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••