Prove there's a god.

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#680510 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
So *you* determine what your omnipotent "god" can and cannot do.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No, ma'am.
The Bible does.
The bible didn't make the claim; you did.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Another debate on what RR didn't say?
Well, if you'd quit changing your story.....
RiversideRedneck wrote:
This is getting tiresome.
The Bible tells what God can't do, not me.
Which version of the mis-translated "infallible words of god" are you refering to?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#680511 Dec 26, 2013
<quoted text>
You can't prove what clouds are made of?*I* can!
But then, I also studied science back in the 7th and 8th grades.
I wuz wunnerin' the same thing.

Around here, one can climb a small mountain most any summer morning and stand in a cloud... and know what it's made of pretty quick.

It's wadda!

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#680512 Dec 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Jesus says nothing is impossible for God, St. Paul says it is impossible for God to lie.
Which is the truth RR?
Jesus--"With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible" (Matt. 19:26)
versus
Paul--"it was impossible for God to lie...." (Heb. 6:18).
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your objection confuses God's nature versus His power to do something.
I know you don't understand, your mind is too warped to.
You are obviously suffering from a disconnect from reality when you read the words that are printed in front of you and you choose to derive an opposing message from them.

"....with God all things are possible..." ALL THINGS---including an ability to lie.

"...it is **IMPOSSIBLE** for God do lie..."

So, you accept as fact two coflicting statements.

Don't try to think, RR; you're not too good at it. It's better if you just clutch your bible and leave the thread. Save yourself any more embarrassment.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#680513 Dec 26, 2013
His masters and his pastor never showed him all *that* from the buybull. If they turn away from it, close their eyes to it, and refuse to recognize it, then for them it simply does not exist.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
His pastors never lied to him,
Your pastor is a liar.

To quote you, "You're stupid enough to believe him. That's quit telling."

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#680514 Dec 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That IS the problem with most theists.
They do not have enough faith to accept the truth.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If they had any faith in their beliefs they would not need to resort to insults and other trolling to make it appear that they have a legitimate answer. The truth is still the truth whether or not they chose to accept it. I can find a lot more problems with theists. Should we start a list? LOL!
If they had any faith, they wouldn't need to resort to fear and coercion in an attempt to win converts. I pity the poor children they mentally molest with such hateful tales of devils, demons, and burning forever in lakes of fire.

God damn bastards!

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#680515 Dec 26, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You would if my beliefs affected your way of life.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your beliefs already do affect my way of life.
Now you're obligated to explain how.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text> But you don't see me trying to stop you from your beliefs...
We see you denying the truth and reality.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#680516 Dec 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I wuz wunnerin' the same thing.
Around here, one can climb a small mountain most any summer morning and stand in a cloud... and know what it's made of pretty quick.
It's wadda!
RR will probably claim that "fog" and "clouds" are completely different things because they are different words. He will then invent some daffynitions to "prove" he is right.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#680518 Dec 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
RR will probably claim that "fog" and "clouds" are completely different things because they are different words. He will then invent some daffynitions to "prove" he is right.
Yer prolly correct.

I'd say one's elevation and perspective relative to the nebulous, wispy, condensing vapor, fluid thingies makes all the difference as far as words go.

Makes no difference to the wadda!

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#680519 Dec 26, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>They do? In what way does my disbelief in a god affect your life? Does it compare to the ways in which religious belief *actually* affect people's lives. Have you ever been denied the ability to marry because of a massive campaign ran by atheists? Have you ever lived in a society where it is considered socially acceptable for the president to call you subhuman?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not you personally, but atheists fight tooth and nail to get Christianity removed from everything they can.
That affects my life.
Must I go into detail?
You're a liar, and you know it.

Atheists do not "fight tooth and nail" to get your religion removed from everything; they just don't want your religion supported by our government and our tax dollars. It is people like YOU who are fighting to impose your religion on the rest of us via the legislature.

Removing the ten commandments from a government office does not affect your life. Removing a nativity scene from a tax-supported city hall does not affect your life.

Just shut the fuck up, you fucking liar.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#680520 Dec 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
What is it Christianity can't do that any other religion in the USA can do ?
Go!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fly planes into buildings...
Are you saying you want to fly a plane into a building?

Or are you saying non-christians are *allowed* to fly planes into buildings, while christians are not?

I don't know if your hatred outweighs your stupidity, or if your stupidity outweighs your hatred.

Jesus, you're stupid.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#680521 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
.......Bullshit. Atheist movements like FFRF are hell-bent on removing Christianity.....
<quoted text>.
Removed from what?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#680522 Dec 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
What is it Christianity can't do that any other religion in the USA can do ?
Go!
<quoted text>
Are you saying you want to fly a plane into a building?
Or are you saying non-christians are *allowed* to fly planes into buildings, while christians are not?
I don't know if your hatred outweighs your stupidity, or if your stupidity outweighs your hatred.
Jesus, you're stupid.
Ha!

I didn't look at that way either!

Ya stinker, you!

=)

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#680523 Dec 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:

Then your "way of life" was preserved.
It's private land now.
Sounds like an equitable arrangement was made.
Stop whining. <end quote>
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you'd like it if all of us Christians just shut up and let you atheists tear down what we've been building for 2,000 years.
Ain't gonna happen.
You want to force your religion onto the rest of us; understood.

Hukt on Fonix wrote: Didn't call you an atheist, per se.
You're only one kind of theist.<end quote>
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>
Stupid, there's only one kind of theist, a theist.
Wrong, stupid.

Monotheism, polytheism, pantheism, just to name three.

You don’t get out much, do you? You don't read much, either, do you?

You love your little bubble of intellectual and spiritual isolationism, don't you?

Man, that's sad.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#680524 Dec 26, 2013
Gonna go back and give you a funny.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#680525 Dec 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
I just returned from a walk in the woods... national forest... public land.
On the trip down to the trail head, one notices several small signs attached to roadside trees... y'all know the sort... tidbits of what "God" wants and what Jesus can do for ya and how real Hell is and this or that Bible verse, like "John 3:16" or something pleasant from Revelations.
I'm considering conducting an experiment...
I'll hang a few of my own... things like "Psalms 137:9" and "1 Peter 2:18".
Any suggestions? Not gonna go overboard... let's say 5 small plank-signs.
We can start a pool to see who can guess the date they each get knocked down.
Alan... whadaya think?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course we'd take them down.
Your respect for free speech is duly noted.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>We understand that ignorant atheists cherry pick Scripture.
We wouldn't want you to represent atheists, now would we?
They're more educated than you are. And if you want to see a scriptural cherry picker, go look in the mirror.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#680526 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you'd like it if all of us Christians just shut up and let you atheists tear down what we've been building for 2,000 years.
Ain't gonna happen.
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
We can stand aside and just LET it happen.
Your religion's tearing itself apart... there's NO denying it anymore.
<quoted text>
You're terribly...
...terribly, terribly, terribly, terribly...
...wrong about that.
Topix's own duck dynasty redneck says there's only one kind of theism, and then he calls *other* people ignorant?

LMAO!!!

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#680527 Dec 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
We can stand aside and just LET it happen.
Your religion's tearing itself apart... there's NO denying it anymore.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though Christianity is on the rise?
M'kay, pumpkin.
Whose propaganda have *YOU* been reading??

LMFAO!!!!!

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#680528 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That cross has been there since 1906. It's a landmark for the people of Riverside. Well, all except for a few whining atheists.
It was not removed. The public land was auctioned off and a Christian man bought it and kept the cross there.
<quoted text>
By calling a Christian an atheist.
By calling anyone an atheist because they don't believe in all gods ever thought up.
<quoted text>
One.
God.
<quoted text>
What are you talking about?
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I've jogged up that Mount and I just think that that big Ol' Cross up there looks awesome.
Why it bothers Atheists..... I don't know....
Because it was on public land, paid for by taxes in violation of the First Amendment.

Some people equate it to an electric chair, others to a noose.

Cruicifixion was the preferred method of execution in ancient Rome.

Y'know what'd be cool? If symbols of *all* different religions were constructed there. But somehow I think there would be some loudmouthed funies like Fred Phelps, Pat Robertson and others of that ilk who would shit themselves blind.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#680529 Dec 26, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
I've jogged up that Mount and I just think that that big Ol' Cross up there looks awesome.
Why it bothers Atheists..... I don't know....
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So have I. Well, not jogging but walking.
RR doesn't run.
You get winded easily, don't you? Lay off the bacon and eggs.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I know a few atheists here that actually like that cross, because it's been there so long it's like a monument for Riverside.
It's the militant and extremist atheists that don't like it.
How would you feel if someone put up a giant pentacle? I'll bet you'd tear it down.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#680530 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
K
Monotheism
Main article: Monotheism
Monotheism (from Greek &#956;&#972;&#957; &#959;&#962;) is the belief in theology that only one deity exists.[12] Some modern day monotheistic religions include Zoroastrianism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Baha'i Faith, Sikhism, Eckankar and some forms of Hinduism.
Polytheism
Main article: Polytheism
Polytheism is the belief that there is more than one deity.[13] In practice, polytheism is not just the belief that there are multiple gods; it usually includes belief in the existence of a specific pantheon of distinct deities.
Within polytheism there are hard and soft varieties:
Hard polytheism views the gods as being distinct and separate beings; an example of this would be the Egyptian and Greek Religions; along with certain schools of Hinduism.
Soft polytheism views the gods as being subsumed into a greater whole. Some forms of Hinduism such as Smartism/Advaita Vedanta serve as examples of soft polytheism.
Polytheism is also divided according to how the individual deities are regarded:
Henotheism: The viewpoint/belief that there may be more than one deity, but only one of them is worshipped.
Kathenotheism: The viewpoint/belief that there is more than one deity, but only one deity is worshipped at a time or ever, and another may be worthy of worship at another time or place. If they are worshipped one at a time, then each is supreme in turn.
Monolatrism: The belief that there may be more than one deity, but that only one is worthy of being worshipped. Most of the modern monotheistic religions may have begun as monolatric ones, although this is disputed.
Pantheism and panentheism
Main articles: Pantheism and Panentheism
Pantheism: The belief that the physical universe is equivalent to a god or gods, and that there is no division between a Creator and the substance of its creation.[14] Examples include many forms of Saivism.
Panentheism: Like Pantheism, the belief that the physical universe is joined to a god or gods. However, it also believes that a god or gods are greater than the material universe. Examples include most forms of Vaishnavism.
Some people find the distinction between these two beliefs as ambiguous and unhelpful, while others see it as a significant point of division.[15]
Deism
Main article: Deism
Deism is the belief that at least one deity exists and created the world, but that the creator(s) does/do not alter the original plan for the universe.[16]
Deism typically rejects supernatural events (such as prophecies, miracles, and divine revelations) prominent in organized religion. Instead, Deism holds that religious beliefs must be founded on human reason and observed features of the natural world, and that these sources reveal the existence of a supreme being as creator.[17]
Pandeism: The belief that a god preceded the universe and created it, but is now equivalent with it.
Panendeism combines deism with panentheism, believing the universe is a part (but not the whole) of deity
Polydeism: The belief that multiple gods existed, but do not intervene with the universe......
First you said there's only one kind of theism, and then you copied and pasted all *that.*

You really are in the habit of contradicting yourself, just for the sake of arguing.

Are you now going to deny that you stated there's only one kind of theism?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min -Mr Mxyzptlk- 56,469
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min X Pendable 182,996
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min confrinting with ... 650,847
Sex with demon possessed doll (Jun '15) 11 min Noname 69
Is Satan behind mixed-race relationships? 14 min Noname 8
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 16 min UnderstandPeople 217
I want a sugar daddy! (May '12) 58 min danny london 118
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Toby 106,105
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Nacked Truth 45,015
More from around the web