LOL!

Nahhh!!! You're just joshin'!

Cut it out, man... ya crazy, funny guy!
thewordofme

Tucson, AZ

#680493 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though Christianity is on the rise?
M'kay, pumpkin.
Some denominational sects (evangelical fundamentalists) are experiencing growth, but overall Christianity is shrinking, as evidenced by the growth of non/believers/unchurched in the US

"Pew surveys in recent years show a steady increase in the number of Americans who do not identify with any religion. As of 2012, about one-fifth of the public -- and a third of adults under age 30 -- had no affiliation with a religion, according to Pew.

Two-thirds of Americans, both religious and non-religious, say religion is losing influence in people's lives across the nation, Pew research shows."
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013...
cxv_of_americans_believe_exod. html

I think the fundies are drawing from the mainline Protestants for members, but then so are the atheists/unaffiliated. Interesting things going on in the religious field.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#680494 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious, what does your WordWebPro say?
Your display of ignorance is astounding tonight, RR.

'Tis postseason restlessness, I guess.

What does the Wikipedia page YOU LINKED TO say?

If you'd scrolled down a little, you'd know.

Here, I'll try to do it for you...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theism#Types

If that didn't work, then...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theist

...and scroll down to where it says "Types".

As was mentioned by me and ignored by you...

...there's more than one type of theist.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#680495 Dec 26, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Some denominational sects (evangelical fundamentalists) are experiencing growth, but overall Christianity is shrinking, as evidenced by the growth of non/believers/unchurched in the US
"Pew surveys in recent years show a steady increase in the number of Americans who do not identify with any religion. As of 2012, about one-fifth of the public -- and a third of adults under age 30 -- had no affiliation with a religion, according to Pew.
Two-thirds of Americans, both religious and non-religious, say religion is losing influence in people's lives across the nation, Pew research shows."
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013...
cxv_of_americans_believe_exod. html
I think the fundies are drawing from the mainline Protestants for members, but then so are the atheists/unaffiliated. Interesting things going on in the religious field.
I hope you understand that Christians in America aren't the only Christians in the world.

You too, Hukt.

On a worldwide scale, Christianity's numbers are still rising - as they've been for two thousand years.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#680496 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you understand that Christians in America aren't the only Christians in the world.
You too, Hukt.
On a worldwide scale, Christianity's numbers are still rising - as they've been for two thousand years.
You're free to believe that.

Numbers are rising across the board... worldwide. Earth's population issues, literacy, and the availability of instant communication is killing your religion.

I have no idea, really... but, according to the grapevine...

1> Catholics outnumber all other Christian denominations combined.

...and...

2> Muslims now outnumber Catholics.

What does that mean?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#680497 Dec 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
If that didn't work, then...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theist
...and scroll down to where it says "Types".
K

Monotheism
Main article: Monotheism
Monotheism (from Greek &#956;&#972;&#957; &#959;&#962;) is the belief in theology that only one deity exists.[12] Some modern day monotheistic religions include Zoroastrianism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Baha'i Faith, Sikhism, Eckankar and some forms of Hinduism.

Polytheism
Main article: Polytheism
Polytheism is the belief that there is more than one deity.[13] In practice, polytheism is not just the belief that there are multiple gods; it usually includes belief in the existence of a specific pantheon of distinct deities.

Within polytheism there are hard and soft varieties:

Hard polytheism views the gods as being distinct and separate beings; an example of this would be the Egyptian and Greek Religions; along with certain schools of Hinduism.
Soft polytheism views the gods as being subsumed into a greater whole. Some forms of Hinduism such as Smartism/Advaita Vedanta serve as examples of soft polytheism.
Polytheism is also divided according to how the individual deities are regarded:

Henotheism: The viewpoint/belief that there may be more than one deity, but only one of them is worshipped.
Kathenotheism: The viewpoint/belief that there is more than one deity, but only one deity is worshipped at a time or ever, and another may be worthy of worship at another time or place. If they are worshipped one at a time, then each is supreme in turn.
Monolatrism: The belief that there may be more than one deity, but that only one is worthy of being worshipped. Most of the modern monotheistic religions may have begun as monolatric ones, although this is disputed.
Pantheism and panentheism
Main articles: Pantheism and Panentheism
Pantheism: The belief that the physical universe is equivalent to a god or gods, and that there is no division between a Creator and the substance of its creation.[14] Examples include many forms of Saivism.
Panentheism: Like Pantheism, the belief that the physical universe is joined to a god or gods. However, it also believes that a god or gods are greater than the material universe. Examples include most forms of Vaishnavism.
Some people find the distinction between these two beliefs as ambiguous and unhelpful, while others see it as a significant point of division.[15]

Deism
Main article: Deism
Deism is the belief that at least one deity exists and created the world, but that the creator(s) does/do not alter the original plan for the universe.[16]
Deism typically rejects supernatural events (such as prophecies, miracles, and divine revelations) prominent in organized religion. Instead, Deism holds that religious beliefs must be founded on human reason and observed features of the natural world, and that these sources reveal the existence of a supreme being as creator.[17]

Pandeism: The belief that a god preceded the universe and created it, but is now equivalent with it.
Panendeism combines deism with panentheism, believing the universe is a part (but not the whole) of deity
Polydeism: The belief that multiple gods existed, but do not intervene with the universe.
Autotheism
Main article: Apotheosis
Autotheism is the viewpoint that, whether divinity is also external or not, it is inherently within 'oneself' and that one has a duty to become perfect (or divine). This can be in a selfless way, a way following the implications of statements attributed to ethical, philosophical, and religious leaders (such as Jesus[18][19] and Mahavira[citation needed]).

Autotheism can also refer to the belief that one's self is a deity (often the only one), within the context of subjectivism. This is a fairly extreme version of subjectivism, however.

Value-judgment theisms
Eutheism is the belief that a deity is wholly benevolent.

Not one of them suggest that if you don't believe in all gods then you are partially atheist.

You lose.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#680499 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You lose.
Nahhh!

There's more than one type of theist.

Ahhh!

I see!

That how you explain The Trinity in a manner making it consistent with monotheism.

You're, both, polytheist and monotheist... because there's only one type type of theist!

Well done, RR!!!

<applaud>

Got it... You're three bananas shy of a bunch.

BTW... did I mention?...

There's more than one type of theist.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#680501 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
K
Monotheism
Main article: Monotheism
Monotheism (from Greek &#956;&#972;&#957; &#959;&#962;) is the belief in theology that only one deity exists.[12] Some modern day monotheistic religions include Zoroastrianism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Baha'i Faith, Sikhism, Eckankar and some forms of Hinduism.
Polytheism
Main article: Polytheism
Polytheism is the belief that there is more than one deity.[13] In practice, polytheism is not just the belief that there are multiple gods; it usually includes belief in the existence of a specific pantheon of distinct deities.
Within polytheism there are hard and soft varieties:
Hard polytheism views the gods as being distinct and separate beings; an example of this would be the Egyptian and Greek Religions; along with certain schools of Hinduism.
Soft polytheism views the gods as being subsumed into a greater whole. Some forms of Hinduism such as Smartism/Advaita Vedanta serve as examples of soft polytheism.
Polytheism is also divided according to how the individual deities are regarded:
Henotheism: The viewpoint/belief that there may be more than one deity, but only one of them is worshipped.
Kathenotheism: The viewpoint/belief that there is more than one deity, but only one deity is worshipped at a time or ever, and another may be worthy of worship at another time or place. If they are worshipped one at a time, then each is supreme in turn.
Monolatrism: The belief that there may be more than one deity, but that only one is worthy of being worshipped. Most of the modern monotheistic religions may have begun as monolatric ones, although this is disputed.
Pantheism and panentheism
Main articles: Pantheism and Panentheism
Pantheism: The belief that the physical universe is equivalent to a god or gods, and that there is no division between a Creator and the substance of its creation.[14] Examples include many forms of Saivism.
Panentheism: Like Pantheism, the belief that the physical universe is joined to a god or gods. However, it also believes that a god or gods are greater than the material universe. Examples include most forms of Vaishnavism.
Some people find the distinction between these two beliefs as ambiguous and unhelpful, while others see it as a significant point of division.[15]
Deism
Main article: Deism
Deism is the belief that at least one deity exists and created the world, but that the creator(s) does/do not alter the original plan for the universe.[16]
Deism typically rejects supernatural events (such as prophecies, miracles, and divine revelations) prominent in organized religion. Instead, Deism holds that religious beliefs must be founded on human reason and observed features of the natural world, and that these sources reveal the existence of a supreme being as creator.[17]
Pandeism: The belief that a god preceded the universe and created it, but is now equivalent with it.
Panendeism combines deism with panentheism, believing the universe is a part (but not the whole) of deity
Polydeism: The belief that multiple gods existed, but do not intervene with the universe.
Autotheism
Main article: Apotheosis
Autotheism is the viewpoint that, whether divinity is also external or not, it is inherently within 'oneself' and that one has a duty to become perfect (or divine). This can be in a selfless way, a way following the implications of statements attributed to ethical, philosophical, and religious leaders (such as Jesus[18][19] and Mahavira[citation needed]).
Autotheism can also refer to the belief that one's self is a deity (often the only one), within the context of subjectivism. This is a fairly extreme version of subjectivism, however.
Value-judgment theisms
Eutheism is the belief that a deity is wholly benevolent.
Not one of them suggest that if you don't believe in all gods then you are partially atheist.
You lose.
I can cure what ever ism you have.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#680503 Dec 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
I can cure what ever ism you have.
There's no cure for ignorance by choice. RicersideRedneck's life ambition is to be a world class imbecile and he's accomplished his goal.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#680504 Dec 26, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's because it gets bad press from some on the far Christian right that think it's about Sex, STD's or some sort of Pagan ritual. A quote from Christwire states that its a "meth laced lollipop lickers, dancing to Satanic drum beats, while semen demons and devil whores dance in sexual gyrations ... " Whoa!!! I wouldn't go that far.... I think it would be cool to attend one once and cross it off my bucket list....
Yeah, like i said both sides' extremist can get nutty. I have no problem with religious displays or festivals on private lands. I just don't want my taxes paying for it. It is also why I believe ALL religious organizations should pay property and income taxes. Just my POV.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#680505 Dec 26, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's because it gets bad press from some on the far Christian right that think it's about Sex, STD's or some sort of Pagan ritual. A quote from Christwire states that its a "meth laced lollipop lickers, dancing to Satanic drum beats, while semen demons and devil whores dance in sexual gyrations ... " Whoa!!! I wouldn't go that far.... I think it would be cool to attend one once and cross it off my bucket list....
Beer bottles and obscenities?

<inside joke>

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#680506 Dec 26, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
You have to prove there *is* a god.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't.
If you are going to continue imposing it on us, you are obligated to prove it.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#680507 Dec 26, 2013
If it's a Federal law, it sure as hell does.
The Post Office--a governmental agency--is closed on christmas; therefore....
Church/State violation.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
By making Christmas a federal holiday, the government is not making a national religion.
So no, it doesn't violate the 1st Amendment.
By recognizing one religion above all others, is in violation of the First Amendment.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..." "Christmas" is an establishment of religion.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#680508 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I can't prove God.[QUOTE]

Then stop telling us that it's real, and that the proof is in believing in it.

[QUOTE who="RiversideRedneck "] I also can't prove what clouds are made of.
I guess that means clouds don't exist, either.
Because RR can't prove em.
You can't prove what clouds are made of?*I* can!

But then, I also studied science back in the 7th and 8th grades.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#680509 Dec 26, 2013
Three *separate* things, as you just called them, cannot be one thing.
How is he his own father?
How is he his own son?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"father" and "son" are not literal concepts in the Trinity.
Yes they are. Your desperate denials are irrelevant.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>They aren't "three separate things".
Yes, they are.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>They are God, one thing.
So in your universe, 1+1+1=1, whenever it's convenient for you.

O-tay!

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#680510 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
So *you* determine what your omnipotent "god" can and cannot do.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No, ma'am.
The Bible does.
The bible didn't make the claim; you did.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Another debate on what RR didn't say?
Well, if you'd quit changing your story.....
RiversideRedneck wrote:
This is getting tiresome.
The Bible tells what God can't do, not me.
Which version of the mis-translated "infallible words of god" are you refering to?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#680511 Dec 26, 2013
<quoted text>
You can't prove what clouds are made of?*I* can!
But then, I also studied science back in the 7th and 8th grades.
I wuz wunnerin' the same thing.

Around here, one can climb a small mountain most any summer morning and stand in a cloud... and know what it's made of pretty quick.

It's wadda!

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#680512 Dec 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Jesus says nothing is impossible for God, St. Paul says it is impossible for God to lie.
Which is the truth RR?
Jesus--"With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible" (Matt. 19:26)
versus
Paul--"it was impossible for God to lie...." (Heb. 6:18).
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your objection confuses God's nature versus His power to do something.
I know you don't understand, your mind is too warped to.
You are obviously suffering from a disconnect from reality when you read the words that are printed in front of you and you choose to derive an opposing message from them.

"....with God all things are possible..." ALL THINGS---including an ability to lie.

"...it is **IMPOSSIBLE** for God do lie..."

So, you accept as fact two coflicting statements.

Don't try to think, RR; you're not too good at it. It's better if you just clutch your bible and leave the thread. Save yourself any more embarrassment.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#680513 Dec 26, 2013
His masters and his pastor never showed him all *that* from the buybull. If they turn away from it, close their eyes to it, and refuse to recognize it, then for them it simply does not exist.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
His pastors never lied to him,
Your pastor is a liar.

To quote you, "You're stupid enough to believe him. That's quit telling."

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#680514 Dec 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That IS the problem with most theists.
They do not have enough faith to accept the truth.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If they had any faith in their beliefs they would not need to resort to insults and other trolling to make it appear that they have a legitimate answer. The truth is still the truth whether or not they chose to accept it. I can find a lot more problems with theists. Should we start a list? LOL!
If they had any faith, they wouldn't need to resort to fear and coercion in an attempt to win converts. I pity the poor children they mentally molest with such hateful tales of devils, demons, and burning forever in lakes of fire.

God damn bastards!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 92,942
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 183,688
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min kent 668,054
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 22 min Das 87
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 46,048
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 619,241
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 286,113
More from around the web