Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#680424 Dec 26, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You would if my beliefs affected your way of life.
Good point!!!

Location hidden

#680425 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't ordering anything, it's telling a story about a people that were so starved they resorted to cannibalism instead of turning to God.
"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat" (Lev. 26:29) and
"I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend...." (Jer. 19:9) and
"I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh, and they shall be drunk with their own blood as with wine" (Isa. 49:26 RSV) and
"Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in the midst of you, and sons shall eat their fathers...." (Ezek. 5:10).

"And ye shall," isn't an order? You would have had a lot of fun in the military.

Location hidden

#680426 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
An agnostic person to someone who thinks that nothing is known or can be known about God.
I am not agnostic.
And you are not a Christian either RR. You claim you hate your wife and beat your children and then you claim you don't.

The Bible is not multiple choice RR. And that is one of the many reasons why you are not a Christian.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#680427 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your beliefs already do affect my way of life.
How?
But you don't see me trying to stop you from your beliefs.
Why do you want to?
You see, I'm not an atheist.
In a way, you are.

Actually... in many, many ways.

You claim to be a monotheist.

If you are, then you MUST be a poly-atheist.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#680428 Dec 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay... if you say so.
You kinda aimed that accusation at me a few times as well. I certainly never made the claim.
It just occurred to me...
You've admonished people for "blindly" accepting what scientists say about this and about that.
When you were asked to state what it is that makes you think DNA exists, you said that you believe the people that study DNA... and that's it... that's all you said.
Why do you blindly accept what scientists say about DNA?
I don't blindly accept it.

Do you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#680429 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

It isn't ordering anything, it's telling a story about a people that were so starved they resorted to cannibalism instead of turning to God.
Reverend Alan wrote:
"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat" (Lev. 26:29) and
"I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend...." (Jer. 19:9) and
"I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh, and they shall be drunk with their own blood as with wine" (Isa. 49:26 RSV) and
"Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in the midst of you, and sons shall eat their fathers...." (Ezek. 5:10).
"And ye shall," isn't an order? You would have had a lot of fun in the military.
We were talking about 2 Kings 6:28-29. You know, the verse you brought up and continually try to avoid?

There is no "ye shall" in 2 Kings 6:28-29.

Focus, dipshit. Focus. you won't ever understand the teaches of the Bible if you just randomly post verses without first understanding them.

2 Kings 6:28-29

Focus.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#680430 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blindly accept it.
What makes you think others blindly accept what scientists say?

If you don't blindly accept the experts' claims, then explain in what manner you do accept their claims.
Do you?
Again, RR... you brought up DNA.

You cannot fathom the immensity of the f_ck I do not give about DNA.

DNA has no bearing on the fact there's no proof of any god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#680431 Dec 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
" ...who try to enforce their way of life and morality on everyone by campaigning against civil rights for all;...."
That is a very important point because the Christians have been very successful at destroying our Republic and replacing it with a Democracy where they can exercise their majority rule. However now that these Christ-insanity-ists are no longer in the majority on many social issues they are going to want a return to a Republic and insist the Government obey the Constitution instead of violating it.
The most important thing to do is to get all the Christians out of public education, not only because they want to teach ID but because they want to teach Democracy and pretend it is our form of Government; it is not!
Does anyone here know the difference between a Republic and a Democracy? If you do you did not learn it in the government run schools that Christians are a part of.
Good point. In my experience most people think that american was founded as a democracy.

Location hidden

#680432 Dec 26, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
science is "the" methodology, not the accumulated hypothesis/theories.
Yes.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#680433 Dec 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
How?
One good example is the FFRF trying to have a cross removed in my hometown.
Why do you want to?

I don't want to, I didn't say that I do.
In a way, you are.
Actually... in many, many ways.
You claim to be a monotheist.
If you are, then you MUST be a poly-atheist.
Oh, Lord....

Another stupid ass atheist thinking he gets to make up definitions of established words.

Please tell me, what part of the definition of theist says you have to believe in all gods?

Also, tell me how a person can be atheist and theist at the same time.

Thanks in advance.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#680434 Dec 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Have you beat your children today like the Bible instructs?
The Bible doesn't instruct that.

Like God doesn't command cannibalism, as I've shown you.

Will you listen?

Hell no you won't.

Location hidden

#680435 Dec 26, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
deserves a repeat
Thanks.

Location hidden

#680437 Dec 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Chance...luck...coinci dence...it's all the same to me...
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coincidence" ;
...some is luck is more coincidence, some less...
Have you heard my "lucky" bird poop story yet?
xD
I believe I have, although I don't know if I would classify that as lucky myself, lol.

Location hidden

#680438 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
I've never once tried to interpret the Bible as I see fit.
Try harder, please..
Lol, now that's funny.

Location hidden

#680439 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
An agnostic person to someone who thinks that nothing is known or can be known about God.
I am not agnostic.
Again, agnosticism refers to knowledge. That is a popular usage, and it can be used that way, but the way I just described it is also correct. You are an agnostic theist, unless you claim to know for a fact that god exists. Is that your position? In that case, please justify it. If you can't, you are an agnostic theist. And I am an agnostic atheist, since I do not know for sure that a god doesn't exist, but don't believe in one.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#680440 Dec 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If they had any faith in their beliefs they would not need to resort to insults and other trolling to make it appear that they have a legitimate answer. The truth is still the truth whether or not they chose to accept it. I can find a lot more problems with theists. Should we start a list? LOL!
I started a list once. I found that fervent theists and atheists are quite similar.

If I want an unbiased opinion I turn to agnostics. <smile>

Location hidden

#680441 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your beliefs already do affect my way of life. But you don't see me trying to stop you from your beliefs.
You see, I'm not an atheist.
They do? In what way does my disbelief in a god affect your life? Does it compare to the ways in which religious belief *actually* affect people's lives. Have you ever been denied the ability to marry because of a massive campaign ran by atheists? Have you ever lived in a society where it is considered socially acceptable for the president to call you subhuman?

Location hidden

#680442 Dec 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
RR's sumpthun else, isn't he?
He accuses me of lying about something he said... after a link was provided to the post where he said it.
Now look at him. >>> "Hukt says dreams aren't even real."
He seems so anxious to bust someone for lying...
Wunner why?
Lol.. indeed.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#680443 Dec 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
One good example is the FFRF trying to have a cross removed in my hometown.
<quoted text>
How does that, in itself, affect your way of life?

Don't get all riled up and sh!t yourself again.

Calm down, think about it, then reply.
I don't want to, I didn't say that I do.
Stay calm and rethink that.
Oh, Lord....
Another stupid ass atheist thinking he gets to make up definitions of established words.
How am I being stupid, RR?
Please tell me, what part of the definition of theist says you have to believe in all gods?
None. Why do you ask? I made no modification to the definition of the word "theist".

Back to your opening statement...

Did you just call "poly-atheist" an established word? Is it? What's wrong with making up a definition if it isn't? If it is an established word, then was my definition "made up"? If so... did I break some kind of rule?
Also, tell me how a person can be atheist and theist at the same time.
I don't know. Why do you ask? Do you know?

How many gods do you not believe exists? None? One? More than one?
Thanks in advance.
You're welcome. It was my my pleasure.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#680444 Dec 26, 2013
One that considers themself agnostic can be receptive to the notion of faith.

By not considering themself agnostic, they shallow their faith.

Just a thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Nohweh 55,895
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Michael 650,004
Why do Turkish men cheat (Aug '10) 24 min randomgirl 547
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Pegasus 281,476
snapchat name 56 min Tommy 3
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 57 min Sexgirl 1,980
How to get Free Steam games, Steam Wallet codes... (Dec '13) 1 hr RandomGuy1334 145
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 17 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web