Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof doesn't exist until it exist.
Correct.

If certain people would get an education they would not make such stupid statements.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative.
I'm trying to use a more simple concept to understand. Simpler that a God concept, nacho cheese.
You can't force someone to like nacho cheese. One either likes it or they don't. And you can't convince someone who's never heard of nacho cheese that it's tasty or disgusting.
They are nacho cheese ignorant and will call you delusional.
What in the world are you talking about? This isn't relevant at all. I never said anything about 'forcing" someone to like nachos, and I never said I could convince anyone whether or not they would like it. I said that your comparison between the "difficulty" of proving that you like nacho cheese and the actual difficulty of proving a god is nonsensical. Again, if someone says they like something that we know to exist, that claim can be taken at face value. That's all the "evidence" we need, because it is a mundane claim about a mundane thing, and it deals with things that are known to exist - food and preferences. Not so for god.

Also, no one would call me "delusional" for telling them they would like nachos. Are you being serious? They might not agree with me, but again, the existence of nacho cheese and the existence of likes or dislikes is not in question. It's not the same as, say, me telling someone that they would love the tender embrace of apollo, regardless of how much you wish it to be so.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
Is that king dude right? You on crack?
How do things, verifiable things, things that exist, verifiably, such as hands and DNA compare to a fictional character in a badly written book who fcked his own mom?
HOW?????
What fictional character in a book?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A baseless assertion.
This is a statement you cannot know or verify.
The existence of entire cultures that have never heard of your god is verification enough. You can be a pedant and claim that everyone who has heard of christianity has spoken to god, as absurd as that claim would be, but since I know you are not above absurdity we will forget that.

We know, for a fact, that your god does not exist as far as many peoples are concerned, currently and throughout history. One would assume that if god could speak to people, his glorious voice wouldn't be limited by cultural trends or geographical boundaries, so the fact that not one of these cultures spontaneously converts until tempted to do so by an outside force is proof enough that he doesn't speak to these people (or really anyone, but whatever).

Now, you will say that god spoke to them but they didn't know it, or some other such nonsense.

“I'm not Religious ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Tucker Case is also a character in Christopher Moore's 'The Stupidest Angel'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stupidest_An...
I enjoyed all of Moore's books.
Have my favorites on audio... and of those, the ones narrated by Fisher Stevens are better listened to than read, IMO.
Oh man..... I've got such a backlog of books to read.....I still haven't read Catcher's book that he recommended almost a year ago.

I'm like a modern day Mr. Beemis from the Twilight Zone I suppose.......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you suppose was "arbitrarily" placed in the Bible?
Do you suppose that the compilers of the bible had some sort of objective way to tell which books were truly inspired and which weren't?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

LuciFerr wrote:
Is this you RR?
http://youtu.be/RNPxIibhcKY
I wish I had a riding lawn mower, shiiiiiiit....

Alls I got is a self-propelled walk behind mower.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no proof of a god.
Not for you, no.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
No proof to you personally that is.......
you cannot speak for everyone else I'm afraid...
Ultimately, I believe that belief in God is founded on a choice to acknowledge the existence of God without any incontrovertible evidence. That simply is called faith. A simple word with very deep meanings and understandings. I don't believe that it's anyone else’s responsibility to prove to another person that God exists. It's really our own responsibility to turn to God and ask Him to prove His existence to us individually. That simply stated is between you and him.
Until you do that no proof is possible to you.
Just my opinion.
I think the same thing, except about thor. So really, it's your responsibility to renounce your heretical ways and ask thor to forgive you for your transgressions. There really is proof if you look for him, trust me. You just gotta believe before you have any reason to believe.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What in the world are you talking about? This isn't relevant at all. I never said anything about 'forcing" someone to like nachos, and I never said I could convince anyone whether or not they would like it. I said that your comparison between the "difficulty" of proving that you like nacho cheese and the actual difficulty of proving a god is nonsensical. Again, if someone says they like something that we know to exist, that claim can be taken at face value. That's all the "evidence" we need, because it is a mundane claim about a mundane thing, and it deals with things that are known to exist - food and preferences. Not so for god.
Also, no one would call me "delusional" for telling them they would like nachos. Are you being serious? They might not agree with me, but again, the existence of nacho cheese and the existence of likes or dislikes is not in question. It's not the same as, say, me telling someone that they would love the tender embrace of apollo, regardless of how much you wish it to be so.
If I tell you I love nacho cheese, you'll likely believe me.

Why?

Because you've experienced the sense of taste and understand the idea of loving and hating different foods.

You have no "sense" of God, you've never experienced Him. So no matter what I say, you won't believe me.

It's like trying to explain to a blind man what the color blue looks like.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>The existence of entire cultures that have never heard of your god is verification enough. You can be a pedant and claim that everyone who has heard of christianity has spoken to god, as absurd as that claim would be, but since I know you are not above absurdity we will forget that.
We know, for a fact, that your god does not exist as far as many peoples are concerned, currently and throughout history. One would assume that if god could speak to people, his glorious voice wouldn't be limited by cultural trends or geographical boundaries, so the fact that not one of these cultures spontaneously converts until tempted to do so by an outside force is proof enough that he doesn't speak to these people (or really anyone, but whatever).
Now, you will say that god spoke to them but they didn't know it, or some other such nonsense.
Well now you're just assuming that other gods are not God represented differently.

Who are you to assert that?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you suppose that the compilers of the bible had some sort of objective way to tell which books were truly inspired and which weren't?
Answering a question with a question isn't an answer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't mean there's no proof.
There is proof of your hands, but I've never seen that proof.
<quoted text>
Virtually none.
Not none.
<quoted text>
That would be some proof, not no proof.
<quoted text>
LMAO! No, Jesus didn't say that.
Because generation doesn't mean generation when it conflicts with your beliefs.

“Say what you like," we shall be told [by some critics], "the apocalyptic beliefs of the first Christians have been proved to be false. It is clear from the New Testament that they all expected the Second Coming in their own lifetime. And, worse still, they had a reason, and one which you will find very embarrassing. Their Master had told them so. He shared, and indeed created, their delusion. He said in so many words,'This generation shall not pass till all these things be done.' And he was wrong. He clearly knew no more about the end of the world than anyone else." [Here the imaginary critics end speaking. CS Lewis begins next.]

CS Lewis
thewordofme

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't mean there's no proof.
There is proof of your hands, but I've never seen that proof.
<quoted text>
Virtually none.
Not none.
<quoted text>
That would be some proof, not no proof.
<quoted text>
LMAO! No, Jesus didn't say that.
Wordofme...."Jesus said he would be back in his followers lifetime, but never showed. That alone puts the lie to Christ as God."

RR says:
"LMAO! No, Jesus didn't say that."

copy/paste from wikipedia:
"Victor J. Stenger notes that *Jesus* is recorded as saying, " ...there are some standing here, which shall not taste death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom ", Matt 16:28. He makes similar predictions in four other places in the Gospels; Mark 9:1, Mark 13:30, Matt 24:34, Luke 9:27. In Stenger's view, when the coming did not happen within the life-times of his disciples, as Jesus prophesied, Christianity changed its emphasis to the Resurrection and promise of eternal life."

As noted above Jesus is recorded as saying this in 3 of the 4 gospels.

What say you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Lack of proof means just that >>> lack of proof.
You demonstrate a lack proof of your god.
Hands are objectively verifiable and one's claim to have hands is not an extraordinary claim.
Your god, like your feelings and dreams, is in your head. You have no proof of your god, your feelings, or your dreams.
You can't provide proof. It's all in your head.
Please, not the hands thing again. He has moved on to nacho cheese, which, while just as dumb, it's at least hilarious.

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>What fictional character in a book?
The yaweh war monger who did his mom.

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I wish I had a riding lawn mower, shiiiiiiit....

Alls I got is a self-propelled walk behind mower.
http://youtu.be/E8-SgCcKw48

Admit it, this is you, right?

“I'm not Religious ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I think the same thing, except about thor. So really, it's your responsibility to renounce your heretical ways and ask thor to forgive you for your transgressions. There really is proof if you look for him, trust me. You just gotta believe before you have any reason to believe.
Now you're just being plain silly because the closest you've ever come to worshipping Thor was on Netflix. If you want to walk around silly and Thor.... Then be my guest.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't mean proof doesn't exist.
Just the lack of it.
I'll settle for evidence.

How much longer will you need?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"A god would be proof of a god."
o.O
Very astute.
Ask Him, truthfully and honestly.
You'll see.
I wonder what you would say to mother theresa, who spent the last couple decades of her life *begging* to feel the power of god, to speak with him, to even see a tiny sign, and according to her many letters her prayers were never answered. Do you think she was truthful and honest? Would you have the balls to say something to dumb to her?

Why would god ignore mother theresa? You sure seem to make this out to be quite simple - indeed, just "ask him and you'll see." Lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 644,501 - 644,520 of679,291
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

643 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Zioni 109,370
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min LTM 511,666
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min KiMare 89,381
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Aura Mytha 216,329
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 27 min Al Capone 3,303
Gay Snapchat Names 48 min Gaydish523 1,295
avandia 2014 55 min AlmostDied 75
teen snapchat nudes 1 hr TheFrozenJogurt 103
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 5 hr JACK 216